Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] 1x1 with Suffer
1 2 3 4 5 6
Rye

Rye hummed, taking the poster in his talons before looking up at Bramble with a doubtful expression. "Are you sure this isn't a hoax? You know how some of the dragonets around here like to pull pranks," he said, voice somewhat fond.

Bramble was right, though, Rye thought, his eyes studying the poster thoughtfully. Both themself and Bramble would meet the requirements, if this prophecy really was real.

Prophecies weren't the most common. After a while, they started to dwindle off, oftentimes NightWings keeping them to themselves, letting fate serve itself. Even when they did come up, many tended to shrug them off.

"Were NightWings just... handing out posters in the square?" Rye asked, confused. Being a trade-based town, their village did tend to get dragons of all kinds, but Rye was still somewhat curious as to where Bramble even got the poster.
Rye

Rye hummed, taking the poster in his talons before looking up at Bramble with a doubtful expression. "Are you sure this isn't a hoax? You know how some of the dragonets around here like to pull pranks," he said, voice somewhat fond.

Bramble was right, though, Rye thought, his eyes studying the poster thoughtfully. Both themself and Bramble would meet the requirements, if this prophecy really was real.

Prophecies weren't the most common. After a while, they started to dwindle off, oftentimes NightWings keeping them to themselves, letting fate serve itself. Even when they did come up, many tended to shrug them off.

"Were NightWings just... handing out posters in the square?" Rye asked, confused. Being a trade-based town, their village did tend to get dragons of all kinds, but Rye was still somewhat curious as to where Bramble even got the poster.
any pronouns :]
frt +0
art shop
Bramble
Bramble waved off his questions, sitting down and raising a hand up to about halfway up her neck.
“Do you think any little itty bitty dragonets can reach this high to put up a poster? You’d need to stack, like, five of them.” She said, smiling at the idea of a little pyramid of hatchlings trying to put up a poster.

“Nah, they were pinned up everywhere by the oasis. I don’t know who put them up, maybe it was that caravan of nightwings that stops buy every few years? Or it could be a trader who regularly visits the nightwing kingdom?” She mused, trying to guess who it might refer to.

“So, what do you think? Should we go save the world and bring a new queen? Ooh, who do you think the queen is? There’s so much gossip about each of them, but which is the worst?”
Bramble
Bramble waved off his questions, sitting down and raising a hand up to about halfway up her neck.
“Do you think any little itty bitty dragonets can reach this high to put up a poster? You’d need to stack, like, five of them.” She said, smiling at the idea of a little pyramid of hatchlings trying to put up a poster.

“Nah, they were pinned up everywhere by the oasis. I don’t know who put them up, maybe it was that caravan of nightwings that stops buy every few years? Or it could be a trader who regularly visits the nightwing kingdom?” She mused, trying to guess who it might refer to.

“So, what do you think? Should we go save the world and bring a new queen? Ooh, who do you think the queen is? There’s so much gossip about each of them, but which is the worst?”
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
Rye

Rye nodded in a thoughtful manner, a smile gracing his own snout. Now that Bramble mentioned it, Rye wasn't sure dragonets would be able to write out half of the words on the paper.

"That is true." Rye nodded, "I didn't see the caravan recently, but I may have missed them."

Rye laughed at Bramble's proposition, tilting their head and tapping on the poster, "this is a broad amount of dragons," Rye gestured to the age range, "but I think it would be fun, so let's do it." Rye said easily, stretching out his wings and talons out a bit, his joints a bit tight after standing in the living room static for so long.

"The queen... hmmm... well, if we look at the first line in the prophecy, it says 'muck and grime.'" Rye pondered, "certainly that must mean the Mud Kingdom, right?"
Rye

Rye nodded in a thoughtful manner, a smile gracing his own snout. Now that Bramble mentioned it, Rye wasn't sure dragonets would be able to write out half of the words on the paper.

"That is true." Rye nodded, "I didn't see the caravan recently, but I may have missed them."

Rye laughed at Bramble's proposition, tilting their head and tapping on the poster, "this is a broad amount of dragons," Rye gestured to the age range, "but I think it would be fun, so let's do it." Rye said easily, stretching out his wings and talons out a bit, his joints a bit tight after standing in the living room static for so long.

"The queen... hmmm... well, if we look at the first line in the prophecy, it says 'muck and grime.'" Rye pondered, "certainly that must mean the Mud Kingdom, right?"
frt +0
art shop
Bramble
Bramble nodded along with Rye, suddenly very upset with herself for not catching the caravan before it left. They had the prettiest obsidian jewelry, even though she could barely afford it, never mind the diamonds.

She jumped up, exited that Rye actually wanted to go out and do this super cool thing.
“Oooh, that sounds fun! Well, it doesn’t seem fun according to the prophecy, but it’s supposed to be really pretty there, right? Mangroves, ponds, cute ducks…” she mused, dreaming of trying the fancy delicacies of the mud kingdom.

“Wait a minute, are we going now? Like right now? Don’t we need supplies or something? The caravans always have tons of supplies, but the heroes in the scrolls never do.”

((Wow went to a festival and was so burnt out when I came back. Sorry that this late!))
Bramble
Bramble nodded along with Rye, suddenly very upset with herself for not catching the caravan before it left. They had the prettiest obsidian jewelry, even though she could barely afford it, never mind the diamonds.

She jumped up, exited that Rye actually wanted to go out and do this super cool thing.
“Oooh, that sounds fun! Well, it doesn’t seem fun according to the prophecy, but it’s supposed to be really pretty there, right? Mangroves, ponds, cute ducks…” she mused, dreaming of trying the fancy delicacies of the mud kingdom.

“Wait a minute, are we going now? Like right now? Don’t we need supplies or something? The caravans always have tons of supplies, but the heroes in the scrolls never do.”

((Wow went to a festival and was so burnt out when I came back. Sorry that this late!))
7zcCDc4.png
((hey just wanted to drop in and lyk that im not totally dead, im just super swamped atm. will respond when i get the chance ^^
((hey just wanted to drop in and lyk that im not totally dead, im just super swamped atm. will respond when i get the chance ^^
frt +0
art shop
((Don’t worry about it! I’ve got quite a bit of work coming up soon too))
((Don’t worry about it! I’ve got quite a bit of work coming up soon too))
7zcCDc4.png
Rye

"It'll depend on where we go in the Mud Kingdom, but if we're travelling to see the queen, then it'll definitely look scenic." Rye agreed. If they were good at painting, Rye was certain that he'd enjoy setting up a blank canvas and illustrating the landscapes to capture the memories.

Rye considered Bramble's words, smiling a bit, "well there aren't any rules about heroes not being well-prepared." Rye nodded, "we should definitely prepare a little before we go. Thankfully, I should have enough stuff in my house that we don't need to go out onto the market and buy things."

"What should we bring? I have a couple of satchels, but we certainly shouldn't overpack. Water canteens, food, bandages..."

((tysm, and no worries on your end either if you ever have any abt not responding ^^!))
Rye

"It'll depend on where we go in the Mud Kingdom, but if we're travelling to see the queen, then it'll definitely look scenic." Rye agreed. If they were good at painting, Rye was certain that he'd enjoy setting up a blank canvas and illustrating the landscapes to capture the memories.

Rye considered Bramble's words, smiling a bit, "well there aren't any rules about heroes not being well-prepared." Rye nodded, "we should definitely prepare a little before we go. Thankfully, I should have enough stuff in my house that we don't need to go out onto the market and buy things."

"What should we bring? I have a couple of satchels, but we certainly shouldn't overpack. Water canteens, food, bandages..."

((tysm, and no worries on your end either if you ever have any abt not responding ^^!))
frt +0
art shop
Bramble
“Ooh yeah, I can’t wait to see the castle! I wonder what it looks like, it’s been a while since I lost that scroll…” Bramble grinned, though it faded slightly when she remembered that it had mysteriously vanished from her room and she still hadn’t found it.

“Food, water, bandages…what about a map?” She said, standing and starting to sift through all the books and papers around her. She had no idea how Rye could sit down for long enough to read anything. Some dragons could spit acid, some could sit down for more than ten minutes. It was crazy.
“Do we need a map? You’ve probably memorized one after all that reading you do. Maybe we’ll bring one just in case though? I don’t want to end up in the Ice kingdom because I though I was going in the right direction.”

((Something really quick here, but uh, we forgot about the rainwing queen?? Do you want to nab her or should I take her??))
Bramble
“Ooh yeah, I can’t wait to see the castle! I wonder what it looks like, it’s been a while since I lost that scroll…” Bramble grinned, though it faded slightly when she remembered that it had mysteriously vanished from her room and she still hadn’t found it.

“Food, water, bandages…what about a map?” She said, standing and starting to sift through all the books and papers around her. She had no idea how Rye could sit down for long enough to read anything. Some dragons could spit acid, some could sit down for more than ten minutes. It was crazy.
“Do we need a map? You’ve probably memorized one after all that reading you do. Maybe we’ll bring one just in case though? I don’t want to end up in the Ice kingdom because I though I was going in the right direction.”

((Something really quick here, but uh, we forgot about the rainwing queen?? Do you want to nab her or should I take her??))
7zcCDc4.png
1 2 3 4 5 6