Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Features to make G2+ dragons valuable?
1 2
Was talking to my friend the other day about what makes a dragon "valuable" and our discussion landed on the eyepocalypse at some point.

Initially, this update made it so any fresh G2+ that hatched had a chance to be a lot more valuable compared to G1s or older dragons which made breeding a good way to net even more cash or simply let you own rare dragons without having to buy them for crazy money.

But of course, the eyes had its flaws as no older dragon could ever get the new eyes unless vials were added but vials then made natural born special eyes less valuable which then made G2+ go back to their lower value.

So the question is, COULD there be anything the devs could add that would increase the value of certain G2+ that are just hatched while also not sparking the same problems with older dragons?

A visual feature would probably be a definite No as this is a visual game after all and making the prettiest dragon is the goal! So what else could be do?

My first idea was something like a "mark" system similar to pokemon where any dragon could get a random mark in their bio or somewhere else with a low chance if it happening. It doesn't change anything about the dragon visually but collecting random marks could be fun! Certain marks could be even more rare than others and certain ones could be linked to achievements to let older dragons earn marks too! Have a coli dragon that just defeated 50 bosses? The boss slayer mark has been added to the dragon etc!

This is just a random little idea my friend and I had which most likely will never become reality but I do wonder if maybe one day G2+ dragons could get that extra boost on the market
Was talking to my friend the other day about what makes a dragon "valuable" and our discussion landed on the eyepocalypse at some point.

Initially, this update made it so any fresh G2+ that hatched had a chance to be a lot more valuable compared to G1s or older dragons which made breeding a good way to net even more cash or simply let you own rare dragons without having to buy them for crazy money.

But of course, the eyes had its flaws as no older dragon could ever get the new eyes unless vials were added but vials then made natural born special eyes less valuable which then made G2+ go back to their lower value.

So the question is, COULD there be anything the devs could add that would increase the value of certain G2+ that are just hatched while also not sparking the same problems with older dragons?

A visual feature would probably be a definite No as this is a visual game after all and making the prettiest dragon is the goal! So what else could be do?

My first idea was something like a "mark" system similar to pokemon where any dragon could get a random mark in their bio or somewhere else with a low chance if it happening. It doesn't change anything about the dragon visually but collecting random marks could be fun! Certain marks could be even more rare than others and certain ones could be linked to achievements to let older dragons earn marks too! Have a coli dragon that just defeated 50 bosses? The boss slayer mark has been added to the dragon etc!

This is just a random little idea my friend and I had which most likely will never become reality but I do wonder if maybe one day G2+ dragons could get that extra boost on the market
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
I do not see why "grand old dragons ability get eny costomization" should have matter if postulated as main feature - "breed your dream dragon"

And if costomization should being prioritised above the breeding then rule "no change for ellement" sounds kinda sily.
I do not see why "grand old dragons ability get eny costomization" should have matter if postulated as main feature - "breed your dream dragon"

And if costomization should being prioritised above the breeding then rule "no change for ellement" sounds kinda sily.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I think you're conflating "value" with "rarity" here, as your concern is pretty much just on rarity. Which is of course an important aspect when it comes to value, but it's not the same thing.

For example, a dragon from a famous lineage, a glitched dragon, a dragon with rare colors, an interesting ID#, all increase value, but not all are about rarity.

But I love the idea of dragons earning little badges for certain achievements. I'd love one for a dragon that's been bred many times, to counter the prevailing opinion that bred dragons are worth less than non-bred :3
I think you're conflating "value" with "rarity" here, as your concern is pretty much just on rarity. Which is of course an important aspect when it comes to value, but it's not the same thing.

For example, a dragon from a famous lineage, a glitched dragon, a dragon with rare colors, an interesting ID#, all increase value, but not all are about rarity.

But I love the idea of dragons earning little badges for certain achievements. I'd love one for a dragon that's been bred many times, to counter the prevailing opinion that bred dragons are worth less than non-bred :3
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
[quote name="krondar" date="2023-02-01 08:26:32" ] I think you're conflating "value" with "rarity" here, as your concern is pretty much just on rarity. Which is of course an important aspect when it comes to value, but it's not the same thing. For example, a dragon from a famous lineage, a glitched dragon, a dragon with rare colors, an interesting ID#, all increase value, but not all are about rarity. But I love the idea of dragons earning little badges for certain achievements. I'd love one for a dragon that's been bred many times, to counter the prevailing opinion that bred dragons are worth less than non-bred :3 [/quote] Why you do conterpositioning all you name to rarity? Those all are definitely rare (ID is one to thousands or millions to named specially; liniage of exact dragon cupped with Max 5 at least once 15 days or longer; glitch are most unrepeatable, and those that are repeatable ask one exact circumstances and not so "valuable")
krondar wrote on 2023-02-01 08:26:32:

Why you do conterpositioning all you name to rarity?
Those all are definitely rare (ID is one to thousands or millions to named specially; liniage of exact dragon cupped with Max 5 at least once 15 days or longer; glitch are most unrepeatable, and those that are repeatable ask one exact circumstances and not so "valuable")

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
A dragon that has been bred lots of time has earned its value not on itself, but by the offspring it produced. A dragon with 100 offspring has produced at minimum 2400t x 100. I suppose you should divide that in half, as there's always a second dragon involved. If all those offspring were trained before exalting, the amount increases significantly.
A dragon that has been bred lots of time has earned its value not on itself, but by the offspring it produced. A dragon with 100 offspring has produced at minimum 2400t x 100. I suppose you should divide that in half, as there's always a second dragon involved. If all those offspring were trained before exalting, the amount increases significantly.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I do think there should be something added to the breeding mechanics to make breeding “fresh again.”

Possibly maybe something unrelated to customizing dragons aesthetically… As the spirit of the game is basically freedom of complete and total customization, minus the actual element/eye color of the dragon. (And even then, eye color problems is really a symptom of G1 addiction. G2+ dragons can basically be your dream dragon.

I’m thinking if the coli system were to be revamped, maybe future dragons could be bred to have different coli stats? Something similar to Pokémon IVs. Maybe adding different “personality types/fighting styles” that are based on what stats the dragon is born with?

I’m thinking this could be up to RNG instead of “genetics” as I can see how broken the coli would become if we could streamline the breeding of “perfect glass canons.”

Or maybe whenever PVP gets re-added, there’s two different sets of coli stats? One for monster battles and one for PVP? The PVP-stat-set being the one we can breed for. Where as Coliseum-Monster-Battles will remain the same as the current system.

Regardless if this idea has any weight, I’d just like to see a different way flights can compete with each other besides dominance, as well as something to encourage breeding for “profit.”*

Profit is in quotations, mostly because you can breed for profit, but it can be very difficult to grasp outside of straight mass-fodder-production.
I do think there should be something added to the breeding mechanics to make breeding “fresh again.”

Possibly maybe something unrelated to customizing dragons aesthetically… As the spirit of the game is basically freedom of complete and total customization, minus the actual element/eye color of the dragon. (And even then, eye color problems is really a symptom of G1 addiction. G2+ dragons can basically be your dream dragon.

I’m thinking if the coli system were to be revamped, maybe future dragons could be bred to have different coli stats? Something similar to Pokémon IVs. Maybe adding different “personality types/fighting styles” that are based on what stats the dragon is born with?

I’m thinking this could be up to RNG instead of “genetics” as I can see how broken the coli would become if we could streamline the breeding of “perfect glass canons.”

Or maybe whenever PVP gets re-added, there’s two different sets of coli stats? One for monster battles and one for PVP? The PVP-stat-set being the one we can breed for. Where as Coliseum-Monster-Battles will remain the same as the current system.

Regardless if this idea has any weight, I’d just like to see a different way flights can compete with each other besides dominance, as well as something to encourage breeding for “profit.”*

Profit is in quotations, mostly because you can breed for profit, but it can be very difficult to grasp outside of straight mass-fodder-production.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist

[Sale] Flaxen G1s
@Alkhor Seen dragon lineages with 100s of dragons in them, not especially rare. Some people (not me) despise rare color collectors because "there are billions of color combos so of course most are ""rare"" and shouldn't be priced any higher than fodder."

I missed out on saying that doubles and triples are generally more expensive, that's not rare whatsoever. I thought that was obvious.

Lastly, I did absolutely not counter position "all I said" to rarity. You quoted the part where I said "all increase value, but not all are about rarity" and still say that? idk what to tell you.

edit; you don't know about the glitched dragon market? So people will pay the exact same price for a permababy coatl with buttercup stitched (not glitched) as a snapper (glitched) in your eyes...?
@Alkhor Seen dragon lineages with 100s of dragons in them, not especially rare. Some people (not me) despise rare color collectors because "there are billions of color combos so of course most are ""rare"" and shouldn't be priced any higher than fodder."

I missed out on saying that doubles and triples are generally more expensive, that's not rare whatsoever. I thought that was obvious.

Lastly, I did absolutely not counter position "all I said" to rarity. You quoted the part where I said "all increase value, but not all are about rarity" and still say that? idk what to tell you.

edit; you don't know about the glitched dragon market? So people will pay the exact same price for a permababy coatl with buttercup stitched (not glitched) as a snapper (glitched) in your eyes...?
@krondar doubles are more valuedin reason there is inside tool to find em I am sure.
And as for snappers - as I see those sitting on AH for preaty low 15-30 g. Thus final price will be dragon price+EY scroll. Same true for coatl. I do not get maybe what you wanna say with it. (By the way there are no coatles on AH thus it definitely will cost more for buyer in the end in reason of cost gene an/or coatl scroll)
@krondar doubles are more valuedin reason there is inside tool to find em I am sure.
And as for snappers - as I see those sitting on AH for preaty low 15-30 g. Thus final price will be dragon price+EY scroll. Same true for coatl. I do not get maybe what you wanna say with it. (By the way there are no coatles on AH thus it definitely will cost more for buyer in the end in reason of cost gene an/or coatl scroll)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
@Alkhor Yeah, no idea what you're trying to say. I think you just missed my point in my first post. Bye!
@Alkhor Yeah, no idea what you're trying to say. I think you just missed my point in my first post. Bye!
[quote name="@Alkhor" date="2023-02-01 10:21:10" ] [quote name="krondar" date="2023-02-01 08:26:32" ] I think you're conflating "value" with "rarity" here, as your concern is pretty much just on rarity. Which is of course an important aspect when it comes to value, but it's not the same thing. For example, a dragon from a famous lineage, a glitched dragon, a dragon with rare colors, an interesting ID#, all increase value, but not all are about rarity. But I love the idea of dragons earning little badges for certain achievements. I'd love one for a dragon that's been bred many times, to counter the prevailing opinion that bred dragons are worth less than non-bred :3 [/quote] Why you do conterpositioning all you name to rarity? Those all are definitely rare (ID is one to thousands or millions to named specially; liniage of exact dragon cupped with Max 5 at least once 15 days or longer; glitch are most unrepeatable, and those that are repeatable ask one exact circumstances and not so "valuable") [/quote] Because it does not rely on RNG.
@Alkhor wrote on 2023-02-01 10:21:10:
krondar wrote on 2023-02-01 08:26:32:

Why you do conterpositioning all you name to rarity?
Those all are definitely rare (ID is one to thousands or millions to named specially; liniage of exact dragon cupped with Max 5 at least once 15 days or longer; glitch are most unrepeatable, and those that are repeatable ask one exact circumstances and not so "valuable")

Because it does not rely on RNG.
IMG_3849.png
1 2