Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | any movie recommendations?
1 2 3
Some of the movies that randomly popped into my head are Slumberland and Del Toro's Pinocchio.

+1 for Annihilation too. It is to me one of the best movies I've seen.
Some of the movies that randomly popped into my head are Slumberland and Del Toro's Pinocchio.

+1 for Annihilation too. It is to me one of the best movies I've seen.
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
Naked Gun 1-3, Airplane, 1986 Transformers
Naked Gun 1-3, Airplane, 1986 Transformers
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. ~ Samuel Adams
new world (2013)!! it's a korean crime drama and soooo good. my favorite movie of all time. :)
new world (2013)!! it's a korean crime drama and soooo good. my favorite movie of all time. :)
JrZGMGx.png
4SzSxLW.png
UqlBGwo.png
i love when tragedies are like “the love was there. it didnt change anything.
it didnt save anyone. there were just too many forces against it.
but it still matters that the love was there.”
keelah se'lai
A couple of my favorites are...

The Grand Budapest Hotel! I recently watched it and it is AMAZING. If you've seen the movie Clue, you'll appreciate it...

Black Panther is a longtime favorite of mine.

And also, Jurassic Park/Jurassic World are both excellent!
A couple of my favorites are...

The Grand Budapest Hotel! I recently watched it and it is AMAZING. If you've seen the movie Clue, you'll appreciate it...

Black Panther is a longtime favorite of mine.

And also, Jurassic Park/Jurassic World are both excellent!
pTLeVCs.png Nature2_zpse8rs2svj.gif 5kRkxhJ.png
Maybe you watched these already but I really enjoyed Interstella & Martian c:

Oh and Inception too!
Maybe you watched these already but I really enjoyed Interstella & Martian c:

Oh and Inception too!
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
Seconding Dune, Interstellar & Annihilation! Anything by Guillermo del Toro is also a solid choice in my experience, The Shape of the Water & Pacific Rim are some of my all time favorites.
Some other movies I loved that I watched recently would have to be-

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse (2018) - Whether you like animation or not, I think everyone should watch this movie at least once. I don't care for MCU Spiderman; but I LOVED Spiderverse.

New Gods: Nezha Reborn (2021) - A very very solid animated movie, beautiful character designs, enjoyable plot and with it being a Chinese production, it's honestly just great to see more countries staking a claim in the field of animation other than the US and Japan.

All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) - A German production, about the bleak reality of WW1 from the trenches on the German side of the war. I will put a warning and say this movie is very very bleak and heavy, but so so well directed and beautiful in its own way. If you like war movies, you'll likely appreciate this one.
Seconding Dune, Interstellar & Annihilation! Anything by Guillermo del Toro is also a solid choice in my experience, The Shape of the Water & Pacific Rim are some of my all time favorites.
Some other movies I loved that I watched recently would have to be-

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse (2018) - Whether you like animation or not, I think everyone should watch this movie at least once. I don't care for MCU Spiderman; but I LOVED Spiderverse.

New Gods: Nezha Reborn (2021) - A very very solid animated movie, beautiful character designs, enjoyable plot and with it being a Chinese production, it's honestly just great to see more countries staking a claim in the field of animation other than the US and Japan.

All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) - A German production, about the bleak reality of WW1 from the trenches on the German side of the war. I will put a warning and say this movie is very very bleak and heavy, but so so well directed and beautiful in its own way. If you like war movies, you'll likely appreciate this one.
Nocta | she/they | +10 FR time
"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope."
6pMAXtp.jpg
Honestly :
The Breadwinner by Cartoon Saloon, It's got a beautiful story and gorgeous animation & art style. It's about a girl under Taliban rule who disguises herself as a boy in order to earn money for her family. It deals with Dark topics but is a very good movie

A lot of people haven't seen Nausicaa so I'll recommend that one. A post apocalyptic future in which humanity lives in fear of the constantly encroaching Toxic Jungle (caused by their own pollution) , a princess has to save the Ohms & her people from a vicious warmongering nation .Not recommended for very young children(7>)

Wolfwalkers is another gorgeous piece by Cartoon Saloon . A young English girl ventures beyond the walls of her puritan settlement in 1800s Ireland in order to hunt wolves like her father ,only to find out that Wolfwalkers are very ,very real.
Honestly :
The Breadwinner by Cartoon Saloon, It's got a beautiful story and gorgeous animation & art style. It's about a girl under Taliban rule who disguises herself as a boy in order to earn money for her family. It deals with Dark topics but is a very good movie

A lot of people haven't seen Nausicaa so I'll recommend that one. A post apocalyptic future in which humanity lives in fear of the constantly encroaching Toxic Jungle (caused by their own pollution) , a princess has to save the Ohms & her people from a vicious warmongering nation .Not recommended for very young children(7>)

Wolfwalkers is another gorgeous piece by Cartoon Saloon . A young English girl ventures beyond the walls of her puritan settlement in 1800s Ireland in order to hunt wolves like her father ,only to find out that Wolfwalkers are very ,very real.
a little update - I've watched nope, glass onion, pinocchio as per everyone's suggestions and enjoyed them tremendously! i also watched the menu and banshees of inisherin, which were also so so good :) i'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the suggested movies, i'm really enjoying my time catching up
a little update - I've watched nope, glass onion, pinocchio as per everyone's suggestions and enjoyed them tremendously! i also watched the menu and banshees of inisherin, which were also so so good :) i'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the suggested movies, i'm really enjoying my time catching up
markicha | she/her | +11 fr time
english is not my first language!

wishlist | adoptables | avatar
shwx1Vv.gifi'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy shwx1Vv.gif
I higly reccommend any M night shyamalan movie! His writing style is very enjoyable, and all his movies have a fascinating twist at the end!

My favorites include:
Old- a family goes on vacation at a resort, but when they get to the beach, time seems to have sped up, so they all start aging rapidly, and they can’t leave the beach

Unbreakable- a man somehow survives a train crash that killed everyone on the train, yet he came out without a scratch (the sequels Split and Glass were also really good)

The sixth sense- a boy that can see dead people (a lot of people have heard of this one, but still)

Other than m night shyamalan movies, if you’re into horror-ish movies, I recommend 28 days later. It’s the original inspiration for the walking dead tv series, and the soundtrack is very good :)
I higly reccommend any M night shyamalan movie! His writing style is very enjoyable, and all his movies have a fascinating twist at the end!

My favorites include:
Old- a family goes on vacation at a resort, but when they get to the beach, time seems to have sped up, so they all start aging rapidly, and they can’t leave the beach

Unbreakable- a man somehow survives a train crash that killed everyone on the train, yet he came out without a scratch (the sequels Split and Glass were also really good)

The sixth sense- a boy that can see dead people (a lot of people have heard of this one, but still)

Other than m night shyamalan movies, if you’re into horror-ish movies, I recommend 28 days later. It’s the original inspiration for the walking dead tv series, and the soundtrack is very good :)
Call me Soli!
She/her
I'm always subbed
Fr +0
Minor
1rAc41Y.gif Art Shop
Clan Directory
68031594.png
wqnTQE2.png Tm63Ief.pngezgif-4-4eb770cf62.gif
Avatar: The Way of Water (just for fun)
The Vanishing (2018)
Wendell and Wild
The Lighthouse
The Wonder
I Lost My Body

all very good and most are accessible on streaming platforms :)
Avatar: The Way of Water (just for fun)
The Vanishing (2018)
Wendell and Wild
The Lighthouse
The Wonder
I Lost My Body

all very good and most are accessible on streaming platforms :)
kiKtBfq.png
1 2 3