Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Song or Band Recommendations?
1 2 3 4
Some songs/singers I enjoy are:

literally any song by britney spears.

heartache on the dance floor + head over boots by the same person.. can't remember the name.

Why did I say okie dokie

Penelope Scott..
Some songs/singers I enjoy are:

literally any song by britney spears.

heartache on the dance floor + head over boots by the same person.. can't remember the name.

Why did I say okie dokie

Penelope Scott..
I'm in awe at how diverse this music is, I love dwelving into new stuff, new genres, and new artists. Keep 'em coming! I'll keep on listening and replying. <3 As usual, if I haven't pinged you, I will soon!

@Ziana13 - That's a lotta things to check out, so it took me a bit to find time to make sure I got to listen to them all. For the band category, ooh, lots of goodies here. Crane Wives stuck out to me quite a lot. Blackbriar gave me very big Evanescence vibes, which was neat. I've never seen Hadestown nor Come From Away, but the tunes definitely have me intrigued. I am familiar with Julie Fowlis, though! Lovely voice.

For the individual song category, "Varulven"? Is that Swedish I hear? Very harmonic. "Vampire" and the musical recommendations are definitely bops. I love the overlaying theme of your recommendations, themes are great. I also really enjoyed "Black Fox"!

Thank you for all the folksy/musical goodies!

@Gato - Funny enough, it's hard to go out to a store or restaurant and not find me Shazaming at least one song. Your recommendation is different, that's for sure, but I love how smooth sailing it sounds! It feels like you can get lost in the tune and as though it tells a whole story within itself. Love it, thank you for sharing!

@CatInDisguise - Okay, okay, first- I love your username! It's wonderful and also, no need to apologize for the length, I am more than okay with that! <3 Thank you for popping a variety, by the way!

I certainty have to agree that "Fine, Great" is very chill. You pretty much took the words out of my mouth regarding this one, I love how down-to-earth it is! I'll definitely be browsing into more from the band for sure.

Regarding "Techno Fan," that band name seems super familiar to me! I can't recall if I've listened to them in the past or not, but wow, this song is a banger. Not only is it inspirational, it's groovy and empowering. I did some poking around because I kept getting a feeling I've heard this band before, but from no clue where. I checked some of their other songs and yep: "1996" - The Wombats. This is the one I recalled listening to several years ago. Funny enough, it's in the same album as "Techno Fan"! Sounds like I should listen to the full album sometime.

"Time Alive" is a beauty! I've never heard KC Katalbas before, but she has a beautiful voice. I love how it carries as the song progresses. The instrumanetals? *chef's kiss.* It's so relaxing, smooth, and wow, the production is lovely too. It's so wholesome and the overall symbolism behind the lyrics is truly the cherry on top. It really hits you and I'm very big on travel, experiencing new things, and embracing taking the good with the bad. While I definitely love all of your recommendations, this one is top tier quality. I'm in awe she isn't a professional too!

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion? That's a musing title - I love the chords of this tune, it's very gentle, fluid, and surprisingly touching. "For The Departed" is giving off so many vibes. It's powerful and eerie, but also, vulnerable. It truly does feel like an entire arc in one song. "Dreamy Night" is a bit different than what I usually listen to, but I enjoy exploring when it comes to music, it's part of the journey. The lyrics are very engaging, as I'm sure most have moments where they can relate, including myself. I can see myself revisiting this one for sure!

"Phony" is such an intense bop! It seems great for study, but especially gaming. I 100% agree with it sounding funky, in a good way.

I've never heard of OMORI, but I love the piano here, especially at a minute and half or so in! I love how chaotic it can also become as you listen further into it, it's such a wild array of instruments and drops.

Thank you a lot for all these recommendations, they were super fun and there was a lot of variety, which I appreciate. I also loved reading your descriptions of them because I found myself going, "yep, that's right on the tin from what I just heard." Thanks again!

@Spottedleaf125 - "Ceilings" and "Healing" are both wonderful. They're so casual and chill. The lyrics are so simple, but they help carry the vibe for sure. I'll definitely have to give these another listen in the future. They're both soothing!

"Quiet Air/Gioia" is one of those songs you can definitely envision and let your imagination run lose with. I love the descriptions like, "Quiet air, quiet in blue
Quiet ice-melt, summer-red cedar," and "You want to go where the fire is worst
You want to watch our tower drop to the water." Lyrics like this really draw the picture and they're so fun to listen to! I checked out a few other tunes by Fleet Foxes, since you also mentioned them in your band category. I also enjoyed "Sunblind," and "Blue Ridge Mountain," a lot of their songs share the same essence as "Quiet Air/Gioia," they're all so gentle, descriptive, and fun to listen to.

As for "Hyouriittai" it sounds super familiar? I don't think I've ever watched Hunter x Hunter, but perhaps I came across this song in a compilation of anime themes. Either way, this one is great! I love how it changes tones, it's so fresh, bouncy, then has a few moments of gentle grace. I might have to look into Hunter x Hunter!

The first tune I checked for Uwade was "Nostalgia" and wow, yes, she has some very nice vocals. I've never came across her music, but I'm glad I was introduced, she's very talented and I hope she goes far. All of her tunes have a very comfy-soft vibe.

Japanese Breakfast is a glorious name, firstly. I checked both of the songs you listed as well as a few others - I love how dramatic the instrumentals are in "Paprika" and how much her voice carries throughout it. It's super powerful. "Be Sweet" is super catchy and funky! I also enjoyed "Road Head".

millennium parade, I immediately recognized "U"! I watched "Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime"/Belle and I was enchanted by that film. So, I am obsessed with "U". I took the time now to check some of their other songs too and wow, they have quite the variety! I'll have to come revisit them.

I'm also familiar with Of Monsters and Men. I'm obsessed with "Little Talks" and "King and Lionheart," they're so good! The Oh Hellos has a very similar vibe, so I'm already intrigued by them. I've never heard Michael Kiwanuka before, but I'm enjoying his music! It feels very serious, but catchy too.

Ahh, cinema staff! A fellow AoT fan. I've heard some of their work and they're super talented. I haven't heard "Midnight Sun", so I gave that a listen. I really love the lyrics and the melody just ties it all in together.

Thank you for all the recommendations, I enjoyed listening! There was a lot that I plan on listening to again in the future, thanks again!

@NightGaze - Ooh, yes! I definitely checked out Oh Hellos, I really digged their vibe. I'll definitely have to check them in the order you mentioned, though! It sounds like a journey that I want to take for sure.

Also, "Hypersomnia"? Wow, it really does hit hard! It's super gentle and soft, but the lyrics are so melancholic and they're engaging. It tells a whole story.

Thank you for those recommendations! <3 I'll definitely dedicate the time to listen to Four Winds! I'm intrigued.
I'm in awe at how diverse this music is, I love dwelving into new stuff, new genres, and new artists. Keep 'em coming! I'll keep on listening and replying. <3 As usual, if I haven't pinged you, I will soon!

@Ziana13 - That's a lotta things to check out, so it took me a bit to find time to make sure I got to listen to them all. For the band category, ooh, lots of goodies here. Crane Wives stuck out to me quite a lot. Blackbriar gave me very big Evanescence vibes, which was neat. I've never seen Hadestown nor Come From Away, but the tunes definitely have me intrigued. I am familiar with Julie Fowlis, though! Lovely voice.

For the individual song category, "Varulven"? Is that Swedish I hear? Very harmonic. "Vampire" and the musical recommendations are definitely bops. I love the overlaying theme of your recommendations, themes are great. I also really enjoyed "Black Fox"!

Thank you for all the folksy/musical goodies!

@Gato - Funny enough, it's hard to go out to a store or restaurant and not find me Shazaming at least one song. Your recommendation is different, that's for sure, but I love how smooth sailing it sounds! It feels like you can get lost in the tune and as though it tells a whole story within itself. Love it, thank you for sharing!

@CatInDisguise - Okay, okay, first- I love your username! It's wonderful and also, no need to apologize for the length, I am more than okay with that! <3 Thank you for popping a variety, by the way!

I certainty have to agree that "Fine, Great" is very chill. You pretty much took the words out of my mouth regarding this one, I love how down-to-earth it is! I'll definitely be browsing into more from the band for sure.

Regarding "Techno Fan," that band name seems super familiar to me! I can't recall if I've listened to them in the past or not, but wow, this song is a banger. Not only is it inspirational, it's groovy and empowering. I did some poking around because I kept getting a feeling I've heard this band before, but from no clue where. I checked some of their other songs and yep: "1996" - The Wombats. This is the one I recalled listening to several years ago. Funny enough, it's in the same album as "Techno Fan"! Sounds like I should listen to the full album sometime.

"Time Alive" is a beauty! I've never heard KC Katalbas before, but she has a beautiful voice. I love how it carries as the song progresses. The instrumanetals? *chef's kiss.* It's so relaxing, smooth, and wow, the production is lovely too. It's so wholesome and the overall symbolism behind the lyrics is truly the cherry on top. It really hits you and I'm very big on travel, experiencing new things, and embracing taking the good with the bad. While I definitely love all of your recommendations, this one is top tier quality. I'm in awe she isn't a professional too!

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion? That's a musing title - I love the chords of this tune, it's very gentle, fluid, and surprisingly touching. "For The Departed" is giving off so many vibes. It's powerful and eerie, but also, vulnerable. It truly does feel like an entire arc in one song. "Dreamy Night" is a bit different than what I usually listen to, but I enjoy exploring when it comes to music, it's part of the journey. The lyrics are very engaging, as I'm sure most have moments where they can relate, including myself. I can see myself revisiting this one for sure!

"Phony" is such an intense bop! It seems great for study, but especially gaming. I 100% agree with it sounding funky, in a good way.

I've never heard of OMORI, but I love the piano here, especially at a minute and half or so in! I love how chaotic it can also become as you listen further into it, it's such a wild array of instruments and drops.

Thank you a lot for all these recommendations, they were super fun and there was a lot of variety, which I appreciate. I also loved reading your descriptions of them because I found myself going, "yep, that's right on the tin from what I just heard." Thanks again!

@Spottedleaf125 - "Ceilings" and "Healing" are both wonderful. They're so casual and chill. The lyrics are so simple, but they help carry the vibe for sure. I'll definitely have to give these another listen in the future. They're both soothing!

"Quiet Air/Gioia" is one of those songs you can definitely envision and let your imagination run lose with. I love the descriptions like, "Quiet air, quiet in blue
Quiet ice-melt, summer-red cedar," and "You want to go where the fire is worst
You want to watch our tower drop to the water." Lyrics like this really draw the picture and they're so fun to listen to! I checked out a few other tunes by Fleet Foxes, since you also mentioned them in your band category. I also enjoyed "Sunblind," and "Blue Ridge Mountain," a lot of their songs share the same essence as "Quiet Air/Gioia," they're all so gentle, descriptive, and fun to listen to.

As for "Hyouriittai" it sounds super familiar? I don't think I've ever watched Hunter x Hunter, but perhaps I came across this song in a compilation of anime themes. Either way, this one is great! I love how it changes tones, it's so fresh, bouncy, then has a few moments of gentle grace. I might have to look into Hunter x Hunter!

The first tune I checked for Uwade was "Nostalgia" and wow, yes, she has some very nice vocals. I've never came across her music, but I'm glad I was introduced, she's very talented and I hope she goes far. All of her tunes have a very comfy-soft vibe.

Japanese Breakfast is a glorious name, firstly. I checked both of the songs you listed as well as a few others - I love how dramatic the instrumentals are in "Paprika" and how much her voice carries throughout it. It's super powerful. "Be Sweet" is super catchy and funky! I also enjoyed "Road Head".

millennium parade, I immediately recognized "U"! I watched "Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime"/Belle and I was enchanted by that film. So, I am obsessed with "U". I took the time now to check some of their other songs too and wow, they have quite the variety! I'll have to come revisit them.

I'm also familiar with Of Monsters and Men. I'm obsessed with "Little Talks" and "King and Lionheart," they're so good! The Oh Hellos has a very similar vibe, so I'm already intrigued by them. I've never heard Michael Kiwanuka before, but I'm enjoying his music! It feels very serious, but catchy too.

Ahh, cinema staff! A fellow AoT fan. I've heard some of their work and they're super talented. I haven't heard "Midnight Sun", so I gave that a listen. I really love the lyrics and the melody just ties it all in together.

Thank you for all the recommendations, I enjoyed listening! There was a lot that I plan on listening to again in the future, thanks again!

@NightGaze - Ooh, yes! I definitely checked out Oh Hellos, I really digged their vibe. I'll definitely have to check them in the order you mentioned, though! It sounds like a journey that I want to take for sure.

Also, "Hypersomnia"? Wow, it really does hit hard! It's super gentle and soft, but the lyrics are so melancholic and they're engaging. It tells a whole story.

Thank you for those recommendations! <3 I'll definitely dedicate the time to listen to Four Winds! I'm intrigued.
My favourite band of all time is an indie psychedelic rock band from Australia called King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Their output is absolutely insane, they've put out 23 albums since their first one in 2012, with five of those being released this year, and 3 in October alone. Calling them psychedelic rock is a bit of an understatement, cause they tackle so many different sounds and genre, nearly every album has a different tone or theme or concept. They currently consist of 6 members; three guitarists, one bassist, one drummer, and a harmonica/keys/percussionist. They used to have a second drummer but they parted ways a couple years ago. They're a band that has never taken themselves too seriously, they're unapologetically goofy, but also incredibly insightful in how they tackle various topics. It's always a mixed bag with them. Sometimes you get an album like Nonagon Infinity which is an infinitely looping garage rock album where every song is connected seamlessly and is all about Satan and the apocalypse and whatnot. Other times you might get an album like Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms, and Lava that's super jazz-oriented and each song is in a different Mode and goes into insane ramblings about the nature of existence and life on different scales. In 2019 they released a groovy boogie album called Fishing for Fishies about how we should love nature and stop using plastic, then followed it up with an 80s thrash metal album Infest the Rat's Nest about how we've absolutely ruined the planet and are all going to light ourselves on fire.

Really fun stuff, could go on about them for hours. Their music really tickles my brain, and their constant output keeps them at the forefront of my mind.
My favourite band of all time is an indie psychedelic rock band from Australia called King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Their output is absolutely insane, they've put out 23 albums since their first one in 2012, with five of those being released this year, and 3 in October alone. Calling them psychedelic rock is a bit of an understatement, cause they tackle so many different sounds and genre, nearly every album has a different tone or theme or concept. They currently consist of 6 members; three guitarists, one bassist, one drummer, and a harmonica/keys/percussionist. They used to have a second drummer but they parted ways a couple years ago. They're a band that has never taken themselves too seriously, they're unapologetically goofy, but also incredibly insightful in how they tackle various topics. It's always a mixed bag with them. Sometimes you get an album like Nonagon Infinity which is an infinitely looping garage rock album where every song is connected seamlessly and is all about Satan and the apocalypse and whatnot. Other times you might get an album like Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms, and Lava that's super jazz-oriented and each song is in a different Mode and goes into insane ramblings about the nature of existence and life on different scales. In 2019 they released a groovy boogie album called Fishing for Fishies about how we should love nature and stop using plastic, then followed it up with an 80s thrash metal album Infest the Rat's Nest about how we've absolutely ruined the planet and are all going to light ourselves on fire.

Really fun stuff, could go on about them for hours. Their music really tickles my brain, and their constant output keeps them at the forefront of my mind.
1084.png nxlpBX0.png

»Karmaskeleton«

They/Them
Frt +3
Lew, 24, non-binary person.
Changed to Light on January 7th, 2022.
ezF5Jgc.png 19155.png
my #1 favorite band to have ever have banded is Scorpions!

theyre a classic rock band. I'd recommend their albums Blackout, Humanity hour 1, and their newest album Rock Believer!

If u dont want to listen to whole albums then their most ICONIC songs i recommend is:
-still loving you
-china white
-the zoo
-rock believer
-rock you like a hurricane
-humanity

thank u uwu
my #1 favorite band to have ever have banded is Scorpions!

theyre a classic rock band. I'd recommend their albums Blackout, Humanity hour 1, and their newest album Rock Believer!

If u dont want to listen to whole albums then their most ICONIC songs i recommend is:
-still loving you
-china white
-the zoo
-rock believer
-rock you like a hurricane
-humanity

thank u uwu
H0t7Ypl.png
ePOliyb.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
um i can suggest depeche mode, mainly the songs blasphemous rumor and enjoy the silence, and if you like metal-ish, slipknot is good, custer and duality i like the most.
um i can suggest depeche mode, mainly the songs blasphemous rumor and enjoy the silence, and if you like metal-ish, slipknot is good, custer and duality i like the most.
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
Can't you see that you're lost without me?
Meliora. DID system. He/They collectively.
If you wanna hear the most insane vocals ever, listen to Into the Hellfire by Lorna Shore. The whole Pain Remains trilogy is also really good and the band itself is different than most bands in this genre because they use orchestras and good build up. (The current lead singer is brand new so there's only an album and some singles with him)

I am also very in love with the lead singer but that's not why we're here today-

Another insane vocalists is Jinjer: I highly recommend Pisces by them, and then I Speak Astronomy.
If you wanna hear the most insane vocals ever, listen to Into the Hellfire by Lorna Shore. The whole Pain Remains trilogy is also really good and the band itself is different than most bands in this genre because they use orchestras and good build up. (The current lead singer is brand new so there's only an album and some singles with him)

I am also very in love with the lead singer but that's not why we're here today-

Another insane vocalists is Jinjer: I highly recommend Pisces by them, and then I Speak Astronomy.
AO6x9Go.gify6Tz96p.png
I am nothing and everything
She/they ♠ Pisces ♠ INTP ♠ Loved ♠ Memes
kseo325.pngpZJYyk4.png
GW180jv.pngJvUa9ma.png
Ping me unless otherwise stated in my forum post!
y6Tz96p.png
AO6x9Go.gif
here are some songs i've had on loop lately

cute thing, car seat headrest
just started listening to car seat headrest, this is definitely my favorite of their songs, i found myself listening to it a lot. just a very chill indie rock song. there's a verse that's a reference to ana ng, and tmbg is my favorite band so that's just a funny coincidence i like.

be nice to me, the front bottoms
really love this track, a great indie rock song. all of the front bottom's stuff is just really good, if you like this one check them out.

do it anyway, ben folds five
i've just been listening to a lot of ben folds lately, it started as a joke because he did songs for the over the hedge soundtrack which are unreasonably good, but this man can just write good songs. the PIANO on this track is so good, i have to listen to a second time every time i hear it.

jesus on the telephone, machinery of the human heart
this is a new artist i like who just released his debut album this year. i really love this song it's probably the most upbeat on the album, i love the band on this track, it's very showtunes piano pop :) the whole album is very beautiful.
here are some songs i've had on loop lately

cute thing, car seat headrest
just started listening to car seat headrest, this is definitely my favorite of their songs, i found myself listening to it a lot. just a very chill indie rock song. there's a verse that's a reference to ana ng, and tmbg is my favorite band so that's just a funny coincidence i like.

be nice to me, the front bottoms
really love this track, a great indie rock song. all of the front bottom's stuff is just really good, if you like this one check them out.

do it anyway, ben folds five
i've just been listening to a lot of ben folds lately, it started as a joke because he did songs for the over the hedge soundtrack which are unreasonably good, but this man can just write good songs. the PIANO on this track is so good, i have to listen to a second time every time i hear it.

jesus on the telephone, machinery of the human heart
this is a new artist i like who just released his debut album this year. i really love this song it's probably the most upbeat on the album, i love the band on this track, it's very showtunes piano pop :) the whole album is very beautiful.
ca4nyRv.pngsh5xjiu.png1vAtYxM.pngtqGkHih.png
o6n8ZXM.pngR1dejfm.pngmk2bmrp.png
i'm your only friend i'm not your only friend but i'm a little glowing friend
but really i'm not actually your friend but i am
Glad you liked everything!
Glad you liked everything!
Without reading everything else (sorry too much walls of text) I don`t know if these have been mentioned yet:

Ghost!! My favorite Band for many years now.
Here is a playlist with all their songs on YouTube. They are a rock/metal band with a eighties vibe and some hilarious lore.

Powerwolf another metal band.
A Playlist

I can also recommend this Playlist. Even if you don´t like the game FNAF, the music that some YouTubers made here is really good.
Without reading everything else (sorry too much walls of text) I don`t know if these have been mentioned yet:

Ghost!! My favorite Band for many years now.
Here is a playlist with all their songs on YouTube. They are a rock/metal band with a eighties vibe and some hilarious lore.

Powerwolf another metal band.
A Playlist

I can also recommend this Playlist. Even if you don´t like the game FNAF, the music that some YouTubers made here is really good.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
I love alternative and indie rock so I recommend Muse's Supremacy, Madness, and Animals from their album (The 2nd Law) and Young the Giant's Slivertongue from their Album, Home of the Strange. Young the Giant is my favorite artist so I recommend their Young the Giant (2010), Mirror Master (2018), And Mind over Matter (2014) Albums.

Also bonus artist he's a rap artist named Raleigh Ritchie, but he is most known as Grey Worm from Game of thrones! I recommend his album Andy, its best to listen to this album in order, and know that he was a raised without a father. His lyricism really pulls at my heart strings.
I love alternative and indie rock so I recommend Muse's Supremacy, Madness, and Animals from their album (The 2nd Law) and Young the Giant's Slivertongue from their Album, Home of the Strange. Young the Giant is my favorite artist so I recommend their Young the Giant (2010), Mirror Master (2018), And Mind over Matter (2014) Albums.

Also bonus artist he's a rap artist named Raleigh Ritchie, but he is most known as Grey Worm from Game of thrones! I recommend his album Andy, its best to listen to this album in order, and know that he was a raised without a father. His lyricism really pulls at my heart strings.
VSN.png tidbits:
Tumblr.bisexual_by_con_tag_ious-dbik7q5.png
♦ if you know who this is i love u :)
1 2 3 4