Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | new show/movie suggestions?
1 2
Seconding Renfield. Such a great movie. Nicholas Cage is actually really great in it. Everyone is, really.
Seconding Renfield. Such a great movie. Nicholas Cage is actually really great in it. Everyone is, really.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
@LouckyKoneko

Slayers is nonironically one of my favorite series ever - one of the few I own physical copies of the entirety of. Good rec 9/10
@LouckyKoneko

Slayers is nonironically one of my favorite series ever - one of the few I own physical copies of the entirety of. Good rec 9/10
THE LAST OF US THE LAST OF US
i am so so excited and also scared for season 2. the second game was such a wild ride, so seeing it translated to the screen is gonna be even more wild.

also, if robots and shows that were definitely made for kids are your thing.... literally any Transformers show.
but Transformers: Prime is definitely the best. the characters are all so well written and loveable, and its just... i cant explain it. just go watch it. /nf
THE LAST OF US THE LAST OF US
i am so so excited and also scared for season 2. the second game was such a wild ride, so seeing it translated to the screen is gonna be even more wild.

also, if robots and shows that were definitely made for kids are your thing.... literally any Transformers show.
but Transformers: Prime is definitely the best. the characters are all so well written and loveable, and its just... i cant explain it. just go watch it. /nf
eESLWsA.gif finn + blurr | he/they/it | 15
neurodivergent (please use tonetags!)
i'll make this look nicer eventually.
it's a zero, NOT an O!
hatchery
art shop
skin shop
wishlist
ezgif-4-9f981b15fe.gif
[quote name="Vermochroto" date="2023-05-29 20:31:37" ] The animated show Primal! It's about the journey of a cave man and a dinosaur. [/quote] this show is friggin amazing!!
Vermochroto wrote on 2023-05-29 20:31:37:
The animated show Primal!

It's about the journey of a cave man and a dinosaur.

this show is friggin amazing!!

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
[quote name="SkykidNadir" date="2023-05-27 22:21:19" ] I'm currently watching Spring Baking Championship; it's the perfect cheesy cooking show and I'm enjoying it! Some general recommendations... I already saw Legend of Vox Machina suggested. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is one of my favorites; I can watch it over and over again. It's also one of the few animes where the dub is just as good as the sub! I also loved Ranking of Kings, Steven Universe, and Our Flag Means Death! [/quote] I had forgotten all about our flag means death! Putting in on my list for sure
SkykidNadir wrote on 2023-05-27 22:21:19:
I'm currently watching Spring Baking Championship; it's the perfect cheesy cooking show and I'm enjoying it!

Some general recommendations... I already saw Legend of Vox Machina suggested. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is one of my favorites; I can watch it over and over again. It's also one of the few animes where the dub is just as good as the sub!

I also loved Ranking of Kings, Steven Universe, and Our Flag Means Death!

I had forgotten all about our flag means death! Putting in on my list for sure

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
[quote name="inhumanelm" date="2023-05-26 17:57:45" ] Sandman. It's really easy to binge. [/quote] my dad was really into this show for a week straight like its all he talked about show wise. it is on my watch list but its good to see it actually recommended cuz some of the shows on my list end up just being eh
inhumanelm wrote on 2023-05-26 17:57:45:
Sandman. It's really easy to binge.

my dad was really into this show for a week straight like its all he talked about show wise. it is on my watch list but its good to see it actually recommended cuz some of the shows on my list end up just being eh

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
[quote name="alicent" date="2023-05-28 01:47:28" ] I've been watching Yellowjackets, and really enjoying it. Revolves around a girls soccer team whose plane crashes in the wilderness and they have to survive a year and half before getting rescued. A big part of it is that they turn to cannibalism and occultism to survive and as adults 20 years later, they have to confront that fact. It's kind of amazing watching a show and realising it's almost exclusively women onscreen having conversations, making impactful choices, being messy and weird and dark. Also onscreen lesbians are always a win. I would recommend it if you enjoy horror, complicated traumatised women, and aren't easily grossed out! [/quote] i gotta be in the mood for gore horror but if its got lesbians I'm game!
alicent wrote on 2023-05-28 01:47:28:
I've been watching Yellowjackets, and really enjoying it. Revolves around a girls soccer team whose plane crashes in the wilderness and they have to survive a year and half before getting rescued. A big part of it is that they turn to cannibalism and occultism to survive and as adults 20 years later, they have to confront that fact.

It's kind of amazing watching a show and realising it's almost exclusively women onscreen having conversations, making impactful choices, being messy and weird and dark. Also onscreen lesbians are always a win.

I would recommend it if you enjoy horror, complicated traumatised women, and aren't easily grossed out!

i gotta be in the mood for gore horror but if its got lesbians I'm game!

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
[quote name="Vardia" date="2023-05-29 20:52:41" ] Seconding Renfield. Such a great movie. Nicholas Cage is actually really great in it. Everyone is, really. [/quote] [quote name="Mutation" date="2023-05-29 07:45:11" ] I watched Renfield (2023) with my bestie early this month, and it was delightful! Highly recommend if you like Dracula properties and horror-comedy! [/quote] two people suggested this one I'm definitely gonna have to add it!
Vardia wrote on 2023-05-29 20:52:41:
Mutation wrote on 2023-05-29 07:45:11:
I watched Renfield (2023) with my bestie early this month, and it was delightful! Highly recommend if you like Dracula properties and horror-comedy!

two people suggested this one I'm definitely gonna have to add it!

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
1 2