Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What all is popular now?
1 2
Just coming back after being gone for ages. I'm curious about what dragons and genes are popular now as well as colors?
Just coming back after being gone for ages. I'm curious about what dragons and genes are popular now as well as colors?
im kinda wondering, were there ever any one certain kind of dragons that were widely popular? was the community ever small enough for one type of dragon to be? because besides when a new gene or something is released and that gets popular for like a week, it seems like theres just too many people and different tastes for anything to actually be "popular" which is kinda cool, everyones got their own themes and stuff

im curious too though, what kind of dragon trends were there?
im kinda wondering, were there ever any one certain kind of dragons that were widely popular? was the community ever small enough for one type of dragon to be? because besides when a new gene or something is released and that gets popular for like a week, it seems like theres just too many people and different tastes for anything to actually be "popular" which is kinda cool, everyones got their own themes and stuff

LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-08-27 13:58:20" ] im kinda wondering, were there ever any one certain kind of dragons that were widely popular? was the community ever small enough for one type of dragon to be? because besides when a new gene or something is released and that gets popular for like a week, it seems like theres just too many people and different tastes for anything to actually be "popular" which is kinda cool, everyones got their own themes and stuff im curious too though, what kind of dragon trends were there? [/quote] cherub/butterfly/glimmer, crystal/facet/gembond or irishim/gembond. not sure about nowadays.
aludesh wrote on 2022-08-27 13:58:20:

cherub/butterfly/glimmer, crystal/facet/gembond or irishim/gembond. not sure about nowadays.
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-08-27 13:58:20" ] im curious too though, what kind of dragon trends were there? [/quote] There was a thread for this semi-recently! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3154374/1
There was a thread for this semi-recently! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3154374/1
Oasis Songbird .And then the sea swept in, and left us all speechless...
. Wishlist... Sales/Trades... Grab Bags
. Skin/Accent Grab Bags
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-08-27 13:58:20" ] im kinda wondering, were there ever any one certain kind of dragons that were widely popular? was the community ever small enough for one type of dragon to be? because besides when a new gene or something is released and that gets popular for like a week, it seems like theres just too many people and different tastes for anything to actually be "popular" which is kinda cool, everyones got their own themes and stuff im curious too though, what kind of dragon trends were there? [/quote] People are generally talking about major trends, i.e. colour or gene combos that for a period of time were being heavily bree and purchased, usually at a higher price. Triples were huge for a long while, and had a resurgence when the colour wheel expanded. Snowbellies were huge at one point along with xxys generally. Pastels were a more recent trend (particularly 'pink lemonade'), then pseudo-triples where all the accent colours matched one of the other colours. Deity dragons had their heyday... That's about all I can remember if the top of my head.

People are generally talking about major trends, i.e. colour or gene combos that for a period of time were being heavily bree and purchased, usually at a higher price.

Triples were huge for a long while, and had a resurgence when the colour wheel expanded. Snowbellies were huge at one point along with xxys generally. Pastels were a more recent trend (particularly 'pink lemonade'), then pseudo-triples where all the accent colours matched one of the other colours. Deity dragons had their heyday... That's about all I can remember if the top of my head.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
So nothing is overly popular at the moment? Darn.
So nothing is overly popular at the moment? Darn.
[quote name="Berrylilly" date="2022-08-27 13:50:56" ] Just coming back after being gone for ages. I'm curious about what dragons and genes are popular now as well as colors? [/quote] Pretty varied but new stuff is generally popular, along with shiny genes like star/con but its mostly personal taste. Pastels never really seem to go fully out of style, same with eyeburners and grayscales but these have their ups and downs as to popularity.
Berrylilly wrote on 2022-08-27 13:50:56:
Pretty varied but new stuff is generally popular, along with shiny genes like star/con but its mostly personal taste.

Pastels never really seem to go fully out of style, same with eyeburners and grayscales but these have their ups and downs as to popularity.
I will put something here eventually.
[quote name="Realcottoncat" date="2022-08-27 14:41:35" ] [quote name="Berrylilly" date="2022-08-27 13:50:56" ] Just coming back after being gone for ages. I'm curious about what dragons and genes are popular now as well as colors? [/quote] Pretty varied but new stuff is generally popular, along with shiny genes like star/con but its mostly personal taste. Pastels never really seem to go fully out of style, same with eyeburners and grayscales but these have their ups and downs as to popularity. [/quote] Thank you! I figured it may be personal taste still but I knew star/com/Firefly was really popular for awhile. There were a few others but I don't really remember.
Realcottoncat wrote on 2022-08-27 14:41:35:
Berrylilly wrote on 2022-08-27 13:50:56:
Pretty varied but new stuff is generally popular, along with shiny genes like star/con but its mostly personal taste.

Pastels never really seem to go fully out of style, same with eyeburners and grayscales but these have their ups and downs as to popularity.

Thank you! I figured it may be personal taste still but I knew star/com/Firefly was really popular for awhile. There were a few others but I don't really remember.
Popular now? Newest stuff is a safe bet. Lots of Abbies and Obelisks. Fair amount of Pharoh/Sarcophagus. I see very heavy use of Flaunt/Flair (its definitely an awesome gene set). I can't say I've noticed any one tert used with them more than others.... I think I remember seeing a few Pha/sarc/ghost (or glimmer, glimmer is still really popular). I feel like for abbies you see slime/sludge/polypore in some green ranges often.

Are Boulder/Myrid popular? I feel like they should be but I can't say I've seen it often in scrying threads so idk.

I think some oldies are still popular though, I still see a lot of wasp/bee dragons with glimmer or stained or whatever really.
Popular now? Newest stuff is a safe bet. Lots of Abbies and Obelisks. Fair amount of Pharoh/Sarcophagus. I see very heavy use of Flaunt/Flair (its definitely an awesome gene set). I can't say I've noticed any one tert used with them more than others.... I think I remember seeing a few Pha/sarc/ghost (or glimmer, glimmer is still really popular). I feel like for abbies you see slime/sludge/polypore in some green ranges often.

Are Boulder/Myrid popular? I feel like they should be but I can't say I've seen it often in scrying threads so idk.

I think some oldies are still popular though, I still see a lot of wasp/bee dragons with glimmer or stained or whatever really.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Flaunt/Flair is probably the most popular combo right now, but anything new is a safe bet. XYZs are also extremely popular right now, unlike the past, where they were typically shafted for XXY/XYYs or XXXs.
Flaunt/Flair is probably the most popular combo right now, but anything new is a safe bet. XYZs are also extremely popular right now, unlike the past, where they were typically shafted for XXY/XYYs or XXXs.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
1 2