Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art Shop Pricing Help
After chilling with my art shop a bit, and getting more comfortable with my style as it is, I'm really wondering if my prices are a bit too low. Don't get me wrong, I still want to be on the more cheap side, but I feel like my prices as they are are just the tiniest bit... way too cheap.
And so I came to here!
Please feel free to throw whatever suggestions you have for pricing my way, since the ones I have now are kinda crusty, and I'm just kinda meh on how they are rn

Current Prices
Clean/Shaded
Most recent example = 500 gems/500kt

Rough/Shaded
Most recent example = 200 gems/200kt

Clean/Shaded
Most recent example = 150 gems/150kt

(More examples here)
After chilling with my art shop a bit, and getting more comfortable with my style as it is, I'm really wondering if my prices are a bit too low. Don't get me wrong, I still want to be on the more cheap side, but I feel like my prices as they are are just the tiniest bit... way too cheap.
And so I came to here!
Please feel free to throw whatever suggestions you have for pricing my way, since the ones I have now are kinda crusty, and I'm just kinda meh on how they are rn

Current Prices
Clean/Shaded
Most recent example = 500 gems/500kt

Rough/Shaded
Most recent example = 200 gems/200kt

Clean/Shaded
Most recent example = 150 gems/150kt

(More examples here)
pK3keHh.png

Hello! I'm Tuna, or Suns
any pronouns | +2 FR time
~> toyhouse
_______
I am forgetful, so reminders are great.
I'd agree you're lowballing. But a good rule of thumb is you shouldn't have people swarming you for commissions. You should have lots of bites, sure, (I had to lower my prices several times because I was getting NO bites hahaa and I'm still not) but if you find slots are filling fast, in my opinion at least, you should increase your prices. I also see lots of art in your shop that looks like a lot of work. You might want to consider adding (upfront and transparent) fees for extra detailed drawings, like this: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1063328646875594792/1066928071749419151/Untitled167_2.png[/img] What your prices will ultimately settle on unfortunately always depends on who is willing to buy them at their price. But wow! This is definitely more than 1.50 dollars of work. Take this advice with a grain of salt, because I'm really struggling to sell my commissions! But I've been in your shoes. If you look far back enough, you can see forum posts from my first art shops where I was completely swarmed and not being paid enough for my work. Good luck!
I'd agree you're lowballing. But a good rule of thumb is you shouldn't have people swarming you for commissions. You should have lots of bites, sure, (I had to lower my prices several times because I was getting NO bites hahaa and I'm still not) but if you find slots are filling fast, in my opinion at least, you should increase your prices. I also see lots of art in your shop that looks like a lot of work. You might want to consider adding (upfront and transparent) fees for extra detailed drawings, like this:
Untitled167_2.png
What your prices will ultimately settle on unfortunately always depends on who is willing to buy them at their price. But wow! This is definitely more than 1.50 dollars of work.

Take this advice with a grain of salt, because I'm really struggling to sell my commissions! But I've been in your shoes. If you look far back enough, you can see forum posts from my first art shops where I was completely swarmed and not being paid enough for my work.

Good luck!
arcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.pngSgonDOb.pngarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.png
@Vamonkea
Thank you for the input! I definitely think I'll add some extra upfront fees for complexity, again thanks! :D
@Vamonkea
Thank you for the input! I definitely think I'll add some extra upfront fees for complexity, again thanks! :D
pK3keHh.png

Hello! I'm Tuna, or Suns
any pronouns | +2 FR time
~> toyhouse
_______
I am forgetful, so reminders are great.