Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change MP stock amounts
1 2 3 4
This is so frustrating. The Market Place stocks anywhere from what, 2 to 7 items every 5 minutes if you're lucky?
If close to 4000 users are online and roughly an eighth of them(500 users) were stalking the MP for certain things, that's less then TWO PERCENT of people that will actually receive an item. This in my opinion is completely unacceptable and I strongly believe it needs to be changed.
This is so frustrating. The Market Place stocks anywhere from what, 2 to 7 items every 5 minutes if you're lucky?
If close to 4000 users are online and roughly an eighth of them(500 users) were stalking the MP for certain things, that's less then TWO PERCENT of people that will actually receive an item. This in my opinion is completely unacceptable and I strongly believe it needs to be changed.
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
I don't see why stocks are even a thing.

Full support.
I don't see why stocks are even a thing.

Full support.
Psst. Hover over my avatar.
Support!
They said they recently changed the apparel-section stock of the marketplace, but only by 2-4 or so. But the other sections seem to have the same stock-rate as one year ago, which seems really unbalanced, given the HUGE amount of people on FR right now, compared to a year ago. D: I wish they would increase the stock-rates.. and not just with 2 items at a time.
Support!
They said they recently changed the apparel-section stock of the marketplace, but only by 2-4 or so. But the other sections seem to have the same stock-rate as one year ago, which seems really unbalanced, given the HUGE amount of people on FR right now, compared to a year ago. D: I wish they would increase the stock-rates.. and not just with 2 items at a time.
Kiulani_combined_pixelbanner_art_by_dreamingcity_1.png
It's a bit silly. I understand competition, but it's plain unfair at this point. People with slow internet connections have no chance, and I even have a very fast one and I've seen smoke over a dozen times but haven't been able to get it once.
It's a bit silly. I understand competition, but it's plain unfair at this point. People with slow internet connections have no chance, and I even have a very fast one and I've seen smoke over a dozen times but haven't been able to get it once.
I don't really support this. It would ruin a form of gameplay for a lot of players, namely reselling. I know its annoying and frustrating, especially when a new gene comes out, that it has ridiculously high AH prices and is impossible to find in the MP for a while, but eventually it slows down and the chances at the gene improve.

I'd love that new smoke gene more than anything right now, but i also respect that for people that don't have the time to be on the game that much, reselling is the quicker option for them to actually be able to make any money.

Personally, I would love if the MP could at least stock a bit more, though im extremely against "unlimited" stocking, but I can't really support anything that would take a method of gameplay away from people, especially one as widely used as reselling.

Eventually the hype dies down and the item is easier and cheaper to find. As much as i go nuts over new genes and breeds, I'm perfectly content waiting for the hype to die down so the resellers can make their money off the more impatient users, long as I get the item in the end anyways.

Edit: Also the staff has already mentioned that they tweaked the stocks to reflect the grown playerbase. Granted it wasn't a huge tweak, but at least I've not noticed too much of an increased scarcity in anything, so its at least partially working as planned.
I don't really support this. It would ruin a form of gameplay for a lot of players, namely reselling. I know its annoying and frustrating, especially when a new gene comes out, that it has ridiculously high AH prices and is impossible to find in the MP for a while, but eventually it slows down and the chances at the gene improve.

I'd love that new smoke gene more than anything right now, but i also respect that for people that don't have the time to be on the game that much, reselling is the quicker option for them to actually be able to make any money.

Personally, I would love if the MP could at least stock a bit more, though im extremely against "unlimited" stocking, but I can't really support anything that would take a method of gameplay away from people, especially one as widely used as reselling.

Eventually the hype dies down and the item is easier and cheaper to find. As much as i go nuts over new genes and breeds, I'm perfectly content waiting for the hype to die down so the resellers can make their money off the more impatient users, long as I get the item in the end anyways.

Edit: Also the staff has already mentioned that they tweaked the stocks to reflect the grown playerbase. Granted it wasn't a huge tweak, but at least I've not noticed too much of an increased scarcity in anything, so its at least partially working as planned.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-07-14 10:17:23"]I don't really support this. It would ruin a form of gameplay for a lot of players, namely reselling. I know its annoying and frustrating, especially when a new gene comes out, that it has ridiculously high AH prices and is impossible to find in the MP for a while, but eventually it slows down and the chances at the gene improve. I'd love that new smoke gene more than anything right now, but i also respect that for people that don't have the time to be on the game that much, reselling is the quicker option for them to actually be able to make any money. Personally, I would love if the MP could at least stock a bit more, though im extremely against "unlimited" stocking, but I can't really support anything that would take a method of gameplay away from people, especially one as widely used as reselling. Eventually the hype dies down and the item is easier and cheaper to find. As much as i go nuts over new genes and breeds, I'm perfectly content waiting for the hype to die down so the resellers can make their money off the more impatient users, long as I get the item in the end anyways. Edit: Also the staff has already mentioned that they tweaked the stocks to reflect the grown playerbase. Granted it wasn't a huge tweak, but at least I've not noticed too much of an increased scarcity in anything, so its at least partially working as planned.[/quote] I never said to put unlimited. I said to increase them. If less then 2 percent of a player base actually obtain an item when it's stocked, it's a bit unfair, don't you think? Reselling is fine and all, sure. But at this point it becomes an argument of: would you rather the large percentage people that actually get the item only be the people that can resell, or would you rather those that can get it actually use it for their dragons. At this point, it seriously comes down to the fact that over 98 percent of the player base will never see or have the item unless they pay a huge price increase on it or wait 3-4 weeks after release and even then you're lucky.
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2014-07-14 10:17:23:

I never said to put unlimited. I said to increase them. If less then 2 percent of a player base actually obtain an item when it's stocked, it's a bit unfair, don't you think? Reselling is fine and all, sure. But at this point it becomes an argument of: would you rather the large percentage people that actually get the item only be the people that can resell, or would you rather those that can get it actually use it for their dragons.

At this point, it seriously comes down to the fact that over 98 percent of the player base will never see or have the item unless they pay a huge price increase on it or wait 3-4 weeks after release and even then you're lucky.
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-07-14 10:17:23"]I don't really support this. It would ruin a form of gameplay for a lot of players, namely reselling. [/quote] The way it's currently set up it's ruining the game for a lot more players than the dozen or so who are able to snipe. This is something that seriously needs improved before people get too fed up of it happening and leave the game. I've seen that happen to other games in the past and would hate to see it happening here too.
I don't really support this. It would ruin a form of gameplay for a lot of players, namely reselling.

The way it's currently set up it's ruining the game for a lot more players than the dozen or so who are able to snipe. This is something that seriously needs improved before people get too fed up of it happening and leave the game. I've seen that happen to other games in the past and would hate to see it happening here too.
[quote name="Elizlareth" date="2014-07-14 12:02:19"][quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-07-14 10:17:23"]I don't really support this. It would ruin a form of gameplay for a lot of players, namely reselling. [/quote] The way it's currently set up it's ruining the game for a lot more players than the dozen or so who are able to snipe. This is something that seriously needs improved before people get too fed up of it happening and leave the game. I've seen that happen to other games in the past and would hate to see it happening here too.[/quote] Very agreed. I honestly keep debating leaving the game over this crap, because when it comes down to it the things I find entertaining tend to be things like getting genes for my dragons. This has proven to be difficult enough just due to the MP price of items, much less the price set by scalpers. I feel like only a very tiny percent of people in this game are able to make a decent profit, and they're profiting off of everyone else. That's a little bit too much like real life for my tastes in a game I play to escape from real life. The tiny amount of stock on the MP is making everything difficult. Once I do manage to save up enough treasure for a gene, then I get to enjoy spending possibly days trying to get my hands on it at a normal price.
Elizlareth wrote on 2014-07-14 12:02:19:
I don't really support this. It would ruin a form of gameplay for a lot of players, namely reselling.

The way it's currently set up it's ruining the game for a lot more players than the dozen or so who are able to snipe. This is something that seriously needs improved before people get too fed up of it happening and leave the game. I've seen that happen to other games in the past and would hate to see it happening here too.

Very agreed. I honestly keep debating leaving the game over this crap, because when it comes down to it the things I find entertaining tend to be things like getting genes for my dragons. This has proven to be difficult enough just due to the MP price of items, much less the price set by scalpers. I feel like only a very tiny percent of people in this game are able to make a decent profit, and they're profiting off of everyone else. That's a little bit too much like real life for my tastes in a game I play to escape from real life.

The tiny amount of stock on the MP is making everything difficult. Once I do manage to save up enough treasure for a gene, then I get to enjoy spending possibly days trying to get my hands on it at a normal price.
Support. I have a fast internet and I haven't been able to get much because the number of items they release is soooo low :/ Like the silks and stuff...I've seen those multiple times but they ALWAYS stock in 1-4's and are gone in seconds. I think that's totally unfair.
Support. I have a fast internet and I haven't been able to get much because the number of items they release is soooo low :/ Like the silks and stuff...I've seen those multiple times but they ALWAYS stock in 1-4's and are gone in seconds. I think that's totally unfair.
There was another thread like this, so I'll say the same thing:
I support a small increase, nothing like what happened on the last day of the light festival.
There was another thread like this, so I'll say the same thing:
I support a small increase, nothing like what happened on the last day of the light festival.
6epgHfG.png
I rent out Arcane nests for FREE. Conditions on my clan profile.
FR+3
1 2 3 4