Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone have any ambient desktop games?
1 2
Hi! I've noticed that during Zoom meetings for work that I don't actually have to pay attention all the time. AAAND, I haven't been watching as much TV or Youtube lately. I'm interested in very low effort games that are more relaxing than like win/lose.

Anyone have any suggestions? Cost isn't really an issue, but it does have to be able to be played on any OS.

Thank you (if anyone has any suggestions for me).
Hi! I've noticed that during Zoom meetings for work that I don't actually have to pay attention all the time. AAAND, I haven't been watching as much TV or Youtube lately. I'm interested in very low effort games that are more relaxing than like win/lose.

Anyone have any suggestions? Cost isn't really an issue, but it does have to be able to be played on any OS.

Thank you (if anyone has any suggestions for me).
its not really a game but an evolution simulator, the bibites, its very interesting to watch them evolve and adapt to their environment and stuff. not sure you could look at it actively though. a lot of the time its just dudes moving around and eating random pellets. still pretty cool though
its not really a game but an evolution simulator, the bibites, its very interesting to watch them evolve and adapt to their environment and stuff. not sure you could look at it actively though. a lot of the time its just dudes moving around and eating random pellets. still pretty cool though
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@PixelSpiral, omg thank you!! This game looks very cute. I can't believe it's free.
@PixelSpiral, omg thank you!! This game looks very cute. I can't believe it's free.
@liteweaver

have you tried cookie clicker? it runs in the background without having to play and basically cookies are currency and the goal is to make as many as possible. sounds like just another dumb clicker game right? wrong. i fell down the cookie clicker hole and played religiously for three months straight. there's a stock market, a farm, spells you can cast, and deities you can worship. all of these things help bring in more cookies. and once you've hit an astronomically high amount of cookies, you get to start over with new perks. the more cookies you had in your past gameplay, the more perk points you get. it sounds simple but there is so much you can do, and you can just keep it running in the background and you'll forever keep getting cookies as long as the tab is open. it's not everyone's cup of tea but definitely worth looking at! hope that you find some good games!
@liteweaver

have you tried cookie clicker? it runs in the background without having to play and basically cookies are currency and the goal is to make as many as possible. sounds like just another dumb clicker game right? wrong. i fell down the cookie clicker hole and played religiously for three months straight. there's a stock market, a farm, spells you can cast, and deities you can worship. all of these things help bring in more cookies. and once you've hit an astronomically high amount of cookies, you get to start over with new perks. the more cookies you had in your past gameplay, the more perk points you get. it sounds simple but there is so much you can do, and you can just keep it running in the background and you'll forever keep getting cookies as long as the tab is open. it's not everyone's cup of tea but definitely worth looking at! hope that you find some good games!
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
I recommend a little town building game called Dorfromantik! It's a tile placement game where you slowly build the board/town one piece at a time. It's super cute and relaxing, and game time can be as long as you want it to be :)
I recommend a little town building game called Dorfromantik! It's a tile placement game where you slowly build the board/town one piece at a time. It's super cute and relaxing, and game time can be as long as you want it to be :)
kiKtBfq.png
There was suggestion about Cookie Clicker, and I have game with similar goal - Leaf Blower Rewolution! It doesn't need your full attention at all, maybe from time to time. Just blowing leaves from your game window and earn money, slowly upgrading all the stuff!
Probably Forager will fit, but I dunno 'cause of the state of the game itself, it's your choice to try anyway! Not very big game itself, you're just gathering every little thing from your island where you first spawn and expanding your land, buying new islands and sometimes even clear dungeons! (it's really short description cause I can't even figure out how to write it properly, but I hope it will be enough for you!)
There was suggestion about Cookie Clicker, and I have game with similar goal - Leaf Blower Rewolution! It doesn't need your full attention at all, maybe from time to time. Just blowing leaves from your game window and earn money, slowly upgrading all the stuff!
Probably Forager will fit, but I dunno 'cause of the state of the game itself, it's your choice to try anyway! Not very big game itself, you're just gathering every little thing from your island where you first spawn and expanding your land, buying new islands and sometimes even clear dungeons! (it's really short description cause I can't even figure out how to write it properly, but I hope it will be enough for you!)
VMwt1Rp.png
Hello-hello! Hope y'all save and sound tonight!
GLMwkdE.png
tyEuRXe.png
LCqISMP.png
rI18gRz.png
Feel free to ask me anything you wanna know! I can't promise to answer ASAP, but I'll try to do so!
loimysO.png
4ogWlJU.png
P1rk5do.png
EBelcIh.png
I remember back during Zoom classes I used to play a lot of Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing, interesting enough to not bore you, but simple enough you can still focus on what is going on with the meeting!
I remember back during Zoom classes I used to play a lot of Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing, interesting enough to not bore you, but simple enough you can still focus on what is going on with the meeting!
bulbasaur.gifivysaur.gifvenusaur-f.gif

knives || it/he || art shop
@knify I think Stardew Valley is good as relaxing game only when you don't have any big goal in it - like, have a Greenhouse in first year, dear lord - but I'm totally agree as someone who played in it more than 300+ hours, it's really restful!
@knify I think Stardew Valley is good as relaxing game only when you don't have any big goal in it - like, have a Greenhouse in first year, dear lord - but I'm totally agree as someone who played in it more than 300+ hours, it's really restful!
VMwt1Rp.png
Hello-hello! Hope y'all save and sound tonight!
GLMwkdE.png
tyEuRXe.png
LCqISMP.png
rI18gRz.png
Feel free to ask me anything you wanna know! I can't promise to answer ASAP, but I'll try to do so!
loimysO.png
4ogWlJU.png
P1rk5do.png
EBelcIh.png
ClanGen! it's a warrior cats fan game in which you run a clan. very simple, and it's constantly being worked on and developed.
ClanGen! it's a warrior cats fan game in which you run a clan. very simple, and it's constantly being worked on and developed.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
[quote name="MeteoriteRain" date="2023-05-06 20:50:26" ] There was suggestion about Cookie Clicker, and I have game with similar goal - Leaf Blower Rewolution! It doesn't need your full attention at all, maybe from time to time. Just blowing leaves from your game window and earn money, slowly upgrading all the stuff! [/quote] @MeteoriteRain omg yes I second this!! Leaf blower revolution is so fun. I don't play it much but my brother played it so much for months. Very similar to cookie clicker and definitely a game you don't have to pay too much attention to ^.^
MeteoriteRain wrote on 2023-05-06 20:50:26:
@MeteoriteRain

omg yes I second this!! Leaf blower revolution is so fun. I don't play it much but my brother played it so much for months. Very similar to cookie clicker and definitely a game you don't have to pay too much attention to ^.^
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
1 2