Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | D&D GM workshop
1 2
@Shoey

Well well well.

That's how I'll be doing dragons for the rest of my life. That is very nice way of doing dragons

5e works on open lisense too. Very nice thing. We'll se how it's gonne bo on D&D one.
@Shoey

Well well well.

That's how I'll be doing dragons for the rest of my life. That is very nice way of doing dragons

5e works on open lisense too. Very nice thing. We'll se how it's gonne bo on D&D one.
MoOtdMJ.png
[quote name="UnseenCrow" date="2022-12-10 11:02:22" ] I'm thinking giving my players some advanced gear. Like arbalist, compound bow, better swords and some magical tools from Grim hollow.[/quote] I've only run homebrew games before and have only played a teeny bit of Tomb of Annihilation, and know that it's pretty notorious for being insanely challenging. Regardless, make sure you're not overwhelming them with too many loot options or letting them get their hands on something OP that will allow them to cheese the game. It's hard to get an idea of how exactly to keep items and abilities balanced, but I'm pretty sure there's a site (or a few of them) that does 5e combat simulations! I think it's worth checking out if you've got the time - really helps you to get an idea of how impactful the numbers can be. Also if you don't already use it, check out Kobold Fight Club! Amazing resource for building encounters.
UnseenCrow wrote on 2022-12-10 11:02:22:
I'm thinking giving my players some advanced gear. Like arbalist, compound bow, better swords and some magical tools from Grim hollow.

I've only run homebrew games before and have only played a teeny bit of Tomb of Annihilation, and know that it's pretty notorious for being insanely challenging. Regardless, make sure you're not overwhelming them with too many loot options or letting them get their hands on something OP that will allow them to cheese the game. It's hard to get an idea of how exactly to keep items and abilities balanced, but I'm pretty sure there's a site (or a few of them) that does 5e combat simulations! I think it's worth checking out if you've got the time - really helps you to get an idea of how impactful the numbers can be. Also if you don't already use it, check out Kobold Fight Club! Amazing resource for building encounters.
forum signature under construction WOOOHOOO!
@sgerj

You've broken the first and second rules of the fight club.

Yeah, I use it on semiregular phases.

I was thinking of giving them an arbalist. It's a crossbow with strength reguirments, but you can add half(?) of you str.mod. to damage, better sword what can parry as a reaction (+1d4 to AC)...

I don't think they are game breaking.

The magical loot would be something like bag of holding, some magical arrows and bolts...
@sgerj

You've broken the first and second rules of the fight club.

Yeah, I use it on semiregular phases.

I was thinking of giving them an arbalist. It's a crossbow with strength reguirments, but you can add half(?) of you str.mod. to damage, better sword what can parry as a reaction (+1d4 to AC)...

I don't think they are game breaking.

The magical loot would be something like bag of holding, some magical arrows and bolts...
MoOtdMJ.png
Has someone done a holiday oneshot?
Has someone done a holiday oneshot?
MoOtdMJ.png
Since my current dnd group is made up of new players, I bought the campaign “rime of the frost maiden” and so far they’re having a lot of fun. The secrets system adds another fun aspect to the story, and even though they’re learning, I have a lot of fun with them.

It’s chaotic, since it’s dnd, but otherwise being dm is so fun and fulfilling :)
Since my current dnd group is made up of new players, I bought the campaign “rime of the frost maiden” and so far they’re having a lot of fun. The secrets system adds another fun aspect to the story, and even though they’re learning, I have a lot of fun with them.

It’s chaotic, since it’s dnd, but otherwise being dm is so fun and fulfilling :)
Call me Soli!
She/her
I'm always subbed
Fr +0
Art Shop
Rat-King.png
1 2