Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Who else is an "early FR" player?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I am not sure if I count but I joined the welcome week roght before the first notn. It happened to overlap with my birthday so I thought it fate. Made people really excited to give me way too many newbie freebies.
I am not sure if I count but I joined the welcome week roght before the first notn. It happened to overlap with my birthday so I thought it fate. Made people really excited to give me way too many newbie freebies.
lik2pA1X.jpg
I joined the month that FR opened, but bizarrely enough don't think of myself as an old player, even though I guess I am! I'm always wishing I'd joined a week or two earlier or even supported the Kickstarter. Those are the players I think of as old! (Can confirm the same thing happens IRL as you get older too...)
I joined the month that FR opened, but bizarrely enough don't think of myself as an old player, even though I guess I am! I'm always wishing I'd joined a week or two earlier or even supported the Kickstarter. Those are the players I think of as old! (Can confirm the same thing happens IRL as you get older too...)
Oldie here - 5 digit id - joined April 2014 (so happy when I finally got in the window)
Still active daily, bit of a forum lurker, definite impulse buyer. I started in Arcane because of the coincidence between my user name and the Starfall Isles (not the other way around) :D

I was so happy when the Hib Den came into being, I'm up to 500 now, keeping them all fed would have been a nightmare! I spent so much treasure to get those 185 slots in my main lair, I'm using 130 now, the other 370 are hibernating. I still get excited about new projects, and at least have the space to do so.
My biggest gripe is food and not getting those Sprites when they were reasonable ^^

I love this game, it's great that so many are still around and playing!

Oldie here - 5 digit id - joined April 2014 (so happy when I finally got in the window)
Still active daily, bit of a forum lurker, definite impulse buyer. I started in Arcane because of the coincidence between my user name and the Starfall Isles (not the other way around) :D

I was so happy when the Hib Den came into being, I'm up to 500 now, keeping them all fed would have been a nightmare! I spent so much treasure to get those 185 slots in my main lair, I'm using 130 now, the other 370 are hibernating. I still get excited about new projects, and at least have the space to do so.
My biggest gripe is food and not getting those Sprites when they were reasonable ^^

I love this game, it's great that so many are still around and playing!

she/her they/them etpLjGc.gifqTNOOYr.gifdagsvSj.gifqTNOOYr.gifsnXFO8n.gif
June 10 2013 here!
I never had a full on hiatus but there were many times I just logged in to do dailies (familiars, gather items, Pinkerton, and now Fiona) then left after browsing the forums if I even did that.
I get excited on something, then burn out after a while, so often I'd get into Shadow Dom and burn out on it, or spend weeks on the fairgrounds (Jigsaw in the OG days, then Artifracture when it came out, and finally Mistral Mahjong) and burn out. Longest I spent on something before burning out was a player-made Coli challenge (99 drop challenge) where I spent over a year on it before burning out around Waterway?
I miss the forum activity but I am a active lurker on the Shadow Flight discord and used to be in the Shadow Dom discord (really huge and hyper active discords freak me out, being why I left Shadow Dom- nothing against them, just flared my anxiety and ocd on constantly seeing that the server had new messages to read lol)
June 10 2013 here!
I never had a full on hiatus but there were many times I just logged in to do dailies (familiars, gather items, Pinkerton, and now Fiona) then left after browsing the forums if I even did that.
I get excited on something, then burn out after a while, so often I'd get into Shadow Dom and burn out on it, or spend weeks on the fairgrounds (Jigsaw in the OG days, then Artifracture when it came out, and finally Mistral Mahjong) and burn out. Longest I spent on something before burning out was a player-made Coli challenge (99 drop challenge) where I spent over a year on it before burning out around Waterway?
I miss the forum activity but I am a active lurker on the Shadow Flight discord and used to be in the Shadow Dom discord (really huge and hyper active discords freak me out, being why I left Shadow Dom- nothing against them, just flared my anxiety and ocd on constantly seeing that the server had new messages to read lol)
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
I joined FR during the first lightning fest! 5-digit ID, with 6-digit progens. I only wish I'd joined a month earlier so I could've snagged that light sprite. I've played pretty consistently except for a period of a year or two where I took a break.

I used to be a lot more active in the forums pre-break, and I used to be active in dominance battles as well, but I've kinda chilled on that. I still breed pairs that I think are fun and take on gene projects on a whim, but most of my FR time is spent grinding the coli for junk and bonding with my many, many familiars. I'm just now getting into custom skins/accents, so I'll be trying to collect some of those.
I joined FR during the first lightning fest! 5-digit ID, with 6-digit progens. I only wish I'd joined a month earlier so I could've snagged that light sprite. I've played pretty consistently except for a period of a year or two where I took a break.

I used to be a lot more active in the forums pre-break, and I used to be active in dominance battles as well, but I've kinda chilled on that. I still breed pairs that I think are fun and take on gene projects on a whim, but most of my FR time is spent grinding the coli for junk and bonding with my many, many familiars. I'm just now getting into custom skins/accents, so I'll be trying to collect some of those.
Leu | She/Her | FR+3
15587.png7695.png34822.png25781.png34786.png16453.png
5-digit player, here.
I started in September 2013. This means my 10-year anniversary will come up soon-ish. Damn, that is a surprise. Sadly, I missed the Light Sprite which is impossible to get now.

I only have breaks when I am in places without internet (grandparents) and for the two months I was ill.

I am a solo player though.
Once quite active with Water Dominance pushes but having the time with work is a bit hard.

I love how big FR has become.
5-digit player, here.
I started in September 2013. This means my 10-year anniversary will come up soon-ish. Damn, that is a surprise. Sadly, I missed the Light Sprite which is impossible to get now.

I only have breaks when I am in places without internet (grandparents) and for the two months I was ill.

I am a solo player though.
Once quite active with Water Dominance pushes but having the time with work is a bit hard.

I love how big FR has become.
I miss welcome weeks.
I miss welcome weeks.
I've been playing since Oct 2013. I've taken a few breaks here and there, not usually for long, but I've been pretty consistently active throughout. I do lurk a lot though and just go about collecting my familiars and event items.
I've been playing since Oct 2013. I've taken a few breaks here and there, not usually for long, but I've been pretty consistently active throughout. I do lurk a lot though and just go about collecting my familiars and event items.
⁜tumblr_inline_ouqpdrcHmm1r2ao8y_540.png2HL2oNl.png puLeaDq.png 1QgVVA1.png tumblr_inline_ouqpdrX4gg1r2ao8y_540.png⁜
I remember finding FR from Undel's art, going from art books to website to FR, and being super disappointed that I couldn't sign up! I think I must've been one of the last of the welcome week peeps since this was April 2015 and I definitely don't think I'm that old, but it seems that the bar for that has shifted in the last few years :P I see people who joined with KS/2013/2014 as old so yeah.

I was just a "gotta tend to my silly pixel dragons" person for a long time before I really dug myself deep into the RP hole and got super active on-site for that reason (see post count haha, there was a moment where I thought I'd hit 10k in a few years!). I think this persisted for a few years, then I slowly shifted those activities off-site and went back to tending to dragons and doing little else. For a few years I only came online to feed dragons and maintain in-flight banks.

Now I think I'm in a third chapter where I'm getting better at grinding fodder and actually earn money. Just got my first few sprites a month or two back (LONG OVERDUE) and I'm getting ready for the long grind to get the whole set.

(KS stuff might genuinely be out of reach at this point but maybe possibly one day?)
I remember finding FR from Undel's art, going from art books to website to FR, and being super disappointed that I couldn't sign up! I think I must've been one of the last of the welcome week peeps since this was April 2015 and I definitely don't think I'm that old, but it seems that the bar for that has shifted in the last few years :P I see people who joined with KS/2013/2014 as old so yeah.

I was just a "gotta tend to my silly pixel dragons" person for a long time before I really dug myself deep into the RP hole and got super active on-site for that reason (see post count haha, there was a moment where I thought I'd hit 10k in a few years!). I think this persisted for a few years, then I slowly shifted those activities off-site and went back to tending to dragons and doing little else. For a few years I only came online to feed dragons and maintain in-flight banks.

Now I think I'm in a third chapter where I'm getting better at grinding fodder and actually earn money. Just got my first few sprites a month or two back (LONG OVERDUE) and I'm getting ready for the long grind to get the whole set.

(KS stuff might genuinely be out of reach at this point but maybe possibly one day?)
bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png Barracuda
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
OL: 04:00~19:00
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
I've been here since Oct. 2013, never stopped playing, but not nearly as active as I used to be. I used to be a huge trainer/exalter and loved the big dom fights that I hardly see anymore. I think that's the biggest thing I miss. When two flights battled it out for dom, hiring mercs, people losing sleep on both of the fighting flights, seeing the board flip back and forth.
I've been here since Oct. 2013, never stopped playing, but not nearly as active as I used to be. I used to be a huge trainer/exalter and loved the big dom fights that I hardly see anymore. I think that's the biggest thing I miss. When two flights battled it out for dom, hiring mercs, people losing sleep on both of the fighting flights, seeing the board flip back and forth.
9PW8odu.jpg
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14