Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you make your bed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I literally never make my bed. Not even when I clean my room or do laundry. All I use is a sheet, blanket, and pillows though so there isn't much to make. I hate the feeling of tight blankets and I don't see a point in wasting time making my bed only to dismantle it at night.
I literally never make my bed. Not even when I clean my room or do laundry. All I use is a sheet, blanket, and pillows though so there isn't much to make. I hate the feeling of tight blankets and I don't see a point in wasting time making my bed only to dismantle it at night.
zoO3i8B.pngVDqpTLf.pngOrlEqVx.png
gTTW2gA.png Vs2WmBF.png bhdEs05.png Wgzj2pK.png
mlHpBMC.png Gf9Ba59.png iJZWqi6.png
god no, we never make our bed lol
god no, we never make our bed lol
lPnwl0z.png
x3fTXXj.png
kind of. a completely unmade bed gives me bad vibes, but i have like 20+ stuffed animals on it so i only ever fully make it when i wash my bedding. i usually just adjust the top blanket to be flat and call it a day
kind of. a completely unmade bed gives me bad vibes, but i have like 20+ stuffed animals on it so i only ever fully make it when i wash my bedding. i usually just adjust the top blanket to be flat and call it a day
:)
Yes, every day.
Yes, every day.
Usually only after I wash my sheets, or if I end up kicking my blankets into some really weird position in my sleep. It's just going to get unmade at night anyway so why bother?
Usually only after I wash my sheets, or if I end up kicking my blankets into some really weird position in my sleep. It's just going to get unmade at night anyway so why bother?
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
sometimes, just when i have nothing to do!!
sometimes, just when i have nothing to do!!
I don't do it properly, but I put the sheet back in its original place. I just prefer getting into a made bed.
I don't do it properly, but I put the sheet back in its original place. I just prefer getting into a made bed.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I personally don't. It's a combination of the fact that my mom was probably undiagnosed something and insisted everything be spotless at all times so every morning growing up she'd make me make my bed and I learned to resent it, and like others here have said if I'm just going to mess it up every single night why bother?

Also yes, studies have shown that making the bed is counterproductive because you're not letting things air out so unless you're changing/washing your sheets often (like, weekly) you're creating the perfect environment for all kinds of nasties to fester in there.

No one sees my bed these days but me anyway and I don't care. I have limited energy in any given day and I don't see the point in wasting it on something that gives me nothing in return - I don't feel accomplished, it doesn't affect the aesthetic of my room, I don't get stressed from the unmade bed, ect so it's just meh.
I personally don't. It's a combination of the fact that my mom was probably undiagnosed something and insisted everything be spotless at all times so every morning growing up she'd make me make my bed and I learned to resent it, and like others here have said if I'm just going to mess it up every single night why bother?

Also yes, studies have shown that making the bed is counterproductive because you're not letting things air out so unless you're changing/washing your sheets often (like, weekly) you're creating the perfect environment for all kinds of nasties to fester in there.

No one sees my bed these days but me anyway and I don't care. I have limited energy in any given day and I don't see the point in wasting it on something that gives me nothing in return - I don't feel accomplished, it doesn't affect the aesthetic of my room, I don't get stressed from the unmade bed, ect so it's just meh.
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
[quote name="AYE" date="2022-08-25 23:57:31" ] i usually just adjust the top blanket to be flat and call it a day [/quote] Even as an adult nearing her 30s, this is the most I ever do lmao
AYE wrote on 2022-08-25 23:57:31:
i usually just adjust the top blanket to be flat and call it a day

Even as an adult nearing her 30s, this is the most I ever do lmao
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
I used to but not anymore, now that I'm done with school. And especially not if I have cats around, I want them to snuggle in the covers!
I used to but not anymore, now that I'm done with school. And especially not if I have cats around, I want them to snuggle in the covers!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9