Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Massive lag
Starting late last night (my time, which is 9hrs ahead of site time), the site became very laggy, every time a page loads it does a very visible going down the screen horizontally thing, which is really obnoxious, and the coli is really quite unplayable, it takes several seconds for anyone to move around, and then several more while they move back. It's enough to drive one mad trying to wait for it!
Starting late last night (my time, which is 9hrs ahead of site time), the site became very laggy, every time a page loads it does a very visible going down the screen horizontally thing, which is really obnoxious, and the coli is really quite unplayable, it takes several seconds for anyone to move around, and then several more while they move back. It's enough to drive one mad trying to wait for it!
Fnw48LX.png
@geekMonkey
Hi!
Have you tried running Flight Rising on a different browser to the one you currently play on? Or tested the lag on a different device such as a tablet or phone to see if it's a connection issue or computer one?
Have you also checked your internet connection speed? Flight Rising uses a lot more power than you might think to be able to run, and can lag on weaker internet connections.
Clearing your browser's cache may also help a little with lag, along with disabling any extensions/add-ons.
Let me know if anything changes. :)
@geekMonkey
Hi!
Have you tried running Flight Rising on a different browser to the one you currently play on? Or tested the lag on a different device such as a tablet or phone to see if it's a connection issue or computer one?
Have you also checked your internet connection speed? Flight Rising uses a lot more power than you might think to be able to run, and can lag on weaker internet connections.
Clearing your browser's cache may also help a little with lag, along with disabling any extensions/add-ons.
Let me know if anything changes. :)
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Mayana
I've been playing on here constantly since I joined at the last open window, nothing has changed on my end, and everything worked fine (well, not everything, Tidal Trouble works terribly and is always flashing to a black screen & back again, and the runes game is laggy) up until like 22 hours ago. I have zero extensions on this browser (Opera) as it's not even my main one, I can't play FR at all on Fx, tons of things on it don't work on there, and Tidal Trouble crashes it completely if I attempt to play. So I use my backup browser that's used for almost nothing else.

So, no, I can't really try it on another browser since it doesn't work on there at all, and I don't have a phone that it'd work on either. I suppose I can try clearing the cache, but that seems a rather random thing to have arbitrarily caused this. Also, I asked friends if they were having any issues and the one who got back to me said the coli was being super laggy for her as well this morning.
@Mayana
I've been playing on here constantly since I joined at the last open window, nothing has changed on my end, and everything worked fine (well, not everything, Tidal Trouble works terribly and is always flashing to a black screen & back again, and the runes game is laggy) up until like 22 hours ago. I have zero extensions on this browser (Opera) as it's not even my main one, I can't play FR at all on Fx, tons of things on it don't work on there, and Tidal Trouble crashes it completely if I attempt to play. So I use my backup browser that's used for almost nothing else.

So, no, I can't really try it on another browser since it doesn't work on there at all, and I don't have a phone that it'd work on either. I suppose I can try clearing the cache, but that seems a rather random thing to have arbitrarily caused this. Also, I asked friends if they were having any issues and the one who got back to me said the coli was being super laggy for her as well this morning.
Fnw48LX.png
@geekMonkey
I'm not entirely sure what else could be causing lag other than increased site traffic, possibly. However, the site is and has been working on my end fine at least, and some PCs do lag with the site from time to time.
I can look into seeing if there are other reports of lag, however at this moment in time I am not entirely sure if this is a site problem if I and others are not experiencing this same lag, which leads me to believe it could be either a device or a temporary internet provider issue. Do any other sites load slower for you lately, or just FR?

Please keep us updated on this too, and I'll keep an eye out for anything that could be of help.
@geekMonkey
I'm not entirely sure what else could be causing lag other than increased site traffic, possibly. However, the site is and has been working on my end fine at least, and some PCs do lag with the site from time to time.
I can look into seeing if there are other reports of lag, however at this moment in time I am not entirely sure if this is a site problem if I and others are not experiencing this same lag, which leads me to believe it could be either a device or a temporary internet provider issue. Do any other sites load slower for you lately, or just FR?

Please keep us updated on this too, and I'll keep an eye out for anything that could be of help.
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
Nope, not having any issues with any other sites, including using this browser. :|
Nope, not having any issues with any other sites, including using this browser. :|
Fnw48LX.png
@geekMonkey
That is very strange then. Is your browser fully updated? Did you try a cache clear?
I know some users found some lag alleviated after reinstalling their browsers, this could also be a good solution perhaps.
The site is definitely okay for me, but I will ask around also. D:
@geekMonkey
That is very strange then. Is your browser fully updated? Did you try a cache clear?
I know some users found some lag alleviated after reinstalling their browsers, this could also be a good solution perhaps.
The site is definitely okay for me, but I will ask around also. D:
Volunteer Moderator

It's not the most recent version, no, but they've changed the engine to something I don't like, so I'm not going to be updating it. And it works fine for anything else and was working fine until last night, so...

I did try clearing the cache, though without any expectation of it helping, alas, to no avail. I suppose I'll see what's what whenever I rebuild my computer (the next month or so, hopefully), but I'd really not like to have to avoid the coli until then. :/

ETA-
Hmm. My computer decided it was time to act up, so I restarted (again, it was restarted already), and now it seems to be acting better. Good news, though awfully perplexing.
It's not the most recent version, no, but they've changed the engine to something I don't like, so I'm not going to be updating it. And it works fine for anything else and was working fine until last night, so...

I did try clearing the cache, though without any expectation of it helping, alas, to no avail. I suppose I'll see what's what whenever I rebuild my computer (the next month or so, hopefully), but I'd really not like to have to avoid the coli until then. :/

ETA-
Hmm. My computer decided it was time to act up, so I restarted (again, it was restarted already), and now it seems to be acting better. Good news, though awfully perplexing.
Fnw48LX.png