Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Gardening Thread!
1 2 3 4
[center][b]BlueBerry[/b][/center] [b]Update 1:[/b] When I got her I was thinking, "oh it probably won't get very big very fast, it's unlikely to take over everything near it, what a nice snack for the birds!" WRONG, she's going crazy, she's put on like 3-5 inches in a week, I don't know what to do at this rate my yard will be her yard. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618244377952780298/1088200845709033533/IMG_7188.jpg[/img] [b]Update 2:[/b] She continues to spread, there's competition with the prickle pear at this rate. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618244377952780298/1095756028362100766/IMG_7252.jpg[/img]
BlueBerry

Update 1:
When I got her I was thinking, "oh it probably won't get very big very fast, it's unlikely to take over everything near it, what a nice snack for the birds!" WRONG, she's going crazy, she's put on like 3-5 inches in a week, I don't know what to do at this rate my yard will be her yard.

IMG_7188.jpg

Update 2:
She continues to spread, there's competition with the prickle pear at this rate.

IMG_7252.jpg
qC4cJJE.png
@lulumulumumu
I would love to see pics! I'm pretty limited in what native plants I can grow because the area I live in is pretty much naturally infertile and a lot of stuff is extinct, so I would to experience other plants in some way!
@lulumulumumu
I would love to see pics! I'm pretty limited in what native plants I can grow because the area I live in is pretty much naturally infertile and a lot of stuff is extinct, so I would to experience other plants in some way!
qC4cJJE.png
@Stolzieren
I Have a lot of butterflies around naturally, so I'm trying to make the area even better for them with things like more milkweed, coral honeysuckle, and various other smaller things. But what you're doing is on a whole other level! There's a couple of native blueberry species where I live so I'm going to stick them in the ground and see what works. (I don't really like pots for native plants, or in general because I never have enough.)
@Stolzieren
I Have a lot of butterflies around naturally, so I'm trying to make the area even better for them with things like more milkweed, coral honeysuckle, and various other smaller things. But what you're doing is on a whole other level! There's a couple of native blueberry species where I live so I'm going to stick them in the ground and see what works. (I don't really like pots for native plants, or in general because I never have enough.)
qC4cJJE.png
@BladeDancer
I'm growing some onions because my boyfriend wants to try them in different soils but to be honest, I suck at growing veggies, I have a history of not really doing anything about wildlife eating my plants as long as they are doing ok so whatever actually made it to the end of its growth would probably look inedible.
@BladeDancer
I'm growing some onions because my boyfriend wants to try them in different soils but to be honest, I suck at growing veggies, I have a history of not really doing anything about wildlife eating my plants as long as they are doing ok so whatever actually made it to the end of its growth would probably look inedible.
qC4cJJE.png
This is so cool, and I wish you all the luck with your plants! I'm terrible with plants personally, but every year I try to grow a few herbs in pots for use in cooking and tea, so this is actually really inspiring as I get ready to try again for the year.
This is so cool, and I wish you all the luck with your plants! I'm terrible with plants personally, but every year I try to grow a few herbs in pots for use in cooking and tea, so this is actually really inspiring as I get ready to try again for the year.
@ScrivenerRook
Good luck with the herbs! I personally love to grow lavender, but I don't end up using it for anything...
@ScrivenerRook
Good luck with the herbs! I personally love to grow lavender, but I don't end up using it for anything...
qC4cJJE.png
@PlagueOfFur
I love lavender in teas, but it's the one plant I cannot seem to keep alive for any reasonable amount of time. I think I keep drowning mine.
@PlagueOfFur
I love lavender in teas, but it's the one plant I cannot seem to keep alive for any reasonable amount of time. I think I keep drowning mine.
[center][b]Mulberry Tree[/b][/center] [b]Update 2:[/b] For some reason I never put this plant up in the first wave of updates, but here she is, it's been doing really well. The sugar sand and shade has been really good, it's taking off pretty fast for a tree. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618244377952780298/1095756027141554306/IMG_7250.jpg[/img] [b]Update 3:[/b] The tree was mostly unscathed from the storm, it has actually filled out quite a bit. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618244377952780298/1115699563815243846/IMG_7427.jpg[/img]
Mulberry Tree
Update 2:
For some reason I never put this plant up in the first wave of updates, but here she is, it's been doing really well. The sugar sand and shade has been really good, it's taking off pretty fast for a tree.

IMG_7250.jpg

Update 3:
The tree was mostly unscathed from the storm, it has actually filled out quite a bit.

IMG_7427.jpg
qC4cJJE.png
[center][b]Pooter[/b][/center] [b]Update 2:[/b] This weird plant lives in my house and follows me around. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618244377952780298/1095756029511340112/IMG_7254.jpg[/img]
Pooter
Update 2:
This weird plant lives in my house and follows me around.

IMG_7254.jpg
qC4cJJE.png
Ooo, what garden zone are you in? Checking in from 7a
Ooo, what garden zone are you in? Checking in from 7a
yjJhTxB.pngdeepsea_sword.png
1 2 3 4