Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Change: Wind, Light or Earth?
I know, another flight change debate. But its rough when you can't scope out the community of the other flights.

I'm currently in nature and the community has been straight up lovely, welcoming and helpful in getting me started and showing me the ropes. Sadly the aesthetics are not quite floating my boat.

I really like Wind, Light and Earth (in that order) as far as aesthetics go.

But also community is really big for me. I'm all about helping other people. I've gotten really into Coli and I want to participate in Dom stuff. Though I'm still pretty new and am not really a powerhouse to any degree. I would love to really get more involved.

As for me as a person I'm an adult, early thirties, and I have a toddler. I have to say I am... ehem.. not the most intresting person. But I make up for that, I hope, in kindness? I'm pretty laid back and easy going.

Anyway, opinions would be really appreciated.
Also I do have a discord.
I know, another flight change debate. But its rough when you can't scope out the community of the other flights.

I'm currently in nature and the community has been straight up lovely, welcoming and helpful in getting me started and showing me the ropes. Sadly the aesthetics are not quite floating my boat.

I really like Wind, Light and Earth (in that order) as far as aesthetics go.

But also community is really big for me. I'm all about helping other people. I've gotten really into Coli and I want to participate in Dom stuff. Though I'm still pretty new and am not really a powerhouse to any degree. I would love to really get more involved.

As for me as a person I'm an adult, early thirties, and I have a toddler. I have to say I am... ehem.. not the most intresting person. But I make up for that, I hope, in kindness? I'm pretty laid back and easy going.

Anyway, opinions would be really appreciated.
Also I do have a discord.
ZwbGqUa.png7A7cEAI.pnglAvpyOQ.png
Untitled142-20240227084615.pngUntitled100-20230910215000.png
I'm very biased on this but Light! The community, especially on discord, is very welcoming and friendly and we're pretty big on dominance. Even if you're not a big exalter, there's always something you can help with like running events! If you love to help out, we also have a foodbank and hibden bank you can donate to to help other players
I'm very biased on this but Light! The community, especially on discord, is very welcoming and friendly and we're pretty big on dominance. Even if you're not a big exalter, there's always something you can help with like running events! If you love to help out, we also have a foodbank and hibden bank you can donate to to help other players
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
Wind may not be as dom-oriented as light, but we have a vibrant artistic community and a very active and friendly discord if you wish to join us! I can't speak for others, of course, but I've always found us to be generous and willing to help people of any flight.

If you like the idea of joining a flight of artists who will happily help you with your aesthetics endeavours like improving your drawings, giving you skin/accent advice or dress up your dragons to be perfect, consider the Wind flight!
Wind may not be as dom-oriented as light, but we have a vibrant artistic community and a very active and friendly discord if you wish to join us! I can't speak for others, of course, but I've always found us to be generous and willing to help people of any flight.

If you like the idea of joining a flight of artists who will happily help you with your aesthetics endeavours like improving your drawings, giving you skin/accent advice or dress up your dragons to be perfect, consider the Wind flight!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
I started in light, 'vacationed' in earth for like 2 years, and then eventually moved back to light. Earth wins more but they are more individual about dom. Maybe they have a dicord that is more active but I found I had trouble getting into their dom community through the forums.

Light on the other hand feels very easy to me. Lots of ways to get involved in dom and during big conquest pushes we have ways to help with dom that don't require using your own funds which is really nice because I can exalt without having to lose any of my own money. It's also really easy to just hop into dom efforts on any random day of a push where in earth it felt like I had to be more involved long term instead of popping in and out.You certainly CAN be more involved in light but it's also no issue if life gets busy and you ignore dom for months unless you commit to leading anything.

Personally between the two I much prefer light even if we don't get dom bonuses as often.
I started in light, 'vacationed' in earth for like 2 years, and then eventually moved back to light. Earth wins more but they are more individual about dom. Maybe they have a dicord that is more active but I found I had trouble getting into their dom community through the forums.

Light on the other hand feels very easy to me. Lots of ways to get involved in dom and during big conquest pushes we have ways to help with dom that don't require using your own funds which is really nice because I can exalt without having to lose any of my own money. It's also really easy to just hop into dom efforts on any random day of a push where in earth it felt like I had to be more involved long term instead of popping in and out.You certainly CAN be more involved in light but it's also no issue if life gets busy and you ignore dom for months unless you commit to leading anything.

Personally between the two I much prefer light even if we don't get dom bonuses as often.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.giff4c9992b-47ff-11e7-8b02-b56db8b8415b.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif000653c0-4800-11e7-b454-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Thanks for taking the time to reply!
ZwbGqUa.png7A7cEAI.pnglAvpyOQ.png
Untitled142-20240227084615.pngUntitled100-20230910215000.png