Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Age
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
@springacres I am still monitoring this thread daily, but I'm super busy with school/work/ect. I have been trying to avoid posting until I finish some DAO fanart. Looks like that won't be happening for a while, now. XD I've got an Origins playthrough going right now, too. For the first time ever--and this is coming from someone who has played through over 20 times--my warden is super religious and kind to everyone. It physically pains me to choose answers. ...Still not sure if I want to celibately romance Leliana, or let Zevran corrupt my darling innocence. Aah, choices.
@springacres I am still monitoring this thread daily, but I'm super busy with school/work/ect. I have been trying to avoid posting until I finish some DAO fanart. Looks like that won't be happening for a while, now. XD I've got an Origins playthrough going right now, too. For the first time ever--and this is coming from someone who has played through over 20 times--my warden is super religious and kind to everyone. It physically pains me to choose answers. ...Still not sure if I want to celibately romance Leliana, or let Zevran corrupt my darling innocence. Aah, choices.
169s4cp.jpg
@Casanova My Warden isn't super religious (elf mage, grandmother was Dalish) but he does at least try to be fair to most people. Except the ones who behave as though they're above the rules. (Loghain, Avernus, Sophia Dryden, Zathrian and Bhelen, I'm looking at you...)

Oh, and he's firmly convinced that Orzammar would be a much better place if members of the Assembly settled all their disputes succession problems by fighting each other in Provings. Or, more appropriately, having the candidates fight each other one-on-one.
@Casanova My Warden isn't super religious (elf mage, grandmother was Dalish) but he does at least try to be fair to most people. Except the ones who behave as though they're above the rules. (Loghain, Avernus, Sophia Dryden, Zathrian and Bhelen, I'm looking at you...)

Oh, and he's firmly convinced that Orzammar would be a much better place if members of the Assembly settled all their disputes succession problems by fighting each other in Provings. Or, more appropriately, having the candidates fight each other one-on-one.
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Hoarder of thistle dragons.
@springacres
I've not been on except to feed my dragons; I've been bulldozing through DA2 and weeping.

But I beat it and now I'm just D: No.

Now I've got to finish my "bad guy" mage in Origins and then do DA2 again and then write fix-it-fiction and repeat until my eyes bleed or Inquisition comes out. Whichever.

@Casanova
I like to play my Cousland as an Adrastian, not to Sebastian Vael-levels but kind of like Leliana, willing to do whatever is needed and pray for forgiveness later. All of my other plays are strictly against the Chantry though.

and @Springacres again
My dwarf wardens would agree with you. I think most of the noble dwarven problems would be solved if they didn't work through champions but with their own power. Or it'd at least be more honest.
@springacres
I've not been on except to feed my dragons; I've been bulldozing through DA2 and weeping.

But I beat it and now I'm just D: No.

Now I've got to finish my "bad guy" mage in Origins and then do DA2 again and then write fix-it-fiction and repeat until my eyes bleed or Inquisition comes out. Whichever.

@Casanova
I like to play my Cousland as an Adrastian, not to Sebastian Vael-levels but kind of like Leliana, willing to do whatever is needed and pray for forgiveness later. All of my other plays are strictly against the Chantry though.

and @Springacres again
My dwarf wardens would agree with you. I think most of the noble dwarven problems would be solved if they didn't work through champions but with their own power. Or it'd at least be more honest.
So I finally decided that between the cost of lair expansions and the possibility that multiple tries would be needed to breed my Zevran, it actually made more sense to simply re-gene and rename the PC male I already had... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4270302] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/42704/4270302_350.png[/img] [/url] and only THEN did I realize HE EVEN HAD THE RIGHT COLOR EYES.
So I finally decided that between the cost of lair expansions and the possibility that multiple tries would be needed to breed my Zevran, it actually made more sense to simply re-gene and rename the PC male I already had...

4270302_350.png

and only THEN did I realize HE EVEN HAD THE RIGHT COLOR EYES.

My Cousland, Mahariel, and Aeducan are my firmly religious wardens, with the rest of my Wardens being agnostic with various religious leanings. (Tabris exhibits a blend of Andrastian and Dalish, for instance.)

@Springacres @ApplesandAliens - I think my Aeducan would initially agree with the sentiment, while my Brosca would be firmly against it.

And @Springacres - Whoa that's a really, really nice dragon and pretty much perfect for Zevran.
My Cousland, Mahariel, and Aeducan are my firmly religious wardens, with the rest of my Wardens being agnostic with various religious leanings. (Tabris exhibits a blend of Andrastian and Dalish, for instance.)

@Springacres @ApplesandAliens - I think my Aeducan would initially agree with the sentiment, while my Brosca would be firmly against it.

And @Springacres - Whoa that's a really, really nice dragon and pretty much perfect for Zevran.
Serpentenial Art! Click to see amazing art at low prices!
@ProdigalKnight thanks! I felt like such an idiot for not having realized before how perfect he was :3

And my M!Surana is open-minded about religion, though honestly he's more drawn to the Dalish pantheon than to Andrastianism and the Chantry. He struggles with the idea that the Chantry honored Shartan, yet dealt so dishonorably with those of his people who refused to accept the Maker afterwards... and then there's the Chantry's statement that the Maker deliberately abandoned his creations, which my Warden finds difficult to swallow. It's much easier for him to believe that if the gods stay out of this world, it's because they were tricked into leaving it by one of their own number.
@ProdigalKnight thanks! I felt like such an idiot for not having realized before how perfect he was :3

And my M!Surana is open-minded about religion, though honestly he's more drawn to the Dalish pantheon than to Andrastianism and the Chantry. He struggles with the idea that the Chantry honored Shartan, yet dealt so dishonorably with those of his people who refused to accept the Maker afterwards... and then there's the Chantry's statement that the Maker deliberately abandoned his creations, which my Warden finds difficult to swallow. It's much easier for him to believe that if the gods stay out of this world, it's because they were tricked into leaving it by one of their own number.

I can't wait for DA:I and I hope there is a variety of dragon breeds not just one type.
I can't wait for DA:I and I hope there is a variety of dragon breeds not just one type.
I DID IT. I FINISHED AN ORIGINS PLAYTHROUGH!

And of course did Witch Hunt right after, which left my poor not-in-the-least-interested-in-Morrigan elf mage at some serious loose ends because the whole thing seemed to posit that a) he HAD had a romance with Morrigan or b) that he was the one who completed the ritual, at the very least (wrong, on both counts) It definitely lacked the depth of Leliana's Song; it felt more like it should have been a side quest in Awakening or DA2 than its own separate campaign. There just seemed to be so much more there that BioWare could have done, especially with the elven history bit.
I DID IT. I FINISHED AN ORIGINS PLAYTHROUGH!

And of course did Witch Hunt right after, which left my poor not-in-the-least-interested-in-Morrigan elf mage at some serious loose ends because the whole thing seemed to posit that a) he HAD had a romance with Morrigan or b) that he was the one who completed the ritual, at the very least (wrong, on both counts) It definitely lacked the depth of Leliana's Song; it felt more like it should have been a side quest in Awakening or DA2 than its own separate campaign. There just seemed to be so much more there that BioWare could have done, especially with the elven history bit.

Reviving this thread? Maybe? Okay, not really.

I just think this thread (along with the Zevran thread) totally need to make a comeback. I found out recently that Solas is romancable only for elf females, which means both elf romances are only for women! Totally not fair! I need me some hot man elf/elf action to make me feel better about my slender frame and short stature! I also found out that Blackwall is also a romance--again only for women. It makes sense, but it's kind of disappointing, since as a bisexual man I'm not really crazy about my romance options. I'll probably go with Dorian because that mustache is pretty hot, but darn it I will miss all my gay elf-love.
Reviving this thread? Maybe? Okay, not really.

I just think this thread (along with the Zevran thread) totally need to make a comeback. I found out recently that Solas is romancable only for elf females, which means both elf romances are only for women! Totally not fair! I need me some hot man elf/elf action to make me feel better about my slender frame and short stature! I also found out that Blackwall is also a romance--again only for women. It makes sense, but it's kind of disappointing, since as a bisexual man I'm not really crazy about my romance options. I'll probably go with Dorian because that mustache is pretty hot, but darn it I will miss all my gay elf-love.
169s4cp.jpg
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35