Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (Colisseum) it CAN'T just be me, right
1 2 3 4
The dodging mechanic has been a point of frustration for players since the site launched. XD The forum thread history on Coli dodging is rich in salt and discussion.

It's one of those mechanics that just feels bad, because there's no way for the player to play around it - no strategy that can give the player agency over it. It just happens on the whims of RNG, and there's nothing you can do. No matter how well your team has been doing in their chain of battles, you can instantly lose a fight at no fault of your own, due to unfair chain dodging from the computer controlled enemies.

It's like the CPU going roleplayer godmode and saying "... and then I dodge all three of your dragons and my team smacks them all with critical hits, I win!"

X'D
The dodging mechanic has been a point of frustration for players since the site launched. XD The forum thread history on Coli dodging is rich in salt and discussion.

It's one of those mechanics that just feels bad, because there's no way for the player to play around it - no strategy that can give the player agency over it. It just happens on the whims of RNG, and there's nothing you can do. No matter how well your team has been doing in their chain of battles, you can instantly lose a fight at no fault of your own, due to unfair chain dodging from the computer controlled enemies.

It's like the CPU going roleplayer godmode and saying "... and then I dodge all three of your dragons and my team smacks them all with critical hits, I win!"

X'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
if there are 1,000,000 AGI haters i am one of them. if there are 1,000 AGI haters i am one of them. if there is 1 AGI hater it is me. and if there are 0 AGI haters it means i am no longer alive
if there are 1,000,000 AGI haters i am one of them. if there are 1,000 AGI haters i am one of them. if there is 1 AGI hater it is me. and if there are 0 AGI haters it means i am no longer alive
rLM2h8D.png
i. actually had NO idea if this was a common complaint or anything since i haven't been here that long, so it's kinda validating to hear this is something a lot of folks seem to dislike too eheh

also omg spamton g spamton...........
i. actually had NO idea if this was a common complaint or anything since i haven't been here that long, so it's kinda validating to hear this is something a lot of folks seem to dislike too eheh

also omg spamton g spamton...........
9UH8qm7.png ___25,
they/them,
space alien

___
_._
_ fLdYOuE.png
HxL61bT.png
_ tyEuRXe.png
ar6gtVv.png
_ w9bDUNq.png
oNrZjs5.png

_ aLfu5UL.png _ FObX7rS.png _ IEAdiPZ.png
_ Qf7biHq.png
Definitely not just you. In fact, I believe the staff, either this year or last, apologised for the frustration and reduced the agility stat of all coliseum mobs-- albeit, not entirely. I think there's a rework planned for the future but don't quote me on that, I'm not entirely sure.
Definitely not just you. In fact, I believe the staff, either this year or last, apologised for the frustration and reduced the agility stat of all coliseum mobs-- albeit, not entirely. I think there's a rework planned for the future but don't quote me on that, I'm not entirely sure.
fruityfresh%20by%20underscum.png
@ofMontreal oh, no kidding???? that's awesome actually!

.....though if they've already adjusted the agility stat of all mobs, i shudder to think about what they must've been like before oh MAN.
@ofMontreal oh, no kidding???? that's awesome actually!

.....though if they've already adjusted the agility stat of all mobs, i shudder to think about what they must've been like before oh MAN.
9UH8qm7.png ___25,
they/them,
space alien

___
_._
_ fLdYOuE.png
HxL61bT.png
_ tyEuRXe.png
ar6gtVv.png
_ w9bDUNq.png
oNrZjs5.png

_ aLfu5UL.png _ FObX7rS.png _ IEAdiPZ.png
_ Qf7biHq.png
One dodge is annoying, sure, but it's such a minor interruption even if you have to restart, so I've never really understood the extreme dodge hate. More than one in a row is genuinely frustrating, I'll admit.
One dodge is annoying, sure, but it's such a minor interruption even if you have to restart, so I've never really understood the extreme dodge hate. More than one in a row is genuinely frustrating, I'll admit.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
[quote name="WolfTears" date="2023-06-12 22:45:29" ] When it's in lower venues I barely even notice, but when you get to the top level venues... Missing and dodging means life and death. Can't count how many times I've had full energy/breath and miss eliminate three times in a row and then get pummeled by physical attacking enemies before I can get my breath back up to use eliminate again. [/quote] Now that there's an achievement for that it'll probably never happen again
WolfTears wrote on 2023-06-12 22:45:29:
When it's in lower venues I barely even notice, but when you get to the top level venues... Missing and dodging means life and death. Can't count how many times I've had full energy/breath and miss eliminate three times in a row and then get pummeled by physical attacking enemies before I can get my breath back up to use eliminate again.

Now that there's an achievement for that it'll probably never happen again
[quote name="SighFi" date="2023-06-12 20:50:55" ] [center]okok so this is a VERY silly thing to get irritated by and i know full well it's kind of irrational on my part but. does anyone else just [i]hate[/i] the "dodging" mechanic of coli....... it feels like it hardly ever works with my dragons (iirc the agi stat doesn't work properly? idk if it was ever changed), and enemies dodge ALL the time. not only that, but when they do that obnoxious little slide/hop out of the way [i]right at the last second before an attack that uses up all your breath would hit[/i]........ it makes me so unreasonably mad grrrr [emoji=aether angry size=1] [emoji=aether angry size=1] [emoji=aether angry size=1] the fact that there's an achievement now for your attacks missing three times in a row........ do you think this is funny. why must you laugh at my misery /lh [/quote] The agi stat does work properly, it just doesn't work how most people think it does. If you hover over the stat, it has a tooltip - agi affects your chance to dodge or crit, it does [i]not[/i] affect your chance of hitting. Some time ago that was floated as a change to make to agi, but fell by the wayside as the more important refactors took over.
Quote:
okok so this is a VERY silly thing to get irritated by and i know full well it's kind of irrational on my part but. does anyone else just hate the "dodging" mechanic of coli.......

it feels like it hardly ever works with my dragons (iirc the agi stat doesn't work properly? idk if it was ever changed), and enemies dodge ALL the time. not only that, but when they do that obnoxious little slide/hop out of the way right at the last second before an attack that uses up all your breath would hit........ it makes me so unreasonably mad grrrr

the fact that there's an achievement now for your attacks missing three times in a row........ do you think this is funny. why must you laugh at my misery /lh

The agi stat does work properly, it just doesn't work how most people think it does. If you hover over the stat, it has a tooltip - agi affects your chance to dodge or crit, it does not affect your chance of hitting.

Some time ago that was floated as a change to make to agi, but fell by the wayside as the more important refactors took over.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I only just learned about the level achievements from this thread and now I dread having to deal with dodging all over again ;; I've already levelled 12 dragons up to 25, game, come on OTL

but!! keeping a dragon's lore in mind makes situations like these goofy in an I'm-about-to-lose-my-mind way (mostly exaggerating). why is the fluffball who wouldn't know how to fight if someone threw a Coli 101 book at his head landing his hits more often than the war veteran? who taught y'all to fight so poorly? why do you insist on embarrassing your mother in front of a horde of enemies? these're questions science has yet to answer
I only just learned about the level achievements from this thread and now I dread having to deal with dodging all over again ;; I've already levelled 12 dragons up to 25, game, come on OTL

but!! keeping a dragon's lore in mind makes situations like these goofy in an I'm-about-to-lose-my-mind way (mostly exaggerating). why is the fluffball who wouldn't know how to fight if someone threw a Coli 101 book at his head landing his hits more often than the war veteran? who taught y'all to fight so poorly? why do you insist on embarrassing your mother in front of a horde of enemies? these're questions science has yet to answer
I read every reply I get, but I may not respond due to anxiety or forgetfulness. please bear with me!
WI1HIHE.gif
I have a fruitful career of salt with the amount of dodges throughout the years LOL
I guess it just depends on the rng.

Where I struggled the most was for the level 1 achievements, I don't think I've ever had such bad luck before. Enemies dodged my attacks and kept attacking with critical hits :'(

But I succeeded it in the end, the challenge was still fun!
I have a fruitful career of salt with the amount of dodges throughout the years LOL
I guess it just depends on the rng.

Where I struggled the most was for the level 1 achievements, I don't think I've ever had such bad luck before. Enemies dodged my attacks and kept attacking with critical hits :'(

But I succeeded it in the end, the challenge was still fun!
1 2 3 4