Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Lifetime Awaits - 1x1 rp with WD
1 2
Narchari fought the urge to flinch when Atom landed on his nose, fully expecting another sharp shock. Instead, he received a friendly tap and word of approval from the little gem guardian. His shoulders sagged in relief as he rose to his full height, neck now tall and fully elongated.

"All is forgiven," Narchari insisted. His face twisted into a frown and his blue tongue peeked out as his mouth scrunched up in thought - he was clearly trying to think of the Common phrasing for the musical intonations, and having a difficult time translating the nature of the apology's acceptance. "No... bad feelings left" was the best he could muster, and sighed again. "Maybe... we might work together. Find fish and food, shiny things for making - for crafting!"

He ruffled his dark feathers again - the white sand still dusting them and making them look even more dull and muted. His heart sunk a little, hoping that his appearance alone wasn't enough. Still, she was an Imperial, and perhaps didn't hold the same suspicions other Coatl did.

"I've heard there are... many teasures here in the waters. Sunken ships. Pirates who bring bright stones and heavy gold."
Narchari fought the urge to flinch when Atom landed on his nose, fully expecting another sharp shock. Instead, he received a friendly tap and word of approval from the little gem guardian. His shoulders sagged in relief as he rose to his full height, neck now tall and fully elongated.

"All is forgiven," Narchari insisted. His face twisted into a frown and his blue tongue peeked out as his mouth scrunched up in thought - he was clearly trying to think of the Common phrasing for the musical intonations, and having a difficult time translating the nature of the apology's acceptance. "No... bad feelings left" was the best he could muster, and sighed again. "Maybe... we might work together. Find fish and food, shiny things for making - for crafting!"

He ruffled his dark feathers again - the white sand still dusting them and making them look even more dull and muted. His heart sunk a little, hoping that his appearance alone wasn't enough. Still, she was an Imperial, and perhaps didn't hold the same suspicions other Coatl did.

"I've heard there are... many teasures here in the waters. Sunken ships. Pirates who bring bright stones and heavy gold."
ytkEBod.png
mtHAEL4.png
kCHWEjf.png
mlHpBMC.png
UawspVz.png
11efmKl.png
XdKddgH.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/3y3A3RJ.png[/img] Ebovu was shocked when Atom flew over and tapped Narchari's nose, for he never did that with anyone. Even other dragons in her clan. He just didn't like other dragons, and preferred to stick around with Ebovu. So, she smiled slightly, before listening to the Coatl. Some words she could not make out - perhaps due to the Coatl's natural language. Yes, that was it. He was struggling with common, so had to use his natural language to help himself translate. Ebovu wished she could learn the language, however, she could not make the sounds outside of her mouth, so would only be able to hear. "Work together, you say?" Ebovu paused, before looking towards him, tilting her head. "I require a lot of sea slugs; one of our hatchlings only eats them, and sadly we believe she is inflicted with the everlasting youth. She is healthy, but will probably be a hatchling for the rest of her years, and we worry that if we have nothing for her to eat she will starve." She paused. "While we hunt some, we can try and explore the shipwrecks? I know some sea slugs make their homes in the shipwrecks."[/center]
3y3A3RJ.png

Ebovu was shocked when Atom flew over and tapped Narchari's nose, for he never did that with anyone. Even other dragons in her clan. He just didn't like other dragons, and preferred to stick around with Ebovu. So, she smiled slightly, before listening to the Coatl.

Some words she could not make out - perhaps due to the Coatl's natural language. Yes, that was it. He was struggling with common, so had to use his natural language to help himself translate. Ebovu wished she could learn the language, however, she could not make the sounds outside of her mouth, so would only be able to hear.

"Work together, you say?" Ebovu paused, before looking towards him, tilting her head. "I require a lot of sea slugs; one of our hatchlings only eats them, and sadly we believe she is inflicted with the everlasting youth. She is healthy, but will probably be a hatchling for the rest of her years, and we worry that if we have nothing for her to eat she will starve."

She paused. "While we hunt some, we can try and explore the shipwrecks? I know some sea slugs make their homes in the shipwrecks."
image0.jpg
Meet Shyanne and Sundew

Narchari nodded eagerly. He could use a dip in the cool waves - the sand was digging into his soft skin and grating between his feathers. At least the ocean could wash away. Of course, he would need a bath in non-salt water afterwards, but anything to get him clean in the moment would be blessed relief.

"I will help you hunt sea slugs, and look for trinkets as we do. Perhaps - "

A disgruntled noise sounded from his chest, and Narchari trilled softly. He gently plucked at the tied knot with his claws, causing the bindings around his chest to unravel and allow his familiar some freedom.

"This is - how do you say Bauble in Common - Bauble. He is my friend, the way Atom is yours. They may keep one another company while we dive." The Coatl carefully adjusted his goggles, making sure they fit snugly against his face, offering a small and slightly goofy smile to the Imperial.

"Lead the way. Please show me where you hunt."

Narchari nodded eagerly. He could use a dip in the cool waves - the sand was digging into his soft skin and grating between his feathers. At least the ocean could wash away. Of course, he would need a bath in non-salt water afterwards, but anything to get him clean in the moment would be blessed relief.

"I will help you hunt sea slugs, and look for trinkets as we do. Perhaps - "

A disgruntled noise sounded from his chest, and Narchari trilled softly. He gently plucked at the tied knot with his claws, causing the bindings around his chest to unravel and allow his familiar some freedom.

"This is - how do you say Bauble in Common - Bauble. He is my friend, the way Atom is yours. They may keep one another company while we dive." The Coatl carefully adjusted his goggles, making sure they fit snugly against his face, offering a small and slightly goofy smile to the Imperial.

"Lead the way. Please show me where you hunt."
ytkEBod.png
mtHAEL4.png
kCHWEjf.png
mlHpBMC.png
UawspVz.png
11efmKl.png
XdKddgH.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/yL1g0OO.png[/img] Smiling slightly, the large Imperial shook out her scales and looked at Atom, who looked back at her, huffed, and hid back in the bag. "No water. No wet. No salt!" The small familiar spoke, grumbling. He never liked salt water, especially outside the lightning domain. Shaking her head, she smiled at Narchari. "Unfortunately Atom doesn't like salt water that much, he says it makes his gem too scratched, and conducts his electricity too much. I'll move him and my bag to those trees over there." She said, nodding towards some trees just past the beach. Smiling, she picked up her bag, and flew towards the tree line, hanging it on a branch. "Protect the bag instead of sleeping this time, Atom." She said, laughing at his annoyed expression as he curled up around the bag. She smiled at her beloved familiar, reaching her nose out to allow him to tap her on the nose. Moving back towards the Coatl, shook herself off. "Come on! I know the best spot for slugs, and right next to it is a shipwreck I haven't explored yet, so we should definitely go and check it out! I'm pretty sure there might be some pearls and jewels in it, so it'd be really cool!" Without waiting for him, she leaped into the air, before diving into the water, closing her third eyelid like a crocodile so she could see without the water harming her eyes. She floated underwater, waiting for him to leap in too, her mane of fur flowing in the current.[/center]
yL1g0OO.png

Smiling slightly, the large Imperial shook out her scales and looked at Atom, who looked back at her, huffed, and hid back in the bag.

"No water. No wet. No salt!" The small familiar spoke, grumbling. He never liked salt water, especially outside the lightning domain. Shaking her head, she smiled at Narchari.

"Unfortunately Atom doesn't like salt water that much, he says it makes his gem too scratched, and conducts his electricity too much. I'll move him and my bag to those trees over there." She said, nodding towards some trees just past the beach.

Smiling, she picked up her bag, and flew towards the tree line, hanging it on a branch.

"Protect the bag instead of sleeping this time, Atom." She said, laughing at his annoyed expression as he curled up around the bag. She smiled at her beloved familiar, reaching her nose out to allow him to tap her on the nose.

Moving back towards the Coatl, shook herself off. "Come on! I know the best spot for slugs, and right next to it is a shipwreck I haven't explored yet, so we should definitely go and check it out! I'm pretty sure there might be some pearls and jewels in it, so it'd be really cool!"

Without waiting for him, she leaped into the air, before diving into the water, closing her third eyelid like a crocodile so she could see without the water harming her eyes. She floated underwater, waiting for him to leap in too, her mane of fur flowing in the current.
image0.jpg
Meet Shyanne and Sundew

Narchari followed in Ebovu's footsteps eagerly, Bauble right at his tail. He watched as she hung her pouch from a high-up treebranch, and quickly fashioned something similar from the green cloth used to swaddle. Tied between two trunks was a makeshift hammock that would not have its knots come undone until it was time to leave - the Coatl gently scooped his Shellion friend up, brushed off the slight bit of sand that had gathered on him, and plunked him neatly in the cloth swing. The hammock swayed gently in the wind, and before he'd realized what had happened, Ebovu called to him and dove right into the glimmering waves.

The Coatl was not far behind, flying high into the air and diving down into a cacophony of bubbles that tickled his feathers and sides. His own eyes were protected from the saltwater by the goggles that fit snugly and comfortably against his face - the goggles that helped clear up his vision in the first place.

Water had done wonders for washing away the sand and singe - his body now felt cool as he paddled through the waves, fighting to keep up the pace Ebovu had set. Seeing her waiting in the clear blue, however... it only served to enhance the Imperial's stunning coloration.

He swam slightly closer, offering a nod to show he was ready to continue, to follow her lead.

Narchari followed in Ebovu's footsteps eagerly, Bauble right at his tail. He watched as she hung her pouch from a high-up treebranch, and quickly fashioned something similar from the green cloth used to swaddle. Tied between two trunks was a makeshift hammock that would not have its knots come undone until it was time to leave - the Coatl gently scooped his Shellion friend up, brushed off the slight bit of sand that had gathered on him, and plunked him neatly in the cloth swing. The hammock swayed gently in the wind, and before he'd realized what had happened, Ebovu called to him and dove right into the glimmering waves.

The Coatl was not far behind, flying high into the air and diving down into a cacophony of bubbles that tickled his feathers and sides. His own eyes were protected from the saltwater by the goggles that fit snugly and comfortably against his face - the goggles that helped clear up his vision in the first place.

Water had done wonders for washing away the sand and singe - his body now felt cool as he paddled through the waves, fighting to keep up the pace Ebovu had set. Seeing her waiting in the clear blue, however... it only served to enhance the Imperial's stunning coloration.

He swam slightly closer, offering a nod to show he was ready to continue, to follow her lead.
ytkEBod.png
mtHAEL4.png
kCHWEjf.png
mlHpBMC.png
UawspVz.png
11efmKl.png
XdKddgH.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/dtRXu4K.png[/img] Ebovu watched Narchari swim closer, before she dived once again, weaving her way through the water towards the ship wreck she had seen before. She admired some of the fish, some of which were almost as big as her head. She normally didn't see fish that big, however, in the Tidelord's realm they grew massive for the waters were calm, the perfect temperature, and almost always covered in coral. Which, by the looks of it, was where the shipwreck was. Swimming closer, Ebovu poked her head into the ship, feeling claustrophobic, as it was such a small space for a large dragon like her. She paused, turning to make sure Narchari was following, before making her way inside. Swimming around the ship, she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Yes, there were some chests but she thought Narchari would like to open them. No, she was looking for something for the young hatchlings to play with. And sea slugs of course. She paused, before reaching out and grabbing some slugs off the wooden, rotting sides of the ship. Spinning around, she found her way in the ship towards where the captain may have lived. The quarters were bigger, and more luxurious, so she assumed that that was something important. Squeezing inside, probably breaking some of the wood, she looked around, before her eyes caught something. A telescope, looking like the Tricky Telescope familiar, however, this wasn't alive, or had ever been alive. Perhaps it was designed after the familiar? [item=tricky telescope] Moving towards it, she studied it, noting the rust on the sides. Definitely not a familiar. Possibly created by those who made these ships.
dtRXu4K.png

Ebovu watched Narchari swim closer, before she dived once again, weaving her way through the water towards the ship wreck she had seen before. She admired some of the fish, some of which were almost as big as her head. She normally didn't see fish that big, however, in the Tidelord's realm they grew massive for the waters were calm, the perfect temperature, and almost always covered in coral.

Which, by the looks of it, was where the shipwreck was. Swimming closer, Ebovu poked her head into the ship, feeling claustrophobic, as it was such a small space for a large dragon like her. She paused, turning to make sure Narchari was following, before making her way inside.

Swimming around the ship, she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Yes, there were some chests but she thought Narchari would like to open them. No, she was looking for something for the young hatchlings to play with. And sea slugs of course. She paused, before reaching out and grabbing some slugs off the wooden, rotting sides of the ship.

Spinning around, she found her way in the ship towards where the captain may have lived. The quarters were bigger, and more luxurious, so she assumed that that was something important. Squeezing inside, probably breaking some of the wood, she looked around, before her eyes caught something. A telescope, looking like the Tricky Telescope familiar, however, this wasn't alive, or had ever been alive. Perhaps it was designed after the familiar?

Tricky Telescope

Moving towards it, she studied it, noting the rust on the sides. Definitely not a familiar. Possibly created by those who made these ships.
image0.jpg
Meet Shyanne and Sundew
1 2