Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | MH Players; How's your Sunbreak so far?
1 2 3
NGL been dying to hear others thoughts about the DLC~
I did finish it and beat the final boss, and i suppose im in 'post game' stuff- REALLY wanna get to that new Magnamalo!
Just wished the DLC wasn't so much of the same fights? But gotta admit the Astalos one was so cool, and its nice to see Seregios in again even if im dog water against it. Espinas is also really cute sob
NGL been dying to hear others thoughts about the DLC~
I did finish it and beat the final boss, and i suppose im in 'post game' stuff- REALLY wanna get to that new Magnamalo!
Just wished the DLC wasn't so much of the same fights? But gotta admit the Astalos one was so cool, and its nice to see Seregios in again even if im dog water against it. Espinas is also really cute sob
YafRuJo.gif
I haven't been able to get the game yet, but I have seen videos. I'm just glad there's a frontier monster I want more of those funky weirdos.
I haven't been able to get the game yet, but I have seen videos. I'm just glad there's a frontier monster I want more of those funky weirdos.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
@EternalLife I haven't been able to play Frontier yet! I've gotten to play Rise (my first MH game), World, and Gen Ult. Out of the three i think World is my least favorite, just not fun to play when its so focused on online play (but at least it gave me Nergigante my beloved).
Hope you get to play soon though! It's pretty fun when I'm not getting repeat quests. Didn't expect Espinas to have all the statuses and i wanted to push my head in my pillow. At least it sways its head when it sleeps, precious boy
@EternalLife I haven't been able to play Frontier yet! I've gotten to play Rise (my first MH game), World, and Gen Ult. Out of the three i think World is my least favorite, just not fun to play when its so focused on online play (but at least it gave me Nergigante my beloved).
Hope you get to play soon though! It's pretty fun when I'm not getting repeat quests. Didn't expect Espinas to have all the statuses and i wanted to push my head in my pillow. At least it sways its head when it sleeps, precious boy
YafRuJo.gif
Mines going well! I just reached MR 30. I run gunlance but I'm thinking of branching out into either bow or LBG. I'm not sure which yet since I can't really find any endgameish builds for them.
Mines going well! I just reached MR 30. I run gunlance but I'm thinking of branching out into either bow or LBG. I'm not sure which yet since I can't really find any endgameish builds for them.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
I've never played frontier either! I just love how over the top some of its designs are. And then you have monsters like Forokururu which is basically a giant hummingbird. I love it. I've been playing since 3u on the 3ds! I think 4u is my favorite in terms of story (everyone says that lol) but generations has my favorite monster roster...I actually love world specifically for it's controls. Much less clunky than the 3ds days.
I've never played frontier either! I just love how over the top some of its designs are. And then you have monsters like Forokururu which is basically a giant hummingbird. I love it. I've been playing since 3u on the 3ds! I think 4u is my favorite in terms of story (everyone says that lol) but generations has my favorite monster roster...I actually love world specifically for it's controls. Much less clunky than the 3ds days.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
Rise is my first MH game, I got it not long ago and I'm only a little way into the game still but I'm having a great time playing :D My gf got me into it and it's super fun playing together :>

I'm very hyped to get to the new sunbreak content after we get some endgame builds set up (mostly because I heard the theme for the new village area and it's so calming and nice I want to move there irl ;^;)

I'm maining the dual blades at the moment- which I didn't expect to like so much at first! I think because I've just come over from much faster paced games like Hades I love the high mobility :D And putting together like a million different elemental builds is my greatest joy ^ ^ My gf is a hunting horn main also and she has some kits that help buff my crit even more :D

I'm having such a great time with the game ^ ^
Rise is my first MH game, I got it not long ago and I'm only a little way into the game still but I'm having a great time playing :D My gf got me into it and it's super fun playing together :>

I'm very hyped to get to the new sunbreak content after we get some endgame builds set up (mostly because I heard the theme for the new village area and it's so calming and nice I want to move there irl ;^;)

I'm maining the dual blades at the moment- which I didn't expect to like so much at first! I think because I've just come over from much faster paced games like Hades I love the high mobility :D And putting together like a million different elemental builds is my greatest joy ^ ^ My gf is a hunting horn main also and she has some kits that help buff my crit even more :D

I'm having such a great time with the game ^ ^
///////////tumblr_p5wzkf4NYZ1vamgqko1_100.png
DQR0xuP.png
FObX7rS.png
HdmxfuE.png
5hF3FGk.png
Pgv53XB.png
R5gBjNt.png ////////ebwdsO1.png
@Vardia Nice to see a gunlance user!! Im thinking of trying out other weapons but its hard for me since i hyperfixate on 1 long sword.

@EternalLife I should def check out Frontier's monsters because that hummingbird like guy is so COOL?? I wish we saw more guys like that but I do enjoy Rise's new monsters (Tetradon is really neat to me, love that he's basically a kappa).

@galaxywings48 Dude welcome to Rise and MH!! Im so glad you're having fun~
My GF is also a dual blades user, i feel like y'all would hit it off! I've been playing with dual blades recently cuz the Lunagaron DB's are LITERAL claws and im just.. UGH- Dual blades are pretty fun so i dont blame ya. (also HH users are so based your GF is top notch)
Hope Sunbreak is just as fun for you!!
@Vardia Nice to see a gunlance user!! Im thinking of trying out other weapons but its hard for me since i hyperfixate on 1 long sword.

@EternalLife I should def check out Frontier's monsters because that hummingbird like guy is so COOL?? I wish we saw more guys like that but I do enjoy Rise's new monsters (Tetradon is really neat to me, love that he's basically a kappa).

@galaxywings48 Dude welcome to Rise and MH!! Im so glad you're having fun~
My GF is also a dual blades user, i feel like y'all would hit it off! I've been playing with dual blades recently cuz the Lunagaron DB's are LITERAL claws and im just.. UGH- Dual blades are pretty fun so i dont blame ya. (also HH users are so based your GF is top notch)
Hope Sunbreak is just as fun for you!!
YafRuJo.gif
@Magnamalo

Yeah! It's always so neat to see another gunlance user. I double spiderman meme in my head when I see one. I used longsword many, many years ago in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite! It was the only weapon I could beat the very first big monster, Giadrome, with. I think I used it my whole playthrough.
@Magnamalo

Yeah! It's always so neat to see another gunlance user. I double spiderman meme in my head when I see one. I used longsword many, many years ago in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite! It was the only weapon I could beat the very first big monster, Giadrome, with. I think I used it my whole playthrough.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
I rushed through everything already and man. Malzeno is easily my favorite. liked most of the other new/returning mons too (except the leviathans cuz I'm bad at those lol) but it just felt perfect to me.

I still don't like a lot of the Rise-specific combat features, personally, but I'll admit that some of the new wirebug additions are really fun, like the SA counter.
I rushed through everything already and man. Malzeno is easily my favorite. liked most of the other new/returning mons too (except the leviathans cuz I'm bad at those lol) but it just felt perfect to me.

I still don't like a lot of the Rise-specific combat features, personally, but I'll admit that some of the new wirebug additions are really fun, like the SA counter.
I like it. Currently stuck at Malzeno and trying myself through different kinds of switch axes to see what works. But I'm not even mad being stuck there. Malzeno is fun.

Really loving the follower quests. For someone who played the whole game in single player, it's nice to occasionally have a human/wyverian at my side. Makes the world feel more alive. I hope this feature sticks around for the next titles in the series.

And I'll definitely second it's great that a Frontier monster got in. I know nothing about Frontier, so it's nice that I get to experience at least a little part of it.

Honestly, my main complaint so far is definitely a me problem. I love brute wyverns and none have been added with Sunbreak. Barroth and anjanath still are both very nice, but there could be more brute wyvern diversity.
Also kinda miss wingdrakes, since having remobra everywhere as the only small non-insect flyers does not feel like good natural diversity either.
I like it. Currently stuck at Malzeno and trying myself through different kinds of switch axes to see what works. But I'm not even mad being stuck there. Malzeno is fun.

Really loving the follower quests. For someone who played the whole game in single player, it's nice to occasionally have a human/wyverian at my side. Makes the world feel more alive. I hope this feature sticks around for the next titles in the series.

And I'll definitely second it's great that a Frontier monster got in. I know nothing about Frontier, so it's nice that I get to experience at least a little part of it.

Honestly, my main complaint so far is definitely a me problem. I love brute wyverns and none have been added with Sunbreak. Barroth and anjanath still are both very nice, but there could be more brute wyvern diversity.
Also kinda miss wingdrakes, since having remobra everywhere as the only small non-insect flyers does not feel like good natural diversity either.
1 2 3