Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Flight Change
Hello! So, I'm not massively sure where to ask this. I'm a returning player whose been off and on again- primarily because I've never felt massively attached to the flight's I was. ( Wind - > Lightning ) and I regret it- sadly. Now, there's massive pay wall in the way- 1500... gems.... thats s o many. ; - ;

I'm mostly just looking for some tips to raise more gems-- genuinely for the sole purpose of changing flights to either Shadow or Plague. (If you have a bias towards one for x reason, feel free to chat about it! I'm always open to hear.)
Hello! So, I'm not massively sure where to ask this. I'm a returning player whose been off and on again- primarily because I've never felt massively attached to the flight's I was. ( Wind - > Lightning ) and I regret it- sadly. Now, there's massive pay wall in the way- 1500... gems.... thats s o many. ; - ;

I'm mostly just looking for some tips to raise more gems-- genuinely for the sole purpose of changing flights to either Shadow or Plague. (If you have a bias towards one for x reason, feel free to chat about it! I'm always open to hear.)
hi!! i started with shadow and moved to wind, but my heart will always be with the shadow flight hehe

also, coli grinding or offering some sort of service would be my suggestion!! i can offer you a leveling service (for free, just for you bc i understand this pain ;;) so you'll have some level 25 dragons if u want!!!
hi!! i started with shadow and moved to wind, but my heart will always be with the shadow flight hehe

also, coli grinding or offering some sort of service would be my suggestion!! i can offer you a leveling service (for free, just for you bc i understand this pain ;;) so you'll have some level 25 dragons if u want!!!
@skelemom

I've written a longer post detailing Gem-obtaining methods here, but in short: items & dragons can be sold for Gems on the Auction House as much as you want, and even small things like familiar bonding or the "Well-fed bonus" can add up over time. See the link for more information.

If you make more Treasure than Gems, you can even swap currencies with other players in the Items For Sale forum. There's no hard-set G:T ratio (the value of Treasure per Gem), but it usually hovers around 1 Gem per 1,000 Treasure, so if the seller's ratio is listed at 1:1000, you could trade 500,000 Treasure for 500 Gems.

I'll note that if you planned to use the Coliseum, you might want to start over with a new team and follow EeveeDream's Leveling Guide. I took a peek at your lair, and as you've probably noticed, the Coliseum does not reward evenly-statted dragons, and you will only struggle more as you climb higher at this pace.

Even before you've finished your team or acquired an Eliminate, the Coliseum is a great way to get as many items as you can stand to farm, especially during an event like Riot of Rot! During events like this, you can save the limited-time items and resell them later for more than the All-Seeing Shrooms were worth.

I've never ventured out from Plague, myself, so I don't have a grand suggestion other than "we have bones and soup," but here are some good considerations for choosing a flight:
  • Aesthetics: How much do you like the overall look of that flight? Which banner do you want to look at whenever you view your lair? Which elemental festivals and their apparel/skins give you the look you're most interested in?
  • Eye color: what colors do your breeding pairs have? Which flight(s) would give their hatchlings the best eye color to go with it? Do you care about the different Primal eyes at all?
  • Dominance: This is a little harder to gauge looking from the outside, but in essence, do you have any interest in participating in Dominance battles, or reaping the weekly rewards? Which flight are you motivated to fight for?
  • Community: it's worth noting that each flight has unique forums for sales, Dominance, and general discussion among members the flight. Most flight-specific activities have moved to off-site avenues like Discord (including dominance planning), but it's good to consider whether you'd like to engage with members of your flight or just play casually.
@skelemom

I've written a longer post detailing Gem-obtaining methods here, but in short: items & dragons can be sold for Gems on the Auction House as much as you want, and even small things like familiar bonding or the "Well-fed bonus" can add up over time. See the link for more information.

If you make more Treasure than Gems, you can even swap currencies with other players in the Items For Sale forum. There's no hard-set G:T ratio (the value of Treasure per Gem), but it usually hovers around 1 Gem per 1,000 Treasure, so if the seller's ratio is listed at 1:1000, you could trade 500,000 Treasure for 500 Gems.

I'll note that if you planned to use the Coliseum, you might want to start over with a new team and follow EeveeDream's Leveling Guide. I took a peek at your lair, and as you've probably noticed, the Coliseum does not reward evenly-statted dragons, and you will only struggle more as you climb higher at this pace.

Even before you've finished your team or acquired an Eliminate, the Coliseum is a great way to get as many items as you can stand to farm, especially during an event like Riot of Rot! During events like this, you can save the limited-time items and resell them later for more than the All-Seeing Shrooms were worth.

I've never ventured out from Plague, myself, so I don't have a grand suggestion other than "we have bones and soup," but here are some good considerations for choosing a flight:
  • Aesthetics: How much do you like the overall look of that flight? Which banner do you want to look at whenever you view your lair? Which elemental festivals and their apparel/skins give you the look you're most interested in?
  • Eye color: what colors do your breeding pairs have? Which flight(s) would give their hatchlings the best eye color to go with it? Do you care about the different Primal eyes at all?
  • Dominance: This is a little harder to gauge looking from the outside, but in essence, do you have any interest in participating in Dominance battles, or reaping the weekly rewards? Which flight are you motivated to fight for?
  • Community: it's worth noting that each flight has unique forums for sales, Dominance, and general discussion among members the flight. Most flight-specific activities have moved to off-site avenues like Discord (including dominance planning), but it's good to consider whether you'd like to engage with members of your flight or just play casually.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
An @ for both of you solely because I'm incredibly thankful for both of your input. I've been.. struggling in relative silence for awhile.

@katbutts , First off I love the username, brought a smile to my face. If it's not too much of a hassle, that would actually be wonderful. I've been trying to get into coli but it does not.... like me. Mostly because I think I spread out my stats too thin so leveling after the training fields feels like a slap in the face and a kick in the shins. Though, I've honestly never done a leveling service. Would I return them to you after I get my dragons together(tm)? I'm assuming as such, but- its better to ask.

@Nightmarejudge , Thank you so much for the well written post. I'll definitely check out the more thorough guide- probably bookmark it or something tbh. Is treasure the kt I see around? I've noticed a few places have something similar to kt:g and never, actually explained what that is. The shock of coming back after like two years specifically hit with the eliminate price not gonna lie. I swear I remember it was like 2000 or something it was nothing like it is now. x'D

I do love me some bones (surprise, surprise) and soup. I might end up going shadow, if we're basing if off my preference for primal eyes.. and aesthetics. hrm hrm... much thinking..
An @ for both of you solely because I'm incredibly thankful for both of your input. I've been.. struggling in relative silence for awhile.

@katbutts , First off I love the username, brought a smile to my face. If it's not too much of a hassle, that would actually be wonderful. I've been trying to get into coli but it does not.... like me. Mostly because I think I spread out my stats too thin so leveling after the training fields feels like a slap in the face and a kick in the shins. Though, I've honestly never done a leveling service. Would I return them to you after I get my dragons together(tm)? I'm assuming as such, but- its better to ask.

@Nightmarejudge , Thank you so much for the well written post. I'll definitely check out the more thorough guide- probably bookmark it or something tbh. Is treasure the kt I see around? I've noticed a few places have something similar to kt:g and never, actually explained what that is. The shock of coming back after like two years specifically hit with the eliminate price not gonna lie. I swear I remember it was like 2000 or something it was nothing like it is now. x'D

I do love me some bones (surprise, surprise) and soup. I might end up going shadow, if we're basing if off my preference for primal eyes.. and aesthetics. hrm hrm... much thinking..
@skelemom Glad to help! [emoji=new friend] "kt" stands for "kilo Treasure," which indeed means "thousand Treasure" - it's just a speedy way of writing down large numbers, which is useful for pretty much any sale on the site. If you're wondering, "kg" is [i]completely[/i] different, as it means "kilo [i]Gems[/i]," so you can probably extrapolate why that's less common to see! And if you're still overwhelmed by all the changes and new content you missed, you might want to browse the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3053598][u]Chronological update reference[/u][/url] over the next few days and catch up!
@skelemom

Glad to help!

"kt" stands for "kilo Treasure," which indeed means "thousand Treasure" - it's just a speedy way of writing down large numbers, which is useful for pretty much any sale on the site. If you're wondering, "kg" is completely different, as it means "kilo Gems," so you can probably extrapolate why that's less common to see!

And if you're still overwhelmed by all the changes and new content you missed, you might want to browse the Chronological update reference over the next few days and catch up!
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@skelemom gah i wish i had more than a tablet keyboard right now!!

the way that it works is either i'll send you two of my level 25 dragons to help level some of yours, or you send me three of the dragons you want to be leveled and i would level them for you over the course of about a week (i think). i do work a lot so that's why it'll take me so long, but i'm more than happy to help!

i can even give them the stones that would work best for grinding!!

as for stats, check out this guide - this is a good alternative if you'd rather do it yourself :)

also this guide has a list of coli drops so you can grind where you want for what you want! if you get anything like vistas, eggs, or skins/accents, i highly suggest selling them for gems!
@skelemom gah i wish i had more than a tablet keyboard right now!!

the way that it works is either i'll send you two of my level 25 dragons to help level some of yours, or you send me three of the dragons you want to be leveled and i would level them for you over the course of about a week (i think). i do work a lot so that's why it'll take me so long, but i'm more than happy to help!

i can even give them the stones that would work best for grinding!!

as for stats, check out this guide - this is a good alternative if you'd rather do it yourself :)

also this guide has a list of coli drops so you can grind where you want for what you want! if you get anything like vistas, eggs, or skins/accents, i highly suggest selling them for gems!
@katbutts , That sounds wonderful omg. ; - ; Would you be up to taking three of mine, then? I don't mind sending over Forethought, Dreadmire, and Overdrive- since I would love to see them at lvl 25 and all fancy. I honestly don't mind you taking a bit to get them leveled, the sheer fact you're doing this at all is a blessing- there's no need to rush! The grinding stones would be wonderful, too, since I honestly want to .. . . grind.. . .but it feels difficult to start the process, you know?

MORE RESOURCES TO BOOKMARK!! THANK YOU... seriously oh my god i cannot thank you enough
@katbutts , That sounds wonderful omg. ; - ; Would you be up to taking three of mine, then? I don't mind sending over Forethought, Dreadmire, and Overdrive- since I would love to see them at lvl 25 and all fancy. I honestly don't mind you taking a bit to get them leveled, the sheer fact you're doing this at all is a blessing- there's no need to rush! The grinding stones would be wonderful, too, since I honestly want to .. . . grind.. . .but it feels difficult to start the process, you know?

MORE RESOURCES TO BOOKMARK!! THANK YOU... seriously oh my god i cannot thank you enough
@skelemom sure!! set up a CR and i'll stick some familiars on them and level them for you :)
@skelemom sure!! set up a CR and i'll stick some familiars on them and level them for you :)