Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Forgetting You Have Mods
1 2
Does anyone else here just install a bunch of mods and then proceed to forget they installed them? Because that just happened to me. A bit of backstory: I was off my meds yesterday and decided to spice up my Stardew experience with mods. I installed several mayonnaise related mods and then forgot because I do not have the things to make mayo yet. I also installed Pokefy, and I was focused more on that. Well... while playing modded Stardew, I got my cat. And I forgot I had a mod installed that changes your pet into a jar of mayonnaise. What ensued was this string of messages in a server I admin for. I had to scribble out some... Choice words, to fit FR's forum rules. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1015020950024106077/1122983971970621450/image.png[/img] Has anyone else forgotten they installed mods in a game, and then had something like that happen?
Does anyone else here just install a bunch of mods and then proceed to forget they installed them? Because that just happened to me.

A bit of backstory: I was off my meds yesterday and decided to spice up my Stardew experience with mods. I installed several mayonnaise related mods and then forgot because I do not have the things to make mayo yet. I also installed Pokefy, and I was focused more on that.

Well... while playing modded Stardew, I got my cat.

And I forgot I had a mod installed that changes your pet into a jar of mayonnaise.

What ensued was this string of messages in a server I admin for. I had to scribble out some... Choice words, to fit FR's forum rules.

image.png

Has anyone else forgotten they installed mods in a game, and then had something like that happen?
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
i sometimes will forget what stupid mods i will install for sa2b and then i open the game and every character is amongus
i sometimes will forget what stupid mods i will install for sa2b and then i open the game and every character is amongus
Rimworld mod that kills pawns when they eat without a table, completely forgot I had it and usually never bother with a table for the first few days.

It was a very short lived colony.
Rimworld mod that kills pawns when they eat without a table, completely forgot I had it and usually never bother with a table for the first few days.

a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
Rainworld mods that turn the game into meme hell (metal pipe sfx, slugcat jordans, a mod that changes the names of the regions to fit "the woke agenda" ((eg, shoreline is renamed to SHE/HERline. caps lock included. It's magical, I love liberal rainworld so much lol)), roblox handsome man face, etc.)

ARK mod that adds the california gurls dance as an emote (sadly no music with it, but it's magical)

A mod that replaces starbound's chucklefish opening with "Number 15. Burger king foot lettuce." as well as a mod that adds shinji hitting the griddy to the loading screen.

Terraria mod that changes the empress of light to spongebob, + another mod that changes the wall of flesh to the "wall of fresh"

I really really like adding memey mods to any game I can only to forget and come back months later to be promptly jumpscared by the terrifyingly brilliant mods lol
Rainworld mods that turn the game into meme hell (metal pipe sfx, slugcat jordans, a mod that changes the names of the regions to fit "the woke agenda" ((eg, shoreline is renamed to SHE/HERline. caps lock included. It's magical, I love liberal rainworld so much lol)), roblox handsome man face, etc.)

ARK mod that adds the california gurls dance as an emote (sadly no music with it, but it's magical)

A mod that replaces starbound's chucklefish opening with "Number 15. Burger king foot lettuce." as well as a mod that adds shinji hitting the griddy to the loading screen.

Terraria mod that changes the empress of light to spongebob, + another mod that changes the wall of flesh to the "wall of fresh"

I really really like adding memey mods to any game I can only to forget and come back months later to be promptly jumpscared by the terrifyingly brilliant mods lol
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
I modded Skyrim a bit for aesthetics (and because Bethesda can't seem to model women...) and forgot how bland the basic graphics are lol.
I modded Skyrim a bit for aesthetics (and because Bethesda can't seem to model women...) and forgot how bland the basic graphics are lol.
Untitled_Artwork.png
rjSiOyf.gif
P R O J E C T S
the librarythe questpixel art
red_king_poro_by_lilmisssunbear-d89bpvq.gif
Seconding on Rain World mods. I installed a bunch, I forget they're there and then all of the sudden I just start hearing the vine boom thud when scavengers are nearby (or the pipe sound effect when they die) or the Yoshi "blem" sound effect when I'm near grapple worms. And then when I die a bunch of times it goes from the Wrath/Fury symbol to "Skill Issue". Although most of the mods I got are cosmetics/gameplay fixes, the funny ones tend to....uh...pop out more the less I expect them...
Seconding on Rain World mods. I installed a bunch, I forget they're there and then all of the sudden I just start hearing the vine boom thud when scavengers are nearby (or the pipe sound effect when they die) or the Yoshi "blem" sound effect when I'm near grapple worms. And then when I die a bunch of times it goes from the Wrath/Fury symbol to "Skill Issue". Although most of the mods I got are cosmetics/gameplay fixes, the funny ones tend to....uh...pop out more the less I expect them...
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
Once I was playing Stray and got the Garfield mod that turned the cat into Garfield
.....then I forgot
next time I logged in, I burst out laughing ajsjajkasm
Once I was playing Stray and got the Garfield mod that turned the cat into Garfield
.....then I forgot
next time I logged in, I burst out laughing ajsjajkasm
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
[quote name="DinosaurFeathers" date="2023-06-26 19:24:14" ] Rimworld mod that kills pawns when they eat without a table, completely forgot I had it and usually never bother with a table for the first few days. It was a very short lived colony. [/quote] Rimworld got a lot of beautiful, weird mods. I tend to forget what I got, since I get many. Primarily ones adding animals. Imagine my surprise when a trader entered my colony, majestically riding a [url=https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2906214036]giant sea cucumber.[/url] On that note, shoutout to the little mod [url=https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2258431182]What's That Mod[/url], which tells you exactly where the weird things you're looking at came from. Helpful.
DinosaurFeathers wrote on 2023-06-26 19:24:14:

Rimworld got a lot of beautiful, weird mods. I tend to forget what I got, since I get many. Primarily ones adding animals.

Imagine my surprise when a trader entered my colony, majestically riding a giant sea cucumber.

On that note, shoutout to the little mod What's That Mod, which tells you exactly where the weird things you're looking at came from. Helpful.
In Skyrim, sometimes I forget that I have The Memerim Triumvirate which includes: the Daedric Punishment for Insults Related to Sweetrolls Mod (turns guards into sweetrolls when they say, "Let me guess. Someone stole your sweetroll?" Complete with Daedric visual effects and sound effects.), the Divine Punishment for Mention of Arrows in the Knee Mod (lightning strikes and kills any guard who says "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee." You can loot the guard's corpse afterwards with no penalty, too!), and the Dragon Punishment for Cloud District Quips Mod(When that one guy in Whiterun who says "Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying. Of course, you don't!" says his line, he is instantly sent flying into the sky, as if he's like, "I must go! My people need me!" And sometimes "dies" upon hitting the ground, only to be resurrected upon your next visit to Whiterun! Where the cycle continues!).

I'll also forget that I have the Frogs and Toads of Skyrim mod installed. so whenever I'm near a river or a lake, I'll find the cutest wittle fwoggies and toadies hopping around. And then I'll squeal with happiness, because frogs and toads are my absolute favorite animals! >w< Plus, I can make some of the frogs and toads my in-game companions! And they'll even attack enemies for me!... Even though they really don't do very much damage. But it's the thought that counts for me!
In Skyrim, sometimes I forget that I have The Memerim Triumvirate which includes: the Daedric Punishment for Insults Related to Sweetrolls Mod (turns guards into sweetrolls when they say, "Let me guess. Someone stole your sweetroll?" Complete with Daedric visual effects and sound effects.), the Divine Punishment for Mention of Arrows in the Knee Mod (lightning strikes and kills any guard who says "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee." You can loot the guard's corpse afterwards with no penalty, too!), and the Dragon Punishment for Cloud District Quips Mod(When that one guy in Whiterun who says "Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying. Of course, you don't!" says his line, he is instantly sent flying into the sky, as if he's like, "I must go! My people need me!" And sometimes "dies" upon hitting the ground, only to be resurrected upon your next visit to Whiterun! Where the cycle continues!).

I'll also forget that I have the Frogs and Toads of Skyrim mod installed. so whenever I'm near a river or a lake, I'll find the cutest wittle fwoggies and toadies hopping around. And then I'll squeal with happiness, because frogs and toads are my absolute favorite animals! >w< Plus, I can make some of the frogs and toads my in-game companions! And they'll even attack enemies for me!... Even though they really don't do very much damage. But it's the thought that counts for me!
[quote name="inhumanelm" date="2023-06-26 21:09:40" ] I modded Skyrim a bit for aesthetics (and because Bethesda can't seem to model women...) and forgot how bland the basic graphics are lol. [/quote] ^^^ This and also I forgot I downloaded Sheograth's Helpful Hints Mod, which means the loading screen is just the ramblings of a mad god. Also was surprised to see keyblades available for crafting in the forge...Alongside Majora's mask.
inhumanelm wrote on 2023-06-26 21:09:40:
^^^
This
and also I forgot I downloaded Sheograth's Helpful Hints Mod, which means the loading screen is just the ramblings of a mad god. Also was surprised to see keyblades available for crafting in the forge...Alongside Majora's mask.
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
1 2