Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) What's in a name?
It's been stale for me the last few weeks and I wanted to do something fun and to help me write more lore! My usual wells for content have been dry..... I will say this, there are certain rules that I'm leaving out this challenge because I don't want to exalt my dragons and I just want to have fun! (Also, here's a link to the base [color=#003484][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162] rules[/url] [/color] [LIST] [*]All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. [*]There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. (I'll be dressing my drags with the things that I find including stuff in the plundered pile!) [*]And I' running easymode- Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above [*] Instead of exalting dragons due to them falling in battle they will be either retired early and will have a young start up replace them or will wait to obtain a familiar to have them hop back in! [/LIST] I will update this as much as I can, so posts will likely be bi-weekly and veeeery beefy with content! I will be sure to update the descriptions of the actual dragons used in this challenge as well! That all aside,this is a tale of three kiddos doing their best to try and prove their use to the twinbrook clan. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/793446/79344552_350.png[/img][/center] [center]The bold dragon with “foolproof” ideas is MintSplash, child of the guard captain- Emre and the sole herbalist-Seaweed. She has 2 other siblings in her clutch (Capri and Fern), but they aren’t incredibly close, nor ambitious. They wish to merely live day to day and believe they will eventually be called to serve the Gladekeeper. She’s a pretty sizable guardian with no incredibly impressive features. Mint’s been pushed to find a career or something to help out directly with thc clan. She wants to prove that extraordinary things can be done with hard work. She’s entering this without sharing her pedigree. [/center] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/793446/79344559_350.png[/img][/center] [center]Kelsior, a fellow hatch buddy born on the same day and best friend since they laid eyes on each other has been a conspirator since day one. He’s excitable, full of energy, and happy to go wherever his bestie leads- good ideas or otherwise. His mother and father and Vaxel and Gentleman- a very colorful, bold couple that are ambitious! Vaxel’s brushing scales with shopkeepers and making sure treasure is in order and Gentleman is happily raising and giving his attention to the babies in their nests- He and Snowtooth get along fairly well. Kelsior is a pretty small lad, taking after his father’s stature. [/center] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/796304/79630308_350.png[/img][/center] [center]Pewter is an odd one out of the bunch. He’s a gaoler born a little after the others and was the smallest in his clutch. He’s a little clumsy and slow to get things right, but he always gives every task given his all! Pewter is rather quiet compared to the others but brings the reason to the other’s chaotic schemes. His parents are Heaven and Lothair. Lothair was called to assist the gladekeeper shortly after her last clutch was born, leaving Heaven feeling quite empty and lonely. He’s trying to prove to his doubtful father that he’s a great caretaker and did all that he could despite what ended up unfolding. [/center] [center]Wish them luck (they'll need it)![/center]
It's been stale for me the last few weeks and I wanted to do something fun and to help me write more lore! My usual wells for content have been dry.....

I will say this, there are certain rules that I'm leaving out this challenge because I don't want to exalt my dragons and I just want to have fun!
(Also, here's a link to the base rules
  • All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
  • There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. (I'll be dressing my drags with the things that I find including stuff in the plundered pile!)
  • And I' running easymode- Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above
  • Instead of exalting dragons due to them falling in battle they will be either retired early and will have a young start up replace them or will wait to obtain a familiar to have them hop back in!

I will update this as much as I can, so posts will likely be bi-weekly and veeeery beefy with content!

I will be sure to update the descriptions of the actual dragons used in this challenge as well!

That all aside,this is a tale of three kiddos doing their best to try and prove their use to the twinbrook clan.
79344552_350.png
The bold dragon with “foolproof” ideas is MintSplash, child of the guard captain- Emre and the sole herbalist-Seaweed. She has 2 other siblings in her clutch (Capri and Fern), but they aren’t incredibly close, nor ambitious. They wish to merely live day to day and believe they will eventually be called to serve the Gladekeeper. She’s a pretty sizable guardian with no incredibly impressive features. Mint’s been pushed to find a career or something to help out directly with *** clan. She wants to prove that extraordinary things can be done with hard work. She’s entering this without sharing her pedigree.
79344559_350.png
Kelsior, a fellow hatch buddy born on the same day and best friend since they laid eyes on each other has been a conspirator since day one. He’s excitable, full of energy, and happy to go wherever his bestie leads- good ideas or otherwise. His mother and father and Vaxel and Gentleman- a very colorful, bold couple that are ambitious! Vaxel’s brushing scales with shopkeepers and making sure treasure is in order and Gentleman is happily raising and giving his attention to the babies in their nests- He and Snowtooth get along fairly well. Kelsior is a pretty small lad, taking after his father’s stature.
79630308_350.png
Pewter is an odd one out of the bunch. He’s a gaoler born a little after the others and was the smallest in his clutch. He’s a little clumsy and slow to get things right, but he always gives every task given his all! Pewter is rather quiet compared to the others but brings the reason to the other’s chaotic schemes. His parents are Heaven and Lothair. Lothair was called to assist the gladekeeper shortly after her last clutch was born, leaving Heaven feeling quite empty and lonely. He’s trying to prove to his doubtful father that he’s a great caretaker and did all that he could despite what ended up unfolding.
Wish them luck (they'll need it)!
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png
[center] [U][size=6]Reassurance[/u][/size][/center] “With the single collective brain cell we all share… We’ve decided to do something serious for once”, a fairly young and fluffy ancient nodded as he looked to the companions he had on either side of him. Speaking to the strong and intimidating, deep green scaled guardian with eyes narrowed at him, the dragon kept speaking with shaky confidence. “Please let us pass.. Uh, Mr… Bruiser, sir”, the young ancient shifted with unease. His overgrown claws gently scraped the soil underfoot as he shifted his weight. A growl rolled in the back of the guardian’s throat as the title was crudely thrown his way. His irritation was clear enough that one of the others boldly decided to interject. The quickest of all three- a piebald guardian flocked to the guard, spreading her wings to shield her friend from the guard’s gaze. “Dad.. Dad, hey look. He’s just nervous! You know how Pewter can get when you put pressure on him.”, her pretty green eyes met the deep green pools of her father’s. He gave a huff as he rolled his eyes with dismissal. “That's my point. If you can’t even stand up to a little confrontation, what makes you think challenging the coliseum is where you need to be? There are plenty of things you three can all do within the clan to help out.” “But that’s not what we want to do!” “You would all be alive.” “We would be shackled and miserable. ” “...... You may not return. You three are irreplaceable. Every life tied to the clan is-” “We have the right to choose how we spend that life. Can we go now?” As the guardians went back and forth, the third in the trio- a brightly colored ridgeback leaned on Pewter, who spoke earlier. He wore a simple smile as he tried to cheer on his friend, quietly. “...You did great, Pew! He’s one of the scariest here. No need to be too intimidated. Even though he’s the son of Lady Tetai. And the guard captain. And Mint’s dad. And-” Quickly cutting him off, Pewter gave the other a nudge as a cue of silence. “Respectfully, shut up Kelsior.” The ridgeback pouted slightly but his boundless optimism outshone the minor scolding. His smile shifted to a dopey grin as he pressed more of his weight onto Pewter. The gaoler huffed as he shifted to accommodate for the excess weight of his playful friend. As the odd pair continued to play around, the guardians finally came to a peaceful resolution. Proving several points and holding her ground, MintSplash stood against her father with her head held high. “We’re going to be fine. Believe in us and that we will return unharmed. I share your blood- I will keep what I treasure safe.” Silent for a moment, the larger guardian left his gaze shift to both Kelsior and Pewter who were settling down and looking rather bored as they were patiently waiting. After thinking things through, he eventually resigned and lowered his guard. His hardened gaze softened as he turned back to his youngest. “You had better, Mint. Be on your toes and come home when you can. Seaweed will worry.” The smaller cracked a smile as she tucked in her wings. “I promise-”, she did her best to quell her excitement before turning to the others. “We have clearance, you two! Let’s make our way!” [b]Day 1- Familiar: Stonewatch Harpy[/b] [LIST] [*]Rhozen, new gaoler male, Pewter find them [*]MintSplash gets the familiar [/LIST] [center][item= Stonewatch Harpy] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/830172/83017164.png[/img][/center] As soon as they set off that morning, the trio scattered around the calm shoals of the World-edge Wetlands trying to get their bearings. They agreed to meet up about midday, but with the trouble they got it, it was a little before twilight. Pewter returned with a young gaoler calling themselves ”Rhozen”. They’re just a hatchling and already think they are all that and a bag of chips. MintSplash returns with a new familiar, a Stonewatch Harpy that she’s already befriended. Like the good boi he is, Kelsior came back at noon and came back to start setting up a safe and dry place to rest that evening. So much for progress!
Reassurance

“With the single collective brain cell we all share… We’ve decided to do something serious for once”, a fairly young and fluffy ancient nodded as he looked to the companions he had on either side of him. Speaking to the strong and intimidating, deep green scaled guardian with eyes narrowed at him, the dragon kept speaking with shaky confidence.
“Please let us pass.. Uh, Mr… Bruiser, sir”, the young ancient shifted with unease. His overgrown claws gently scraped the soil underfoot as he shifted his weight.

A growl rolled in the back of the guardian’s throat as the title was crudely thrown his way. His irritation was clear enough that one of the others boldly decided to interject. The quickest of all three- a piebald guardian flocked to the guard, spreading her wings to shield her friend from the guard’s gaze.
“Dad.. Dad, hey look. He’s just nervous! You know how Pewter can get when you put pressure on him.”, her pretty green eyes met the deep green pools of her father’s. He gave a huff as he rolled his eyes with dismissal.

“That's my point. If you can’t even stand up to a little confrontation, what makes you think challenging the coliseum is where you need to be? There are plenty of things you three can all do within the clan to help out.”

“But that’s not what we want to do!”

“You would all be alive.”

“We would be shackled and miserable. ”

“...... You may not return. You three are irreplaceable. Every life tied to the clan is-”

“We have the right to choose how we spend that life. Can we go now?”

As the guardians went back and forth, the third in the trio- a brightly colored ridgeback leaned on Pewter, who spoke earlier. He wore a simple smile as he tried to cheer on his friend, quietly.
“...You did great, Pew! He’s one of the scariest here. No need to be too intimidated. Even though he’s the son of Lady Tetai. And the guard captain. And Mint’s dad. And-”

Quickly cutting him off, Pewter gave the other a nudge as a cue of silence. “Respectfully, shut up Kelsior.”
The ridgeback pouted slightly but his boundless optimism outshone the minor scolding. His smile shifted to a dopey grin as he pressed more of his weight onto Pewter. The gaoler huffed as he shifted to accommodate for the excess weight of his playful friend.

As the odd pair continued to play around, the guardians finally came to a peaceful resolution. Proving several points and holding her ground, MintSplash stood against her father with her head held high. “We’re going to be fine. Believe in us and that we will return unharmed. I share your blood- I will keep what I treasure safe.”

Silent for a moment, the larger guardian left his gaze shift to both Kelsior and Pewter who were settling down and looking rather bored as they were patiently waiting. After thinking things through, he eventually resigned and lowered his guard. His hardened gaze softened as he turned back to his youngest. “You had better, Mint. Be on your toes and come home when you can. Seaweed will worry.”
The smaller cracked a smile as she tucked in her wings. “I promise-”, she did her best to quell her excitement before turning to the others. “We have clearance, you two! Let’s make our way!”

Day 1- Familiar: Stonewatch Harpy
  • Rhozen, new gaoler male, Pewter find them
  • MintSplash gets the familiar
Stonewatch Harpy 83017164.png

As soon as they set off that morning, the trio scattered around the calm shoals of the World-edge Wetlands trying to get their bearings. They agreed to meet up about midday, but with the trouble they got it, it was a little before twilight.

Pewter returned with a young gaoler calling themselves ”Rhozen”. They’re just a hatchling and already think they are all that and a bag of chips.

MintSplash returns with a new familiar, a Stonewatch Harpy that she’s already befriended.

Like the good boi he is, Kelsior came back at noon and came back to start setting up a safe and dry place to rest that evening. So much for progress!
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png
Day 2- Battle item: Discipline
Yo… are you serious? It’s day two?
Discipline

Alright, so it’s down to a coin flip….. And of course it’s heads so, it’s 10 rounds in the coliseum.. This is going to be rough on these level ones..

• R1- Two Ruby Redwings, got a little loot in return. Fight on.
  • R2- Primrose moth, Death's-Head Stag. Loot as a reward to press on. Fight on.. Mint is looking low.
  • R3- Kelsior takes a big hit from an Emerald Webwing. There’s also a Coral Carpenter. Mint and Kelsior get really low, Pewter is just fine like the perfect lil’ tank he is. They take a break to level up.
  • R4- Fighting Tick-Tock and smoldering Sconce. Easy, just got xp. Fight on.
  • R5- Two Bumbles. Got just a lil loot. Fight on.
  • R6- Chipskink and a Luna Moth. Got a little food and xp. Fight on.
  • R7- Amaranth Moth and Leafy Moth. Food and a Level up! They stop to level.
  • Battle Stones unlocked since they’re level 3!!
  • R8- A single, pitiful Glowing Pocketmouse. No notable loot. Fight on.
  • R9-Two Tick-Tocks. Food out the battle. Fight on.
  • R10- One Tick-Tock and a Smothering Sconce. All done and everyone is in relatively good health! We made it!!!
Day 2- Battle item: Discipline
Yo… are you serious? It’s day two?
Discipline

Alright, so it’s down to a coin flip….. And of course it’s heads so, it’s 10 rounds in the coliseum.. This is going to be rough on these level ones..

• R1- Two Ruby Redwings, got a little loot in return. Fight on.
  • R2- Primrose moth, Death's-Head Stag. Loot as a reward to press on. Fight on.. Mint is looking low.
  • R3- Kelsior takes a big hit from an Emerald Webwing. There’s also a Coral Carpenter. Mint and Kelsior get really low, Pewter is just fine like the perfect lil’ tank he is. They take a break to level up.
  • R4- Fighting Tick-Tock and smoldering Sconce. Easy, just got xp. Fight on.
  • R5- Two Bumbles. Got just a lil loot. Fight on.
  • R6- Chipskink and a Luna Moth. Got a little food and xp. Fight on.
  • R7- Amaranth Moth and Leafy Moth. Food and a Level up! They stop to level.
  • Battle Stones unlocked since they’re level 3!!
  • R8- A single, pitiful Glowing Pocketmouse. No notable loot. Fight on.
  • R9-Two Tick-Tocks. Food out the battle. Fight on.
  • R10- One Tick-Tock and a Smothering Sconce. All done and everyone is in relatively good health! We made it!!!
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png
[center][b]Day 3- Apparel: Budding garden Trousers [/center][/b] [center][item= Budding garden Trousers] Yo… Breeding?? So it’s a lil' obvious who’s going to be bred in this situation. I’ll have to remember to flip a coin to see if they live or get exalted! They have two eggs and MintSplash keeps the pantaloons. [i]The near brush of death had MintSplash sticking to Kelsior like glue, not leaving his side. They leave for an evening and Mint comes back giddy. Tucked safely under a wing, Kelsior is guarding two eggs. Pewter is elated for his friends and wishes them luck with hatching them! Rhozen is painfully curious and keeps bugging MintSplash to let him see the eggs.[/i] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/793446/79344559p.png[/img] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/793446/79344552p.png[/img]
Day 3- Apparel: Budding garden Trousers

Budding Garden Trousers

Yo… Breeding?? So it’s a lil' obvious who’s going to be bred in this situation. I’ll have to remember to flip a coin to see if they live or get exalted!

They have two eggs and MintSplash keeps the pantaloons.

The near brush of death had MintSplash sticking to Kelsior like glue, not leaving his side. They leave for an evening and Mint comes back giddy. Tucked safely under a wing, Kelsior is guarding two eggs. Pewter is elated for his friends and wishes them luck with hatching them! Rhozen is painfully curious and keeps bugging MintSplash to let him see the eggs.
79344559p.png 79344552p.png
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png
[center][b]Day 4- Food: Egghead Infiltrator [/b] [item=Egghead Infiltrator] 20-30 Coli Matches Decided to give updates on level ups or cool finds only-[/center] [LIST] [*]Leveled up on round 9. All kiddos are level 4 now! New area to fight in unlocked- Woodland path. [*]Round 18, a Basilisk familiar flocked to Kelsior and is now sticking to him like glue. [/LIST] [center][item=Basilisk][/center] Everyone thankfully made it safe and only got dangerously low. Using their best judgement, they backed away from battles they felt were too risky. Kelsior has been really careful in not trying to scramble the eggs!
Day 4- Food: Egghead Infiltrator
Egghead Infiltrator

20-30 Coli Matches

Decided to give updates on level ups or cool finds only-
  • Leveled up on round 9. All kiddos are level 4 now! New area to fight in unlocked- Woodland path.
  • Round 18, a Basilisk familiar flocked to Kelsior and is now sticking to him like glue.
Basilisk

Everyone thankfully made it safe and only got dangerously low. Using their best judgement, they backed away from battles they felt were too risky. Kelsior has been really careful in not trying to scramble the eggs!
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png
[center][b]Day 5- ... Uh...[/b] I honestly forgot to log in… it was new years!!! Welcome 2023! Rhozen is also no longer a lil hatchling! He’s still a growing boy though! [/center] [center][b]Day 6- Food: Hypnotic Scallop [/b] [item=Hypnotic Scallop] 30-40 Coli Matches Round 2, got a dryad familiar. [item=Dryad] Pewter happily takes in the new familiar. Hit level 5 around round 10. Got another familiar on Round 12! Got an Aurelian Porcupine. [item=Aurelian Porcupine] Round 23, Leveled up to Level 6! They all made it through safe and sound through all the battles and have learned a lot about the world they live in and where their teammates strengths lie! [i]Rhozen has been itching to throw himself into the fray- but seeing how beat up everyone comes back, he’s made use of his other talents! Burrowing. Looking and making a home accommodating that’s safe for the group to return to at the end of each day. Rhozen has been on egg watch since the others hit around level 5 and deemed it unsafe to keep moving around so close to their hatch date. [/i] [/center]
Day 5- ... Uh...
I honestly forgot to log in… it was new years!!! Welcome 2023!
Rhozen is also no longer a lil hatchling! He’s still a growing boy though!
Day 6- Food: Hypnotic Scallop
Hypnotic Scallop
30-40 Coli Matches

Round 2, got a dryad familiar.
Dryad
Pewter happily takes in the new familiar.

Hit level 5 around round 10.

Got another familiar on Round 12! Got an Aurelian Porcupine.
Aurelian Porcupine

Round 23, Leveled up to Level 6!

They all made it through safe and sound through all the battles and have learned a lot about the world they live in and where their teammates strengths lie!

Rhozen has been itching to throw himself into the fray- but seeing how beat up everyone comes back, he’s made use of his other talents! Burrowing.

Looking and making a home accommodating that’s safe for the group to return to at the end of each day. Rhozen has been on egg watch since the others hit around level 5 and deemed it unsafe to keep moving around so close to their hatch date.
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png
[center][b]Day 7- Material: Sacridite [/b] [item=Sacridite] Everyone’s Bio has been updated and I’ve spoiled them and dressed them up a little (just using stuff that i have mostly and things for a little flair!) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79344552]Mint[/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/793446/79344552_350.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79344559] Kelsior[/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/793446/79344559_350.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79630308]Pewter[/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/796304/79630308_350.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83017164]Rhozen[/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/830172/83017164_350.png[/img] [/center]
Day 7- Material: Sacridite

Sacridite

Everyone’s Bio has been updated and I’ve spoiled them and dressed them up a little (just using stuff that i have mostly and things for a little flair!)

Mint
79344552_350.png

Kelsior

79344559_350.png

Pewter
79630308_350.png

Rhozen
83017164_350.png
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png
[center][b]Day 8- Material: Traprock[/b] [item=Traprock] [i]Eggs hatch tomorrow!!! But in the meantime, have a fic about Rhozen! [/i] [u][size=6]Dominion[/u][/size] The chill from a cool morning breeze brushed through the guardian’s fur. Stirring slightly, the ancient curled his tail around his paws as he drew in a deep, warming breath. “It’s morning, I guess..”, his warm voice rumbled as he peeked a bright eye open. It was a rather quiet morning, but it usually was when the others were out in the viridian maze. The ancient carefully rolled off his side, minding the precious eggs tucked to his belly. As he stood, he checked over the two who would soon be his younger siblings. A smile couldn't help showing up on the shale gaoler’s maw as he carefully pushed them together. “At least I won’t be lonely here for a while”, he spoke more to himself but didn’t mind if the unhatched dragons ended up overhearing him. The feeling of loneliness passed as he woke up and remembered his self-imposed responsibilities. Stifling a yawn, the young gaoler moved to place scavenged dried grasses and relatively dry moss around the eggs before leaving them to check the perimeter. The moment he stepped foot out of his nest, his expression shifted. His normally dopey expression was traded for a hardened gaze as if everything were under scrutiny. The small gaoler stood taller as he walked the tunnels he dug by himself. The small ancient was wary of where each pawstep fell before it kissed the ground as he slunk through the tunnels. [emoji=star size=1] To most this would seem a punishment- staying at home just to patrol territory, but it was the one thing Rhozen knew he could get right. Training with Pewter as a hatchling went poorly, being the young gaoler was incredibly uncoordinated and didn’t have the sense needed for combat. His attention would split at the last second or he was just a heartbeat too slow at being where he needed to be. Rhozen wasn’t given up on, but he definitely wasn’t cut out for fighting. It was only made worse as he saw the others return from the slog of back to back battles. Broken or split claws and horns, light lacerations the size of a small papercut to gashes spanning from chin to belly, wing injuries from fractures to parts of webbing being cut out completely were just some things seen through the eye of the young ancient. It left him hesitant to offer help in fighting in someone's place, only to end up coming back in the same shape or worse. However, he was just fine treating wounds and ailments as he saw them crop up. While fearful of getting hurt, Rhozen wasn’t afraid of being around injuries. Patching up the others was a service he was more than happy to take up as they traveled further and gained more strength. [emoji=star size=1] It didn’t take the gaoler long to navigate his self-declared domain to check for friends and or trespassers. His tail swept the tightly packed ground as he turned to head back and check on his soon to be siblings. Unclenching his jaw, Rhozen relaxed as he slunk back to his nest and began to hum a soft melody. [/center]
Day 8- Material: Traprock

Traprock

Eggs hatch tomorrow!!! But in the meantime, have a fic about Rhozen!

Dominion

The chill from a cool morning breeze brushed through the guardian’s fur. Stirring slightly, the ancient curled his tail around his paws as he drew in a deep, warming breath. “It’s morning, I guess..”, his warm voice rumbled as he peeked a bright eye open.

It was a rather quiet morning, but it usually was when the others were out in the viridian maze.

The ancient carefully rolled off his side, minding the precious eggs tucked to his belly. As he stood, he checked over the two who would soon be his younger siblings. A smile couldn't help showing up on the shale gaoler’s maw as he carefully pushed them together. “At least I won’t be lonely here for a while”, he spoke more to himself but didn’t mind if the unhatched dragons ended up overhearing him.

The feeling of loneliness passed as he woke up and remembered his self-imposed responsibilities. Stifling a yawn, the young gaoler moved to place scavenged dried grasses and relatively dry moss around the eggs before leaving them to check the perimeter.

The moment he stepped foot out of his nest, his expression shifted. His normally dopey expression was traded for a hardened gaze as if everything were under scrutiny. The small gaoler stood taller as he walked the tunnels he dug by himself. The small ancient was wary of where each pawstep fell before it kissed the ground as he slunk through the tunnels.

To most this would seem a punishment- staying at home just to patrol territory, but it was the one thing Rhozen knew he could get right. Training with Pewter as a hatchling went poorly, being the young gaoler was incredibly uncoordinated and didn’t have the sense needed for combat. His attention would split at the last second or he was just a heartbeat too slow at being where he needed to be. Rhozen wasn’t given up on, but he definitely wasn’t cut out for fighting.
It was only made worse as he saw the others return from the slog of back to back battles.

Broken or split claws and horns, light lacerations the size of a small papercut to gashes spanning from chin to belly, wing injuries from fractures to parts of webbing being cut out completely were just some things seen through the eye of the young ancient. It left him hesitant to offer help in fighting in someone's place, only to end up coming back in the same shape or worse.
However, he was just fine treating wounds and ailments as he saw them crop up. While fearful of getting hurt, Rhozen wasn’t afraid of being around injuries. Patching up the others was a service he was more than happy to take up as they traveled further and gained more strength.

It didn’t take the gaoler long to navigate his self-declared domain to check for friends and or trespassers. His tail swept the tightly packed ground as he turned to head back and check on his soon to be siblings. Unclenching his jaw, Rhozen relaxed as he slunk back to his nest and began to hum a soft melody.
HsLv9sz.png yOchNP1.png