Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Visual Kei fans? Yes?! Hi!?
1 2
I've kinda fell back into the rabbit hole somehow, I don't know how, but it happened

I've been in touch with vk a little since my massive obsession years ago. I will follow Miyavi to the ends of the earth, I still need to see Dir en Grey live, Gackt never seems to flipping age omg (don't get me started on chacha, holy damn)

So I still follow up on a few of my favorite old ones but for the most part, not much

And then Golden Bomber played and I'm back in this mess

So, to any vk fans, Hi! Hello, friends yes?! Are you guys still into VK, got any favs from back in the day or current or new ones.

To any curious newcomers, hi! Hello, friends yes!?

VK is more about the makeup and costumes and if you like music or finding new music to listen to, ayee, I got a few bands to set you on the path

Disclaimer: VK back in the 80s to early 00s is very different to how it is now. Keep an incredibly open mind cause sometimes its a bit overwhelming
I've kinda fell back into the rabbit hole somehow, I don't know how, but it happened

I've been in touch with vk a little since my massive obsession years ago. I will follow Miyavi to the ends of the earth, I still need to see Dir en Grey live, Gackt never seems to flipping age omg (don't get me started on chacha, holy damn)

So I still follow up on a few of my favorite old ones but for the most part, not much

And then Golden Bomber played and I'm back in this mess

So, to any vk fans, Hi! Hello, friends yes?! Are you guys still into VK, got any favs from back in the day or current or new ones.

To any curious newcomers, hi! Hello, friends yes!?

VK is more about the makeup and costumes and if you like music or finding new music to listen to, ayee, I got a few bands to set you on the path

Disclaimer: VK back in the 80s to early 00s is very different to how it is now. Keep an incredibly open mind cause sometimes its a bit overwhelming
EDxejRx.png
[b]OMG Flight Rising visual kei forum thread OMG! Hello! I'm so sad, why there's no replies! [/b] So, I'm 22 now and i kind of listened to visual kei since middle school (I was a big Girugamesh fan <3), but recently I have developed a really strong interest with it :D I have started following some visual kei blogs on tumblr (like, last autumn) and I really enjoy getting to know more and more bands ^^ Right now I listen to those bands: 9Goats Black Out, An Cafe, Buck-Tick, Deadman, Dir en Grey, Girugamesh, Dog in The PWO, Inugami Circus-dan, Kagerou, Kagrra, Kra, Lareine, Luna Sea, Malice Mizer, Marusa, Mebius, Mejibray, Merry, Mirage, Missalina Rei, Nightmare, Penicillin, Sandwich de 120 pun, Sex-Android, Shazna, SuG, Syndrome and The Gazette. [b]Are you still into visual kei? If so, can you recommend me some songs and bands uwu?[/b] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/b5/b2/aeb5b2c451dfa49c4d896c889572934b.jpg[/img]
OMG Flight Rising visual kei forum thread OMG! Hello! I'm so sad, why there's no replies!

So, I'm 22 now and i kind of listened to visual kei since middle school (I was a big Girugamesh fan <3), but recently I have developed a really strong interest with it :D I have started following some visual kei blogs on tumblr (like, last autumn) and I really enjoy getting to know more and more bands ^^

Right now I listen to those bands: 9Goats Black Out, An Cafe, Buck-Tick, Deadman, Dir en Grey, Girugamesh, Dog in The PWO, Inugami Circus-dan, Kagerou, Kagrra, Kra, Lareine, Luna Sea, Malice Mizer, Marusa, Mebius, Mejibray, Merry, Mirage, Missalina Rei, Nightmare, Penicillin, Sandwich de 120 pun, Sex-Android, Shazna, SuG, Syndrome and The Gazette.

Are you still into visual kei? If so, can you recommend me some songs and bands uwu?

aeb5b2c451dfa49c4d896c889572934b.jpg
dEe2UrM.png
UMevL3r.png
xCVbB5p.png
nJT9A3U.png
yyOAE.gif jwXem.gif ryqTQ.gif j0ztA.gif
Yes, hi. I'm still here and I still (kind of) listen. I've been a listener for a little over 10 years now.

I still like the Gazette and girugamesh. little bit dir en grey. and im still waiting for acid black cherry to make his comeback. sheesh.
Yes, hi. I'm still here and I still (kind of) listen. I've been a listener for a little over 10 years now.

I still like the Gazette and girugamesh. little bit dir en grey. and im still waiting for acid black cherry to make his comeback. sheesh.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
I started listening to some old Dir en grey the other day and the nostalgia was strong. I hadn't heard it in years. :') I'm not familiar with a lot of the newer bands but play me some Girugamesh, Schwarz Stein, BUCK-TICK, Kagrra,, or Despair's Ray and I'll be happy for days. (I might over play music when I listen.)

It's great to see some fellow fans. :D
I started listening to some old Dir en grey the other day and the nostalgia was strong. I hadn't heard it in years. :') I'm not familiar with a lot of the newer bands but play me some Girugamesh, Schwarz Stein, BUCK-TICK, Kagrra,, or Despair's Ray and I'll be happy for days. (I might over play music when I listen.)

It's great to see some fellow fans. :D
79868604p.png79868603p.png1q7diA4.jpegMreCscM.png
[quote name="MyHartWillDrogon" date="2023-06-23 20:25:44" ] Yes, hi. I'm still here and I still (kind of) listen. I've been a listener for a little over 10 years now. I still like the Gazette and girugamesh. little bit dir en grey. and im still waiting for acid black cherry to make his comeback. sheesh. [/quote] AAAHHHHH the clasics, I keep all my visual kei bands on my itunes forever. I keep tabs on the Gazette, but is Girugamesh still making things? Has it changed since 2018? I really wish 3rd birthday wasn't so hard to find/ they had more songs. @Ryuugo Im so happy to see so many familiar names!! yeeeeeeee~
MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2023-06-23 20:25:44:

AAAHHHHH the clasics, I keep all my visual kei bands on my itunes forever. I keep tabs on the Gazette, but is Girugamesh still making things? Has it changed since 2018?

I really wish 3rd birthday wasn't so hard to find/ they had more songs.

@Ryuugo Im so happy to see so many familiar names!! yeeeeeeee~
[quote name="bakiller19" date="2023-06-23 20:40:20" ] [quote name="MyHartWillDrogon" date="2023-06-23 20:25:44" ] Yes, hi. I'm still here and I still (kind of) listen. I've been a listener for a little over 10 years now. I still like the Gazette and girugamesh. little bit dir en grey. and im still waiting for acid black cherry to make his comeback. sheesh. [/quote] AAAHHHHH the clasics, I keep all my visual kei bands on my itunes forever. I keep tabs on the Gazette, but is Girugamesh still making things? Has it changed since 2018? I really wish 3rd birthday wasn't so hard to find/ they had more songs. Ryuugo Im so happy to see so many familiar names!! yeeeeeeee~ [/quote] I heard girugamesh got back together and did either one song or an album or something -- ive yet to check it out mostly because I just keep forgetting.
bakiller19 wrote on 2023-06-23 20:40:20:
MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2023-06-23 20:25:44:

AAAHHHHH the clasics, I keep all my visual kei bands on my itunes forever. I keep tabs on the Gazette, but is Girugamesh still making things? Has it changed since 2018?

I really wish 3rd birthday wasn't so hard to find/ they had more songs.

Ryuugo Im so happy to see so many familiar names!! yeeeeeeee~

I heard girugamesh got back together and did either one song or an album or something -- ive yet to check it out mostly because I just keep forgetting.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Please... I need some recommendations.

I listen to The Gazette and Dir En Grey. There's a couple of other bands but not VK. I need more. xD

I listen to The Gazette and Dir En Grey. There's a couple of other bands but not VK. I need more. xD
34819.png
- death unto dawn -
[quote name="Nishiboys" date="2016-08-25 01:20:58" ] Gackt never seems to flipping age omg [/quote] To be fair, he is one of the quintessential plastic surgery celebrities in Japan haha. He looks really cool, and he's never going to age.
Nishiboys wrote on 2016-08-25 01:20:58:
Gackt never seems to flipping age omg

To be fair, he is one of the quintessential plastic surgery celebrities in Japan haha. He looks really cool, and he's never going to age.
nymph.pngsand.png
Check out my gamedev,
art portfolio and personal blog!
@ https://blessfrey.me/
abbey.pnghavelock.png
[quote name="zerotwo" date="2023-06-23 22:42:11" ] Please... I need some recommendations. I listen to The Gazette and Dir En Grey. There's a couple of other bands but not VK. I need more. xD [/quote] I didn't know all of them but any of the bands mentioned in this thread are probably pretty good. There's also some that need mentioning still, like X-Japan, Malice Mizer, and Versailles. :)
zerotwo wrote on 2023-06-23 22:42:11:

I didn't know all of them but any of the bands mentioned in this thread are probably pretty good. There's also some that need mentioning still, like X-Japan, Malice Mizer, and Versailles. :)
79868604p.png79868603p.png1q7diA4.jpegMreCscM.png
I have never clicked on a thread so fast in my life--

My vkei phase never ended, it just aged like fine wine. Definitely into more "new generation" groups (Diaura, Mejibray, etc.) but I grew up with Versailles, The GazettE and Dir en Grey.
I have never clicked on a thread so fast in my life--

My vkei phase never ended, it just aged like fine wine. Definitely into more "new generation" groups (Diaura, Mejibray, etc.) but I grew up with Versailles, The GazettE and Dir en Grey.
1 2