Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want to host a Flight Rising panel!
1 2 3
This is exactly what it says. I've been in this game for a while. Over 8 years, I think at this point. I'm usually involved in irl gaming/anime conventions, and for a while I've been mulling over trying to host a Flight Rising panel at a local convention. I won't say where as a thing(tm) but I would love to know that if, you, the reader, had a chance to see a Flight Rising panel at a convention you were attending, if you'd go and what you think would be a good discussion at said panel!

(PS I don't know how to get ahold of FR staff directly and ask if they'd be ok with something like that. I love this site and I would love to be able to share that with new people. Something about introducing people to what could be a new favorite thing!)
This is exactly what it says. I've been in this game for a while. Over 8 years, I think at this point. I'm usually involved in irl gaming/anime conventions, and for a while I've been mulling over trying to host a Flight Rising panel at a local convention. I won't say where as a thing(tm) but I would love to know that if, you, the reader, had a chance to see a Flight Rising panel at a convention you were attending, if you'd go and what you think would be a good discussion at said panel!

(PS I don't know how to get ahold of FR staff directly and ask if they'd be ok with something like that. I love this site and I would love to be able to share that with new people. Something about introducing people to what could be a new favorite thing!)
I wouldn't go, but mostly because I probably wouldn't have the means unless the panel was close to me. It seems like an awesome idea though, and I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to travel further than I would to attend!
I wouldn't go, but mostly because I probably wouldn't have the means unless the panel was close to me. It seems like an awesome idea though, and I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to travel further than I would to attend!
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
@Konigen click on the "Support" text below Encyclopedia and then click on "Contact Us", which allows you to submit tickets/messages directly to staff.
I don't go to conventions so I wouldn't attend, but I'd like to see more Flight Rising content on YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
@Konigen click on the "Support" text below Encyclopedia and then click on "Contact Us", which allows you to submit tickets/messages directly to staff.
I don't go to conventions so I wouldn't attend, but I'd like to see more Flight Rising content on YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
@doubleO Thanks! I've got to hammer out something workable before I really approach the staff with my questions about if they'd be cool with it.
@doubleO Thanks! I've got to hammer out something workable before I really approach the staff with my questions about if they'd be cool with it.
@minim Like, if you had the chance to tell people something you enjoy about Flight Rising, what would you say?

I already plan to talk about the creative outlets FR gives to players, not just the colors and dress up aspects, but the forum culture and the skin/accent system, as a big draw.
@minim Like, if you had the chance to tell people something you enjoy about Flight Rising, what would you say?

I already plan to talk about the creative outlets FR gives to players, not just the colors and dress up aspects, but the forum culture and the skin/accent system, as a big draw.
@konigen I think I would talk about how the simple gameplay keeps me hooked, because the dailies themselves are a very small time sink each day but using those rewards to purchase/customise my dragons feels very rewarding, and there isn't an awful lot of content that feels "locked away" despite the fact that the game is free with optional purchases.

I find a lot of normal games very difficult to stay invested in, I normally go all-in for a couple months and never play again afterwards, but I have been playing FR daily for almost 5 YEARS. There's just something about it that doesn't get old, partially thanks to the very regular updates from a dedicated team of developers. I'm endlessly thankful for the hard work of the dev team that really makes the game special.
@konigen I think I would talk about how the simple gameplay keeps me hooked, because the dailies themselves are a very small time sink each day but using those rewards to purchase/customise my dragons feels very rewarding, and there isn't an awful lot of content that feels "locked away" despite the fact that the game is free with optional purchases.

I find a lot of normal games very difficult to stay invested in, I normally go all-in for a couple months and never play again afterwards, but I have been playing FR daily for almost 5 YEARS. There's just something about it that doesn't get old, partially thanks to the very regular updates from a dedicated team of developers. I'm endlessly thankful for the hard work of the dev team that really makes the game special.
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
Just had a thing dawn on me: panels can be streamed online.

Both as a strictly online-only youtube stream (art stream/interview) and a stream from a physical location.

The ones that I saw streamed from locations were usually after the fact like interviews, lecture/seminar presentations, talk show/game show style, etc.

Not sure what the best format would be for attracting newbies to the site, but hopefully these present a few ideas.

Both as a strictly online-only youtube stream (art stream/interview) and a stream from a physical location.

The ones that I saw streamed from locations were usually after the fact like interviews, lecture/seminar presentations, talk show/game show style, etc.

Not sure what the best format would be for attracting newbies to the site, but hopefully these present a few ideas.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-01-28 09:58:14" ] Just had a thing dawn on me: panels can be streamed online. Both as a strictly online-only youtube stream (art stream/interview) and a stream from a physical location. The ones that I saw streamed from locations were usually after the fact like interviews, lecture/seminar presentations, talk show/game show style, etc. Not sure what the best format would be for attracting newbies to the site, but hopefully these present a few ideas. [/quote] Wow, this is a great idea, and would make it a lot more accessible!
DoubleO wrote on 2023-01-28 09:58:14:

Wow, this is a great idea, and would make it a lot more accessible!
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
I would love an online format!!!
I would love an online format!!!
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
G1 WCs for Sale
Fans run panels for the media and hobbies they love all the time. :) As long as you're not advertising it as an official panel and get the permission of the convention, it's totally fine to run one, and we're flattered that you would consider it!

If you do it at a convention, I might recommend making the topic a bit more broad. Flight Rising is a part of a niche genre. If you broaded the topic to "Virtual Pet Sites: From Neopets, to Flight Rising, Chicken Smoothie, Lioden, and Beyond***!" you'd be able to have more things to fill the panel with and might attract a larger audience that still has a love of pet sites in common. :)

***insert pet sites you're enthusiastic about here. I only included some of the bigger ones that I know of in my example. There are also many smaller and mid-size ones that are excellent!
Fans run panels for the media and hobbies they love all the time. :) As long as you're not advertising it as an official panel and get the permission of the convention, it's totally fine to run one, and we're flattered that you would consider it!

If you do it at a convention, I might recommend making the topic a bit more broad. Flight Rising is a part of a niche genre. If you broaded the topic to "Virtual Pet Sites: From Neopets, to Flight Rising, Chicken Smoothie, Lioden, and Beyond***!" you'd be able to have more things to fill the panel with and might attract a larger audience that still has a love of pet sites in common. :)

***insert pet sites you're enthusiastic about here. I only included some of the bigger ones that I know of in my example. There are also many smaller and mid-size ones that are excellent!
1 2 3