Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Got a Pokemon habit?
1 2 3 4
So I've been having a lot of fun with Pokemon SV and I took a second to think about something weirdly specific I do and have always done my entire Pokemon career, and that is if I'm ever looking to catch a Pokemon that I'll intend to use for competitive play (because I do that a lot) or one I'll catch to nickname it in commemoration of someone/something, I'll ALWAYS do it with a Premier Ball. Even if I can catch a legendary and even if the Premier ball kinda stinks for catch rates, I'll not accept catching it in anything else. Not only that, but I just get a kick out of catching everything in regular Pokeballs compared to all the other fancy ball types the game throws at us. My bank account hurts buying Pokeballs in bulk just so I can have enough Premier balls to last me a while.

Do you have that one oddly specific thing that you've just been doing in Pokemon for years?
So I've been having a lot of fun with Pokemon SV and I took a second to think about something weirdly specific I do and have always done my entire Pokemon career, and that is if I'm ever looking to catch a Pokemon that I'll intend to use for competitive play (because I do that a lot) or one I'll catch to nickname it in commemoration of someone/something, I'll ALWAYS do it with a Premier Ball. Even if I can catch a legendary and even if the Premier ball kinda stinks for catch rates, I'll not accept catching it in anything else. Not only that, but I just get a kick out of catching everything in regular Pokeballs compared to all the other fancy ball types the game throws at us. My bank account hurts buying Pokeballs in bulk just so I can have enough Premier balls to last me a while.

Do you have that one oddly specific thing that you've just been doing in Pokemon for years?
Back in Pokémon White I used to hatch ALL my eggs on the same bridge, I forgot what the bridge was called but I think it was near Opelucid City

Back in Pokémon White I used to hatch ALL my eggs on the same bridge, I forgot what the bridge was called but I think it was near Opelucid City

Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
I been shiny hunting for over 6 years so that's what i've done for 6 years.
I been shiny hunting for over 6 years so that's what i've done for 6 years.
tumblr_nonnjrCJjU1uw8pgho1_500.png
I used to breed a lot but only hatch the eggs on days multiple of 5, idk why bc it didn't affect my luck lol

also CAN RELATE on X I caught all my main lads exclusively on premier balls, idk the icon is cuter than all the others :^)
I used to breed a lot but only hatch the eggs on days multiple of 5, idk why bc it didn't affect my luck lol

also CAN RELATE on X I caught all my main lads exclusively on premier balls, idk the icon is cuter than all the others :^)
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
There are certain color combinations I just c a n n o t have on my team. The biggest one is green and blue. I don’t know why, but if I have a green Pokémon and a blue Pokémon on the same team… well, I don’t lol.
My fav ball aesthetic-wise was the heal ball; in Black when Bianca gives you 5 heal balls I’d always go and catch a Woobat. Now my fav ball is luxury lol.
There are certain color combinations I just c a n n o t have on my team. The biggest one is green and blue. I don’t know why, but if I have a green Pokémon and a blue Pokémon on the same team… well, I don’t lol.
My fav ball aesthetic-wise was the heal ball; in Black when Bianca gives you 5 heal balls I’d always go and catch a Woobat. Now my fav ball is luxury lol.
I have a habit of putting all my mons I use in raids in the 32nd box.
I have a habit of putting all my mons I use in raids in the 32nd box.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
I always try to have a live dex. Love completing it and having all the stored Pokémon in order. Just really scratches the part of my lizard brain that loves collecting and ordering stuff.
I always try to have a live dex. Love completing it and having all the stored Pokémon in order. Just really scratches the part of my lizard brain that loves collecting and ordering stuff.
Whenever I'm doing a Nuzlocke, I always make the box immediately left of the default PC box the graveyard. IDK why I do it like that, it just feels right.

Also I make sure to give my 'mon's goofy/dumb/cute names. I don't want to give them regal or regular sounding names, that's boring. I want to name my Raticate Taffy and my Nidoking Post Malone.
Whenever I'm doing a Nuzlocke, I always make the box immediately left of the default PC box the graveyard. IDK why I do it like that, it just feels right.

Also I make sure to give my 'mon's goofy/dumb/cute names. I don't want to give them regal or regular sounding names, that's boring. I want to name my Raticate Taffy and my Nidoking Post Malone.
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gifszgtV0Q.pngtumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif
jFZJEcu.png
I usually don't do it on my first run of a game, but I like doing color runs. As in, I will only catch red pokemon, or blue pokemon.

My favorite color run was when I ran a red team and ran into a shiny honedge. Just... perfection. Perfection. It was so satisfying.
I usually don't do it on my first run of a game, but I like doing color runs. As in, I will only catch red pokemon, or blue pokemon.

My favorite color run was when I ran a red team and ran into a shiny honedge. Just... perfection. Perfection. It was so satisfying.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
I only ever catch 5 Pokemon in every run and stick w/ em till the end of the game, haha. Only exception to that was in Pokemon Legends since catching lots of mons is.. kinda the point of that one

I also name all Pokemon I catch minus the legendaries, but I have an exception for that too. Nebby will always be named Nebby
I only ever catch 5 Pokemon in every run and stick w/ em till the end of the game, haha. Only exception to that was in Pokemon Legends since catching lots of mons is.. kinda the point of that one

I also name all Pokemon I catch minus the legendaries, but I have an exception for that too. Nebby will always be named Nebby
bulbasaur.gifivysaur.gifvenusaur-f.gif

knives || it/he || art shop
1 2 3 4