Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | New pebble with questions!
Hi there
So this is my 3rd day on flight rising and I'm slowly getting the hang of things on the sight. Ive managed to get down my daily routine (mostly) and learnt glimmer and gloom finally. Wooh! Took a while to get it down but finally got it sort of figured out. I do however, have some questions if you lot would be willing to answer for me. Also happy to get any advice I can on the game and make friends. Thank you to anyone who does...

My plans for my lair have sort of changed from my initial plans I had but this is my sort of idea at the moment...
I still want to collect Gen 1 dragons and turn them into Ancient breeds and sort them into clans by breed but have the hierarchy based of either there colour pattern (XXX,XXY ect) or by there gene combos. The idea being these Gen 1's have hatched in there domian (element based of eyes) and come over to earth to find a home and stumbled upon this clan that accepts them and helps them evolve into there true self

Then I would like to collect some modern breeds those being Imperial, Obelisk, Coatl, Tundra and Wildclaws and sort those also by breed and then there hierarchy based of colour pattern or gene combo too. The idea behind these are they are a close clan who befriended the above clan and help them with taking care of the Gen 1's that arrive and work hard to live. They are also dragons who travelled here from there birth domian to find a home

Lastly I would like to make a clan that is solely Stitched - Patchwork dragons that is lead by my lovely Custom progen Patch! They would be sorted by colour pattern but Patch would remain the leader as the creator of the clan. My idea for them are they are the companion dragons of children who grew up and left them behind so they travelled trying to find a new home to call there own and found Patch and he took them in and gave them a purpose (yes this is sort of based of toy story...)

Now that's settled here are my questions...
1A. Are Stitched/Patchwork dragons not that popular? Ive been looking on the auction house and there isnt many.
1B. How do I go about finding more Stitched/Patchwork dragons for sale? I assume the forum but what do I search to find them. Is there any other method to find them?
2. Is it common to like certain set genes on dragons? Examples for me are Stitched/Patchwork/Wish on Aethers and Crackle on Coatls
3A. I've been looking into coding for dragon bios and such and looking into free templates and noticed Ive been having some issue trying to copy and paste it and edit it. I am solely a mobile player so Im wondering if thats the issue?
3B. I'm looking to maybe see about making my own templates if that would be easier but again never done coding before so advice would be amazing.
4A. When making lore for dragons do you have to stick to flight rising lore for the dragon breeds and locations or can you just make up your own?
4B. Are there any places where I could write stories for my dragons? I was thinking of a sort of dairy entry story for Patch maybe?
4C. Are there any forums which I could go to to bounce ideas for lore of my dragons and clan?
5. How do you go about setting up a hatchery? I might be interested once I get some more patchwork babies

Thank you to anyone who comments or replies! If you have any other advice as a beginner feel free to leave it and Ill be happy to get all the advice I can get. Thank you again!
Hi there
So this is my 3rd day on flight rising and I'm slowly getting the hang of things on the sight. Ive managed to get down my daily routine (mostly) and learnt glimmer and gloom finally. Wooh! Took a while to get it down but finally got it sort of figured out. I do however, have some questions if you lot would be willing to answer for me. Also happy to get any advice I can on the game and make friends. Thank you to anyone who does...

My plans for my lair have sort of changed from my initial plans I had but this is my sort of idea at the moment...
I still want to collect Gen 1 dragons and turn them into Ancient breeds and sort them into clans by breed but have the hierarchy based of either there colour pattern (XXX,XXY ect) or by there gene combos. The idea being these Gen 1's have hatched in there domian (element based of eyes) and come over to earth to find a home and stumbled upon this clan that accepts them and helps them evolve into there true self

Then I would like to collect some modern breeds those being Imperial, Obelisk, Coatl, Tundra and Wildclaws and sort those also by breed and then there hierarchy based of colour pattern or gene combo too. The idea behind these are they are a close clan who befriended the above clan and help them with taking care of the Gen 1's that arrive and work hard to live. They are also dragons who travelled here from there birth domian to find a home

Lastly I would like to make a clan that is solely Stitched - Patchwork dragons that is lead by my lovely Custom progen Patch! They would be sorted by colour pattern but Patch would remain the leader as the creator of the clan. My idea for them are they are the companion dragons of children who grew up and left them behind so they travelled trying to find a new home to call there own and found Patch and he took them in and gave them a purpose (yes this is sort of based of toy story...)

Now that's settled here are my questions...
1A. Are Stitched/Patchwork dragons not that popular? Ive been looking on the auction house and there isnt many.
1B. How do I go about finding more Stitched/Patchwork dragons for sale? I assume the forum but what do I search to find them. Is there any other method to find them?
2. Is it common to like certain set genes on dragons? Examples for me are Stitched/Patchwork/Wish on Aethers and Crackle on Coatls
3A. I've been looking into coding for dragon bios and such and looking into free templates and noticed Ive been having some issue trying to copy and paste it and edit it. I am solely a mobile player so Im wondering if thats the issue?
3B. I'm looking to maybe see about making my own templates if that would be easier but again never done coding before so advice would be amazing.
4A. When making lore for dragons do you have to stick to flight rising lore for the dragon breeds and locations or can you just make up your own?
4B. Are there any places where I could write stories for my dragons? I was thinking of a sort of dairy entry story for Patch maybe?
4C. Are there any forums which I could go to to bounce ideas for lore of my dragons and clan?
5. How do you go about setting up a hatchery? I might be interested once I get some more patchwork babies

Thank you to anyone who comments or replies! If you have any other advice as a beginner feel free to leave it and Ill be happy to get all the advice I can get. Thank you again!
I7zPX2p.png
@Gen1Ancients97
Welcome welcome! I unfortunately do not have all the answers to the questions, but I can answer quite a few!

1A. Stitched/Patchwork genes are in an interesting category where many players feel as though they look nice, but feel as though the genes only fit in certain scenarios (such as your plush dragons idea (which I think is really cool btw)). Because most people feel as they aren't versatile, the genes aren't very common.

1B. You can set filters on the Auction House so you only see dragons with set genes, so you could filter to be only stitch/patchwork dragons. Other than that, posting in the Find a Dragon forums are your best bet

2. Absolutely. The genes look different due to dragon anatomy and posing (just look at the difference of a gene on a snapper vs a spiral).

3A. I've never tried bio editing on mobile, but that is likely the issue

3B. Usually I would recommend looking at the code for other bios as examples of how it works, but I don't know that you can read the coding easily on moblie. I do know that the coding language for bios is BBC code.

4A. Nope, go crazy friend. Some people like to stick to the lore, others have never read the lore and do not care to. They are you're fun pixel dragons, and you get to do whatever you wish with them

4B. People usually put dragon stories into their bios or the Creative Corner forums (creative corner is for stories and art that isn't being sold)

4C. I would also go to the creative corner for this.

5. I don't know personally, but here is a guide that I found
@Gen1Ancients97
Welcome welcome! I unfortunately do not have all the answers to the questions, but I can answer quite a few!

1A. Stitched/Patchwork genes are in an interesting category where many players feel as though they look nice, but feel as though the genes only fit in certain scenarios (such as your plush dragons idea (which I think is really cool btw)). Because most people feel as they aren't versatile, the genes aren't very common.

1B. You can set filters on the Auction House so you only see dragons with set genes, so you could filter to be only stitch/patchwork dragons. Other than that, posting in the Find a Dragon forums are your best bet

2. Absolutely. The genes look different due to dragon anatomy and posing (just look at the difference of a gene on a snapper vs a spiral).

3A. I've never tried bio editing on mobile, but that is likely the issue

3B. Usually I would recommend looking at the code for other bios as examples of how it works, but I don't know that you can read the coding easily on moblie. I do know that the coding language for bios is BBC code.

4A. Nope, go crazy friend. Some people like to stick to the lore, others have never read the lore and do not care to. They are you're fun pixel dragons, and you get to do whatever you wish with them

4B. People usually put dragon stories into their bios or the Creative Corner forums (creative corner is for stories and art that isn't being sold)

4C. I would also go to the creative corner for this.

5. I don't know personally, but here is a guide that I found
fiendiishly.png
@Fiendishly Hi there! Thank you for the welcome! Im happy to get sll the advice you can give so dont worry!

1A. Aaah fair enough then. I can understand them not being as popular then. Thank you for liking my idea though!

1B. Aaah noted. I do use the filter on the auction house but there isnt too many that Ive seen. Ill have to try the find a dragon forum. Thank you for letting me know!

2. True true. It is very different between a Snapper and Spiral. That's probably it. Thank you!

3A. Aaah I thought as much. Hoped it wasnt but had a funny feeling my mobile was the issue

3B. Aaah I could do that to at least some extent. Thank you! I shall have to give that a go!

4A. Aaah glad to hear it. I think Ill read the lore and use it as a sort of base to build off maybe for my lore

4B. Aaah so its the creative corner. Noted. I shall have to post it there once I can find a pretty template to use to make it more aesthetically pleasing for folks haha

4C. Noted thanks!

5. Aaah thank you!!
@Fiendishly Hi there! Thank you for the welcome! Im happy to get sll the advice you can give so dont worry!

1A. Aaah fair enough then. I can understand them not being as popular then. Thank you for liking my idea though!

1B. Aaah noted. I do use the filter on the auction house but there isnt too many that Ive seen. Ill have to try the find a dragon forum. Thank you for letting me know!

2. True true. It is very different between a Snapper and Spiral. That's probably it. Thank you!

3A. Aaah I thought as much. Hoped it wasnt but had a funny feeling my mobile was the issue

3B. Aaah I could do that to at least some extent. Thank you! I shall have to give that a go!

4A. Aaah glad to hear it. I think Ill read the lore and use it as a sort of base to build off maybe for my lore

4B. Aaah so its the creative corner. Noted. I shall have to post it there once I can find a pretty template to use to make it more aesthetically pleasing for folks haha

4C. Noted thanks!

5. Aaah thank you!!
I7zPX2p.png
You've been on Flight Rising for only 3 days and you're already more competent than I, lol.
You've been on Flight Rising for only 3 days and you're already more competent than I, lol.
==== shadowshade.png 7ntZZGM.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
84955029p.png mlSrRbK.png
BzjAkuF.png
YMPbu9R.png
shadow.png