Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 3. Hours. Later.
1 2
I just spent three hours making a map of my lair/city. Sharing it would be more suited to creative corner but I was curious if anybody else has made maps or whatnot for their lore (and what they used to do it!). I initially started doing it by hand, but my artistry is poor enough and I was frustrated enough that I ended up using a mapmaking program instead. (Inkarnate, if anybody's interested) Edit: including the mostly-finished product [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/5300c1383cd553d1ef8baec2ac0060ae/a94af3581336c4c4-2a/s2048x3072/455d662cf4f6429ab0c2d3d1b5467fcd330192ba.jpg[/img] I haven't come up with all the names for the major landmarks so currently most of them are unlabeled. Also I feel like this doesn't properly show the scale of it, it's very big and the map seems very small.
I just spent three hours making a map of my lair/city. Sharing it would be more suited to creative corner but I was curious if anybody else has made maps or whatnot for their lore (and what they used to do it!).

I initially started doing it by hand, but my artistry is poor enough and I was frustrated enough that I ended up using a mapmaking program instead. (Inkarnate, if anybody's interested)

Edit: including the mostly-finished product
455d662cf4f6429ab0c2d3d1b5467fcd330192ba.jpg

I haven't come up with all the names for the major landmarks so currently most of them are unlabeled. Also I feel like this doesn't properly show the scale of it, it's very big and the map seems very small.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
i found a map pen for medibang and a while ago was thinking about making a lair map adopt or at least drawing my lair with it but never got around to it because i just dont have a plan yet, id like to try it eventually though

id love to see yours!
i found a map pen for medibang and a while ago was thinking about making a lair map adopt or at least drawing my lair with it but never got around to it because i just dont have a plan yet, id like to try it eventually though

id love to see yours!
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
Holy goopmom, that’s alot of dedication to your lair! I cant imagine how much work that must’ve been, kudos to you! I dont really do anything besides write down bios for dragons i like, and no real story besides “they live in an abandoned temple because gods live in their clan and needed a place of worship to survive”. I do plan though once i have the time (and maybe more skill) to animate a full fight demo for one of my dragons, Krill!
Holy goopmom, that’s alot of dedication to your lair! I cant imagine how much work that must’ve been, kudos to you! I dont really do anything besides write down bios for dragons i like, and no real story besides “they live in an abandoned temple because gods live in their clan and needed a place of worship to survive”. I do plan though once i have the time (and maybe more skill) to animate a full fight demo for one of my dragons, Krill!
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
@aludesh
Edited my first post to include it!

@Acetheaxolotl
Thanks! It really was. I also didn't plan on making map until I was putting some lore stuff together today and decided that I would just make a quick sketch for a visual aid and then well, three hours later, I had a somewhat detailed complete map.
@aludesh
Edited my first post to include it!

@Acetheaxolotl
Thanks! It really was. I also didn't plan on making map until I was putting some lore stuff together today and decided that I would just make a quick sketch for a visual aid and then well, three hours later, I had a somewhat detailed complete map.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
Ooh, that's really cool.
Ooh, that's really cool.

-Oncilla
-She/her

i like your map, i wish i had the patience and creativity!! I can't wrap my head around how my own groups would look
gods i want to make a map of my clans (not all my dragons are in th same place in my lore) this is so cool

i like your map, i wish i had the patience and creativity!! I can't wrap my head around how my own groups would look
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
I now might go and make a map...
I now might go and make a map...
IMG_3849.png
Thank you for sharing your lovely mao!!! I am ABSOLUTELY doing this now!!!
Thank you for sharing your lovely mao!!! I am ABSOLUTELY doing this now!!!
cM8dUFr.png
Back when I was in Fire, I tried to draw a small part of an underground cistern/forging facility located within Flintlock Fumaroles (the land of steam and smoke) but never the actual landscape.

Never managed to quite figure out the whole thing, only had like the bare sketch of a sewer-like area (lower levels).

Now that I'm in ice, I would probably have an easier time since - in theory - the amount of choices are snowy mountains, snowfields, forests, ice floes, or underground caverns, which is much easier than figuring out the physics of living directly next to geysers.

...but I keep defaulting to large buildings instead in my head. Haven't drawn them though
Back when I was in Fire, I tried to draw a small part of an underground cistern/forging facility located within Flintlock Fumaroles (the land of steam and smoke) but never the actual landscape.

Never managed to quite figure out the whole thing, only had like the bare sketch of a sewer-like area (lower levels).

Now that I'm in ice, I would probably have an easier time since - in theory - the amount of choices are snowy mountains, snowfields, forests, ice floes, or underground caverns, which is much easier than figuring out the physics of living directly next to geysers.

...but I keep defaulting to large buildings instead in my head. Haven't drawn them though
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
Looks awesome!

I have an Inkarnate account too, but I haven't actually finished a map for my lore yet! The one I worked on was a map of the continent my lore takes place on, but I'd like to make maps of some of the main areas and landmarks too! It really starts making your lore feel like a complete story when you have some maps to add.
Looks awesome!

I have an Inkarnate account too, but I haven't actually finished a map for my lore yet! The one I worked on was a map of the continent my lore takes place on, but I'd like to make maps of some of the main areas and landmarks too! It really starts making your lore feel like a complete story when you have some maps to add.
labbannerpng.png
keepbannerpng.png
scrollbannerpng.png
arzonvrine.png arzonbutton2.png

5KfgY.gif8RpsS.gif8guRi.gif7ECdK.gifz5ef7.gif
1 2