Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sunparched Hunt (Jump-in RP/Open!)
1 2
((ooc: Hi! Thought I might base a lil roleplay around the current 'Sunparched Prowl' event, just for fun! ^^ This is a Jump-in RP, which means anyone can join, anytime, without having to ask :) Everyone is welcome! Enjoy!)) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75397630][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/753977/75397630_350.png[/img][/url] [size=4]Cragdust lay low in the shrubbery, creeping forward with considerable stealth for a dragon his size. He scanned the undergrowth for any sign of movement, every inch he moved controlled and deliberate. Suddenly, a deer broke the silence, leaping with a crunch from a nearby bush. Its ruggedy brown fur swayed in accordance to its movement, its large dewey eyes complimenting its massive pair of horns, which twisted and turned in the shape of a majestic crown, fitting for such a noble beast. Cragdust froze, his green eyes fixated on the creature. His claws flexed eagerly, thirsting for the creature's flesh. His powerful hind legs bunched silently, preparing to spring forward at any moment, as he waited for the perfect oppertunity to pounce...[/size]
((ooc: Hi! Thought I might base a lil roleplay around the current 'Sunparched Prowl' event, just for fun! ^^ This is a Jump-in RP, which means anyone can join, anytime, without having to ask :) Everyone is welcome! Enjoy!))

75397630_350.png
Cragdust lay low in the shrubbery, creeping forward with considerable stealth for a dragon his size. He scanned the undergrowth for any sign of movement, every inch he moved controlled and deliberate.
Suddenly, a deer broke the silence, leaping with a crunch from a nearby bush. Its ruggedy brown fur swayed in accordance to its movement, its large dewey eyes complimenting its massive pair of horns, which twisted and turned in the shape of a majestic crown, fitting for such a noble beast.
Cragdust froze, his green eyes fixated on the creature. His claws flexed eagerly, thirsting for the creature's flesh. His powerful hind legs bunched silently, preparing to spring forward at any moment, as he waited for the perfect oppertunity to pounce...
7zcCDc4.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68074424][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/680745/68074424_350.png[/img][/url] Unknown to the guardian, there was someone else interested in the deer.. There was ABSOLUTELY no prey left in the Highland Scrub. The herd moved near Windswept Plateau to escape the brutal summer heat of the Shifting Expanse. [b]Indra[/b] had wandered further from her homeland. She’d sent a poor hunter or some other lackey all the way here.. but the Ridgeback had other ideas. Indra stuck a claw underneath her coat. She rummaged through clanking and clattering parts until she pulled out some sort of contraption. A harpoon gun made of brass, the pointed ends attached to wires and a core of lightning energy on the side of the weapon. The Ridgeback held the harpoon with both claws, craning her head up to scan her surroundings. A smirk crossed her lips. The deer remained undisturbed. Indra held up the gun and pointed it at the deer. She was known for beta testing her own inventions. And today, she decided to test a more convenient way to hunt meat. A moment of silence.. and she fired the harpoon gun. The arrows shot out, tied to a thick metal wire that extended from the nozzle. It stabbed the deer in the flank, causing it to jostle and squeak in terror. Indra pressed another button on the contraption. It sent a harsh electrical shock that would finally stop the deer, dead in its tracks. The spines on the neck of the Ridgeback fluttered with satisfaction. She started cranking the wires to drag the deer back. [i]Yoink.[/i]
68074424_350.png

Unknown to the guardian, there was someone else interested in the deer..

There was ABSOLUTELY no prey left in the Highland Scrub. The herd moved near Windswept Plateau to escape the brutal summer heat of the Shifting Expanse. Indra had wandered further from her homeland. She’d sent a poor hunter or some other lackey all the way here.. but the Ridgeback had other ideas. Indra stuck a claw underneath her coat. She rummaged through clanking and clattering parts until she pulled out some sort of contraption.

A harpoon gun made of brass, the pointed ends attached to wires and a core of lightning energy on the side of the weapon. The Ridgeback held the harpoon with both claws, craning her head up to scan her surroundings. A smirk crossed her lips. The deer remained undisturbed. Indra held up the gun and pointed it at the deer. She was known for beta testing her own inventions. And today, she decided to test a more convenient way to hunt meat.

A moment of silence.. and she fired the harpoon gun. The arrows shot out, tied to a thick metal wire that extended from the nozzle. It stabbed the deer in the flank, causing it to jostle and squeak in terror. Indra pressed another button on the contraption. It sent a harsh electrical shock that would finally stop the deer, dead in its tracks. The spines on the neck of the Ridgeback fluttered with satisfaction. She started cranking the wires to drag the deer back.

Yoink.
yahoo
(Will post later, ignore me rnlol)
(Will post later, ignore me rnlol)

Lore clan × pm friendly × remember to drink water
@ZephyrChimera
Cragdust, mistaking this sudden movement for the bolting of the deer, leapt forward with a loud and fearsome roar, teeth bared and claws extended. He crashed into the deer, sinking tooth and claw into its flank. He braced for a wrestle, but was surprised to find the deer limp. It was only then he noticed the harpoon jutting out from the flesh of the beast. His small green eyes followed the hefty metal cord that it was attached to, eventually coming to rest on the ridgeback nestled in the bushes. His eyes swiveled from inside his chimera headdress as he silently looked the dragon over, attempting to deduce whether or not their approach would be friendly.
@ZephyrChimera
Cragdust, mistaking this sudden movement for the bolting of the deer, leapt forward with a loud and fearsome roar, teeth bared and claws extended. He crashed into the deer, sinking tooth and claw into its flank. He braced for a wrestle, but was surprised to find the deer limp. It was only then he noticed the harpoon jutting out from the flesh of the beast. His small green eyes followed the hefty metal cord that it was attached to, eventually coming to rest on the ridgeback nestled in the bushes. His eyes swiveled from inside his chimera headdress as he silently looked the dragon over, attempting to deduce whether or not their approach would be friendly.
7zcCDc4.png
@Kutipie119

A score for Indra! The finest fisher in the realm- until a Guardian stalking the same prey leapt on her prize. The Ridgeback huffed, giving the deer a harsh tug in an attempt to dislodge it from the other dragon’s mouth. Seeing the dumbfounded Guardian stare back at her.. Indra just crossed her arms. Huh. Not her first time seeing other dragons take advantage of the summer hunts. Her ridges fluttered with annoyance. But there was a smug look behind the wraps of her Highland garb…

“So.. you’re gonna hand that over?” She hummed, waving the harpoon gun around for emphasis. “Ain’t stealing if its borrowing.”
@Kutipie119

A score for Indra! The finest fisher in the realm- until a Guardian stalking the same prey leapt on her prize. The Ridgeback huffed, giving the deer a harsh tug in an attempt to dislodge it from the other dragon’s mouth. Seeing the dumbfounded Guardian stare back at her.. Indra just crossed her arms. Huh. Not her first time seeing other dragons take advantage of the summer hunts. Her ridges fluttered with annoyance. But there was a smug look behind the wraps of her Highland garb…

“So.. you’re gonna hand that over?” She hummed, waving the harpoon gun around for emphasis. “Ain’t stealing if its borrowing.”
yahoo
Scratch that sorry I M too tired to start another rp ignore me pls)
Scratch that sorry I M too tired to start another rp ignore me pls)

Lore clan × pm friendly × remember to drink water
@ZephyrChimera
A low growl emitted from somewhere deep within Cragdust's diaphragm. He dropped the wild game and drew himself up to his full hight. He snorted like a bull.
"Was yer catch. Sorry t'bother yeh." he said in his low, gravely voice, his words slurred and difficult to understand. "Some contraption y'got 'ere, ain't it?" he mumbled, his eyes fixated on the metallic machine, drawing his wings and tail in.
@ZephyrChimera
A low growl emitted from somewhere deep within Cragdust's diaphragm. He dropped the wild game and drew himself up to his full hight. He snorted like a bull.
"Was yer catch. Sorry t'bother yeh." he said in his low, gravely voice, his words slurred and difficult to understand. "Some contraption y'got 'ere, ain't it?" he mumbled, his eyes fixated on the metallic machine, drawing his wings and tail in.
7zcCDc4.png
@Kutipie119

Indra expected the reaction. The dragons of Wind Flight were easier to negotiate unlike the hardened denizens of the Shifting Expanse. A lost meal is costly in the harsh deserts. Here, just find another underbrush for a second deer. The Ridgeback sat straight up and folded her wings. The Ridgeback was a few meters taller than the Guardian in front of her. She peeled the deer off the harpoons and clicked its head a wire on her cloak. It flopped like a strange decoration.

“Eh, there’s more than one deer.” She chuckled. Indra was about to step away until the Guardian talked about her invention. Her eyes seemed to sparkle, her artificial claws glowing as a response to her excitement. The Ridgeback held up the harpoon with both claws, proudly showing it off.

“Why of course! Its my personal invention, made and powered all by my own! The Hunting Harpoon, version 2! Ah, I say version 2 because the first one jammed easily- Not this one, baby! Hunting in a pinch is a lot easier when you can stab and shock em from a distance~”

Indra never cared for strangers. But she’ll take every chance to flaunt her ego.
@Kutipie119

Indra expected the reaction. The dragons of Wind Flight were easier to negotiate unlike the hardened denizens of the Shifting Expanse. A lost meal is costly in the harsh deserts. Here, just find another underbrush for a second deer. The Ridgeback sat straight up and folded her wings. The Ridgeback was a few meters taller than the Guardian in front of her. She peeled the deer off the harpoons and clicked its head a wire on her cloak. It flopped like a strange decoration.

“Eh, there’s more than one deer.” She chuckled. Indra was about to step away until the Guardian talked about her invention. Her eyes seemed to sparkle, her artificial claws glowing as a response to her excitement. The Ridgeback held up the harpoon with both claws, proudly showing it off.

“Why of course! Its my personal invention, made and powered all by my own! The Hunting Harpoon, version 2! Ah, I say version 2 because the first one jammed easily- Not this one, baby! Hunting in a pinch is a lot easier when you can stab and shock em from a distance~”

Indra never cared for strangers. But she’ll take every chance to flaunt her ego.
yahoo
@ZephyrChimera
Cragdust looked over the 'Hunting Harpoon' with mild intrest. "I see." he muttered, examining the pulsing electric core set into the side of the weapon. "You from th' lightning territories? Ya sure look th' part." he inquired, raising one of his armored claws in a questioning gesture. "An' with that hunting gadget I wouldn' be s'prised if I wasn' too far off." he wasn't usually one for technology, sticking mainly to more traditional methods, namely claws and jaws.
@ZephyrChimera
Cragdust looked over the 'Hunting Harpoon' with mild intrest. "I see." he muttered, examining the pulsing electric core set into the side of the weapon. "You from th' lightning territories? Ya sure look th' part." he inquired, raising one of his armored claws in a questioning gesture. "An' with that hunting gadget I wouldn' be s'prised if I wasn' too far off." he wasn't usually one for technology, sticking mainly to more traditional methods, namely claws and jaws.
7zcCDc4.png
@Kutiepie119

“That’s right! The one and only, Indra! From the Highlands, at your service.”

It was written all over her appearance. The cloak unique to the desert dwellers, wiring and lightning cores bolted to her outfit. This Ridgeback screamed Lightning Flight. The Ridgeback hummed, spinning the harpoon and clicking it on a belt around her waist. With Indra carrying all sorts of gadgets on her at all times, she held many pockets and clip-ons.

“Wandered here cause all the meat went north.” The Ridgeback explained, her spines fluttering. She wasn’t a meat eater herself. But she got tired of the carnivores of her clan groaning about having to eat bones and scraps for a third day in a row.
@Kutiepie119

“That’s right! The one and only, Indra! From the Highlands, at your service.”

It was written all over her appearance. The cloak unique to the desert dwellers, wiring and lightning cores bolted to her outfit. This Ridgeback screamed Lightning Flight. The Ridgeback hummed, spinning the harpoon and clicking it on a belt around her waist. With Indra carrying all sorts of gadgets on her at all times, she held many pockets and clip-ons.

“Wandered here cause all the meat went north.” The Ridgeback explained, her spines fluttering. She wasn’t a meat eater herself. But she got tired of the carnivores of her clan groaning about having to eat bones and scraps for a third day in a row.
yahoo
1 2