Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | LF 1x1 RP / Clan relation development
<copied from my post 5 years ago, yikes>

I'm looking to dip back into the waters of the RP community and would like a partner or a few to engage with and set up fun encounters or small events.

Methods:
  • FlightRising forum thread
  • Discord server

Availability/Post Frequency:
  • I may have time to post once daily, but it often takes 2-5 days to process a response.
  • It is possible to have regular wait times of a week in between replies

Styles/Post Length:
  • I prefer to lit RP. I enjoy plump paragraphs and the opportunity to flex my figurative language and vivid description muscles.
  • I will post generally 1 - 3 paragraphs, depending on what's going on in the scene. My responses can be as short as just a few sentences, should the pace encourage it.

Story/Scene length:
  • brief to medium length scenes, such as a casual encounter and get-to-know chats, or some sort of short-term event
  • NOT looking for a full-length novel of many events and scenes

Setting:
  • can be determined by you or in the pre-set home and surrounding areas of my lair 1

Genre:
  • Slice-of-life
  • mild romance, should it develop (but not romance-focused to begin with)
  • diplomatic (having to do with clan relations)
  • (other? I'm open to suggestions)
  • NOT looking for action/fight/battle-centric themes (I'm okay with small amounts of these scenes as appropriate)
  • NOT looking for events heavily focused on Sornieth's pre-existing lorebook (festivals are OK!)

Character party size:
  • I'd be comfortable with one to three characters per person at various points
  • I'm concerned about getting a jumbled mess of a post and having to play catch-up with all the actions that may be happening with a large group

Types of characters:
  • Only looking for dragons/dragon gijinkas from the world of Sornieth!

Characters I can use:
  • Most of my lair is usable -- albeit only briefly. The other purpose for this is to help me find my dragons' voices. Mention any particular "type" of dragon/person, and I will list back the options and brief descriptions I have for them!
  • Not all of my lair is available for romance. Some dragons will not accept romantic advances, will ignore them, etc.

If you're interested, we can set up a thread, discuss, and begin posting there! I'm looking for people that are interested in developing a friendship outside of the RP, too, but it's not necessary if you don't want casual OOC chats of course.

1 My lair setting/synopsis:
Setting preface
IndentBefore they came to Thresher-Eye, the Remnants had been dispersed across the sea in various stations and outposts, coming together in full on days of importance along the eastern shore. Their homes had never felt permanent until Illethia brought her "sons" and "daughters" to the place of refuge the Tidelord had brought her to during her time of exaltation, or so she believes.

Setting

IndentThresher-Eye Cavern, or just Thresher-Eye, is an expansive cave carved into an outcropping of basalt and other dark rocks along the Sea of a Thousand Currents, wedged in between the cliffside coasts of the Windswept Plateau and the Scarred Wasteland. It is large enough to accommodate a few dozen adult imperials in its labyrinth of subsurface tunnels, as well as having room for several adult guardians, ridgebacks, and ample room for more spindly species. Its levels are separated by water depth, with the upper levels of the cavern being above sea level, the "ground" levels being either dry or submerged depending on the time of day and the whims of the tide, and the submerged levels being constantly under water. An abyssal level exists and is inhabited by those most reclusive; it rests on the seabed itself. All in all, it is fairly accommodating for dragons of most elements.

IndentThe cavern is circular in design with a hollow center and a stone staircase that spirals upwards leading to many openings from tunnels carved both prior to the clan's move and in accordance with its growth. The cavern would be entirely enclosed overhead had there not been an unfortunate digging from the surface of the cliff high above. The resulting hole and fractures remind viewers of a flaking shale thresher hide, with the hole looking remarkably similar to a thresher's eye when the moon passes directly overhead on select few nights.

Setting expanded

IndentThe place is considered sacred by those more religiously and spiritually inclined due to its fortitude and uncanny resemblances. Thought to be guarded by an ancient thresher spirit, it is a protected place. It is hypothesized by those more logical that a clan of ridgebacks had formed the cavern generations ago. Regardless, prospective tunnelers and architects need to seek permission before making any changes to the structure.

IndentTunnels are lit by an intricate, dragon-made network of oiled rivulets built into the rock walls. For quick illumination, all that's needed is an ember at the source of the rivulets in the upper levels and an arcane enchanting for the lower, submerged levels' illumination source. From the initial ignition by flame or by spell, the rest of the connected networks of tunnels light up -- unless, of course, a dragon chooses to prevent their chambers from being illuminated. Tallow candles are also used for lighting corners of chambers and illuminating documents spread out on stone slabs.

IndentThresher-Eye tends to have a primeval ambiance which may intimidate guests of more privileged homes. While artisans and craftworkers leave their mark with more modern furniture and structure additions, the remainder of the resident population will be forced to accommodate for a lack of convenience in the rest of the expanse of caves -- unless they're able to import their own favored items and materials.

Logistics

Income history:
The Remnants are infamous for their heyday of plundering treasure and gems many years ago, but the community now is far different from the pirate legends that once prowled the cavern and sailed the seas. With as many enemies as allies, this clan exercises a great deal of caution with any outsiders. However, newer members with no personal history of pirating or other criminal behavior have no caution in putting out an immediate, positive impression. While the clan now primarily self-sustains, it does dabble with a growing trade network that seems to be netting serious gold for some.

Feeding:

A resident chef and assistants regularly prepare meal options for all residing breeds throughout the day with ingredients brought back by foragers and hunters.

Communal activities:
A commons area just above the ground level is always available with seating and a stage, along with an orchestra pit carved in. The acoustics are incredible, if not also just a little overbearing.

Security:
"Officers" and guards are patrolling and on-duty at all hours, both inside the cavern and out, taking turns with shifts.

Politics:
Jebruzar and Illethia are the shot-callers ultimately, but they depend on a council of a few select individuals. They are repeatedly voted back into leadership with each voting cycle, presumably from Jebruzar's intimidation and Illethia's generally good and loving relationships with nearly all members.

Focus:
Varied. Some residents are worshippers of the Thresher demigod and have even gone so far as to revere a particular nocturne as the Shark Prince, believing his birth fulfilled part of a developing prophecy. Others tend to their own trades and areas of study, selling their crafts and knowledge, as well as buying others', to promote their internal economy.
<copied from my post 5 years ago, yikes>

I'm looking to dip back into the waters of the RP community and would like a partner or a few to engage with and set up fun encounters or small events.

Methods:
  • FlightRising forum thread
  • Discord server

Availability/Post Frequency:
  • I may have time to post once daily, but it often takes 2-5 days to process a response.
  • It is possible to have regular wait times of a week in between replies

Styles/Post Length:
  • I prefer to lit RP. I enjoy plump paragraphs and the opportunity to flex my figurative language and vivid description muscles.
  • I will post generally 1 - 3 paragraphs, depending on what's going on in the scene. My responses can be as short as just a few sentences, should the pace encourage it.

Story/Scene length:
  • brief to medium length scenes, such as a casual encounter and get-to-know chats, or some sort of short-term event
  • NOT looking for a full-length novel of many events and scenes

Setting:
  • can be determined by you or in the pre-set home and surrounding areas of my lair 1

Genre:
  • Slice-of-life
  • mild romance, should it develop (but not romance-focused to begin with)
  • diplomatic (having to do with clan relations)
  • (other? I'm open to suggestions)
  • NOT looking for action/fight/battle-centric themes (I'm okay with small amounts of these scenes as appropriate)
  • NOT looking for events heavily focused on Sornieth's pre-existing lorebook (festivals are OK!)

Character party size:
  • I'd be comfortable with one to three characters per person at various points
  • I'm concerned about getting a jumbled mess of a post and having to play catch-up with all the actions that may be happening with a large group

Types of characters:
  • Only looking for dragons/dragon gijinkas from the world of Sornieth!

Characters I can use:
  • Most of my lair is usable -- albeit only briefly. The other purpose for this is to help me find my dragons' voices. Mention any particular "type" of dragon/person, and I will list back the options and brief descriptions I have for them!
  • Not all of my lair is available for romance. Some dragons will not accept romantic advances, will ignore them, etc.

If you're interested, we can set up a thread, discuss, and begin posting there! I'm looking for people that are interested in developing a friendship outside of the RP, too, but it's not necessary if you don't want casual OOC chats of course.

1 My lair setting/synopsis:
Setting preface
IndentBefore they came to Thresher-Eye, the Remnants had been dispersed across the sea in various stations and outposts, coming together in full on days of importance along the eastern shore. Their homes had never felt permanent until Illethia brought her "sons" and "daughters" to the place of refuge the Tidelord had brought her to during her time of exaltation, or so she believes.

Setting

IndentThresher-Eye Cavern, or just Thresher-Eye, is an expansive cave carved into an outcropping of basalt and other dark rocks along the Sea of a Thousand Currents, wedged in between the cliffside coasts of the Windswept Plateau and the Scarred Wasteland. It is large enough to accommodate a few dozen adult imperials in its labyrinth of subsurface tunnels, as well as having room for several adult guardians, ridgebacks, and ample room for more spindly species. Its levels are separated by water depth, with the upper levels of the cavern being above sea level, the "ground" levels being either dry or submerged depending on the time of day and the whims of the tide, and the submerged levels being constantly under water. An abyssal level exists and is inhabited by those most reclusive; it rests on the seabed itself. All in all, it is fairly accommodating for dragons of most elements.

IndentThe cavern is circular in design with a hollow center and a stone staircase that spirals upwards leading to many openings from tunnels carved both prior to the clan's move and in accordance with its growth. The cavern would be entirely enclosed overhead had there not been an unfortunate digging from the surface of the cliff high above. The resulting hole and fractures remind viewers of a flaking shale thresher hide, with the hole looking remarkably similar to a thresher's eye when the moon passes directly overhead on select few nights.

Setting expanded

IndentThe place is considered sacred by those more religiously and spiritually inclined due to its fortitude and uncanny resemblances. Thought to be guarded by an ancient thresher spirit, it is a protected place. It is hypothesized by those more logical that a clan of ridgebacks had formed the cavern generations ago. Regardless, prospective tunnelers and architects need to seek permission before making any changes to the structure.

IndentTunnels are lit by an intricate, dragon-made network of oiled rivulets built into the rock walls. For quick illumination, all that's needed is an ember at the source of the rivulets in the upper levels and an arcane enchanting for the lower, submerged levels' illumination source. From the initial ignition by flame or by spell, the rest of the connected networks of tunnels light up -- unless, of course, a dragon chooses to prevent their chambers from being illuminated. Tallow candles are also used for lighting corners of chambers and illuminating documents spread out on stone slabs.

IndentThresher-Eye tends to have a primeval ambiance which may intimidate guests of more privileged homes. While artisans and craftworkers leave their mark with more modern furniture and structure additions, the remainder of the resident population will be forced to accommodate for a lack of convenience in the rest of the expanse of caves -- unless they're able to import their own favored items and materials.

Logistics

Income history:
The Remnants are infamous for their heyday of plundering treasure and gems many years ago, but the community now is far different from the pirate legends that once prowled the cavern and sailed the seas. With as many enemies as allies, this clan exercises a great deal of caution with any outsiders. However, newer members with no personal history of pirating or other criminal behavior have no caution in putting out an immediate, positive impression. While the clan now primarily self-sustains, it does dabble with a growing trade network that seems to be netting serious gold for some.

Feeding:

A resident chef and assistants regularly prepare meal options for all residing breeds throughout the day with ingredients brought back by foragers and hunters.

Communal activities:
A commons area just above the ground level is always available with seating and a stage, along with an orchestra pit carved in. The acoustics are incredible, if not also just a little overbearing.

Security:
"Officers" and guards are patrolling and on-duty at all hours, both inside the cavern and out, taking turns with shifts.

Politics:
Jebruzar and Illethia are the shot-callers ultimately, but they depend on a council of a few select individuals. They are repeatedly voted back into leadership with each voting cycle, presumably from Jebruzar's intimidation and Illethia's generally good and loving relationships with nearly all members.

Focus:
Varied. Some residents are worshippers of the Thresher demigod and have even gone so far as to revere a particular nocturne as the Shark Prince, believing his birth fulfilled part of a developing prophecy. Others tend to their own trades and areas of study, selling their crafts and knowledge, as well as buying others', to promote their internal economy.
watershieldl.png85421520.png21406.png24305546.pngfireshieldr.png
@Digsie
Hello! I’m interested in RPing with you!
I’m currently trying to flesh out my clan more, so I’d love to RP something having to do with clan relations. In one reply, I usually write about 1~3 paragraphs, and sometimes more in some scenes. You can expect replies either immediately or after several hours.
Most of my lair is usable in RP as well, although some are far more developed than others.

Some info about the Ballroom of Ravens:
The clan was founded by Secret, who named it the Murder of Ravens. They were mainly a clan of warriors and soldiers, fighting to survive in the dark forests.
Eventually the clan grew, and Secret’s daughter Silence became the new leader.
By the time she inherited the throne, the clan was full of culture and was much more than an army. She renamed the clan to the Ballroom of Ravens, and only the army is called the Murder of Ravens now.
The Ravens are known for being graceful and calm, poised and fierce fighters. They are definitely dragons who live in the future, not dwelling on the past and always planning ahead to the great things they will achieve. Most of the clan don't care about history, and one dragon is in charge of keeping records. She is called the Lore Keeper.

( also I was looking through your clan and checked the hatchery— omg water eggs float?! That’s adorable eek >< )
@Digsie
Hello! I’m interested in RPing with you!
I’m currently trying to flesh out my clan more, so I’d love to RP something having to do with clan relations. In one reply, I usually write about 1~3 paragraphs, and sometimes more in some scenes. You can expect replies either immediately or after several hours.
Most of my lair is usable in RP as well, although some are far more developed than others.

Some info about the Ballroom of Ravens:
The clan was founded by Secret, who named it the Murder of Ravens. They were mainly a clan of warriors and soldiers, fighting to survive in the dark forests.
Eventually the clan grew, and Secret’s daughter Silence became the new leader.
By the time she inherited the throne, the clan was full of culture and was much more than an army. She renamed the clan to the Ballroom of Ravens, and only the army is called the Murder of Ravens now.
The Ravens are known for being graceful and calm, poised and fierce fighters. They are definitely dragons who live in the future, not dwelling on the past and always planning ahead to the great things they will achieve. Most of the clan don't care about history, and one dragon is in charge of keeping records. She is called the Lore Keeper.

( also I was looking through your clan and checked the hatchery— omg water eggs float?! That’s adorable eek >< )
EF91-F8-EF-96-C0-4-C24-A435-C5-D719835-D35.png
@UnnamedRaven

Thank you for reaching out! I'd love to chat more, do you prefer PM or discord?
(Thank you for your patience in my response back also, can't do much about the unexpected maintenance!)
@UnnamedRaven

Thank you for reaching out! I'd love to chat more, do you prefer PM or discord?
(Thank you for your patience in my response back also, can't do much about the unexpected maintenance!)
watershieldl.png85421520.png21406.png24305546.pngfireshieldr.png
@Digsie

Thanks for the reply! I prefer PMs. ^^
@Digsie

Thanks for the reply! I prefer PMs. ^^
EF91-F8-EF-96-C0-4-C24-A435-C5-D719835-D35.png