Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Association Thought Experiment
1 2
For me it's Mom on the right and dad on the left. My right hand is a lot more stronger, balanced and controlled as opposed to my left hand. Which is just. There.

A bit fitting for how I see my parents! My mom's always been strong despite us going through a lot of hardships, she's the rock and I really admire and respect her for that. I hope I can have at least an ounce of the strength that she has.
For me it's Mom on the right and dad on the left. My right hand is a lot more stronger, balanced and controlled as opposed to my left hand. Which is just. There.

A bit fitting for how I see my parents! My mom's always been strong despite us going through a lot of hardships, she's the rock and I really admire and respect her for that. I hope I can have at least an ounce of the strength that she has.
I associate my dad on the left, and my mum on the right. Partly this is due to the left-brain right-brain thing; both of my parents are really creative, both would be "left-brain" people, but my mum has had more of a structured, professional career throughout her life while my dad has been kind of all over the place.

Ironically my mum was actually born left-handed and then forced to write with her right when she was little. If I was to associate both of my parents with one or the other, I'd say they're both left, but if I have to choose one for each, then it's dad left, mum right.
I associate my dad on the left, and my mum on the right. Partly this is due to the left-brain right-brain thing; both of my parents are really creative, both would be "left-brain" people, but my mum has had more of a structured, professional career throughout her life while my dad has been kind of all over the place.

Ironically my mum was actually born left-handed and then forced to write with her right when she was little. If I was to associate both of my parents with one or the other, I'd say they're both left, but if I have to choose one for each, then it's dad left, mum right.

Al1BEGR.png
nWiQNX9.png
rix3ppo.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
jt3PpxV.png
I associate my father with left and my mother with right. I think this is only because when I visualize the two standing side by side I see my father standing on the left and my mother on the right :0 But when I speak of them I say 'Mom and Dad' not 'Dad and Mom,' which would then place my mother on the left and my father on the right visually? Not sure if this makes sense, but I believe it's because I am used to reading left to right? Also my father is taller than my mother, and I visualize things descending from left to right more than I do right to left? Very fun to think about
I associate my father with left and my mother with right. I think this is only because when I visualize the two standing side by side I see my father standing on the left and my mother on the right :0 But when I speak of them I say 'Mom and Dad' not 'Dad and Mom,' which would then place my mother on the left and my father on the right visually? Not sure if this makes sense, but I believe it's because I am used to reading left to right? Also my father is taller than my mother, and I visualize things descending from left to right more than I do right to left? Very fun to think about
kiKtBfq.png
[quote name="Gosuto" date="2023-04-11 21:48:16" ] For me it's Mom on the right and dad on the left. My right hand is a lot more stronger, balanced and controlled as opposed to my left hand. Which is just. There. [/quote] this but remove the dad being there part
Gosuto wrote on 2023-04-11 21:48:16:
this but remove the dad being there part
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
father left, mother right

in my case it's because of the whole 'left brain = smarts right brain = creativity' thing

my dad is very much like a computer guy, literally his job is coding and programming, whereas my mom is a cook and an artist and stuff like that

also my dad is left handed and my mom is right handed, although I didn't think of that at first so I don't think that's the real reason! (fun fact, when I was a kid I thought all women were right handed and all men were left handed based on the sample size of me, my mom, my brother, and my dad)
father left, mother right

in my case it's because of the whole 'left brain = smarts right brain = creativity' thing

my dad is very much like a computer guy, literally his job is coding and programming, whereas my mom is a cook and an artist and stuff like that

also my dad is left handed and my mom is right handed, although I didn't think of that at first so I don't think that's the real reason! (fun fact, when I was a kid I thought all women were right handed and all men were left handed based on the sample size of me, my mom, my brother, and my dad)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
1 2