Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | Solstice (Closed-please do not post)
1 2 3 4 5 6
@StrawberryZombie

ya'll don't even know how hardcore I've wanted something like this especially if I could pay with treasure
@StrawberryZombie

ya'll don't even know how hardcore I've wanted something like this especially if I could pay with treasure
@daughterofapollo - I'm sure we'll accept all forms of payment. =3 I've been trawling the art forums to try to get a grasp for pricing but as usual, it's pretty hard. A lot of people seem to accept USD, gems, and treasure - which, ideally, is what we would accept too.

But conversion rates between the three are all over the place. OwO;

Out of curiosity, what would you price our adoptable at?
@daughterofapollo - I'm sure we'll accept all forms of payment. =3 I've been trawling the art forums to try to get a grasp for pricing but as usual, it's pretty hard. A lot of people seem to accept USD, gems, and treasure - which, ideally, is what we would accept too.

But conversion rates between the three are all over the place. OwO;

Out of curiosity, what would you price our adoptable at?
Solstice on FR? Count me in! I'd follow you guys anywhere. XD I honestly forgot I even had this account. 8D Time to get active on here again!
Solstice on FR? Count me in! I'd follow you guys anywhere. XD I honestly forgot I even had this account. 8D Time to get active on here again!
@StrawberryZombie

I would base my prices on time, effort, and level of customization. I think it could also be fairly easy to merge the Solstice pricing from the homesite with flight rising currency.
@StrawberryZombie

I would base my prices on time, effort, and level of customization. I think it could also be fairly easy to merge the Solstice pricing from the homesite with flight rising currency.
Just notice you guys in the adoptable thread, and I think it would be great if you expanded to FR. :)
Just notice you guys in the adoptable thread, and I think it would be great if you expanded to FR. :)
tumblr_inline_n5l9fw5kQh1scrvs1.png
@StrawberryZombie

SOLSTICE. ON FR. This is all sort of exciting!

Well, after that moment of intense happiness I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I love the Solstice and PI's rules make it difficult for me to get my OCs the way I really want them (i.e my werewolves). So expanding to here... well, I would be all over it. I've just been crazy busy with school that I haven't had a chance to be very active. I promise I've been lurking though xD
@StrawberryZombie

SOLSTICE. ON FR. This is all sort of exciting!

Well, after that moment of intense happiness I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I love the Solstice and PI's rules make it difficult for me to get my OCs the way I really want them (i.e my werewolves). So expanding to here... well, I would be all over it. I've just been crazy busy with school that I haven't had a chance to be very active. I promise I've been lurking though xD
@Siopilos - the last custom I did for you is always on my list of "this is how complex they can get" samples. XDD

I love PI. The community is great, the site is great and I love that USD transactions are allowed and considered perfectly normal (even desirable in many cases) because that makes it so much more worthwhile and fun to actually offer any kind of art there. But the rules really do hamper anyone wanting to do humanoid art. @_@;

None of my characters dress horribly or run around nude but a lot of them are still hard to do over on PI because their rules are so strict. ;A;

I actually came really close to not doing Solstice there at all when they vetoed several items I felt really should have been okay, and said the fauns had to follow the normal pants rules because their legs weren't "fluffy" enough. OxO;

@daughterofapollo - I totally agree about that being the formula needed to determine pricing. But I don't think all pricing models will work in every community. Based on what I'm seeing (which could be wrong), it feels like PonyIsland (which is what all the website pricing is based on) is much more inclined to spend USD on art, where on FlightRising, prices seem far more geared toward gems and treasure. For that reason, it seems apropos to offer USD as an option, but not put as much focus on it.

The conversion rates between the currency also seem really inconsistent. I think I've gathered that 100gems = $1.00 . But the conversion between gems and treasure has varied from 1gem = 350T to 1 gem = 500t ...on a small scale, that isn't a huge difference but as the prices go up, that makes a substantial difference.

The other thing that makes me unsure what price range would be considered acceptable and competitive here is that there aren't a lot of comparable adoptables right now in terms of subject matter and style.

I dunno. I'll have to look around more and look at our current prices. I may write up a "test" FR price list and see what people think. OwO
@Siopilos - the last custom I did for you is always on my list of "this is how complex they can get" samples. XDD

I love PI. The community is great, the site is great and I love that USD transactions are allowed and considered perfectly normal (even desirable in many cases) because that makes it so much more worthwhile and fun to actually offer any kind of art there. But the rules really do hamper anyone wanting to do humanoid art. @_@;

None of my characters dress horribly or run around nude but a lot of them are still hard to do over on PI because their rules are so strict. ;A;

I actually came really close to not doing Solstice there at all when they vetoed several items I felt really should have been okay, and said the fauns had to follow the normal pants rules because their legs weren't "fluffy" enough. OxO;

@daughterofapollo - I totally agree about that being the formula needed to determine pricing. But I don't think all pricing models will work in every community. Based on what I'm seeing (which could be wrong), it feels like PonyIsland (which is what all the website pricing is based on) is much more inclined to spend USD on art, where on FlightRising, prices seem far more geared toward gems and treasure. For that reason, it seems apropos to offer USD as an option, but not put as much focus on it.

The conversion rates between the currency also seem really inconsistent. I think I've gathered that 100gems = $1.00 . But the conversion between gems and treasure has varied from 1gem = 350T to 1 gem = 500t ...on a small scale, that isn't a huge difference but as the prices go up, that makes a substantial difference.

The other thing that makes me unsure what price range would be considered acceptable and competitive here is that there aren't a lot of comparable adoptables right now in terms of subject matter and style.

I dunno. I'll have to look around more and look at our current prices. I may write up a "test" FR price list and see what people think. OwO
@StrawberryZombie

I 100% agree about having USD as an option but not as the main focus. In general on Flight Rising I would say that Treasure is the most commonly asked for form of currency with Gems used for more premium items. Also the Gem to Treasure exchange rate is highly dependent on the seller.

I've been on here since a few days after the site opened and the Gem rate has changed dramatically over the last year. A preliminary price list would work well, and I would love to have a chance to look one over and assist you with adjustments.
When I looked over your price list on your website it honestly felt daunting with the $12=1 million, such a large price (especially on here) can feel overwhelming. A more compact and simple list is usually what sellers go for here.

As you mentioned products such as yours are not common here and I think that non-dragon related adoptables would be a unique and welcome sight. Perhaps they could even bring more variety to the adoptables section. With that said the prices should be close to the other sellers but not so far out of that general price range, something comfortable for you and your customers.

From the aspect of getting customers attention I suggest that you definitely include some information on the lore. Seeing that it is in the same general group (creation and customization of a character/s with a large focus on the world they live in) it might make them intrigued about your product.

Sorry if this came off as stuffy or pushy, I was giving my best attempt at being business-like. But I really would love to help you out more with this, it's a great idea and I legit spent three hours browsing your site and the forum. ( I may have also made like four characters in my head already). :3
@StrawberryZombie

I 100% agree about having USD as an option but not as the main focus. In general on Flight Rising I would say that Treasure is the most commonly asked for form of currency with Gems used for more premium items. Also the Gem to Treasure exchange rate is highly dependent on the seller.

I've been on here since a few days after the site opened and the Gem rate has changed dramatically over the last year. A preliminary price list would work well, and I would love to have a chance to look one over and assist you with adjustments.
When I looked over your price list on your website it honestly felt daunting with the $12=1 million, such a large price (especially on here) can feel overwhelming. A more compact and simple list is usually what sellers go for here.

As you mentioned products such as yours are not common here and I think that non-dragon related adoptables would be a unique and welcome sight. Perhaps they could even bring more variety to the adoptables section. With that said the prices should be close to the other sellers but not so far out of that general price range, something comfortable for you and your customers.

From the aspect of getting customers attention I suggest that you definitely include some information on the lore. Seeing that it is in the same general group (creation and customization of a character/s with a large focus on the world they live in) it might make them intrigued about your product.

Sorry if this came off as stuffy or pushy, I was giving my best attempt at being business-like. But I really would love to help you out more with this, it's a great idea and I legit spent three hours browsing your site and the forum. ( I may have also made like four characters in my head already). :3
@daughterofapollo - first off, don't apologize! I'm really grateful for your advice and help! site currency is a lot different on PI, for sure, I think. Though my initial figures were way off because I really should NOT post when I first wake up. OwO; But with the community less inclined to spend money, it may require lower prices overall.

Which isn't a huge issue because it's a smaller community anyway. OwO We definitely wouldn't be asking for treasure in the millions, over here. I'm thinking that I'll need to restructure our forms and stuff for FR too but I don't know. There's a lot to take into consideration XD I need to try to work on it today a bit. I'd be glad to get some feedback from you on it when it's all ready.

But the lore and world building will definitely be over here too. It's so built into the adoptable with the tribes and everything, that it really can't be separated. Plus, I spent so much time creating it all, that I'm more like "You will have the lore whether you like it or not! D=
@daughterofapollo - first off, don't apologize! I'm really grateful for your advice and help! site currency is a lot different on PI, for sure, I think. Though my initial figures were way off because I really should NOT post when I first wake up. OwO; But with the community less inclined to spend money, it may require lower prices overall.

Which isn't a huge issue because it's a smaller community anyway. OwO We definitely wouldn't be asking for treasure in the millions, over here. I'm thinking that I'll need to restructure our forms and stuff for FR too but I don't know. There's a lot to take into consideration XD I need to try to work on it today a bit. I'd be glad to get some feedback from you on it when it's all ready.

But the lore and world building will definitely be over here too. It's so built into the adoptable with the tribes and everything, that it really can't be separated. Plus, I spent so much time creating it all, that I'm more like "You will have the lore whether you like it or not! D=
[quote name="StrawberryZombie" date="2014-07-16 10:21:59"]None of my characters dress horribly[b] or run around nude[/b] but a lot of them are still hard to do over on PI because their rules are [i]so [/i]strict. ;A; [/quote] @strawberryzombie [img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e395/SolsticeTwoTrees/Owner%20Folders/PookaWitch/PookaWitchPhae.png[/img] [b]Phae:[/b] Wait! What's wrong with that? Oooooh, right, censors. *tugs at her clothing* (hope it's okay that I'm posting her here. ^^; )
StrawberryZombie wrote on 2014-07-16 10:21:59:

@strawberryzombie

PookaWitchPhae.png
Phae: Wait! What's wrong with that? Oooooh, right, censors. *tugs at her clothing*

(hope it's okay that I'm posting her here. ^^; )
PhiTasKissysiggy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6