Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | beating G&G VHM in 2 minutes or less?
hi! i just learned how to play Glimmer and Gloom on Very Hard Mode, but i always take 5+ minutes per round and i dont quite understand how to speed up the process when people say you can farm VHM in less than 2 minutes (and ideally, 30 seconds) and roughly less than 100 clicks/turns

ive read (and watched) multiple tutorials and understand
  • the basic "shift the tiles to the bottom right corner (for shadow to win)" trick
  • that clicking a single tile lights up adjacent tiles around it (in a hexagon shape) based on what tiles are already lit
  • to use this tool once ive shoved down single tiles into the designated selection area https://legofigure11.github.io/fr/glimmer-and-gloom/

does anyone have any tips on how to improve G&G playing speed on Very Hard mode to 2 minutes or less?

multiple guides tell me the solution how to complete the puzzle, and may demonstrate how fast they can complete a round, but they do not explain in detail key tips on how to specifically improve playing speed (other than just clicking faster lol)

not sure if im thinking too hard about something simple, but it would help a lot to keep G&G from being a super slow grindfest

thank you!
hi! i just learned how to play Glimmer and Gloom on Very Hard Mode, but i always take 5+ minutes per round and i dont quite understand how to speed up the process when people say you can farm VHM in less than 2 minutes (and ideally, 30 seconds) and roughly less than 100 clicks/turns

ive read (and watched) multiple tutorials and understand
  • the basic "shift the tiles to the bottom right corner (for shadow to win)" trick
  • that clicking a single tile lights up adjacent tiles around it (in a hexagon shape) based on what tiles are already lit
  • to use this tool once ive shoved down single tiles into the designated selection area https://legofigure11.github.io/fr/glimmer-and-gloom/

does anyone have any tips on how to improve G&G playing speed on Very Hard mode to 2 minutes or less?

multiple guides tell me the solution how to complete the puzzle, and may demonstrate how fast they can complete a round, but they do not explain in detail key tips on how to specifically improve playing speed (other than just clicking faster lol)

not sure if im thinking too hard about something simple, but it would help a lot to keep G&G from being a super slow grindfest

thank you!
@troia

Here's a youtube tutorial, which should help you see how other people are actually playing. Edit: Reread and realized you had already watched some video tutorials. It might still be helpful though...

So long as you are following the basic rule - click to the bottom right of tiles of the "wrong" color - there unfortunately isn't really any trick to it. Though, really thoroughly understanding how the tiles change makes it easier to click the next one faster, so it might be a matter of experience? Gritting your teeth through Easy mode (which is not easy) can help teach this...

I personally prefer Hard since having to check a tool annoys me - the payouts are somewhat similar, accounting for the difference in time. That might be easier?
@troia

Here's a youtube tutorial, which should help you see how other people are actually playing. Edit: Reread and realized you had already watched some video tutorials. It might still be helpful though...

So long as you are following the basic rule - click to the bottom right of tiles of the "wrong" color - there unfortunately isn't really any trick to it. Though, really thoroughly understanding how the tiles change makes it easier to click the next one faster, so it might be a matter of experience? Gritting your teeth through Easy mode (which is not easy) can help teach this...

I personally prefer Hard since having to check a tool annoys me - the payouts are somewhat similar, accounting for the difference in time. That might be easier?
@kasael

no worries, thank you for the suggestions! honestly i was wondering if i might be missing some trick but if there really isnt one other than pure practice & experience thats alright. i may try doing Hard just to grind faster!
@kasael

no worries, thank you for the suggestions! honestly i was wondering if i might be missing some trick but if there really isnt one other than pure practice & experience thats alright. i may try doing Hard just to grind faster!
@troia
I've been doing g&g vhm and I think I just got faster over time. It used to take me about 2 and 1/2 minutes, but overtime I've gotten faster, now at 57 secs - 1 min 5 secs. I also I use the 'auto' check on the tool, it makes it faster since I don't have to clear the board every time. It's faster for me than hard mode, but I know plenty of people who grind on hard and do it easily. I think in the end it just comes to pref and practice.
@troia
I've been doing g&g vhm and I think I just got faster over time. It used to take me about 2 and 1/2 minutes, but overtime I've gotten faster, now at 57 secs - 1 min 5 secs. I also I use the 'auto' check on the tool, it makes it faster since I don't have to clear the board every time. It's faster for me than hard mode, but I know plenty of people who grind on hard and do it easily. I think in the end it just comes to pref and practice.
@troia

I would actually recommend playing on Hard mode versus Very Hard. Just because there are guides that show how to complete Hard mode in-between 6 to 30 seconds per round. With a reward of 1600 treasure, it only takes me 15 minutes to max out the fairgrounds.

This is of course only if you're focused on making as much treasure as possible as quickly as possible.
@troia

I would actually recommend playing on Hard mode versus Very Hard. Just because there are guides that show how to complete Hard mode in-between 6 to 30 seconds per round. With a reward of 1600 treasure, it only takes me 15 minutes to max out the fairgrounds.

This is of course only if you're focused on making as much treasure as possible as quickly as possible.
The Seasonal Courts
Watermelons Unite!
Starborn Prophets
Nuvole Bianche
Oilbelisks
Untitled_Artwork_6.png
i use this tool instead of the one you're using and i tend to finish rounds like less than two minutes, so maybe it's that? explained here :)
i use this tool instead of the one you're using and i tend to finish rounds like less than two minutes, so maybe it's that? explained here :)
0f3f7b8b731cdf032a138f902992a590881da0bc.gif
f48af89b7bc7e030b61a5bc849531663d27e6ac3.gif
78d3041a52ef01dc82c1d65ac1568ea5b046f78a.gif
[quote name="Bluesette" date="2023-03-15 14:28:31" ] I would actually recommend playing on Hard mode versus Very Hard. Just because there are guides that show how to complete Hard mode in-between 6 to 30 seconds per round. With a reward of 1600 treasure, it only takes me 15 minutes to max out the fairgrounds. This is of course only if you're focused on making as much treasure as possible as quickly as possible. [/quote] I do hard mode as well mostly because I’ve memorized the patterns. There’s a lot less of them. That way I don’t have to flip between tabs and I can do it on mobile which I find faster.
Bluesette wrote on 2023-03-15 14:28:31:

I do hard mode as well mostly because I’ve memorized the patterns. There’s a lot less of them. That way I don’t have to flip between tabs and I can do it on mobile which I find faster.
mkpoaHZ.png
I don't know if you're already doing this but having your screen split to G&G window on one side and the tool on the other so you don't have to swap tabs would save some seconds. Other than that it just comes down to practice and with time you'd probably be able to anticipate the next click and finish it much faster.

Personally I got from a 1m30s clear from the beginning when I first learnt of the method to an average of 40-50s with 60-70 clicks per round on Very Hard now. Sometimes I'd get a sub 40s clear if I manage to get a pattern that requires only around 50 clicks.
I don't know if you're already doing this but having your screen split to G&G window on one side and the tool on the other so you don't have to swap tabs would save some seconds. Other than that it just comes down to practice and with time you'd probably be able to anticipate the next click and finish it much faster.

Personally I got from a 1m30s clear from the beginning when I first learnt of the method to an average of 40-50s with 60-70 clicks per round on Very Hard now. Sometimes I'd get a sub 40s clear if I manage to get a pattern that requires only around 50 clicks.
A cat with cupcake frosting on its head, base of tail, shoulder and hips. It also dons a pink apron and chef's hat. This image links to the original source of the art where it is purchased.

gOBFd.gif
A calico cat donned in striped apron and chef's hat. It is also carrying a kitchen whip with its mouth. This image links to the original source of the art where it is purchased.