Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | motorcycles, anyone?
....no, i dont drive a motorcycle yet. but im saving up to take an msf course in my area and for some gear (since they need you to buy some before going)

anyone ride? what kind of bike? cruiser? sport? dual sport? nakey bike? what brand?

i wanna go to a local dealer sometime and just... sit on bikes. im gonna sit on all of em. im gonna put all the helmets on. try all the gloves. see whats comfy before i waste my money.

ive been looking at bikes for a while and everyone says oh go get a rebel 500! its perfect for your height and great for new bikers! but god does it look ugly. IM SO SORRY. i really dont like how cruisers look. someone else i asked recommended the mt-03 and another person suggested the ninja 400 which i MIGHT look at.

and for potential lurkers, please keep your "but motorcycles are dangerous!" comments to yourselves... because we know, lol. (lighthearted)
....no, i dont drive a motorcycle yet. but im saving up to take an msf course in my area and for some gear (since they need you to buy some before going)

anyone ride? what kind of bike? cruiser? sport? dual sport? nakey bike? what brand?

i wanna go to a local dealer sometime and just... sit on bikes. im gonna sit on all of em. im gonna put all the helmets on. try all the gloves. see whats comfy before i waste my money.

ive been looking at bikes for a while and everyone says oh go get a rebel 500! its perfect for your height and great for new bikers! but god does it look ugly. IM SO SORRY. i really dont like how cruisers look. someone else i asked recommended the mt-03 and another person suggested the ninja 400 which i MIGHT look at.

and for potential lurkers, please keep your "but motorcycles are dangerous!" comments to yourselves... because we know, lol. (lighthearted)
Did someone say MOTORCYCLES?!!

I don't ride or anything at the minute since I'm not in an ideal position to, but it's one of my goals in life. Most I've done is ask a local motorcycle supplies shop how they suggest getting into riding, and gawk at all the cool bikes my relatives get to ride. That's about it really!

My favourite kind of bike purely off of looks are probably cruiser bikes. They'd probably be more idea than anything else, really. I had my eyes on a Honda rebel as a starting bike, mostly because I've mostly been around Honda motorcycles (i do get it looks quite generic, though i like how classic it looks). A sportier bike like a Yamaha YZF would be cool but we'll see I guess!

And yeah, like you said it is wise to try on all the equipment and sit on the bikes first since those things are expensive, especially with insurance costs too. It's a very big commitment!
Did someone say MOTORCYCLES?!!

I don't ride or anything at the minute since I'm not in an ideal position to, but it's one of my goals in life. Most I've done is ask a local motorcycle supplies shop how they suggest getting into riding, and gawk at all the cool bikes my relatives get to ride. That's about it really!

My favourite kind of bike purely off of looks are probably cruiser bikes. They'd probably be more idea than anything else, really. I had my eyes on a Honda rebel as a starting bike, mostly because I've mostly been around Honda motorcycles (i do get it looks quite generic, though i like how classic it looks). A sportier bike like a Yamaha YZF would be cool but we'll see I guess!

And yeah, like you said it is wise to try on all the equipment and sit on the bikes first since those things are expensive, especially with insurance costs too. It's a very big commitment!
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

@MandiblesInferno

AHH AWESOME ANOTHER ENTHUSIAST!! YEAHHH MOTORCYCLES

and the rebel's all yours haha, totally get the appeal for the classic look though! ive heard that honda bikes can take a heavy beating and ive only heard good things about the rebel line so thats a definite plus.

im partial to yamaha only because ive played yamaha guitars (both electric and acoustic) and i actually own an electric guitar manufactured by yamaha, so im a biiiiit biased knowing that yamaha has always had pretty spectacular products.

its DEF a big commitment and i kind of shudder thinking about the upkeep costs (insurance for you and your bike, maintenance fees, making sure the dang thing doesnt get stolen...) but id be lying if i said i didnt want one really badly.

right now im looking for local dealerships but all i can find are repair shops, which is really disappointing... and theres a harley davidson nearby, but i dont want bikes from their line mostly for cost reasons (looking for used bikes under $5k so i can spend the rest on gear)
@MandiblesInferno

AHH AWESOME ANOTHER ENTHUSIAST!! YEAHHH MOTORCYCLES

and the rebel's all yours haha, totally get the appeal for the classic look though! ive heard that honda bikes can take a heavy beating and ive only heard good things about the rebel line so thats a definite plus.

im partial to yamaha only because ive played yamaha guitars (both electric and acoustic) and i actually own an electric guitar manufactured by yamaha, so im a biiiiit biased knowing that yamaha has always had pretty spectacular products.

its DEF a big commitment and i kind of shudder thinking about the upkeep costs (insurance for you and your bike, maintenance fees, making sure the dang thing doesnt get stolen...) but id be lying if i said i didnt want one really badly.

right now im looking for local dealerships but all i can find are repair shops, which is really disappointing... and theres a harley davidson nearby, but i dont want bikes from their line mostly for cost reasons (looking for used bikes under $5k so i can spend the rest on gear)
Ohh yeah of course! Sometimes I forget Yamaha make basically everything under the sun... I swear I had a Yamaha keyboard when I was younger (nowhere near as cool as a guitar though). I haven't been surrounded by many Yamaha bikes, but one of my relatives has one, and it was one of the coolest looking ones I've seen! I can't remember the exact model though, which is a shame.

Despite the costs, its probably worth it for the experience, especially when you're mindful about taking precautions like you are.

And honestly, harleys are really cool but like you said, they're expensive and there are more affordable options out there. I've also heard the occasional thing about how some of their past models have had some pretty dangerous issues, which made them pretty prone to breaking. But take that with a grain of salt because I've long forgotten my sources (lol) and that's probably not even applicable to their newer bikes.
Ohh yeah of course! Sometimes I forget Yamaha make basically everything under the sun... I swear I had a Yamaha keyboard when I was younger (nowhere near as cool as a guitar though). I haven't been surrounded by many Yamaha bikes, but one of my relatives has one, and it was one of the coolest looking ones I've seen! I can't remember the exact model though, which is a shame.

Despite the costs, its probably worth it for the experience, especially when you're mindful about taking precautions like you are.

And honestly, harleys are really cool but like you said, they're expensive and there are more affordable options out there. I've also heard the occasional thing about how some of their past models have had some pretty dangerous issues, which made them pretty prone to breaking. But take that with a grain of salt because I've long forgotten my sources (lol) and that's probably not even applicable to their newer bikes.
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

I love the biker aesthetic. Love leather jackets (I got one that has really crazy fringe on the arms), got these bootcut jeans, crazy belts, knee high boots, an eagle shirt to go with it. However, I unfortunately don't have a motorbike. I think it would be awesome to ride a bike around, all though again there's always dangers that come with it, although you gotta be careful with anything driving related tbh. I couldn't tell you anything about motorbikes for the life of me but I do like to watch them go around, and if I were to get one, I'd get a purple one (since it's my favorite color), or maybe a red one. I'd get one with lower handles since I don't wanna deal with blood flow and tingly arms lol.
I love the biker aesthetic. Love leather jackets (I got one that has really crazy fringe on the arms), got these bootcut jeans, crazy belts, knee high boots, an eagle shirt to go with it. However, I unfortunately don't have a motorbike. I think it would be awesome to ride a bike around, all though again there's always dangers that come with it, although you gotta be careful with anything driving related tbh. I couldn't tell you anything about motorbikes for the life of me but I do like to watch them go around, and if I were to get one, I'd get a purple one (since it's my favorite color), or maybe a red one. I'd get one with lower handles since I don't wanna deal with blood flow and tingly arms lol.
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
@MandiblesInferno whoops super late AAA
its really cool how you have family members that ride bikes though! i know my uncle used to ride but stopped after he had kids, which probably says a lot (he's a car guy now)

and yeaaahhh, theyre like what, $10k? $15k? way out of my budget for sure lol... ive never heard of the issues that come with them though, yikes. maybe thats just more incentive for me to save for the big name japanese brands since everyone swears by them :,3

even if the newer bikes dont have issues like you said, theyre still super expensive and it'd take me years to get one, so no thank you haha!

@ClaratheBlaziken

lol thats okay! if you like em, you like em, its okay if you dont know a lot about them. and true true about the whole driving thing... i feel like a lot of people associate motorcycles = instadeath because of the sheer amount of people who go 90 in a 40 zone. the same's gonna happen to you in a car: you're gonna wreck it or endanger yourself. just gotta stay sharp and vigilant out there (but even then, even i can acknowledge the high risk that comes with riding since you have like 0 real protection other than gear)

and yeahhh purple or red motorcycle!! im in the market for a red one myself, i love the color red and its high visibility compared to an all blacked out one. i had the same thought about higher handles too... cruisers look super uncomfortable to me. your arms are so... straight and pointed all the time.
@MandiblesInferno whoops super late AAA
its really cool how you have family members that ride bikes though! i know my uncle used to ride but stopped after he had kids, which probably says a lot (he's a car guy now)

and yeaaahhh, theyre like what, $10k? $15k? way out of my budget for sure lol... ive never heard of the issues that come with them though, yikes. maybe thats just more incentive for me to save for the big name japanese brands since everyone swears by them :,3

even if the newer bikes dont have issues like you said, theyre still super expensive and it'd take me years to get one, so no thank you haha!

@ClaratheBlaziken

lol thats okay! if you like em, you like em, its okay if you dont know a lot about them. and true true about the whole driving thing... i feel like a lot of people associate motorcycles = instadeath because of the sheer amount of people who go 90 in a 40 zone. the same's gonna happen to you in a car: you're gonna wreck it or endanger yourself. just gotta stay sharp and vigilant out there (but even then, even i can acknowledge the high risk that comes with riding since you have like 0 real protection other than gear)

and yeahhh purple or red motorcycle!! im in the market for a red one myself, i love the color red and its high visibility compared to an all blacked out one. i had the same thought about higher handles too... cruisers look super uncomfortable to me. your arms are so... straight and pointed all the time.
My grandparents love motorcycles so it was only before long I picked up on it too haha [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]. [img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/11/f7/fe/11f7febd248819ca61c56e08c37d71ca.jpg[/img] This is the beaut I have my eyes on, Royal Enfield Classic 500. So pretty and [b]so, so[/b] out of my price range. They're not the most expensive used, but it'll be a a long time before I can even get my hands near one. I wish you good luck on the course! Where I'm at there's a few courses that go on, but they always happen when I'm working. Ah, some day I'll get to it.
My grandparents love motorcycles so it was only before long I picked up on it too haha .

11f7febd248819ca61c56e08c37d71ca.jpg

This is the beaut I have my eyes on, Royal Enfield Classic 500. So pretty and so, so out of my price range. They're not the most expensive used, but it'll be a a long time before I can even get my hands near one.

I wish you good luck on the course! Where I'm at there's a few courses that go on, but they always happen when I'm working. Ah, some day I'll get to it.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
ooooooooh i love motorcycles!!!!!! i don't think its a reasonable goal for me to get one anytime soon, but it is DEFINITELY a dream! one of my favorites is a ninja 2008, (probably because it reminds me a lot of tfp arcee lol, which is why id also get it in blue) but i'm really not too picky on bikes! just as long as i get one eventually, im happy :D
and as clara was saying, the biker aesthetic slays so much.... i want a leather jacket so bad omg
ooooooooh i love motorcycles!!!!!! i don't think its a reasonable goal for me to get one anytime soon, but it is DEFINITELY a dream! one of my favorites is a ninja 2008, (probably because it reminds me a lot of tfp arcee lol, which is why id also get it in blue) but i'm really not too picky on bikes! just as long as i get one eventually, im happy :D
and as clara was saying, the biker aesthetic slays so much.... i want a leather jacket so bad omg
eESLWsA.gif finn + blurr | he/they/it | 15
neurodivergent (please use tonetags!)
i'll make this look nicer eventually.
it's a zero, NOT an O!
hatchery
art shop
skin shop
wishlist
ezgif-4-9f981b15fe.gif