Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone suggest any other games?
1 2
To make it easier for yall to suggest something, I have Steam for my PC, switch and 2DS XL to work with, and any genre is good excluding romance.
To make it easier for yall to suggest something, I have Steam for my PC, switch and 2DS XL to work with, and any genre is good excluding romance.
One of my favourite games is Control. It's an action adventure about a woman who tries to rescue her little brother from a government building where paranatural phenomena are researched. It's very much about exploring and making sense on your own about what you come across. A lot of the worldbuilding is told via collectables; documents, audio logs and even live-action footage.
Although it does feel unsettling at times, it's not a horror game. And the longer you play and discover the world, the more you'll be like 'Yeah, sure. This is normal.'
And damn, this has extremely satisfying combat. It feels smooth and actually encourages a somewhat offensive playstyle, rather than one based on stealth. Very fun.

It's on Switch, but I recommend getting it on PC if you're interested, because it looks beautiful.
One of my favourite games is Control. It's an action adventure about a woman who tries to rescue her little brother from a government building where paranatural phenomena are researched. It's very much about exploring and making sense on your own about what you come across. A lot of the worldbuilding is told via collectables; documents, audio logs and even live-action footage.
Although it does feel unsettling at times, it's not a horror game. And the longer you play and discover the world, the more you'll be like 'Yeah, sure. This is normal.'
And damn, this has extremely satisfying combat. It feels smooth and actually encourages a somewhat offensive playstyle, rather than one based on stealth. Very fun.

It's on Switch, but I recommend getting it on PC if you're interested, because it looks beautiful.
try Wobbledogs on steam if you haven't already!
it's basically a sandbox pet simulator where you take care of weird bug-dog things called "wobbledogs" (hence the name of the game lol).
there's like a whole genetic pool thing, and you can control what your wobbledogs look like based on breeding other dogs and what you feed them. there's different wobbledog features too, like wings and horns (it's a bit hard to get them though but they're possible!).
you can also import other people's wobbledogs that they share to you! it's really fun if you want something more laidback, and i'd really recommend it ^^
try Wobbledogs on steam if you haven't already!
it's basically a sandbox pet simulator where you take care of weird bug-dog things called "wobbledogs" (hence the name of the game lol).
there's like a whole genetic pool thing, and you can control what your wobbledogs look like based on breeding other dogs and what you feed them. there's different wobbledog features too, like wings and horns (it's a bit hard to get them though but they're possible!).
you can also import other people's wobbledogs that they share to you! it's really fun if you want something more laidback, and i'd really recommend it ^^
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
RVvsFv2.png
Maybe stardew valley if you're looking for something relaxing but interesting? Romance is an option in that game but by no means is it a requirement for the main story. I've played it for a long time and I love it!

Also Okami? It's pretty straightforward, has a lot of laughs, a dramatic storyline, and it's gorgeous. It doesn't have a super long playthrough but I think it's a really fun game! I've got this one on my switch and it's great.
Maybe stardew valley if you're looking for something relaxing but interesting? Romance is an option in that game but by no means is it a requirement for the main story. I've played it for a long time and I love it!

Also Okami? It's pretty straightforward, has a lot of laughs, a dramatic storyline, and it's gorgeous. It doesn't have a super long playthrough but I think it's a really fun game! I've got this one on my switch and it's great.
Eventually I'll just DIY a signature...
^Gotta agree, Okami is my fav game of all time and if I said why I would be typing for hours lol

But asides from that,
Signalis is a good survival horror game, it plays a lot like classic Resident Evil and has an absolutely *phenominal* soundtrack, the story itself is like a mix between NieR and Silent Hill. The artsyle is very cool and also there are robot lesbians. It’s an indie game and it should be on steam. (Fun fact it was made by two people!)
^Gotta agree, Okami is my fav game of all time and if I said why I would be typing for hours lol

But asides from that,
Signalis is a good survival horror game, it plays a lot like classic Resident Evil and has an absolutely *phenominal* soundtrack, the story itself is like a mix between NieR and Silent Hill. The artsyle is very cool and also there are robot lesbians. It’s an indie game and it should be on steam. (Fun fact it was made by two people!)
win98-lightning.gif MUYNhfy.png0DJvxSf.pngbYt72YT.pnggYW0j5f.pngll0CfnD.png
fkWjutW.png
Spore is a great game if you wanna go absolutely nuts with character creation and spend your time either becoming friends with everyone or wiping out every other species on the map. The Galactic Adventures expansion also adds a lot of endgame gameplay in the form of adventures which is really fun! I've been playing since release and have coined over 500 hours in it (and that's just the hours I've played on my steam account on online mode, I've spent even more offline or on my dad's computer)

Dragon's Dogma is an underrated masterpiece of gaming, it's like a soulsborne but a lot fairer to the player. It can feel a bit sluggish at times due to the lack of a good fast-travel system (who's idea was it to make the item for it a one-use thing???) but for the most part it's an exceptionally solid fantasy game with some really fun mechanics (you can pick up small enemies/npcs/your pawns and you can CLIMB the larger enemies. It's insane I love it) it also has an incredibly beefed magic system that I believe is one of the best ones out there? Idk, but magic in DD is overpowered I recommend maining the magic classes if you play (or at the very least giving them a go, you can swap freely between classes whenever you're at an inn) also after like, 10 or so years a sequel is on the way! And it has cat people!!!

Monster Hunter: World is made by the DD people and is far from the first entry to the series but it is the most beginner friendly of them. It's also the first (and until MH6 comes out it'll be the only one.) game in the series to kinda stray from the old gameplay and aesthetic styles and give the series a nice revamp. It's got some banger monsters and music and the more open-world (although it's not a full open-world game) feel is amazing.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is a really cool game that goes heavy on the Japanese mythology, it's a bit spooky at times but ohhh man it is fun, the magic system is really cool and the game itself is breathtaking. Also lots of cats (I really like cats I'm sorry I keep bringing them up ^^'') and also puppies! You can pat the dogs (and the cats), it's wonderful.

Also I agree that Control, Stardew, Wobbledogs and Okami are worth checking out, I've played the latter three and watched my dad play the first one (I'm also planning on playing it soon) and they're all amazing (especially Wobbledogs though, it's so chaotic I love it lol)
Spore is a great game if you wanna go absolutely nuts with character creation and spend your time either becoming friends with everyone or wiping out every other species on the map. The Galactic Adventures expansion also adds a lot of endgame gameplay in the form of adventures which is really fun! I've been playing since release and have coined over 500 hours in it (and that's just the hours I've played on my steam account on online mode, I've spent even more offline or on my dad's computer)

Dragon's Dogma is an underrated masterpiece of gaming, it's like a soulsborne but a lot fairer to the player. It can feel a bit sluggish at times due to the lack of a good fast-travel system (who's idea was it to make the item for it a one-use thing???) but for the most part it's an exceptionally solid fantasy game with some really fun mechanics (you can pick up small enemies/npcs/your pawns and you can CLIMB the larger enemies. It's insane I love it) it also has an incredibly beefed magic system that I believe is one of the best ones out there? Idk, but magic in DD is overpowered I recommend maining the magic classes if you play (or at the very least giving them a go, you can swap freely between classes whenever you're at an inn) also after like, 10 or so years a sequel is on the way! And it has cat people!!!

Monster Hunter: World is made by the DD people and is far from the first entry to the series but it is the most beginner friendly of them. It's also the first (and until MH6 comes out it'll be the only one.) game in the series to kinda stray from the old gameplay and aesthetic styles and give the series a nice revamp. It's got some banger monsters and music and the more open-world (although it's not a full open-world game) feel is amazing.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is a really cool game that goes heavy on the Japanese mythology, it's a bit spooky at times but ohhh man it is fun, the magic system is really cool and the game itself is breathtaking. Also lots of cats (I really like cats I'm sorry I keep bringing them up ^^'') and also puppies! You can pat the dogs (and the cats), it's wonderful.

Also I agree that Control, Stardew, Wobbledogs and Okami are worth checking out, I've played the latter three and watched my dad play the first one (I'm also planning on playing it soon) and they're all amazing (especially Wobbledogs though, it's so chaotic I love it lol)
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
Some games I can recommend off the top of my head:

Subnautica (it has a sequel called Subnautica: Below Zero but I'm a bit iffy on it. Play the sequel if you want though I can't stop you. Also avoid both if you have thalassophobia)

Spiritfarer (avoid if you're bothered by terminal illnesses)

Night in the Woods (horror pls read content warnings etc)

Slime Rancher & Slime Rancher 2

OMORI (psychological horror pls read content warnings)

Oneshot

Noita (VERY difficult, avoid if you get mad at games easily)
Some games I can recommend off the top of my head:

Subnautica (it has a sequel called Subnautica: Below Zero but I'm a bit iffy on it. Play the sequel if you want though I can't stop you. Also avoid both if you have thalassophobia)

Spiritfarer (avoid if you're bothered by terminal illnesses)

Night in the Woods (horror pls read content warnings etc)

Slime Rancher & Slime Rancher 2

OMORI (psychological horror pls read content warnings)

Oneshot

Noita (VERY difficult, avoid if you get mad at games easily)
FR+2
biased but nights into dreams lol
biased but nights into dreams lol
I found this game through Animal Jam and I enjoy both a lot! Animal Jam is a game where you play as one of the select animals and you can dress up, trade, make friends, decorate your den... Its a very social game, similar to this one is some aspects and as a kid and still sometimes now I would sit and spend hours on it. :)
I found this game through Animal Jam and I enjoy both a lot! Animal Jam is a game where you play as one of the select animals and you can dress up, trade, make friends, decorate your den... Its a very social game, similar to this one is some aspects and as a kid and still sometimes now I would sit and spend hours on it. :)
66114084_LQjLA9TWOgWrUkw.png
Journey is great -- very replayable but the game itself is relatively short. About 40-60 minutes per session.
Journey is great -- very replayable but the game itself is relatively short. About 40-60 minutes per session.
Untitled_Artwork.png
rjSiOyf.gif
P R O J E C T S
the librarythe questpixel art
red_king_poro_by_lilmisssunbear-d89bpvq.gif
1 2