Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Charity raffles?
Dipping my toes back into the forums for the first time in a while to see if anyone can help me find out about any charity raffles that might be going on soon? I remember these sorts of events--where massive mega-raffles with all sorts of glamorous prizes were used to support real-life charities like FreeRice--used to be a big thing on here, but I also know the main user who used to organize them has since left the site. :( I tried poking around the forums myself for a bit just now, hoping that there might be something going on in the run-up to the site's 10th anniversary (!!!) but sadly couldn't find anything. [b]THE REASON I'M ASKING[/b] is because I (an old-as-dirt user myself) happen to have a spare [emoji=light rune size=1][b]Light Sprite[/b][emoji=light rune size=1] familiar: [img]https://i.imgur.com/d7ySRXL.png[/img] ...and no faith in my own ability to run a raffle of the appropriate scale. I simply don't have the experience or the time, considering how much attention a free Light Sprite is likely to draw. Hence, I'd like to donate it to someone who can do some actual good with it. And if charity raffles [i]aren't[/i] an option, does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with the extra Light Sprite? If not in time for the 10th anniversary, maybe at least the 10th Brightshine Jubilee? ~ P.S. - I had a grand image in my head of equipping it to a thematically-matching Imp baby, but the deadline sorta snuck up on me before I was quite ready to complete the breeding project: [img]https://i.imgur.com/YjI3bff.png[/img] I suppose there's technically still time to hatch the baby, since I have the parents with the colors I wanted... but I don't have the gems on hand for all the necessary genes. So on the off chance the Sprite [i]does[/i] make its way to a raffle/giveaway, and anyone was interested in making this matching hatchling a reality, that [i]could[/i] still happen, but I'll need some help lol
Dipping my toes back into the forums for the first time in a while to see if anyone can help me find out about any charity raffles that might be going on soon?

I remember these sorts of events--where massive mega-raffles with all sorts of glamorous prizes were used to support real-life charities like FreeRice--used to be a big thing on here, but I also know the main user who used to organize them has since left the site. :( I tried poking around the forums myself for a bit just now, hoping that there might be something going on in the run-up to the site's 10th anniversary (!!!) but sadly couldn't find anything.

THE REASON I'M ASKING is because I (an old-as-dirt user myself) happen to have a spare Light Sprite familiar:
d7ySRXL.png
...and no faith in my own ability to run a raffle of the appropriate scale. I simply don't have the experience or the time, considering how much attention a free Light Sprite is likely to draw.

Hence, I'd like to donate it to someone who can do some actual good with it.

And if charity raffles aren't an option, does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with the extra Light Sprite? If not in time for the 10th anniversary, maybe at least the 10th Brightshine Jubilee?

~

P.S. - I had a grand image in my head of equipping it to a thematically-matching Imp baby, but the deadline sorta snuck up on me before I was quite ready to complete the breeding project:
YjI3bff.png
I suppose there's technically still time to hatch the baby, since I have the parents with the colors I wanted... but I don't have the gems on hand for all the necessary genes. So on the off chance the Sprite does make its way to a raffle/giveaway, and anyone was interested in making this matching hatchling a reality, that could still happen, but I'll need some help lol
@Alba
If you do trust me, I could add it to my raffle for players to partcipate in, my main goal for the raffle is to get money to upgrade my lair slots, gene my dragons and give the extras away to those who need space in their lair too.
Here's a link to my raffle: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3239411
@Alba
If you do trust me, I could add it to my raffle for players to partcipate in, my main goal for the raffle is to get money to upgrade my lair slots, gene my dragons and give the extras away to those who need space in their lair too.
Here's a link to my raffle: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3239411
Wishlist

YS27B.gif
Before you even begin planning this sort of thing I suggest submitting an inquiry via Contact Us to make sure this is even within Flight Rising ToS anymore.
Before you even begin planning this sort of thing I suggest submitting an inquiry via Contact Us to make sure this is even within Flight Rising ToS anymore.
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
@Alba I recall there being a kerfuffle a few years back with charity raffles not being allowed via the ToS, since real-life money was being collected - so unfortunately, it may not be allowed anymore. As Mechonis stated, it may be a good idea to contact staff and see if they'll give you a direct answer!

That said, if a raffle does happen, I would love a ping for a chance to throw my hat in the ring.
@Alba I recall there being a kerfuffle a few years back with charity raffles not being allowed via the ToS, since real-life money was being collected - so unfortunately, it may not be allowed anymore. As Mechonis stated, it may be a good idea to contact staff and see if they'll give you a direct answer!

That said, if a raffle does happen, I would love a ping for a chance to throw my hat in the ring.
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
@Alba Definitely contact Staff about this via the Contact Us form (and before you donate it to another player - you are better off trusting a friend or a close one with it)
@Alba Definitely contact Staff about this via the Contact Us form (and before you donate it to another player - you are better off trusting a friend or a close one with it)
79026279_w2VMGEmYzwnnL1n.png
Thanks for the responses, everyone

The concern is appreciated, but I definitely know better than to let anyone else hold the Sprite for me (I was planning on keeping it until a winner was decided).

And @DeathSpecter sorry I guess I was unclear what I meant by the Imp baby: I wanted to have a matching dragon to GO WITH the Sprite as a bundled raffle prize. I never wanted it for myself. Again, I'm an old user who's been here since 2013, so I do know how the familiar mechanics work. ;P

I sort of had the impression before I even asked that this sort of raffle might be banned nowadays, and these responses just about confirm it. Sad to hear, because those FreeRice (etc) events were really popular and I think they did a lot of good.

Darn. I was really looking forward to "giving back" to the community in this way.

For the record, I'm not interested in donating the Sprite to any personal raffles--the proceeds would have to go toward more than just a single person. I guess I'll give it some more thought as I decide what to do with it.
Thanks for the responses, everyone

The concern is appreciated, but I definitely know better than to let anyone else hold the Sprite for me (I was planning on keeping it until a winner was decided).

And @DeathSpecter sorry I guess I was unclear what I meant by the Imp baby: I wanted to have a matching dragon to GO WITH the Sprite as a bundled raffle prize. I never wanted it for myself. Again, I'm an old user who's been here since 2013, so I do know how the familiar mechanics work. ;P

I sort of had the impression before I even asked that this sort of raffle might be banned nowadays, and these responses just about confirm it. Sad to hear, because those FreeRice (etc) events were really popular and I think they did a lot of good.

Darn. I was really looking forward to "giving back" to the community in this way.

For the record, I'm not interested in donating the Sprite to any personal raffles--the proceeds would have to go toward more than just a single person. I guess I'll give it some more thought as I decide what to do with it.