Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Sub Species Lore (please, send help)
I have been trying to think of some lore for a Sub Species I have in the works...
The sub species are named Patina, and my basic idea so far is this:

"The first Patina was born from an Obelisk statue made by the Earthshaker. The statue had copper wings which oxidized and turned green."

I have not made a sub species before, so I am not sure what to add. If anyone else wants to make suggestions I would love to hear them.

@Hellan, you asked for a ping if I made a brain storm thread...
I have been trying to think of some lore for a Sub Species I have in the works...
The sub species are named Patina, and my basic idea so far is this:

"The first Patina was born from an Obelisk statue made by the Earthshaker. The statue had copper wings which oxidized and turned green."

I have not made a sub species before, so I am not sure what to add. If anyone else wants to make suggestions I would love to hear them.

@Hellan, you asked for a ping if I made a brain storm thread...
tastefulmarketing.gif
The genes and some examples below: [center][size=5][u]Possible Genes[/u][/size] [b][u]________[color=maroon]Primary[/color]________[/u][/b] [center]Color: Orca, Platinum, Silver, Dust Gene: Ground, Ripple, Speckle [b][u]_______[color=maroon]Secondary[/color]_______[/u][/b] [center]Color: Spruce, copper, bronze Genes: Blend, Spinner [b][u]________[color=maroon]Tertiary[/color]________[/u][/b] [center]Colors: Flint, Charcoal, Coal Genes: Flecks, Koi, Peacock, Soap [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=4&bodygene=5&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=24&winggene=42&wings=100&auth=26d9d75261bce5932d9ade6c223964281bdd4fc2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ripple | blend | peacock [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=4&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=105&winggene=16&wings=100&auth=4a3eddbe67b6e640122ee77cb4cb8e5b40e268fb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ground | spinner | soap
The genes and some examples below:
Possible Genes

________Primary________
Color: Orca, Platinum, Silver, Dust
Gene: Ground, Ripple, Speckle

_______Secondary_______
Color: Spruce, copper, bronze
Genes: Blend, Spinner

________Tertiary________
Colors: Flint, Charcoal, Coal
Genes: Flecks, Koi, Peacock, Soap

dragon?age=1&body=4&bodygene=5&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=24&winggene=42&wings=100&auth=26d9d75261bce5932d9ade6c223964281bdd4fc2&dummyext=prev.png
ripple | blend | peacock

dragon?age=1&body=4&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=105&winggene=16&wings=100&auth=4a3eddbe67b6e640122ee77cb4cb8e5b40e268fb&dummyext=prev.png
ground | spinner | soap
tastefulmarketing.gif
@Aeraetreae

Hey!! Thanks a lot for the ping! (my week has been crazy busy sorry for the delay)

About the subspecies idea...I will join in the brainstorm by asking some questions!

Are the statues' descendants wings also oxidized? If so, how does that affects their flight?

@Aeraetreae

Hey!! Thanks a lot for the ping! (my week has been crazy busy sorry for the delay)

About the subspecies idea...I will join in the brainstorm by asking some questions!

Are the statues' descendants wings also oxidized? If so, how does that affects their flight?

encyclopediaterraria__signatur_by_irrwahn-da2495e.pngHareicon.png
@Hellan

I imagined the offspring will have copper wings that oxidize, too. Now, as for being able to fly? Hmm...

My guess is the copper would be too heavy to fly, since it is rather dense, and heavy.

Although, I am now thinking some regarding electricity could be in the lore, since copper has high electrical conductivity...

Or, perhaps the Earthshaker collaborated with Flamecaller to cast the copper wings? Hmm...
@Hellan

I imagined the offspring will have copper wings that oxidize, too. Now, as for being able to fly? Hmm...

My guess is the copper would be too heavy to fly, since it is rather dense, and heavy.

Although, I am now thinking some regarding electricity could be in the lore, since copper has high electrical conductivity...

Or, perhaps the Earthshaker collaborated with Flamecaller to cast the copper wings? Hmm...
tastefulmarketing.gif
I have been messing around with Bing's AI Chat to help the ideas flow...

and it seems to think the dragon should want to collect shiny objects such as copper and bronze...

Hmm?

Perhaps the Patina admire shininess, and are trying to find items that resembled their wings before they oxidized?
I have been messing around with Bing's AI Chat to help the ideas flow...

and it seems to think the dragon should want to collect shiny objects such as copper and bronze...

Hmm?

Perhaps the Patina admire shininess, and are trying to find items that resembled their wings before they oxidized?
tastefulmarketing.gif
Another idea from AI chat bot, which is interesting...

the Patina could communicate non-verbally by passing electrical currents through their wings

Hmm?

Does this fit? This sounds more like a lightning flight thing though...
Another idea from AI chat bot, which is interesting...

the Patina could communicate non-verbally by passing electrical currents through their wings

Hmm?

Does this fit? This sounds more like a lightning flight thing though...
tastefulmarketing.gif
Drawing some inspiration from the Statue of Liberty here but...
While in the process of creating the statue, it occurred to the Earthshaker that gifting this statue to the Stormcatcher might temper the unstable relations left in the wake of the Stormcatcher's brisk departure so long ago (I am referring to the bit in Epilogue: Flight Rising in which the Stormcatcher departs the Pillar).

Copper, he decided, would fill the spaces he had left for the wings. Metal wings would not be capable of flight, but how else would he incorporate the copper? If only he could pour the copper over the wings...

That was meant to be a summary, oops–

What i meant was since the Statue of Liberty was a gift, maybe the Patina was a gift from Earth to Lightning? That would make for a cool Earth & Lightning flight subspecies, but it's up to you of course lol
Drawing some inspiration from the Statue of Liberty here but...
While in the process of creating the statue, it occurred to the Earthshaker that gifting this statue to the Stormcatcher might temper the unstable relations left in the wake of the Stormcatcher's brisk departure so long ago (I am referring to the bit in Epilogue: Flight Rising in which the Stormcatcher departs the Pillar).

Copper, he decided, would fill the spaces he had left for the wings. Metal wings would not be capable of flight, but how else would he incorporate the copper? If only he could pour the copper over the wings...

That was meant to be a summary, oops–

What i meant was since the Statue of Liberty was a gift, maybe the Patina was a gift from Earth to Lightning? That would make for a cool Earth & Lightning flight subspecies, but it's up to you of course lol
Looking for a White/Silver/Brick G1 with Ice eyes!!!!!
also looking for a Platinum/Dust/Caribbean G1 with Plague eyes
In chronic need of food. Always.
Doing some art for food >w>
@Potatoad Thanks for the idea. If I incorporate that into the lore, I will let you know. [emoji=obelisk winking size=2]
@Potatoad
Thanks for the idea.
If I incorporate that into the lore, I will let you know.
tastefulmarketing.gif