Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clan Profile Refactor
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 47 48
Holy Arcanist, the clan bios are gorgeous [emoji=snapper love size=2] Thank you!!
Holy Arcanist, the clan bios are gorgeous Thank you!!
grQU96J.png
I love the clan info section! There's so much room for it to breathe and feels much more customizable for players to really make their profile their own. Thanks dev team!
I love the clan info section! There's so much room for it to breathe and feels much more customizable for players to really make their profile their own. Thanks dev team!
Lore
Badges
Wishlist
Verdant Hatchery. My pronouns are she/her and I am three hours ahead of Flight Rising time.
Slay
Slay
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
[quote name="ScipioAfricanus" date="2022-10-03 09:05:17" ] As with all site layout updates it'll take some getting used to, but it looks good! Changing the player info box to show vistas is nice and consistent with the forums. I actually wouldn't mind more of the info being "boxed in" -- the lair location just kind of floating there looks odd to me--but on the other hand I know that's something a lot of people were opposed to when this was first announced. [/quote] I do like the new arrangements quite a lot but I agree that the floatiness of some of the information is... pretty unpleasant. It leaves way too much white space and makes the whole profile somehow feel both cramped and too empty at the same time. If we could get the lair location, forum posts, and recent activity boxed in I think everything will look a lot easier on the eyes.
ScipioAfricanus wrote on 2022-10-03 09:05:17:
As with all site layout updates it'll take some getting used to, but it looks good! Changing the player info box to show vistas is nice and consistent with the forums. I actually wouldn't mind more of the info being "boxed in" -- the lair location just kind of floating there looks odd to me--but on the other hand I know that's something a lot of people were opposed to when this was first announced.

I do like the new arrangements quite a lot but I agree that the floatiness of some of the information is... pretty unpleasant. It leaves way too much white space and makes the whole profile somehow feel both cramped and too empty at the same time. If we could get the lair location, forum posts, and recent activity boxed in I think everything will look a lot easier on the eyes.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
"Refactor is not a revamp" ...except this totally is. xD I'm just glad we had some warning, albeit months ago. (a "yes the visuals are changing" note woulda been nice though) Overall it's fine I guess, but: [quote name="Kaepora" date="2022-10-03 08:38:31" ] The activity status indicator is not new, but the updated layout has made players more aware of its existence. If you want, you can hide your active status by setting your account visibility to invisible in your Account Settings. [/quote] Yeah but see, it was in a place that had to be actively sought out. This just screams the info for anyone visiting your profile. As someone who has an irregular schedule and pops online to check things like Baldwin, it's now putting the pressure of feeling like I have to respond to people RIGHT NOW IMMEDIATELY. Who has the spoons for that?! And yeah, we can turn that part off but it was kinda nice to be able to actually have that turned on in a NON-invasive way. People had to click the active users link to find out, and most of the time that gets used for giftbombing whoever's online! It would be so much better if we could turn off the activity *just on the profile* (or remove it altogether!)
"Refactor is not a revamp"
...except this totally is. xD I'm just glad we had some warning, albeit months ago. (a "yes the visuals are changing" note woulda been nice though)

Overall it's fine I guess, but:
Kaepora wrote on 2022-10-03 08:38:31:
The activity status indicator is not new, but the updated layout has made players more aware of its existence. If you want, you can hide your active status by setting your account visibility to invisible in your Account Settings.

Yeah but see, it was in a place that had to be actively sought out. This just screams the info for anyone visiting your profile. As someone who has an irregular schedule and pops online to check things like Baldwin, it's now putting the pressure of feeling like I have to respond to people RIGHT NOW IMMEDIATELY. Who has the spoons for that?! And yeah, we can turn that part off but it was kinda nice to be able to actually have that turned on in a NON-invasive way. People had to click the active users link to find out, and most of the time that gets used for giftbombing whoever's online! It would be so much better if we could turn off the activity *just on the profile* (or remove it altogether!)
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
[size=2]FR needed this update. it's visually way more appealing, everything looks bigger and more open, way more customizable and just overall good. almost no website remains the same for 9 years, it's unrealistic to expect a website to keep the same look for nearly a decade, this is way too long to not do any major changes. I am really loving the new look, I am just so glad vistas play a role on user profiles now, and the bio box size upgrade is just what I needed! thank you for this wonderful change! [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/size]
FR needed this update. it's visually way more appealing, everything looks bigger and more open, way more customizable and just overall good.

almost no website remains the same for 9 years, it's unrealistic to expect a website to keep the same look for nearly a decade, this is way too long to not do any major changes. I am really loving the new look, I am just so glad vistas play a role on user profiles now, and the bio box size upgrade is just what I needed!

thank you for this wonderful change!
banner by fellefan
Looking good! I am looking forward to the "continued visual improvements, additional features and quality of life improvements, brand new activities and options" especially if it means I can toggle off recent hatches and who I became friends with recently because that's kind of awkward.
Looking good! I am looking forward to the "continued visual improvements, additional features and quality of life improvements, brand new activities and options" especially if it means I can toggle off recent hatches and who I became friends with recently because that's kind of awkward.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
This is probably the most visually unappealing update we've received in years. It does not look good.

Everything feels too out in the open, and the comment section is clunky as all get out.

Kinda wish we had the option to go back to the old profile layout if we don't have giant, fancy clan bios, can't stand this new one.

Thank you for all the hard work you continue to do on site, though.
This is probably the most visually unappealing update we've received in years. It does not look good.

Everything feels too out in the open, and the comment section is clunky as all get out.

Kinda wish we had the option to go back to the old profile layout if we don't have giant, fancy clan bios, can't stand this new one.

Thank you for all the hard work you continue to do on site, though.
awh the birthdays are gone i was using that to remember my friend's birthdays bc brain no work
awh the birthdays are gone i was using that to remember my friend's birthdays bc brain no work
F4fc8q9.png
Clan profiles look amazing now!
Clan profiles look amazing now!
AU46yR2.png...btK22Y7.png...Uncommon-Death.png __ ...
necramancy
the plaguebringer is my spirit animal

1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 47 48