Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | MH Players; How's your Sunbreak so far?
1 2 3
Just making it through lategame. I use three different weapons so as a result the amount of builds and weapons I need becomes huge. Not to mention I have a slight mad desire to get my grubby mitts on fancy layered outfits, and getting Outfit Tickets+ in any decent quantity is a nightmare...

So, as of now it's just grinding for this and grinding for that. At this current moment in time, I'm trying to get a certain big boy's mantle so I can try out an absolutely horrible (but funny) idea using its weapon, and after that it's all-out after more outfits.
Just making it through lategame. I use three different weapons so as a result the amount of builds and weapons I need becomes huge. Not to mention I have a slight mad desire to get my grubby mitts on fancy layered outfits, and getting Outfit Tickets+ in any decent quantity is a nightmare...

So, as of now it's just grinding for this and grinding for that. At this current moment in time, I'm trying to get a certain big boy's mantle so I can try out an absolutely horrible (but funny) idea using its weapon, and after that it's all-out after more outfits.
i just got past the shagaru urgent. i got a little emotional fighting it considering i started with 4u in 2015 :'') i LOVE sunbreak, ive been trying to juggle it with artfight at the moment haha
the additions of astalos, the magalas and STEVE made me so hyped since im such a big 4th gen baby, and espinas is so cool! i really wanna see more frontier monsters

atm im on that weapon upgrading grind, since i main like 4 different things. and getting through the trillions of follower quests that get thrown at me as soon as i finish an urgent
i just got past the shagaru urgent. i got a little emotional fighting it considering i started with 4u in 2015 :'') i LOVE sunbreak, ive been trying to juggle it with artfight at the moment haha
the additions of astalos, the magalas and STEVE made me so hyped since im such a big 4th gen baby, and espinas is so cool! i really wanna see more frontier monsters

atm im on that weapon upgrading grind, since i main like 4 different things. and getting through the trillions of follower quests that get thrown at me as soon as i finish an urgent
MUYNhfy.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
Been enjoying it a bit, definitely more than base Rise on release because I can actually increase MR after beating the base story. The weapons also just feel a lot better to use somehow, I don't know if they messed with the hitlag or what but I feel like I'm actually impacting monsters again instead of throwing paper at them.

One thing slowing me down is that I need Malzeno Tails, as I mostly use hammer I can only really get those from target rewards. Several malzenos later, and I still have zero tails- I need two. Meanwhile I've gotten 7 bloodstones, so I'm a little tired of fighting it. If I don't get the tails soon I may have to force myself to just play a severing weapon to get what I need.

I think Espinas is my favorite addition to Sunbreak if not only because it opens the door to other Frontier monsters potentially seeing the main series some day. I'd personally like to see Abiorugu some day in particular. My least favorite is the new subspecies. The one I like the most out of them is Pyre Rakna-Kadaki, but that's only because I already really liked Rakna-Kadaki in base Rise. Also I still don't like wirebugs. Wyvern Riding is my least favorite mechanic in any monster hunter game lol
Been enjoying it a bit, definitely more than base Rise on release because I can actually increase MR after beating the base story. The weapons also just feel a lot better to use somehow, I don't know if they messed with the hitlag or what but I feel like I'm actually impacting monsters again instead of throwing paper at them.

One thing slowing me down is that I need Malzeno Tails, as I mostly use hammer I can only really get those from target rewards. Several malzenos later, and I still have zero tails- I need two. Meanwhile I've gotten 7 bloodstones, so I'm a little tired of fighting it. If I don't get the tails soon I may have to force myself to just play a severing weapon to get what I need.

I think Espinas is my favorite addition to Sunbreak if not only because it opens the door to other Frontier monsters potentially seeing the main series some day. I'd personally like to see Abiorugu some day in particular. My least favorite is the new subspecies. The one I like the most out of them is Pyre Rakna-Kadaki, but that's only because I already really liked Rakna-Kadaki in base Rise. Also I still don't like wirebugs. Wyvern Riding is my least favorite mechanic in any monster hunter game lol
I have been having a BLAST with sunbreak! Sunbreak has become my fav monster hunter so far and that's saying much as I played everything starting from tri xD

Been playing mostly solo as sadly most of my friends either lost interest or don't have time to play at all and I do miss the general banter through vc while hunting :')

I must say that Sunbreak perfected the hunting mechanics, especially for my fav weapon the switch axe! It's gonna feel so weird when the next game releases and I suddenly don't have wirebugs anymore ;w;

All I have left to do is 100% this game and achievement hunt but if anyone wants to hunt or wants to hands on advice on hunting and stuff, feel free to ping me~
I have been having a BLAST with sunbreak! Sunbreak has become my fav monster hunter so far and that's saying much as I played everything starting from tri xD

Been playing mostly solo as sadly most of my friends either lost interest or don't have time to play at all and I do miss the general banter through vc while hunting :')

I must say that Sunbreak perfected the hunting mechanics, especially for my fav weapon the switch axe! It's gonna feel so weird when the next game releases and I suddenly don't have wirebugs anymore ;w;

All I have left to do is 100% this game and achievement hunt but if anyone wants to hunt or wants to hands on advice on hunting and stuff, feel free to ping me~
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
My personal experience of the first week after getting the expansion:

Expansion comes out: Calm

You and your family are going to be visiting your sister out of state for a week: Panik

You decide to bring your switch: Calm

You have almost no time to play and you're stuck with sh*tty hotel wi-fi: PANIK

Jokes aside, I'm enjoying Sunbreak. The Follower/Collab Quests are a fun little addition, though I'm constantly surprised by how smart the NPCs can be. The other day, I was doing a Follower Quest against a Rathian, and I had Rondine and Luchika with me. There was a moment where Rondine placed a pitfall trap, stood on the other side of it, and proceeded to use the Taunt Gesture towards the Rathian.

Some of the monsters are downright scary to fight in MR (Looking at you, Goss Harag, Astalos, and Espinas), although to be fair, this is only the second game where I reached G-Rank (Yes, I still call it G-Rank, I've been fighting since Tri) with the first one being 3U.

I'm excited that Espinas, a Frontier monster, is in a main series game, cause that means me might see more Frontier monsters in future games. Who knows, we might even get its rare species in a free update later on.
My personal experience of the first week after getting the expansion:

Expansion comes out: Calm

You and your family are going to be visiting your sister out of state for a week: Panik

You decide to bring your switch: Calm

You have almost no time to play and you're stuck with sh*tty hotel wi-fi: PANIK

Jokes aside, I'm enjoying Sunbreak. The Follower/Collab Quests are a fun little addition, though I'm constantly surprised by how smart the NPCs can be. The other day, I was doing a Follower Quest against a Rathian, and I had Rondine and Luchika with me. There was a moment where Rondine placed a pitfall trap, stood on the other side of it, and proceeded to use the Taunt Gesture towards the Rathian.

Some of the monsters are downright scary to fight in MR (Looking at you, Goss Harag, Astalos, and Espinas), although to be fair, this is only the second game where I reached G-Rank (Yes, I still call it G-Rank, I've been fighting since Tri) with the first one being 3U.

I'm excited that Espinas, a Frontier monster, is in a main series game, cause that means me might see more Frontier monsters in future games. Who knows, we might even get its rare species in a free update later on.
fced41bdccad1a8c5ef3e9ae0635f4b0a7267717.gif
I don't have Rise or Sunbreak yet. I do have World and Iceborne!

Rise/Sunbreak looks to be so much fun. I really want to get it. sobs

Really I have never finished World/Iceborne yet because I can't decide on a character look or name so I'm stuck in the character creation forever :'D
I don't have Rise or Sunbreak yet. I do have World and Iceborne!

Rise/Sunbreak looks to be so much fun. I really want to get it. sobs

Really I have never finished World/Iceborne yet because I can't decide on a character look or name so I'm stuck in the character creation forever :'D
icevs1.png
@LuxBrumalis
Profile Dragon
Lore
Quest
Hatchery/Rescue
Art/Adopt Shop
Accent/Skin Shop
@DragonsOfLegend [quote name="DragonsOfLegend" date="2022-07-19 11:44:26" ] I'm excited that Espinas, a Frontier monster, is in a main series game, cause that means me might see more Frontier monsters in future games. Who knows, we might even get its rare species in a free update later on. [/quote] That is probably happening. Take a close look at the official roadmap image: https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise-sunbreak/topics/tu-roadmap/images/roadmap-en-us.jpg The 'Fall'-picture has a very rath-like flying wyvern shape that does not quite look like a rath.
@DragonsOfLegend
DragonsOfLegend wrote on 2022-07-19 11:44:26:

That is probably happening. Take a close look at the official roadmap image: https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise-sunbreak/topics/tu-roadmap/images/roadmap-en-us.jpg

The 'Fall'-picture has a very rath-like flying wyvern shape that does not quite look like a rath.
@Xionahri

The silhouettes will haunt me forever as I keep seeing kushala for the first and mizu for the second! My bet was rusted kushala and maybe something like thunder bubble mizu! I just doesn't look like any render of ratha to me and others have said maybe it's white espinas but man, it looks so much like kushala to me
@Xionahri

The silhouettes will haunt me forever as I keep seeing kushala for the first and mizu for the second! My bet was rusted kushala and maybe something like thunder bubble mizu! I just doesn't look like any render of ratha to me and others have said maybe it's white espinas but man, it looks so much like kushala to me
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
@JavaMP

I don't think it's a Kushala, due to the little gap at the bottom left. Kushala's wings attach to the tail, so there shouldn't be a visible gap. Still, that doesn't mean that we won't get a subspecies of it, since they like adding more stuff and adding a subspecies seems like a nice and easy enough way to do it. Let's hope for the best.

But thinking about my statement, there's another rath-like non-rath in the game that could be it: Astalos. It might be a bit at an awkward angle, but it too possibly may sorta fit the shape.
So, my current best guessses are a tie between it and espinas.

In before I'm entirely wrong and it is a pink/blue rath.
@JavaMP

I don't think it's a Kushala, due to the little gap at the bottom left. Kushala's wings attach to the tail, so there shouldn't be a visible gap. Still, that doesn't mean that we won't get a subspecies of it, since they like adding more stuff and adding a subspecies seems like a nice and easy enough way to do it. Let's hope for the best.

But thinking about my statement, there's another rath-like non-rath in the game that could be it: Astalos. It might be a bit at an awkward angle, but it too possibly may sorta fit the shape.
So, my current best guessses are a tie between it and espinas.

In before I'm entirely wrong and it is a pink/blue rath.
@Xionahri

good eye on the gap! was so focused on the head shape ^^'' I've seen others say barioth but the spikes don't quite match up for me unless they really made sand barioth Extra Spikey. Astalos might also be too slim for this render but man I would love to see afflicted asta being more like boltreaver <3

Also the new augment system that was announced?? So much hype ngl
@Xionahri

good eye on the gap! was so focused on the head shape ^^'' I've seen others say barioth but the spikes don't quite match up for me unless they really made sand barioth Extra Spikey. Astalos might also be too slim for this render but man I would love to see afflicted asta being more like boltreaver <3

Also the new augment system that was announced?? So much hype ngl
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
1 2 3