Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Synergy (1x1)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Fannar chuckled and shook his head gently. "Ah, unfortunately, my commander isn't usually one to fight, even when he feels it's merited. For something as unnecessary as whatever grudge he's holding against your general, he'll probably just wait it out," he hummed, his eyes still bright despite the topic of their conversation. "I do think, though, that organizing the mock battles will be good for them. They can get some frustration out without hurting each other," he chuckled.

He nodded understandingly at Willheim's words, offering them a small smile. "That can definitely be arranged. I'll speak to our healer about setting up a space the mirror and your healer can share as soon as possible. I would hate to make her uncomfortable while it's so important for her to rest."

-

Poseidon chuckled at Igris's question, his tension fading briefly for a beat as his tail swished. "Yes, he did win, but he got scolded by Hades, from what I heard," he mused, amusement in his tone. "Ah, Hades is one of our soldiers, for context; he's one of those dragons who's nice to everybody he meets, even when they probably deserve to be yelled at. If you need help finding him, I'm sure you could get one of the other dragons to help you. Ares is very loud, thankfully, so he isn't hard to track down."

Once again, though, Poseidon found he couldn't ignore Jahir's infuriating presence forever. Of course, when he was trying to have a nice conversation with the other clan's healer, the haughty imperial just had to butt in, didn't he? "Oh, maybe the fact that we're supposed to be organizing clan matters, perhaps? Or did you already forget about that?" he hissed, more hostility in his tone than he'd usually ever care to show around his clanmates.

He seemed to realize how he was acting within a few moments after he spoke, and he sighed and moved to put more space between him and the imperial. "Not physically," he frowned, glaring at the general out of the corner of his eye briefly. "He decided he was going to have a problem with me, so now we do."

"Don't worry about it," he hummed to Ludwig, offering him a quick strained smile. "The rest of his clan has been quite pleasant, even if he seems to struggle with decency."
Fannar chuckled and shook his head gently. "Ah, unfortunately, my commander isn't usually one to fight, even when he feels it's merited. For something as unnecessary as whatever grudge he's holding against your general, he'll probably just wait it out," he hummed, his eyes still bright despite the topic of their conversation. "I do think, though, that organizing the mock battles will be good for them. They can get some frustration out without hurting each other," he chuckled.

He nodded understandingly at Willheim's words, offering them a small smile. "That can definitely be arranged. I'll speak to our healer about setting up a space the mirror and your healer can share as soon as possible. I would hate to make her uncomfortable while it's so important for her to rest."

-

Poseidon chuckled at Igris's question, his tension fading briefly for a beat as his tail swished. "Yes, he did win, but he got scolded by Hades, from what I heard," he mused, amusement in his tone. "Ah, Hades is one of our soldiers, for context; he's one of those dragons who's nice to everybody he meets, even when they probably deserve to be yelled at. If you need help finding him, I'm sure you could get one of the other dragons to help you. Ares is very loud, thankfully, so he isn't hard to track down."

Once again, though, Poseidon found he couldn't ignore Jahir's infuriating presence forever. Of course, when he was trying to have a nice conversation with the other clan's healer, the haughty imperial just had to butt in, didn't he? "Oh, maybe the fact that we're supposed to be organizing clan matters, perhaps? Or did you already forget about that?" he hissed, more hostility in his tone than he'd usually ever care to show around his clanmates.

He seemed to realize how he was acting within a few moments after he spoke, and he sighed and moved to put more space between him and the imperial. "Not physically," he frowned, glaring at the general out of the corner of his eye briefly. "He decided he was going to have a problem with me, so now we do."

"Don't worry about it," he hummed to Ludwig, offering him a quick strained smile. "The rest of his clan has been quite pleasant, even if he seems to struggle with decency."
he / him | 18 | +2 fr time | collector of pretty dragons haha transcatcher.png
"Should I give them a nudge?" Iefyr asked with a tilt of his head, with all four eyes still locked on Rahe, even if his tail had since found its way across that of Hades. He felt an impulse to shelter the timid dragon, regardless of the size difference between them.

"Do not," Willheim was the one to intervene here. "Rahe's approach may make things worse, we don't know how the rest of the clan will react to their conflict. Let them focus on their mock wars... Fannar is right about that, they should settle down given some time."

"I like the idea," Rahe contested, perhaps just to tease his partner for a moment. He turned to Fannar all the same and greeted the dragon with a beaming, but warm smile. "Thank you. We hope to learn what happened to her. Given how close she was found to your territory, it may be in your interest that we do, too. It would be good to know if there's danger skulking about. It would be wise to warn your guards now that I think about it."

-

Laughter was an unexpected reaction, but the healer matched it in kind. He was rather familiar with the type, having matching sorts in his own clan, but that made it all the more worrying. What if the dragon was too stubborn to seek aid from his clanmates? "I'll search for him right after we get this young lady settled somewhere dry. Since Ludwig's so kindly made an effort, we mean to carry her to his den."

"I can carry her," Ludwig offered in a hurry. "I, uhm- not that you can't but she's... large, I'd probably have an easier time." He was not massive for a guardian himself but then, he was young and still growing, while the mirror in question was larger than any he'd seen. She made Ares look like a hatchling! It didn't seem like the kind of dragon Igris could carry with ease, and in hindsight, it didn't feel like one that would be taken down with ease. "...Was she attacked?"

"It looks like it," Igris sighed, "those scars are deep and while I could heal her wounds, she'll need time to regain her strength and rest. In that time, please be careful. I know she looks like the victim now but it's just as likely that she was the one attacking another dragon; I won't advocate for harsh treatment but I also wouldn't leave her unsupervised until we hear her story. Every fight has a minimum of two sides, yes?" He looked kindly upon the guardian's kind intentions, but still narrowed his eyes when he heard the other two bicker.

"You were the one who delayed us instead of leading us to Iefyr," Jahir protested, with his mane bristling from nose to tail tip. He looked stunned to have this situation blamed on him of all people, yet quieted almost immediately when another pearlcatcher spoke up. This time, it was Igris that intervened.

"If you two are going to bicker, please do that elsewhere. I have a dragon recovering here, and many young ones still watching from afar - have some dignity." Huffing, the robed figure glanced back at Poseidon, then shifted his pearl from one set of claws to another. "You should want to set an example for your clan as much as he should for his; please resolve this elsewhere."

Ludwig frowned all the while, apparently unhappy with this manner of resolution. He didn't see why his Commander would have to be chided this way when the imperial was clearly being rude, but neither did he want to perpetuate the argument here. "Um," he cleared his throat, "how about I show you to my den, so we can get the mirror out of the rain... and they can... work?" He tried to return Poseidon's smile, but couldn't hide that bit of worry from his eyes. He really hoped that the General wouldn't actually cause problems, he looked far larger than his foster parent!
"Should I give them a nudge?" Iefyr asked with a tilt of his head, with all four eyes still locked on Rahe, even if his tail had since found its way across that of Hades. He felt an impulse to shelter the timid dragon, regardless of the size difference between them.

"Do not," Willheim was the one to intervene here. "Rahe's approach may make things worse, we don't know how the rest of the clan will react to their conflict. Let them focus on their mock wars... Fannar is right about that, they should settle down given some time."

"I like the idea," Rahe contested, perhaps just to tease his partner for a moment. He turned to Fannar all the same and greeted the dragon with a beaming, but warm smile. "Thank you. We hope to learn what happened to her. Given how close she was found to your territory, it may be in your interest that we do, too. It would be good to know if there's danger skulking about. It would be wise to warn your guards now that I think about it."

-

Laughter was an unexpected reaction, but the healer matched it in kind. He was rather familiar with the type, having matching sorts in his own clan, but that made it all the more worrying. What if the dragon was too stubborn to seek aid from his clanmates? "I'll search for him right after we get this young lady settled somewhere dry. Since Ludwig's so kindly made an effort, we mean to carry her to his den."

"I can carry her," Ludwig offered in a hurry. "I, uhm- not that you can't but she's... large, I'd probably have an easier time." He was not massive for a guardian himself but then, he was young and still growing, while the mirror in question was larger than any he'd seen. She made Ares look like a hatchling! It didn't seem like the kind of dragon Igris could carry with ease, and in hindsight, it didn't feel like one that would be taken down with ease. "...Was she attacked?"

"It looks like it," Igris sighed, "those scars are deep and while I could heal her wounds, she'll need time to regain her strength and rest. In that time, please be careful. I know she looks like the victim now but it's just as likely that she was the one attacking another dragon; I won't advocate for harsh treatment but I also wouldn't leave her unsupervised until we hear her story. Every fight has a minimum of two sides, yes?" He looked kindly upon the guardian's kind intentions, but still narrowed his eyes when he heard the other two bicker.

"You were the one who delayed us instead of leading us to Iefyr," Jahir protested, with his mane bristling from nose to tail tip. He looked stunned to have this situation blamed on him of all people, yet quieted almost immediately when another pearlcatcher spoke up. This time, it was Igris that intervened.

"If you two are going to bicker, please do that elsewhere. I have a dragon recovering here, and many young ones still watching from afar - have some dignity." Huffing, the robed figure glanced back at Poseidon, then shifted his pearl from one set of claws to another. "You should want to set an example for your clan as much as he should for his; please resolve this elsewhere."

Ludwig frowned all the while, apparently unhappy with this manner of resolution. He didn't see why his Commander would have to be chided this way when the imperial was clearly being rude, but neither did he want to perpetuate the argument here. "Um," he cleared his throat, "how about I show you to my den, so we can get the mirror out of the rain... and they can... work?" He tried to return Poseidon's smile, but couldn't hide that bit of worry from his eyes. He really hoped that the General wouldn't actually cause problems, he looked far larger than his foster parent!
XC93sMs.png92n1dwB.png
mtHAEL4.png2KvS9Gb.png

YMPbu9R.png
Fannar nodded, his grin lessening but not fading entirely. He hadn't yet thought about what the injured mirror could mean for his clan... Perhaps the timing of finding out the existence of the other clan was more perfect than he'd realized initially. "Of course. I'll discuss it with my guards as soon as I see them," he hummed. "Hades, if you could help with rounding them up, that would be great; you see most of the other guards daily."

Hades, who had grown quite content just staying unnoticed behind Iefyr, startled slightly upon being addressed directly, but he nodded. "R-right, yeah, I'll talk to them," he muttered as he got himself more secure behind the mirror in front of him. He didn't seem to think about their difference in size at all, gratefully accepting the shelter despite towering over him.

The leader smiled and nodded once more, amusement flickering briefly in his eyes as he observed the pair. "Thank you." He turned his attention back onto Rahe and Willheim, his eyes still bright. "In the meantime, we'll be on alert. If you think of anything that any of my dragons can help you with, don't hesitate to let me know. We'll try to make your visit as smooth as we can."

-

Poseidon's tail flicked, just on the verge of lashing in response to the imperial's words. Who did he think he was, truly? Did he somehow feel justified in his rudeness to him when they had first met? The commander had no doubt that Jahir did, in fact, have no sense that he did anything wrong. Poseidon doubted he understood the concept of remorse entirely.

He had opened his mouth to shoot something far more reasonable back at him when the other pearlcatcher spoke, and Poseidon quickly stopped himself. Even though he didn't like the fact that he was called out rather than the stubborn imperial, he understood Igris's point, at least. He dipped his head gently, offering the healer his respect. "I apologize for the disturbance," he hummed, and when he lifted his gaze again, it fell on Ludwig.

He smiled, hoping to ease the worry in his eyes. In terms of his current situation with the general, he felt the worst about causing any of his clanmates to worry over him; the healer was right that he should be trying to be an example, even when he's forced to keep a constant annoyance with him. "That sounds like a great idea, Ludwig. Thank you for being so agreeable." He begrudgingly returned his attention to Jahir, the gentleness quickly falling from his expression. "I'll show you to my den," he said, his voice curt and completely lacking any semblance of warmth.

With that, he turned to pad off and away from the front of Fannar's cave, his tail flicking in his annoyance behind him. When he was far enough to not hit anybody or anything else, he took to the air, his pearl held close against his underbelly. He didn't even bother to glance back to see if the general was following.
Fannar nodded, his grin lessening but not fading entirely. He hadn't yet thought about what the injured mirror could mean for his clan... Perhaps the timing of finding out the existence of the other clan was more perfect than he'd realized initially. "Of course. I'll discuss it with my guards as soon as I see them," he hummed. "Hades, if you could help with rounding them up, that would be great; you see most of the other guards daily."

Hades, who had grown quite content just staying unnoticed behind Iefyr, startled slightly upon being addressed directly, but he nodded. "R-right, yeah, I'll talk to them," he muttered as he got himself more secure behind the mirror in front of him. He didn't seem to think about their difference in size at all, gratefully accepting the shelter despite towering over him.

The leader smiled and nodded once more, amusement flickering briefly in his eyes as he observed the pair. "Thank you." He turned his attention back onto Rahe and Willheim, his eyes still bright. "In the meantime, we'll be on alert. If you think of anything that any of my dragons can help you with, don't hesitate to let me know. We'll try to make your visit as smooth as we can."

-

Poseidon's tail flicked, just on the verge of lashing in response to the imperial's words. Who did he think he was, truly? Did he somehow feel justified in his rudeness to him when they had first met? The commander had no doubt that Jahir did, in fact, have no sense that he did anything wrong. Poseidon doubted he understood the concept of remorse entirely.

He had opened his mouth to shoot something far more reasonable back at him when the other pearlcatcher spoke, and Poseidon quickly stopped himself. Even though he didn't like the fact that he was called out rather than the stubborn imperial, he understood Igris's point, at least. He dipped his head gently, offering the healer his respect. "I apologize for the disturbance," he hummed, and when he lifted his gaze again, it fell on Ludwig.

He smiled, hoping to ease the worry in his eyes. In terms of his current situation with the general, he felt the worst about causing any of his clanmates to worry over him; the healer was right that he should be trying to be an example, even when he's forced to keep a constant annoyance with him. "That sounds like a great idea, Ludwig. Thank you for being so agreeable." He begrudgingly returned his attention to Jahir, the gentleness quickly falling from his expression. "I'll show you to my den," he said, his voice curt and completely lacking any semblance of warmth.

With that, he turned to pad off and away from the front of Fannar's cave, his tail flicking in his annoyance behind him. When he was far enough to not hit anybody or anything else, he took to the air, his pearl held close against his underbelly. He didn't even bother to glance back to see if the general was following.
"Then I will use this chance to tag along and inform them all of what I know as Willheim asked," Iefyr said, not yet having paid Hades a glance. He seemed content to serve as a wall between the guardian and other dragons, even if the sight seemed to highly amuse his leader. It didn't matter. This one helped him; why would he not do what little he could to ensure the dragon's comfort?

"Please do," said the fae, who soon landed upon Rahe's head to perch there. "We will offer aid to those who need it but it is better for us to mitigate problems than to have to solve them." Both of their clans looked prepared to deal with unruly intruders, but that was nothing Arsah's founder wanted to witness if they could help the same.

"I will speak with them," the mirror promised with a bow that got a chuckle out of his leader. Rahe didn't seem to value formalities much but rather urged the two dragons off with a nod. Content with those two being in a far better mood than he expected, Iefyr craned his neck around to look at Hades at last. "Would you like to lead the way?" he asked.

--

If Poseidon was the only one being chastised there, Jahir didn't seem to be gloating over the same. He looked rather discontent--no doubt sulking like a hatchling in the eyes of onlookers--but the healer's words did make him realise that he was being far too obvious with the fact he disliked the other dragon. It didn't matter whether that one was smug, opinionated, or blaming him for what was clearly not his fault, he concluded that he ought to have still managed some propriety. At the very least, they should appear unified for the benefit of both clans, no matter what their opinion of each other might be.

Of course, when he breathed out his frustrations and stood anew, it might've likewise seemed like relief over someone else getting chided. "I'm sorry," he huffed, "and the guardian's correct, you should get her out of the rain quickly. I would like a word with her when she wakes."

"If I deem her stable enough for it," the healer replied as if, indeed, he had the authority to deny such a request. Whether or not that was true, the imperial bowed his head briefly in passing and, for better or worse, only shot a brief glare at Poseidon in passing. That one had to have the last word, didn't he? Perhaps he ought to have figured the same when dealign with a pearlcatcher, Igris seemed to share the trait now that he reflected on the other dragon too.

Ludwig perked up when addressed by the former, then swished his tail so that it might brush past Poseidon's in what he hoped would be a reassuring gesture. "I can come by later if you need any help with, um... whatever you were tasked with," he grinned sheepishly, "if not, I'll just keep helping with the mirror."

"You have kind hatchlings here," Igris noted with a soft laugh.

"I-I'm not a hatchling!" called the young guardian, evidently flustered by the teasing. He was happy to help with the mirror anyhow, seeking to gently lift her so that she could be carried upon his back.

It was a scene far merrier than what Poseidon was left with, which was a silent, large figure stalking behind him without so much as a word further. At most, there was an occasional branch that got caught on Jahir's antlers when he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, but the rustling of leaves was a better alternative to bickering. Alas, he couldn't quite stay silent either.

"We found that mirror near your territory," he reluctantly began, "and it's clear now that your clan isn't responsible. Do you have any ideas who might be?"
"Then I will use this chance to tag along and inform them all of what I know as Willheim asked," Iefyr said, not yet having paid Hades a glance. He seemed content to serve as a wall between the guardian and other dragons, even if the sight seemed to highly amuse his leader. It didn't matter. This one helped him; why would he not do what little he could to ensure the dragon's comfort?

"Please do," said the fae, who soon landed upon Rahe's head to perch there. "We will offer aid to those who need it but it is better for us to mitigate problems than to have to solve them." Both of their clans looked prepared to deal with unruly intruders, but that was nothing Arsah's founder wanted to witness if they could help the same.

"I will speak with them," the mirror promised with a bow that got a chuckle out of his leader. Rahe didn't seem to value formalities much but rather urged the two dragons off with a nod. Content with those two being in a far better mood than he expected, Iefyr craned his neck around to look at Hades at last. "Would you like to lead the way?" he asked.

--

If Poseidon was the only one being chastised there, Jahir didn't seem to be gloating over the same. He looked rather discontent--no doubt sulking like a hatchling in the eyes of onlookers--but the healer's words did make him realise that he was being far too obvious with the fact he disliked the other dragon. It didn't matter whether that one was smug, opinionated, or blaming him for what was clearly not his fault, he concluded that he ought to have still managed some propriety. At the very least, they should appear unified for the benefit of both clans, no matter what their opinion of each other might be.

Of course, when he breathed out his frustrations and stood anew, it might've likewise seemed like relief over someone else getting chided. "I'm sorry," he huffed, "and the guardian's correct, you should get her out of the rain quickly. I would like a word with her when she wakes."

"If I deem her stable enough for it," the healer replied as if, indeed, he had the authority to deny such a request. Whether or not that was true, the imperial bowed his head briefly in passing and, for better or worse, only shot a brief glare at Poseidon in passing. That one had to have the last word, didn't he? Perhaps he ought to have figured the same when dealign with a pearlcatcher, Igris seemed to share the trait now that he reflected on the other dragon too.

Ludwig perked up when addressed by the former, then swished his tail so that it might brush past Poseidon's in what he hoped would be a reassuring gesture. "I can come by later if you need any help with, um... whatever you were tasked with," he grinned sheepishly, "if not, I'll just keep helping with the mirror."

"You have kind hatchlings here," Igris noted with a soft laugh.

"I-I'm not a hatchling!" called the young guardian, evidently flustered by the teasing. He was happy to help with the mirror anyhow, seeking to gently lift her so that she could be carried upon his back.

It was a scene far merrier than what Poseidon was left with, which was a silent, large figure stalking behind him without so much as a word further. At most, there was an occasional branch that got caught on Jahir's antlers when he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, but the rustling of leaves was a better alternative to bickering. Alas, he couldn't quite stay silent either.

"We found that mirror near your territory," he reluctantly began, "and it's clear now that your clan isn't responsible. Do you have any ideas who might be?"
XC93sMs.png92n1dwB.png
mtHAEL4.png2KvS9Gb.png

YMPbu9R.png
Hades seemed to perk up when Iefyr said he would come with him, a little smile coming to him that he tried to hide by lowering his head. Fannar couldn't help beaming at the reaction of the other guardian. "Alright. You can just send the soldiers you find my way once you fill them in; you're free to rest once that's all done," he hummed. "I'm sure Hades would be happy to show you around, as well."

The smaller guardian nodded a bit more eagerly than he initially intended, tucking his tail around his back as he pushed himself up to standing. "Mhm," he hummed, and when he looked down toward Iefyr, he offered him a shy smile. "Yeah, I'll-- I'll show you to the barracks first," he muttered, averting his gaze once more. A small part of him wasn't looking forward to seeing all his fellow soldiers, but that was mostly because he knew they'd tease him. Still, though, he was simply happy to be able to spend more of his time with the mirror.

The leader watched for a moment as Hades began to lead Iefyr out of the den, offering the other two a small bow of his head when he passed them. "Thank you again, Hades," he mused after the soldier, who gave a brief happy flick of his tail in response.

-

Unfortunately, Poseidon only found his mood lifted by Ludwig's kindness for a moment, but he still offered him a soft word of thanks before he was off. He appreciated how sweet the young guardian was to him, even when he wasn't in a good mood; it was something he'd always loved about Ludwig. Even when he was a hatchling, his kindness had always been a constant.

Alas, his new begrudging companion lacked Ludwig's gentleness. He was grateful for the imperial's silence; at least Jahir had the sense—though it wasn't all the time, evidently—to know when to be quiet. He flew alongside him, not wanting to make the trip go any slower. The sooner he could get out of the general's company, the better.

He huffed softly when Jahir spoke, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Why am I not surprised you suspected us," he grumbled mostly to himself, shaking his head shortly after. "Unfortunately, no, I don't know who could have done it. Before today, we thought we were the only dragons in the area," he frowned, passing his pearl between his back talons as he went.

"There is a group of traveling dragons who we've rescued dragons from, but we last saw them months ago, and I was under the impression that they weren't going to return," he explained. "If they have returned, then they would be your best bet."
Hades seemed to perk up when Iefyr said he would come with him, a little smile coming to him that he tried to hide by lowering his head. Fannar couldn't help beaming at the reaction of the other guardian. "Alright. You can just send the soldiers you find my way once you fill them in; you're free to rest once that's all done," he hummed. "I'm sure Hades would be happy to show you around, as well."

The smaller guardian nodded a bit more eagerly than he initially intended, tucking his tail around his back as he pushed himself up to standing. "Mhm," he hummed, and when he looked down toward Iefyr, he offered him a shy smile. "Yeah, I'll-- I'll show you to the barracks first," he muttered, averting his gaze once more. A small part of him wasn't looking forward to seeing all his fellow soldiers, but that was mostly because he knew they'd tease him. Still, though, he was simply happy to be able to spend more of his time with the mirror.

The leader watched for a moment as Hades began to lead Iefyr out of the den, offering the other two a small bow of his head when he passed them. "Thank you again, Hades," he mused after the soldier, who gave a brief happy flick of his tail in response.

-

Unfortunately, Poseidon only found his mood lifted by Ludwig's kindness for a moment, but he still offered him a soft word of thanks before he was off. He appreciated how sweet the young guardian was to him, even when he wasn't in a good mood; it was something he'd always loved about Ludwig. Even when he was a hatchling, his kindness had always been a constant.

Alas, his new begrudging companion lacked Ludwig's gentleness. He was grateful for the imperial's silence; at least Jahir had the sense—though it wasn't all the time, evidently—to know when to be quiet. He flew alongside him, not wanting to make the trip go any slower. The sooner he could get out of the general's company, the better.

He huffed softly when Jahir spoke, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Why am I not surprised you suspected us," he grumbled mostly to himself, shaking his head shortly after. "Unfortunately, no, I don't know who could have done it. Before today, we thought we were the only dragons in the area," he frowned, passing his pearl between his back talons as he went.

"There is a group of traveling dragons who we've rescued dragons from, but we last saw them months ago, and I was under the impression that they weren't going to return," he explained. "If they have returned, then they would be your best bet."
"We'll be sure to do that, sir. Thank you again for allowing this," he said, humming as he slowly rose to his paws. His movements looked stiff after so much sitting around, but so too did he look eager to start making some progress. He stretched for a moment, then gleefully turned to look at Hades for guidance.

"Thank you. I... suppose that I should apologise to Ares," Iefyr sighed. He was not at all looking forward to that, thank you! Still, he knew better than to add to the difficulties the two clans were experiencing due to their military leaders and he was not keen on adding to those troubles. Feeling quite responsible for this whole mess, the mirror still bowed his head on the way out, opting to pay respects to the trio whether or not all parties were keen to receive it through such formalities.

Unlike most dragons here, he really did seem to perk up when they stepped into the rain. Something about the cold air passing against wet scales felt oddly soothing to him, albeit the source of those memories felt like a lifetime ago now. Content to look towards the future, he turned first towards Hades and beheld the dragon with merrily raised crests.

"I would say that went better than expected. You have a very kind leader," he admitted. "Which way do we go now?" He didn't see all that much before getting himself into trouble, although he did see familiar dragons leaving for what was, presumably, Ludwig's den. He opted not to call out to the same, lest they all returned and crowded around Hades. Greetings could wait, no? "That must be the dragon they found," he hummed quietly. A very... very big mirror, that one! He wasn't really sure what to make of the sight other than that he well and truly felt like a hatchling now. How did everyone else grow so big?! It was a shame he couldn't see her properly because of the guardian's wings, but perhaps she'd have preferred that if she was in a roused state now.

Ludwig, for his part, seemed to be in a better mood now that tensions were broken, even superficially. He held a strong attachment to Poseidon, and sometimes indeed found himself teased over the same, but he didn't like seeing the pearlcatcher mistreated like this. Nevertheless, he had a good head on his shoulders, and was determined to use it to end whatever conflict he could now. There was still a den for him to lead the others to, and a mirror that would hopefully recover well.

Despite having angered so many already, Jahir didn't hold himself to any degree of shame. He was silent, yes, and for a good while, but quick to snort when his question was greeted with annoyance. "We didn't know you then," he grumbled, "nor your intentions." He had to admit that Fannar seemed earnest, but he wasn't so sure that he could say the same of this pearlcatcher. Why was the creature so stubborn?

"...It could be that they returned with greater numbers, hoping to chase you out of here." He raised his chin in thought, then shook his head when the light got in his eyes. Dim sunlight was not any less of a bother, but he'd have preferred it without being reduced to resembling a wet rat. All of his fur was limp and flattened now, sticking awkwardly to his scales. He didn't appreciate it.

"It could also be some of the groups we encountered... but that's not a narrow list," Jahir scowled. They certainly got rid of some troublesome groups before, but there were many of them that came from less-than-enviable places and it was certainly a possibility that some got followed. Given that it was a mirror they found, it was safe to say he wanted some words with Iefyr to start with.

"...We should consider the possibility that our clans might get properly attacked during those mock wars. It would be good if not everyone participated at once so we have some well-rested soldiers in case of trouble, and we could introduce all our soldiers before the mock battles to ensure we can recognise each other." Basics, yes, but he didn't know how experienced or not this clan was with these issues and... admittedly, he didn't trust Poseidon much, whether or not he was inclined to say the same now. "We have about twenty in our garrison, but not all are combatants... or experienced. Our clan's had a sudden growth recently."
"We'll be sure to do that, sir. Thank you again for allowing this," he said, humming as he slowly rose to his paws. His movements looked stiff after so much sitting around, but so too did he look eager to start making some progress. He stretched for a moment, then gleefully turned to look at Hades for guidance.

"Thank you. I... suppose that I should apologise to Ares," Iefyr sighed. He was not at all looking forward to that, thank you! Still, he knew better than to add to the difficulties the two clans were experiencing due to their military leaders and he was not keen on adding to those troubles. Feeling quite responsible for this whole mess, the mirror still bowed his head on the way out, opting to pay respects to the trio whether or not all parties were keen to receive it through such formalities.

Unlike most dragons here, he really did seem to perk up when they stepped into the rain. Something about the cold air passing against wet scales felt oddly soothing to him, albeit the source of those memories felt like a lifetime ago now. Content to look towards the future, he turned first towards Hades and beheld the dragon with merrily raised crests.

"I would say that went better than expected. You have a very kind leader," he admitted. "Which way do we go now?" He didn't see all that much before getting himself into trouble, although he did see familiar dragons leaving for what was, presumably, Ludwig's den. He opted not to call out to the same, lest they all returned and crowded around Hades. Greetings could wait, no? "That must be the dragon they found," he hummed quietly. A very... very big mirror, that one! He wasn't really sure what to make of the sight other than that he well and truly felt like a hatchling now. How did everyone else grow so big?! It was a shame he couldn't see her properly because of the guardian's wings, but perhaps she'd have preferred that if she was in a roused state now.

Ludwig, for his part, seemed to be in a better mood now that tensions were broken, even superficially. He held a strong attachment to Poseidon, and sometimes indeed found himself teased over the same, but he didn't like seeing the pearlcatcher mistreated like this. Nevertheless, he had a good head on his shoulders, and was determined to use it to end whatever conflict he could now. There was still a den for him to lead the others to, and a mirror that would hopefully recover well.

Despite having angered so many already, Jahir didn't hold himself to any degree of shame. He was silent, yes, and for a good while, but quick to snort when his question was greeted with annoyance. "We didn't know you then," he grumbled, "nor your intentions." He had to admit that Fannar seemed earnest, but he wasn't so sure that he could say the same of this pearlcatcher. Why was the creature so stubborn?

"...It could be that they returned with greater numbers, hoping to chase you out of here." He raised his chin in thought, then shook his head when the light got in his eyes. Dim sunlight was not any less of a bother, but he'd have preferred it without being reduced to resembling a wet rat. All of his fur was limp and flattened now, sticking awkwardly to his scales. He didn't appreciate it.

"It could also be some of the groups we encountered... but that's not a narrow list," Jahir scowled. They certainly got rid of some troublesome groups before, but there were many of them that came from less-than-enviable places and it was certainly a possibility that some got followed. Given that it was a mirror they found, it was safe to say he wanted some words with Iefyr to start with.

"...We should consider the possibility that our clans might get properly attacked during those mock wars. It would be good if not everyone participated at once so we have some well-rested soldiers in case of trouble, and we could introduce all our soldiers before the mock battles to ensure we can recognise each other." Basics, yes, but he didn't know how experienced or not this clan was with these issues and... admittedly, he didn't trust Poseidon much, whether or not he was inclined to say the same now. "We have about twenty in our garrison, but not all are combatants... or experienced. Our clan's had a sudden growth recently."
XC93sMs.png92n1dwB.png
mtHAEL4.png2KvS9Gb.png

YMPbu9R.png
Fannar couldn't have looked more pleased as he watched them, his tail swishing almost excitedly for a moment. "Thank you for being so patient with all of this, too. And of course for being sweet with Hades," he mused. Fins flaring in his embarrassment, Hades gently ushered Iefyr out of the cave, mumbling something incoherently under his breath as his leader snickered behind them.

Once they were out of the cave, the guardian relaxed, offering Iefyr a sheepish smile. "Yeah, he is nice, but... well, still, sorry about him," he mumbled, folding his wings close to himself. Even if he was used to teasing from his clanmates, to have to bear it even when with guests was pushing it a bit. Ultimately, it wasn't with ill intent, so he didn't truly mind. It was just embarrassing, is all. "The, um... the barracks aren't too far from here. I usually fly, but it's raining so we can walk if you want."

He had noticed that the mirror seemed to enjoy being in the rain, and a quiet part of him thought it was charming, seeing the way he lit up when the cool droplets hit his scales. He tried to distract himself from that train of thought, though, not wanting to accidentally say anything that would only embarrass him further. Instead, he turned his attention to the other dragons nearby; mostly the younger dragons remained now, and they looked over Iefyr with wonder. They'd seen mirror dragons before, of course, but never one so small!

The guardian shot them a quick stern look as he shuffled slightly closer to the mirror in question. They may have been young, but they got the hint.

-

Poseidon rolled his eyes, dipping his head briefly to push a bit of his mane back out of his face. Similarly to the imperial general, being wet was not exactly flattering on him; it made his fur, which stood fluffy and bright against his dark scales when dry, sink down against his back like a mop of teal weeds. At least the rain brought out the shimmering runes along his sides and cheeks, he supposed.

"That could be something they chose to try, if they were feeling particularly brave." Or stupid, but he chose not to verbalize that. "They weren't the most ambitious of dragons, though; it barely took any effort to drive them away. If it was truly them that had hurt the mirror, it seems to me that she fought them off."

For a beat, the pearlcatcher glanced over toward Jahir, frowning faintly. He couldn't help but wonder if Fannar was sure this was a good idea. After all, their general had just told him that they'd encountered a much larger list of hostile dragons than his own clan had. Their experience with fighting off other dragons was not extensive by any means...

But it was too late to question the decision now, he supposed. He returned his gaze forward, still frowning. "I believe that would be best. Our group of soldiers is, unfortunately, quite small, but they all train daily; they may not be the most experienced, but they're good at what they do," he explained, keeping his tone smooth. "Once our clans are filled in on what's going on, I could ask Fannar to organize some sort of gathering for the soldiers. There's a number of dragons in my clan who would be happy to host, as well."
Fannar couldn't have looked more pleased as he watched them, his tail swishing almost excitedly for a moment. "Thank you for being so patient with all of this, too. And of course for being sweet with Hades," he mused. Fins flaring in his embarrassment, Hades gently ushered Iefyr out of the cave, mumbling something incoherently under his breath as his leader snickered behind them.

Once they were out of the cave, the guardian relaxed, offering Iefyr a sheepish smile. "Yeah, he is nice, but... well, still, sorry about him," he mumbled, folding his wings close to himself. Even if he was used to teasing from his clanmates, to have to bear it even when with guests was pushing it a bit. Ultimately, it wasn't with ill intent, so he didn't truly mind. It was just embarrassing, is all. "The, um... the barracks aren't too far from here. I usually fly, but it's raining so we can walk if you want."

He had noticed that the mirror seemed to enjoy being in the rain, and a quiet part of him thought it was charming, seeing the way he lit up when the cool droplets hit his scales. He tried to distract himself from that train of thought, though, not wanting to accidentally say anything that would only embarrass him further. Instead, he turned his attention to the other dragons nearby; mostly the younger dragons remained now, and they looked over Iefyr with wonder. They'd seen mirror dragons before, of course, but never one so small!

The guardian shot them a quick stern look as he shuffled slightly closer to the mirror in question. They may have been young, but they got the hint.

-

Poseidon rolled his eyes, dipping his head briefly to push a bit of his mane back out of his face. Similarly to the imperial general, being wet was not exactly flattering on him; it made his fur, which stood fluffy and bright against his dark scales when dry, sink down against his back like a mop of teal weeds. At least the rain brought out the shimmering runes along his sides and cheeks, he supposed.

"That could be something they chose to try, if they were feeling particularly brave." Or stupid, but he chose not to verbalize that. "They weren't the most ambitious of dragons, though; it barely took any effort to drive them away. If it was truly them that had hurt the mirror, it seems to me that she fought them off."

For a beat, the pearlcatcher glanced over toward Jahir, frowning faintly. He couldn't help but wonder if Fannar was sure this was a good idea. After all, their general had just told him that they'd encountered a much larger list of hostile dragons than his own clan had. Their experience with fighting off other dragons was not extensive by any means...

But it was too late to question the decision now, he supposed. He returned his gaze forward, still frowning. "I believe that would be best. Our group of soldiers is, unfortunately, quite small, but they all train daily; they may not be the most experienced, but they're good at what they do," he explained, keeping his tone smooth. "Once our clans are filled in on what's going on, I could ask Fannar to organize some sort of gathering for the soldiers. There's a number of dragons in my clan who would be happy to host, as well."
Iefyr opted not to address the teasing nor the sound of Rahe's laughter behind them, opting instead to follow Hades outside the den with mild amusement. His tail, while not long, still swished behind him in what was evidently a merry mood. It was embarrassing to be teased like this, yes, but... he didn't have this warm of a welcome in his clan either, and it might've felt nice to have an experience like this too. Had he been younger, something like this would've probably seen him hiding his face with his wings!

"It's endearing," said the informant, who stretched his wings out briefly now that they had ample space for it. He was not a large thing, but he did have an impressive wingspan for his size, even if flying was far beyond him now. "I would appreciate that." He folded his wings back in time, settling them against his back with a pleased hum. Days like these were a blessing, he'd insist. Warm but rainy, and most importantly, absent of bloodshed. That little scuffle didn't count!

"I apologise since I'm sure this slows us down, but I can't take off anymore. I could possibly glide if we were going downhill but..." He trailed off mid-sentence there, but instead of looking down, it seemed more likely that he was fascinated by the attention they were getting. Wouldn't the larger, more robust and commanding members of his clan be more interesting for the young to view? He felt a touch out of place for a change, and nevertheless thankful to have the gentle giant beside him stand guard. They were not intimidating, but neither was he sure that he was the best person here to represent his clan, least of all after having an altercation with Ares. "Ah. Thank you. What I meant to say is that I know flying there would be faster but I cannot. I'm sorry. I know well that it mustn't be fun being grounded like this."

-

Jahir was, for once, not so appreciative of the antlers atop his head. He shook it on his own but not to dismiss the pearlcatcher beside him. It was to get rid of some of the raindrops that kept gliding down the same and understandably down his neck, a ticklish sensation that admittedly made him want to scratch at the same as if he had fleas. Maybe Igris was right to wear robes? At least those seemed to save him this kind of annoyance. Absent of those, he looked at Poseidon with weary eyes. He hated rain.

"Then let's hope it's them, they'll be easy to chase off again," he huffed. "I'm not so sure for most of those we dealt with but I suppose the sooner they show up, the better. If we can solve the problem permanently, it'll be worth it." He was very eager for his clan to settle down without having to look over their shoulders, thank you! And not so eager, in hindsight, to introduce another clan to the same. Was this wise? They didn't have experience and sure, Poseidon didn't run at the sight of him, but were pearlcatchers not notorious cowards? If this was their best and most shining soldier, then he was anxious about what kind of misfortune they may have brought to this clan. Perhaps he should send a few soldiers to reside here on the premise of cultural exchange... at least then, he'd be sure the clan was better protected.

"I think... This is better seen as a long-term endeavour. We can't leave either clan defenseless, which means only a few dragons can go to the other clan at a time. It will probably take a few meetings before they're all introduced and familiar, but that's good too. It'll give them time to train, build friendships, and learn new tactics." He drew a deep breath upon realising just how much work all this would end up being, and how much time he'd have to spend with Poseidon planning and organising it all in turn. "Aurelius and Iefyr are already here so we can have them meet your soldiers for the moment; one's a warrior, the other an informant but both are integral. Next, when we head back to our clan, a few of yours could come with us both to see where it is and meet our clanmembers." He paused for a moment, then clicked his tongue. "You could also come if you want to see Toben, but I'll reiterate that they'll not speak with you."
Iefyr opted not to address the teasing nor the sound of Rahe's laughter behind them, opting instead to follow Hades outside the den with mild amusement. His tail, while not long, still swished behind him in what was evidently a merry mood. It was embarrassing to be teased like this, yes, but... he didn't have this warm of a welcome in his clan either, and it might've felt nice to have an experience like this too. Had he been younger, something like this would've probably seen him hiding his face with his wings!

"It's endearing," said the informant, who stretched his wings out briefly now that they had ample space for it. He was not a large thing, but he did have an impressive wingspan for his size, even if flying was far beyond him now. "I would appreciate that." He folded his wings back in time, settling them against his back with a pleased hum. Days like these were a blessing, he'd insist. Warm but rainy, and most importantly, absent of bloodshed. That little scuffle didn't count!

"I apologise since I'm sure this slows us down, but I can't take off anymore. I could possibly glide if we were going downhill but..." He trailed off mid-sentence there, but instead of looking down, it seemed more likely that he was fascinated by the attention they were getting. Wouldn't the larger, more robust and commanding members of his clan be more interesting for the young to view? He felt a touch out of place for a change, and nevertheless thankful to have the gentle giant beside him stand guard. They were not intimidating, but neither was he sure that he was the best person here to represent his clan, least of all after having an altercation with Ares. "Ah. Thank you. What I meant to say is that I know flying there would be faster but I cannot. I'm sorry. I know well that it mustn't be fun being grounded like this."

-

Jahir was, for once, not so appreciative of the antlers atop his head. He shook it on his own but not to dismiss the pearlcatcher beside him. It was to get rid of some of the raindrops that kept gliding down the same and understandably down his neck, a ticklish sensation that admittedly made him want to scratch at the same as if he had fleas. Maybe Igris was right to wear robes? At least those seemed to save him this kind of annoyance. Absent of those, he looked at Poseidon with weary eyes. He hated rain.

"Then let's hope it's them, they'll be easy to chase off again," he huffed. "I'm not so sure for most of those we dealt with but I suppose the sooner they show up, the better. If we can solve the problem permanently, it'll be worth it." He was very eager for his clan to settle down without having to look over their shoulders, thank you! And not so eager, in hindsight, to introduce another clan to the same. Was this wise? They didn't have experience and sure, Poseidon didn't run at the sight of him, but were pearlcatchers not notorious cowards? If this was their best and most shining soldier, then he was anxious about what kind of misfortune they may have brought to this clan. Perhaps he should send a few soldiers to reside here on the premise of cultural exchange... at least then, he'd be sure the clan was better protected.

"I think... This is better seen as a long-term endeavour. We can't leave either clan defenseless, which means only a few dragons can go to the other clan at a time. It will probably take a few meetings before they're all introduced and familiar, but that's good too. It'll give them time to train, build friendships, and learn new tactics." He drew a deep breath upon realising just how much work all this would end up being, and how much time he'd have to spend with Poseidon planning and organising it all in turn. "Aurelius and Iefyr are already here so we can have them meet your soldiers for the moment; one's a warrior, the other an informant but both are integral. Next, when we head back to our clan, a few of yours could come with us both to see where it is and meet our clanmembers." He paused for a moment, then clicked his tongue. "You could also come if you want to see Toben, but I'll reiterate that they'll not speak with you."
XC93sMs.png92n1dwB.png
mtHAEL4.png2KvS9Gb.png

YMPbu9R.png
Hades hummed with a gentle nod, looking down toward him with an equally small smile. "Alright." He wasn't originally planning to ask about why Iefyr wanted to stay grounded—he had a feeling, going off what he'd seen of him thus far, that the motion of flying wasn't comfortable for him, and that was alright with him—but when the mirror offered up the information willingly, he listened. He tried not to show it in his expression or posturing, but he felt bad for the smaller dragon. Not being able to fly... Hades couldn't imagine such a thing.

He didn't, however, want Iefyr to think that he pitied him. He hated when his clanmates pitied him over anything, so he imagined that other dragons didn't like it, either. Instead, he affectionately nudged his side with his tail, keeping close by him. "It's okay. I don't mind walking," he hummed, keeping his tone soft so as not to tip off any of the dragons around them. He didn't think they'd be as quiet about the mirror's predicament. "I don't like flying in the rain, anyway. It's harder to see."

As he began to walk, waving the young dragons away with a soft flick of his wing, he kept his eyes down at Iefyr. "Is it, um... Is it okay if I ask what happened? Was it an injury?" he asked, cocking his head slightly. "You don't have to tell me, of course," he added quickly, "I'm just curious."

-

Poseidon watched the imperial out of the corner of his eye, his expression souring. He couldn't tell if his fidgeting was because he was uncomfortable with him, or if it had something to do with the rain, but either way, it was bothering him. He tried to put a bit more distance between them so as not to get caught on Jahir's antlers; he imagined it'd probably hurt, for one, and he doubted the other dragon would care. In his attempts to keep himself from getting hurt, though, he got his wing snagged on a low-hanging branch, and he hissed.

Well, so much for flying to keep up better, he supposed. He lowered himself back to the ground after a brief scramble to get himself unstuck, and once he had three paws on the ground—he needed his fourth to hold his pearl—he shook himself off with a huff. "Personally," he began, his frown only growing now that he was walking alongside him, "I would prefer to be given the time to prepare. As you've pointed out, my clan lacks the experience to be able to handle a full-fledged attack."

At his last words, though, the pearlcatcher could have groaned. A long-term endeavor? That was quite literally the last thing he wanted! He couldn't think of a more infuriating situation than to be stuck working with some egotistical imperial indefinitely... but he knew he had a point. He hated that fact, but he'd be putting his clan at risk to deny it. "As much as I hate to admit it, you have a point. It'd be an unnecessary risk to try and get everybody together at once," he grumbled, his tail lashing briefly.

"And for the record, if you're so certain that your deity will hate me that much, then I'm not interested. It'd be a waste of everybody's time to organize such a meeting if it's just going to end badly," he frowned, keeping his eyes firmly forward. Jahir just couldn't let up, not even for a minute...
Hades hummed with a gentle nod, looking down toward him with an equally small smile. "Alright." He wasn't originally planning to ask about why Iefyr wanted to stay grounded—he had a feeling, going off what he'd seen of him thus far, that the motion of flying wasn't comfortable for him, and that was alright with him—but when the mirror offered up the information willingly, he listened. He tried not to show it in his expression or posturing, but he felt bad for the smaller dragon. Not being able to fly... Hades couldn't imagine such a thing.

He didn't, however, want Iefyr to think that he pitied him. He hated when his clanmates pitied him over anything, so he imagined that other dragons didn't like it, either. Instead, he affectionately nudged his side with his tail, keeping close by him. "It's okay. I don't mind walking," he hummed, keeping his tone soft so as not to tip off any of the dragons around them. He didn't think they'd be as quiet about the mirror's predicament. "I don't like flying in the rain, anyway. It's harder to see."

As he began to walk, waving the young dragons away with a soft flick of his wing, he kept his eyes down at Iefyr. "Is it, um... Is it okay if I ask what happened? Was it an injury?" he asked, cocking his head slightly. "You don't have to tell me, of course," he added quickly, "I'm just curious."

-

Poseidon watched the imperial out of the corner of his eye, his expression souring. He couldn't tell if his fidgeting was because he was uncomfortable with him, or if it had something to do with the rain, but either way, it was bothering him. He tried to put a bit more distance between them so as not to get caught on Jahir's antlers; he imagined it'd probably hurt, for one, and he doubted the other dragon would care. In his attempts to keep himself from getting hurt, though, he got his wing snagged on a low-hanging branch, and he hissed.

Well, so much for flying to keep up better, he supposed. He lowered himself back to the ground after a brief scramble to get himself unstuck, and once he had three paws on the ground—he needed his fourth to hold his pearl—he shook himself off with a huff. "Personally," he began, his frown only growing now that he was walking alongside him, "I would prefer to be given the time to prepare. As you've pointed out, my clan lacks the experience to be able to handle a full-fledged attack."

At his last words, though, the pearlcatcher could have groaned. A long-term endeavor? That was quite literally the last thing he wanted! He couldn't think of a more infuriating situation than to be stuck working with some egotistical imperial indefinitely... but he knew he had a point. He hated that fact, but he'd be putting his clan at risk to deny it. "As much as I hate to admit it, you have a point. It'd be an unnecessary risk to try and get everybody together at once," he grumbled, his tail lashing briefly.

"And for the record, if you're so certain that your deity will hate me that much, then I'm not interested. It'd be a waste of everybody's time to organize such a meeting if it's just going to end badly," he frowned, keeping his eyes firmly forward. Jahir just couldn't let up, not even for a minute...
Iefyr flinched at the unexpected nudge, and only later accepted the gesture with warm eyes and a small bout of laughter at his own expense. It was a silly thing to be startled by and part of him felt bad for receiving a kind gesture so awkwardly, but it did seem to lift his spirits for the moment. "It is. Thankfully it's still light out, I expect it'll get much harder as time wears on." Admittedly, he lost track of time now that he was here. It was morning when he left his clan, yes, but he felt tired now after all that excitement. It was a good thing that he wouldn't have to travel all the way back by paw to rest.

"Ah... I don't mind, but I'm not sure how much you want the younger dragons to overhear." He tilted his head side to side, almost as is physically weighing the words in his mind. He ought to make it palatable for the young if they overheard something, yes? Not an easy thing by any means. "It wasn't an accident," he began, "I told you before that the clan I hatched in was volatile, didn't I?" And not a group he remembered fondly, in truth.

"They are everything your clan is not; cruel, abrasive, and aggressive. There is not a redeeming thing I can say about them," he admitted. Surprisingly, his expression didn't seem to sour, even if his crests subconsciously rose a little as he spoke. "I--secretly--helped dragons escape when I could, and eventually I also tried to do the same. I was caught. A dragon I helped was caught and sold me out; he pretended that he only left to lay a trap for me and so they welcomed him back with praise. I was punished as was anyone suspected of helping me," the details of which he thought better omitted, all things considered.

"I eventually escaped, but by then my body was like this. I can't fly, I'm... unsure if I can even glide, and I can't walk very well. I'm sure you could tell but it's just embarrassing to be caught in a fight now," he chuckled. "Despite all of that, Arsah welcomed me. It doesn't matter there if I can fly, hunt, or fight; Willheim just asked me if I wanted to stay, and Rahe urged me to do that before I could even answer. They came for me," he squeaked more than spoke the last bit, and then drew a breath to recompose himself. "...All of you could've been dangerous and none of them hesitated to come anyway. I can't repay something like that; I'll never be able to."

-

Jahir frowned when he saw the other dragon hurt himself, and yet at once felt slightly vindicated over the whole affair. If the pearlcatcher was going to act as if he smelled and keep his distance, then he was not going to feel sorry for the thing if it got scratched up in the process. Was it so much to ask to be treated like a peer? He stared at the dragon with silent disapproval for a little while, but ultimately waited for Poseidon to catch up.

"We're not about to let you fight alone if that happens, Rahe would never allow it." He dismissed the thought by pointing his nose towards the sky, but at least tried to adjust his pace to that of the pearlcatcher. If he already decided that he was going to try being professional, then this was something he'd have to do... however much he hated the idea of being stuck with the Commander for even a second longer. Was he already getting cold paws? It figured!

"We'll need a few visits back and forth for everyone to meet and learn the route; younger dragons might struggle and get lost otherwise." Jahir's frown deepened when he felt the droplets grow larger against his back, and he cursed inwardly over the same. This was going to be a frustrating day, wasn't it? He wasn't sure where the pearlcatcher's den was but he wasn't looking forward to dripping inside it... assuming it was even large enough for them both. If not, he may just have to make peace with sleeping in this weather later tonight.

"Is there anyone you think would be a good candidate to visit first?" He turned to look at Poseidon, then glared at the dragon sharply. It was a blessing that he was silent for once, if only because it bought him enough time to process the words spoken and the rather glaring misunderstanding growing between the two. Oh. Of course, the spoiled, bratty thing had to have assumed malice where there was none.

"I wouldn't deign to presume what a deity does or does not approve of," he growled, "but Toben can't- won't speak. I... We don't know if they cannot or if it's because we'd not understand them, but they've not spoken a word since our clan was founded. They are not someone you can hold a conversation with."
Iefyr flinched at the unexpected nudge, and only later accepted the gesture with warm eyes and a small bout of laughter at his own expense. It was a silly thing to be startled by and part of him felt bad for receiving a kind gesture so awkwardly, but it did seem to lift his spirits for the moment. "It is. Thankfully it's still light out, I expect it'll get much harder as time wears on." Admittedly, he lost track of time now that he was here. It was morning when he left his clan, yes, but he felt tired now after all that excitement. It was a good thing that he wouldn't have to travel all the way back by paw to rest.

"Ah... I don't mind, but I'm not sure how much you want the younger dragons to overhear." He tilted his head side to side, almost as is physically weighing the words in his mind. He ought to make it palatable for the young if they overheard something, yes? Not an easy thing by any means. "It wasn't an accident," he began, "I told you before that the clan I hatched in was volatile, didn't I?" And not a group he remembered fondly, in truth.

"They are everything your clan is not; cruel, abrasive, and aggressive. There is not a redeeming thing I can say about them," he admitted. Surprisingly, his expression didn't seem to sour, even if his crests subconsciously rose a little as he spoke. "I--secretly--helped dragons escape when I could, and eventually I also tried to do the same. I was caught. A dragon I helped was caught and sold me out; he pretended that he only left to lay a trap for me and so they welcomed him back with praise. I was punished as was anyone suspected of helping me," the details of which he thought better omitted, all things considered.

"I eventually escaped, but by then my body was like this. I can't fly, I'm... unsure if I can even glide, and I can't walk very well. I'm sure you could tell but it's just embarrassing to be caught in a fight now," he chuckled. "Despite all of that, Arsah welcomed me. It doesn't matter there if I can fly, hunt, or fight; Willheim just asked me if I wanted to stay, and Rahe urged me to do that before I could even answer. They came for me," he squeaked more than spoke the last bit, and then drew a breath to recompose himself. "...All of you could've been dangerous and none of them hesitated to come anyway. I can't repay something like that; I'll never be able to."

-

Jahir frowned when he saw the other dragon hurt himself, and yet at once felt slightly vindicated over the whole affair. If the pearlcatcher was going to act as if he smelled and keep his distance, then he was not going to feel sorry for the thing if it got scratched up in the process. Was it so much to ask to be treated like a peer? He stared at the dragon with silent disapproval for a little while, but ultimately waited for Poseidon to catch up.

"We're not about to let you fight alone if that happens, Rahe would never allow it." He dismissed the thought by pointing his nose towards the sky, but at least tried to adjust his pace to that of the pearlcatcher. If he already decided that he was going to try being professional, then this was something he'd have to do... however much he hated the idea of being stuck with the Commander for even a second longer. Was he already getting cold paws? It figured!

"We'll need a few visits back and forth for everyone to meet and learn the route; younger dragons might struggle and get lost otherwise." Jahir's frown deepened when he felt the droplets grow larger against his back, and he cursed inwardly over the same. This was going to be a frustrating day, wasn't it? He wasn't sure where the pearlcatcher's den was but he wasn't looking forward to dripping inside it... assuming it was even large enough for them both. If not, he may just have to make peace with sleeping in this weather later tonight.

"Is there anyone you think would be a good candidate to visit first?" He turned to look at Poseidon, then glared at the dragon sharply. It was a blessing that he was silent for once, if only because it bought him enough time to process the words spoken and the rather glaring misunderstanding growing between the two. Oh. Of course, the spoiled, bratty thing had to have assumed malice where there was none.

"I wouldn't deign to presume what a deity does or does not approve of," he growled, "but Toben can't- won't speak. I... We don't know if they cannot or if it's because we'd not understand them, but they've not spoken a word since our clan was founded. They are not someone you can hold a conversation with."
XC93sMs.png92n1dwB.png
mtHAEL4.png2KvS9Gb.png

YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9