Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | WitNY Boat Race- Heat B
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22
@latticejaysmith Grampa Snap tugs on his whiskers as he squints to make out what's going on in the burst of white-blue light. "Well, I never," he mutters.

First it was a ship modified to have a rocket on it, and now this bizarre dance. Sure, sure, Skydancers always were compelled into strange movements thanks to the effects of the spell, but there's something different about this one, and their dance is like nothing Grampa Snap has ever seen.

He turns to his companion, the young Obelisk who is assisting him. She is transfixed by the sight, the vibrant light reflected in her eyes.

"In all my years running boat races, I never thought I'd see a sight like this," Grampa Snap continues, shaking his head. "Can you see anything else in detail? My old man eyes aren't what they used to be."

"There's something robotic in their movements," says the Obelisk, brushing a lock of fur out of her eyes, still staring at the dance. "They seem to be... on two feet? And moving chaotically, like those Raptorik dancers we hired for the opening ceremony that one year."

As the Skydancer's dance comes to an end, the sparks of electricity dissipate. "I wonder what other surprises will be in store for us during this race!" chuckles Grampa Snap.

---

OOC: No need to respond to me, I just wanted to pop in and say hi and congratulations on the amazing roleplaying and art going on in here.
@latticejaysmith Grampa Snap tugs on his whiskers as he squints to make out what's going on in the burst of white-blue light. "Well, I never," he mutters.

First it was a ship modified to have a rocket on it, and now this bizarre dance. Sure, sure, Skydancers always were compelled into strange movements thanks to the effects of the spell, but there's something different about this one, and their dance is like nothing Grampa Snap has ever seen.

He turns to his companion, the young Obelisk who is assisting him. She is transfixed by the sight, the vibrant light reflected in her eyes.

"In all my years running boat races, I never thought I'd see a sight like this," Grampa Snap continues, shaking his head. "Can you see anything else in detail? My old man eyes aren't what they used to be."

"There's something robotic in their movements," says the Obelisk, brushing a lock of fur out of her eyes, still staring at the dance. "They seem to be... on two feet? And moving chaotically, like those Raptorik dancers we hired for the opening ceremony that one year."

As the Skydancer's dance comes to an end, the sparks of electricity dissipate. "I wonder what other surprises will be in store for us during this race!" chuckles Grampa Snap.

---

OOC: No need to respond to me, I just wanted to pop in and say hi and congratulations on the amazing roleplaying and art going on in here.
Na5WGHa.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78940375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/789404/78940375.png[/img][/url] [emoji=fire rune size=1] [size=5][b]Sea[/b][/size] [emoji=fire rune size=1] [size=4][i]he/him[/i][/size] "Flamecaller, sink me!" Sea exclaims, holding on to the banister as the large Ridgeback lands heavy on their deck. "And here I thought you were a smart one to have avoided us!" The Bogsneak jumps down from his position at the helm, realizing this was an opportune time to start a fight and draw the attention of law enforcement. "So, yer lookin' for a fight then?" he asks, extending his blunted claws so they scrape against the wood of the deck. "I'll warn ye, these claws have bested the toughest of the Kelp Beds." Sea glances around, taking note of a few local guards watching them closely. [i]Perfect.[/i] @2BDamned @latticejaysmith @selah @fallenarrow[/center]
78940375.png
Sea
he/him

"Flamecaller, sink me!" Sea exclaims, holding on to the banister as the large Ridgeback lands heavy on their deck. "And here I thought you were a smart one to have avoided us!"

The Bogsneak jumps down from his position at the helm, realizing this was an opportune time to start a fight and draw the attention of law enforcement.

"So, yer lookin' for a fight then?" he asks, extending his blunted claws so they scrape against the wood of the deck. "I'll warn ye, these claws have bested the toughest of the Kelp Beds."

Sea glances around, taking note of a few local guards watching them closely.

Perfect.

@2BDamned @latticejaysmith @selah @fallenarrow
47O9KMz.pngb51b8d57a0310441b56e0a4d0547e8f82cea9bd8.png
@Ainsell

Hey! Just want to confirm, Protect only protects against one ability, right? So if a team that Protects gets affected by more than one ability, only the first one is blocked, and the others go through?
@Ainsell

Hey! Just want to confirm, Protect only protects against one ability, right? So if a team that Protects gets affected by more than one ability, only the first one is blocked, and the others go through?
And when creation goes to die,
You can find me in the sky,
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
. tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
[columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58511358][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/585114/58511358.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=transparent] . . [/color][nextcol] [color=#1E3A71][size=6][b]COURSER[/b][/size] [size=4]he / him | team B[/size] [/columns] Courser just blinked in confusion at what was going on around him. So much chaos — much more than he was used to, and more than he'd expected going into this competition, he'd admit. Currently, a Ridgeback was hurling itself into the ships, the mechanical Skydancer default dancing and encouraging the Ridgeback to attack him... He didn't really understand why. Something about variables? He wasn't a scientist, even if he had built an entire Imperial mostly by himself. And a fully-functioning one, too — not to brag or anything, but his Vessel was the best mechanical dragon he'd ever seen — not that he'd seen any besides Vessel and now Rootkit, but— Oh, great. He was rambling again. Only internally, but still. [i]Don' think about it! Jus' think about th'race![/i] (Easier said than done.) Maybe he just needed to distract himself — yes, that would certainly help... And this race was a perfect distraction. He dug his claws into the mast, casting a glance down at the deck where, somewhere inside the ship, Magma was manning the wheel. He smiled that big, cute Spiral smile — they all learned so quickly! It was like they had years of experience at sea before coming here, though he knew they didn't. Courser focused his attention back on the boats behind them. They were first, but just barely, and they were in plenty of danger from the teams behind. Right now, however, his main concern was the raging Ridgeback — he had already attacked their boat but with the way he was throwing himself around Courser wouldn't be surprised if he came back. The sea serpent Spiral bared his fangs and let out a soft hiss, still smiling. Hopefully Hank wouldn't come back for seconds, but if he did... They'd be ready.
58511358.png . . COURSER
he / him | team B

Courser just blinked in confusion at what was going on around him.

So much chaos — much more than he was used to, and more than he'd expected going into this competition, he'd admit. Currently, a Ridgeback was hurling itself into the ships, the mechanical Skydancer default dancing and encouraging the Ridgeback to attack him... He didn't really understand why. Something about variables? He wasn't a scientist, even if he had built an entire Imperial mostly by himself. And a fully-functioning one, too — not to brag or anything, but his Vessel was the best mechanical dragon he'd ever seen — not that he'd seen any besides Vessel and now Rootkit, but—

Oh, great. He was rambling again. Only internally, but still.

Don' think about it! Jus' think about th'race!

(Easier said than done.)

Maybe he just needed to distract himself — yes, that would certainly help... And this race was a perfect distraction.

He dug his claws into the mast, casting a glance down at the deck where, somewhere inside the ship, Magma was manning the wheel. He smiled that big, cute Spiral smile — they all learned so quickly! It was like they had years of experience at sea before coming here, though he knew they didn't.

Courser focused his attention back on the boats behind them. They were first, but just barely, and they were in plenty of danger from the teams behind. Right now, however, his main concern was the raging Ridgeback — he had already attacked their boat but with the way he was throwing himself around Courser wouldn't be surprised if he came back.

The sea serpent Spiral bared his fangs and let out a soft hiss, still smiling. Hopefully Hank wouldn't come back for seconds, but if he did...

They'd be ready.
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
Caught up in Rootkit dance it takes Hawkeye a bit longer than she would have liked to notice everything going on below........crud. Shouting down to Sea "got it and give him hell!"

Leaping to the front of the boat Hawkeye grabs her alchemy balls and gets ready to attack the other ships.

@latticejaysmith @selah @treesapperson
Caught up in Rootkit dance it takes Hawkeye a bit longer than she would have liked to notice everything going on below........crud. Shouting down to Sea "got it and give him hell!"

Leaping to the front of the boat Hawkeye grabs her alchemy balls and gets ready to attack the other ships.

@latticejaysmith @selah @treesapperson
8EDULPG.png78U0Gge.png
@treesapperson @Latticejaysmith @fallenarrow [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82226395][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/822264/82226395_350.png[/img][/url] [color=darkblue][size=5][b]Orca[/b][/size][/color] "I-what....why?!" Orca yells to the sky before giving Rootkit an incredulous look "It's not- we're just- we're not gonna go faster if we start having a dance off on the boat!" He twists around and grabs the wheel in his mouth, with muffled grumblings come out as he tries to steer"
@treesapperson @Latticejaysmith @fallenarrow
82226395_350.png

Orca

"I-what....why?!" Orca yells to the sky before giving Rootkit an incredulous look "It's not- we're just- we're not gonna go faster if we start having a dance off on the boat!" He twists around and grabs the wheel in his mouth, with muffled grumblings come out as he tries to steer"
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
@Ainsell

Is the Spiral ability based on previous or current race standings? Say a team uses a Spiral while they're in first place, but before the Spiral's ability has been resolved a different team is in first place — does the Spiral ability affect the team who is now in first place or the team that was in second place the previous round?
@Ainsell

Is the Spiral ability based on previous or current race standings? Say a team uses a Spiral while they're in first place, but before the Spiral's ability has been resolved a different team is in first place — does the Spiral ability affect the team who is now in first place or the team that was in second place the previous round?
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
adventures of team anchor~ [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/952688392167108628/1060767425999687740/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/952688392167108628/1060777049993777192/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/952688392167108628/1060784887835131904/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/952688392167108628/1060796561363312700/image.png[/img]
adventures of team anchor~

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
DRAGONS !
@lyrelore
1: Correct, Protect only works against one ability.
2: All abilities resolve according to the standings last put forward and their priority. There are no real-time standings in this race, which is why teams can get what we call "blue shelled" (a Mario Kart reference) when they're in first where they immediately get hit with multiple abilities and fall back down the ladder. No real-time. We don't talk about Round 4. /hj

... This Round 4's fine to talk about though! Hopefully P:
@lyrelore
1: Correct, Protect only works against one ability.
2: All abilities resolve according to the standings last put forward and their priority. There are no real-time standings in this race, which is why teams can get what we call "blue shelled" (a Mario Kart reference) when they're in first where they immediately get hit with multiple abilities and fall back down the ladder. No real-time. We don't talk about Round 4. /hj

... This Round 4's fine to talk about though! Hopefully P:
1JiWKRV.png____nonAp0O.png________e9mzZkV.png
Ok I have to say I LOVE all y'alls drawings and animations!!! I may toss in a traditional drawing before this is over! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26201300][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/262014/26201300_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Magma looked behind them from the wheel, somehow navigating into first place. While he wasn't sure what the desired affect was, Starlight bringing his attention to the lobster worked out in their favor! None of his teammates have made any comments about the fact that he threw pieces of lobster onto the other teams' boats amidst the chaos, thus bringing in a flock of seagulls and letting them pass by without much issue. "Who knew a weaponized lobster could be so beneficial?" he said to himself.
Ok I have to say I LOVE all y'alls drawings and animations!!! I may toss in a traditional drawing before this is over!
26201300_350.png

Magma looked behind them from the wheel, somehow navigating into first place. While he wasn't sure what the desired affect was, Starlight bringing his attention to the lobster worked out in their favor! None of his teammates have made any comments about the fact that he threw pieces of lobster onto the other teams' boats amidst the chaos, thus bringing in a flock of seagulls and letting them pass by without much issue.

"Who knew a weaponized lobster could be so beneficial?" he said to himself.
tumblr_oujvn28ZjA1uxu4o6o1_250.gif
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22