Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sunparched Hunt (Jump-in RP/Open!)
1 2
@ZephyrChimera
"Hmh. Well, welcome t' th' Plateau then." Cragdust greeted, holding out a hand.
"T'hname's Cragdust. I'm onna regular huntin' trip to git some grub of choice for me daughter an' I. We don' got any other carnivores in our dinky lair." he explained, gesturing with a wing.
"Deer's all yours. We can always catch some fish if we ain't lucky on the hunt."
@ZephyrChimera
"Hmh. Well, welcome t' th' Plateau then." Cragdust greeted, holding out a hand.
"T'hname's Cragdust. I'm onna regular huntin' trip to git some grub of choice for me daughter an' I. We don' got any other carnivores in our dinky lair." he explained, gesturing with a wing.
"Deer's all yours. We can always catch some fish if we ain't lucky on the hunt."
7zcCDc4.png
(Imma just slip right in, also you don't need to ping me, I'm subbed :D
Also, I'm assuming we're somewhere along the border of windswept and ashfall?)
@Kutipie119 @ZyphyrChimera

Meanwhile, high in the skies and away from view flew two dragons, a fae female and an adolescent tundra male. Both were fairly dishevaled in appearance, with the fae's robes having obvious frays in the fabrick as well as a few missing buttons and buckles.

The tundra wasn't in much better condition, with his fur toussled and matted in a manner that was very obviously uncomfortable and his scarf barely hanging loosely from his shoulders.

The two were visibly exausted. Their breaths were labored and their wings stuttered as they flew.

"Do you think we're far enough yet?" asked the tundra, voice soft enough that the fae barely heard it over the wind.

"I think so," she replied. "Let's get a little lower, see if there's anywhere safe to land." As she said this she began to drift downwards, the tundra following suit.

Soon enough, both were below the cloudline and had a clear view of the ground beneath them. For the most part, all the two could see were trees, trees, and more trees. The two searched for a clearer spot to land, but it didn't seem like one was gonna show up.

"What's that?" the tundra spoke up. When the fae looked, the tundra pointed to a particular spot in the trees, where a flash of metal had caught his eye. The fae watched the spot closely before reaching into one of her many pockets and pulling out a spy glass. She watched for a moment more before speaking.

"Dragons" she said.

"Oh, do you think we should go talk to them? Maybe they know where we are?" the tundra replied.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," the fae said. "Those dragons are armed from the looks of it. They could be dangerous. Let's keep an eye on them for a little longer before we get to close."

The tundra didn't seem to like this answer, frowning and looking to where he last saw the strangers.

"Well, can we at least land somewhere? My wings are tired."

The fae contemplated this for a moment before responding.

"I suppose, but we have to keep our distance for now." Looking around, she searched for a suitable place to land, but was met with the same problem as before. "It looks like we're gonna have to land in the trees. Try not to make too much noise if you can."

The two dropped even lower, making sure to keep their distance from the dragons they spotted earlier, eventually reaching the treeline. The fae had no problem, landing on a small branch near the top proving no issue with her small size. The tundra was a different story, however. His size made it harder for him to maneuver his way through the trees. This, combined with his clumbsy flight skills caused him to make quite the ruckus as he landed, eventually stubmling to the ground.

"Are you alright?" the fae asked in a hushed voice, having lept down after him. After the tundra confirmed his wellbeing the fae began to berate him. "I thought I told you to be quiet!" she hissed, smacking him atop his head, though considerig her fists were the size of peach, it wasnt really that effective.

"I tried, okay?" said the tundra in an equally hushed voice, pawing at where the fae had struck him even though it didn't hurt.

"Well get over here," she said, leading him to a spot of thick underbrush. "With all that noise you made we'll be lucky if every dragon in the region hasn't heard us!" she hissed once more before making sure that the tundra and herself were well hidden. "Now no more talking." she said.

"Well at least we aren't in the air anymore."

"Shhh!"
(Imma just slip right in, also you don't need to ping me, I'm subbed :D
Also, I'm assuming we're somewhere along the border of windswept and ashfall?)
@Kutipie119 @ZyphyrChimera

Meanwhile, high in the skies and away from view flew two dragons, a fae female and an adolescent tundra male. Both were fairly dishevaled in appearance, with the fae's robes having obvious frays in the fabrick as well as a few missing buttons and buckles.

The tundra wasn't in much better condition, with his fur toussled and matted in a manner that was very obviously uncomfortable and his scarf barely hanging loosely from his shoulders.

The two were visibly exausted. Their breaths were labored and their wings stuttered as they flew.

"Do you think we're far enough yet?" asked the tundra, voice soft enough that the fae barely heard it over the wind.

"I think so," she replied. "Let's get a little lower, see if there's anywhere safe to land." As she said this she began to drift downwards, the tundra following suit.

Soon enough, both were below the cloudline and had a clear view of the ground beneath them. For the most part, all the two could see were trees, trees, and more trees. The two searched for a clearer spot to land, but it didn't seem like one was gonna show up.

"What's that?" the tundra spoke up. When the fae looked, the tundra pointed to a particular spot in the trees, where a flash of metal had caught his eye. The fae watched the spot closely before reaching into one of her many pockets and pulling out a spy glass. She watched for a moment more before speaking.

"Dragons" she said.

"Oh, do you think we should go talk to them? Maybe they know where we are?" the tundra replied.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," the fae said. "Those dragons are armed from the looks of it. They could be dangerous. Let's keep an eye on them for a little longer before we get to close."

The tundra didn't seem to like this answer, frowning and looking to where he last saw the strangers.

"Well, can we at least land somewhere? My wings are tired."

The fae contemplated this for a moment before responding.

"I suppose, but we have to keep our distance for now." Looking around, she searched for a suitable place to land, but was met with the same problem as before. "It looks like we're gonna have to land in the trees. Try not to make too much noise if you can."

The two dropped even lower, making sure to keep their distance from the dragons they spotted earlier, eventually reaching the treeline. The fae had no problem, landing on a small branch near the top proving no issue with her small size. The tundra was a different story, however. His size made it harder for him to maneuver his way through the trees. This, combined with his clumbsy flight skills caused him to make quite the ruckus as he landed, eventually stubmling to the ground.

"Are you alright?" the fae asked in a hushed voice, having lept down after him. After the tundra confirmed his wellbeing the fae began to berate him. "I thought I told you to be quiet!" she hissed, smacking him atop his head, though considerig her fists were the size of peach, it wasnt really that effective.

"I tried, okay?" said the tundra in an equally hushed voice, pawing at where the fae had struck him even though it didn't hurt.

"Well get over here," she said, leading him to a spot of thick underbrush. "With all that noise you made we'll be lucky if every dragon in the region hasn't heard us!" she hissed once more before making sure that the tundra and herself were well hidden. "Now no more talking." she said.

"Well at least we aren't in the air anymore."

"Shhh!"
FR +2
@ZephyrChimera
Cragdust perked up suddenly, hearing a noise in the nearby bushes. He raised a claw to his lips in a shushing motion, silently turning his head toward the nearby shrubbery.
He took a pace closer, his fins tense and pricked. His armor made a soft metallic clank with every step he took as he closed in on the undergrowth. Slowly, surely, he raised a hand to pull apart the branches of the bush...
@ZephyrChimera
Cragdust perked up suddenly, hearing a noise in the nearby bushes. He raised a claw to his lips in a shushing motion, silently turning his head toward the nearby shrubbery.
He took a pace closer, his fins tense and pricked. His armor made a soft metallic clank with every step he took as he closed in on the undergrowth. Slowly, surely, he raised a hand to pull apart the branches of the bush...
7zcCDc4.png
1 2