Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Fire Emblem/Smash Fandragon Advice
Hi there! I just returned to FR after a long hiatus (like 6 years lol) and decided I wanted to make a fandragon for one of my favorite characters, Ike! [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/4/41/460px-Ike_SSB4.png/revision/latest?cb=20160420215725[/img] But before I start trying to get this dragon, I need to figure out what it should look like. I'd like some advice since I'm not sure the best direction to go. I've scried some concepts below. [morphology=3429875] [morphology=3429893] [morphology=3430282] I think guardian works best, it gives that physical power vibe. Though I've also considered Wildclaw and Ridgeback. Plus I like that guardian as a common breed fits with Ike's commoner origins. And water eyes, either bright or unusual to match his eye color My biggest issue is the color combo. I know I want the primary to be a blue (probably cobalt or blue specifically), but I'm split on the others. I could do a blue again for secondary and then a red for tertiary, with the body being his armor/clothes, the wings being his hair, and the tertiary as his cape. Or I could do a red for secondary and a green (pics have avocado, but I think shamrock/emerald might work better) for tertiary, so that the wings would be the cape and the tertiary his headband, while the body is either his hair or armor As for the genes- I know the wings will have stripes, since it works well no matter what. With the red, it gives the tattered edge of his cape, and with the blue it gives the hair style. If I choose a red tertiary, I need to give a cape feeling, which I think underbelly does well enough. With a green, I tried both contour and lace to give the long flowing feel of his headband. I think I like lace more, but a second opinion would be nice. I've tried a couple different things for the primary pattern. In the first one, I went with ground to try giving a similar look to his hair, but I'm not sure how well it works. Unfortunately, tiger looks really different than its pair pattern stripes, so I can't use it to try mimicking his hairstyle like I can with stripes. For the second and third, I went with metallic, but with vastly different blues. The second is closer to his hair and the darker blue clothes he wears, while the last scry is a lighter stonewash to give a more typical armor feeling. On a side note, I'm also planning a fandragon for Soren. [morphology=3430052] I'm pretty confident this is what I'm aiming for. eldritch petal/eldtrich current/carmine runes. Eldritch works perfectly since Soren has a lot of greenish blacks/blacksih greens. I chose petal since they give somewhat similar vibes to the green detailing on his robe. Current feels like it fits his hair very well. And carmine runes to accentuate his branded mark on his forehead. Imp as the breed since its a more regal breed, showing Soren's heritage. And pastel plague eyes to match his own (I'm also considering wind since he has a lot of connection to wind magic)
Hi there!

I just returned to FR after a long hiatus (like 6 years lol) and decided I wanted to make a fandragon for one of my favorite characters, Ike!

[img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/4/41/460px-Ike_SSB4.png/revision/latest?cb=20160420215725[/img]

But before I start trying to get this dragon, I need to figure out what it should look like. I'd like some advice since I'm not sure the best direction to go. I've scried some concepts below.

Ike concept 1

Not Found

Not Found

I think guardian works best, it gives that physical power vibe. Though I've also considered Wildclaw and Ridgeback. Plus I like that guardian as a common breed fits with Ike's commoner origins. And water eyes, either bright or unusual to match his eye color

My biggest issue is the color combo. I know I want the primary to be a blue (probably cobalt or blue specifically), but I'm split on the others.

I could do a blue again for secondary and then a red for tertiary, with the body being his armor/clothes, the wings being his hair, and the tertiary as his cape.

Or I could do a red for secondary and a green (pics have avocado, but I think shamrock/emerald might work better) for tertiary, so that the wings would be the cape and the tertiary his headband, while the body is either his hair or armor

As for the genes- I know the wings will have stripes, since it works well no matter what. With the red, it gives the tattered edge of his cape, and with the blue it gives the hair style.

If I choose a red tertiary, I need to give a cape feeling, which I think underbelly does well enough. With a green, I tried both contour and lace to give the long flowing feel of his headband. I think I like lace more, but a second opinion would be nice.

I've tried a couple different things for the primary pattern. In the first one, I went with ground to try giving a similar look to his hair, but I'm not sure how well it works. Unfortunately, tiger looks really different than its pair pattern stripes, so I can't use it to try mimicking his hairstyle like I can with stripes. For the second and third, I went with metallic, but with vastly different blues. The second is closer to his hair and the darker blue clothes he wears, while the last scry is a lighter stonewash to give a more typical armor feeling.

On a side note, I'm also planning a fandragon for Soren.

Soren concept 3

I'm pretty confident this is what I'm aiming for. eldritch petal/eldtrich current/carmine runes. Eldritch works perfectly since Soren has a lot of greenish blacks/blacksih greens. I chose petal since they give somewhat similar vibes to the green detailing on his robe. Current feels like it fits his hair very well. And carmine runes to accentuate his branded mark on his forehead. Imp as the breed since its a more regal breed, showing Soren's heritage. And pastel plague eyes to match his own (I'm also considering wind since he has a lot of connection to wind magic)
Y5AUp2a.gif
@firephoenix912 Hey, Welcome back! Took my own swing on making Ike, regarding color wise I went with Rust/Saffron/Cobalt. The apparel lays much better on the female guardian than the male. Hope this helps [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3432735&skin=0&apparel=1552,9823,12267,3681,9827,13800,27204,13787,13851,15306,18789,20568,26885&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=2223069]
@firephoenix912 Hey, Welcome back! Took my own swing on making Ike, regarding color wise I went with Rust/Saffron/Cobalt. The apparel lays much better on the female guardian than the male. Hope this helps

scry?sdid=3432735&skin=0&apparel=1552,9823,12267,3681,9827,13800,27204,13787,13851,15306,18789,20568,26885&xt=dressing.png

Radiant Hero
lillipup.gif
@Lillipups

Oh wow that looks amazing! Thanks so much, this is really helpful with my plans. Especially the outfit, I'd forgotten those were a thing even lol
@Lillipups

Oh wow that looks amazing! Thanks so much, this is really helpful with my plans. Especially the outfit, I'd forgotten those were a thing even lol
Y5AUp2a.gif