Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ball Pythons
Excuse the newbie, please, but I had scrolled through a few pages of threads and had seen no topics on any types of pet snakes. If there's something recent I missed, my apologies... ;w;

I adore snakes and just received my first ball, Quetzalcoatl, (also my first pet snake!) the day before yesterday as a birthday gift I've been anticipating for a long time. It hasn't been sexed yet, but its a good eighteen inches or so and just a normal morph but absolutely beautiful with very bold markings! Such a curious little guy too, so adorable. *w*
My first snake and I know I'm not gonna be able to resist getting more later on, lol. I'm so excited to watch Quetzy here grow up!

That aside, I'm curious, who else keeps ball pythons? Collect/breed them? Pictures would be adored!
Excuse the newbie, please, but I had scrolled through a few pages of threads and had seen no topics on any types of pet snakes. If there's something recent I missed, my apologies... ;w;

I adore snakes and just received my first ball, Quetzalcoatl, (also my first pet snake!) the day before yesterday as a birthday gift I've been anticipating for a long time. It hasn't been sexed yet, but its a good eighteen inches or so and just a normal morph but absolutely beautiful with very bold markings! Such a curious little guy too, so adorable. *w*
My first snake and I know I'm not gonna be able to resist getting more later on, lol. I'm so excited to watch Quetzy here grow up!

That aside, I'm curious, who else keeps ball pythons? Collect/breed them? Pictures would be adored!
VSColress.png
@Akromatika BEEPS BEEPS BEEPS! Thanks for starting this thread! I'd love to see pictures from you, too. :D Quetzalcoatl is a fantastic snake name. He sounds like a great little guy. Snakes are definitely hard to keep just one of, especially ball pythons. They just need (and want) so little space, and once you get their set-up just right they're super low maintenance. My house mates have two others, but here are my three. All of these are phone photos so none of them are particularly excellent, but I do break out the camera occasionally. Neptune: [center][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/b72de8e6d3a35f285b826bd587801fe2/tumblr_n8l4coVp8p1sj4ua6o1_1280.jpg[/img][/center] Medusa: [center][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/d1378714a2d851b0fd15910b908dfdde/tumblr_n8l5j7EPq71sj4ua6o1_1280.jpg[/img][/center] and Juno, who has chronic blurryface: [center][img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/7163761511734d86f2fb170b3b5998ba/tumblr_n719e9IS941sj4ua6o1_1280.jpg[/img][/center]
@Akromatika BEEPS BEEPS BEEPS!

Thanks for starting this thread! I'd love to see pictures from you, too. :D Quetzalcoatl is a fantastic snake name. He sounds like a great little guy. Snakes are definitely hard to keep just one of, especially ball pythons. They just need (and want) so little space, and once you get their set-up just right they're super low maintenance.

My house mates have two others, but here are my three. All of these are phone photos so none of them are particularly excellent, but I do break out the camera occasionally.

Neptune:
tumblr_n8l4coVp8p1sj4ua6o1_1280.jpg

Medusa:
tumblr_n8l5j7EPq71sj4ua6o1_1280.jpg

and Juno, who has chronic blurryface:
tumblr_n719e9IS941sj4ua6o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro6_250.gif
SNEKS

I really want a snake one day. :c Aahhhhh Ball Pythons are AWESOME.
SNEKS

I really want a snake one day. :c Aahhhhh Ball Pythons are AWESOME.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
aw I loves it! I have never had a reptile but very much want a snake or beardie someday x.x they are just so cute. Used to catch garder snakes all the time lol.
aw I loves it! I have never had a reptile but very much want a snake or beardie someday x.x they are just so cute. Used to catch garder snakes all the time lol.
@Salamandra, Juno is absolutely beautiful! I love his color hhhh. Neptune and Medusa are also cuties, I love piebalds lol. Here's a picture of Quetzy the day I brought him home. As said before, just a normal, but I think they're just as beautiful as all the different morphs out there, ahaha. [img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/723ce3bba023a6bee51d31ffc56ebd33/tumblr_n8nk12DLkb1tqqx7so1_400.jpg[/img] (Excuse the crappy phone picture,,,,)
@Salamandra, Juno is absolutely beautiful! I love his color hhhh. Neptune and Medusa are also cuties, I love piebalds lol.

Here's a picture of Quetzy the day I brought him home. As said before, just a normal, but I think they're just as beautiful as all the different morphs out there, ahaha.

tumblr_n8nk12DLkb1tqqx7so1_400.jpg

(Excuse the crappy phone picture,,,,)
VSColress.png
@acromatika
God I wish for a snake, but I have this large girl instead since snakes are illegal in my country.
http://succubuslust.deviantart.com/art/large-girl-352899931
@acromatika
God I wish for a snake, but I have this large girl instead since snakes are illegal in my country.
http://succubuslust.deviantart.com/art/large-girl-352899931
tumblr_inline_nwu3otaP9J1t7d5o3_500.gif
unfortunately i cant say i have one of my own, in fact snakes are illegal to keep as pets in my country. but ball pythons are some of my dream pets! theyre just so endearing, and with so many beautiful morph possibilities. pardon me while i fondly admire your babies. :'')
unfortunately i cant say i have one of my own, in fact snakes are illegal to keep as pets in my country. but ball pythons are some of my dream pets! theyre just so endearing, and with so many beautiful morph possibilities. pardon me while i fondly admire your babies. :'')

That is why we live like heathens
Stealing from the trees of Eden
Living in the arms of freedom
And everything we touch is evil
I can't really post pictures from my iPad but I have two.
Amber: cinnamon blitz female
Castiel: normal male
I can't really post pictures from my iPad but I have two.
Amber: cinnamon blitz female
Castiel: normal male
3727928785_f191ae63a3_b.jpg
@Succubuslust SKINK. SKINKSKINKSKINKKKKK

I love them. I love their fat sausage bodies and their itty-bitty tiny sausage legs. SKINKSSS

@Akromatika

Thank you! I agree, I think normals are really under-rated and they're all beautiful. He looks like a little fella'. :D cuuute.
@Succubuslust SKINK. SKINKSKINKSKINKKKKK

I love them. I love their fat sausage bodies and their itty-bitty tiny sausage legs. SKINKSSS

@Akromatika

Thank you! I agree, I think normals are really under-rated and they're all beautiful. He looks like a little fella'. :D cuuute.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro6_250.gif