Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Trigun Stampede?
1 2
Given that it’s first episode just aired today, I wanna know some other peoples thoughts on it!

I’m having a hard time trying to remember myself that this isn’t a retelling, it’s a reinterpretation. Regardless of that though, the animation is stellar! It goes far above and beyond what I expected for it! I’m a bit worried about the story and characterization given what’s been shown thus far, but also given that it’s only the first episode it feels a bit too soon to judge too harshly.
Given that it’s first episode just aired today, I wanna know some other peoples thoughts on it!

I’m having a hard time trying to remember myself that this isn’t a retelling, it’s a reinterpretation. Regardless of that though, the animation is stellar! It goes far above and beyond what I expected for it! I’m a bit worried about the story and characterization given what’s been shown thus far, but also given that it’s only the first episode it feels a bit too soon to judge too harshly.
Aaaa I didn't know it was already out! Time flies. I saw the previews and the animation looks stellar but I just can't get over Vash's new hair style. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but like, yeah. I'll have to give it a watch. I'm hoping it retains it's comedy.
Aaaa I didn't know it was already out! Time flies. I saw the previews and the animation looks stellar but I just can't get over Vash's new hair style. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but like, yeah. I'll have to give it a watch. I'm hoping it retains it's comedy.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
@Vardia it just happened today! Ironically, I actually like everyone’s character designs quite a bit. My only big gripe thus far is with knives and wolfwood, who feel like they need a little more…pop of some kind. I’m looking forward (somewhat anxiously) to wolfwoods introduction in stampede!
I also miss Milly terribly. I hope they bring her back in some way.
@Vardia it just happened today! Ironically, I actually like everyone’s character designs quite a bit. My only big gripe thus far is with knives and wolfwood, who feel like they need a little more…pop of some kind. I’m looking forward (somewhat anxiously) to wolfwoods introduction in stampede!
I also miss Milly terribly. I hope they bring her back in some way.
I haven't watched it yet, but I'm holding out for the dub. (No hate for subs, I just wanna see the original English voice actors relive their roles if possible. If not, ah well, still gonna wait.) I'm eager to get into it, though!
I haven't watched it yet, but I'm holding out for the dub. (No hate for subs, I just wanna see the original English voice actors relive their roles if possible. If not, ah well, still gonna wait.) I'm eager to get into it, though!
9iqeDz7.png
I havnt watched it yet. Guess i didnt realize it was so soon. It will be hard I am sure dividing the two. Glad to see others thoughts.
I havnt watched it yet. Guess i didnt realize it was so soon. It will be hard I am sure dividing the two. Glad to see others thoughts.
Wow that was sooner than I thought. I will have to check it out.

Edit 1: Having not seen it yet, I have mixed feelings. I have faith it will look good, Studio Orange is a very capable animation company and I get why they wouldn't just want to readapt the manga or anime, because trying to compete with the originals is a recipe for failure.

My enjoyment of it will depend on the quality of the writing and it's going to be really hard for me to leave my previous experience at the door. I imagine this will be a lot more enjoyable for people who have never seen the original and don't have those hangups.

Edit 2: I've now seen the first episode. Studio Orange did a great job making it look fantastic. Going in knowing the story was going to be a reinterpretation has helped me avoid comparing it directly to the source material. I'm enjoying it so far.
Wow that was sooner than I thought. I will have to check it out.

Edit 1: Having not seen it yet, I have mixed feelings. I have faith it will look good, Studio Orange is a very capable animation company and I get why they wouldn't just want to readapt the manga or anime, because trying to compete with the originals is a recipe for failure.

My enjoyment of it will depend on the quality of the writing and it's going to be really hard for me to leave my previous experience at the door. I imagine this will be a lot more enjoyable for people who have never seen the original and don't have those hangups.

Edit 2: I've now seen the first episode. Studio Orange did a great job making it look fantastic. Going in knowing the story was going to be a reinterpretation has helped me avoid comparing it directly to the source material. I'm enjoying it so far.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

I honestly didn't know Trigun was getting a new series/content.

I feel conflicted about this, Trigun getting new content is exciting, however looking at some screenshots of the new show I must say that right now, the new visual style and modernised character redesigns don't click with me.
I honestly didn't know Trigun was getting a new series/content.

I feel conflicted about this, Trigun getting new content is exciting, however looking at some screenshots of the new show I must say that right now, the new visual style and modernised character redesigns don't click with me.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
Haven't watched and I'm not sure I will
I took one look at new anime Vash and physically flinched.
what did they do to my boy
Haven't watched and I'm not sure I will
I took one look at new anime Vash and physically flinched.
what did they do to my boy
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
i personally really loved it theyre stayin true to personality quirks at least. its good for it to get a new coat of paint and some life breathed back into it anyhow
i personally really loved it theyre stayin true to personality quirks at least. its good for it to get a new coat of paint and some life breathed back into it anyhow
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
Can't you see that you're lost without me?
Meliora. DID system. He/They collectively.
First time I hear from a new show. And I don't know how to feel about Studio Orange. 3D in my opinion looks amazing in anime if used for environments and monsters, but for characters it feels off.
First time I hear from a new show. And I don't know how to feel about Studio Orange. 3D in my opinion looks amazing in anime if used for environments and monsters, but for characters it feels off.
1 2