Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello!
Hi,

I'm Vena, or Tori, she/her. :) Recently switched to a full work from home setup so there's extra time to find a new interest.

I signed up last night but didn't have time to really look around and now, wow, there's an overwhelming amount of stuff to possibly read, do, or think about.

It's a far cry from today but years ago I was into Gaia, and many years before that, Neopets. Not sure about dragons yet.

I like the variety of Fairgrounds games so far!

Questions if any experienced players look in - how did you pick your dragons? Like where do you even start? How did you come to find what you like? What is the best way to find more?
Hi,

I'm Vena, or Tori, she/her. :) Recently switched to a full work from home setup so there's extra time to find a new interest.

I signed up last night but didn't have time to really look around and now, wow, there's an overwhelming amount of stuff to possibly read, do, or think about.

It's a far cry from today but years ago I was into Gaia, and many years before that, Neopets. Not sure about dragons yet.

I like the variety of Fairgrounds games so far!

Questions if any experienced players look in - how did you pick your dragons? Like where do you even start? How did you come to find what you like? What is the best way to find more?
Welcome!! @Crematoria

My best tip to finding what dragons you like is by browsing around in the Auction House under the Dragons section. Just look around and play with the color filters, based on your favorite colors. I always tend to like dragons that have colors/aesthetics I like. You can also visit the Scrying Workshop to use Predict Morphology to play around with all the existing colors and patterns on the site. It's a great way to see what combinations you prefer!

Let me know if I can help any further. Also, your name is really cool!

Edit: Here's a scry I made of your lovely custom progen! Have fun!

scry

Welcome!! @Crematoria

My best tip to finding what dragons you like is by browsing around in the Auction House under the Dragons section. Just look around and play with the color filters, based on your favorite colors. I always tend to like dragons that have colors/aesthetics I like. You can also visit the Scrying Workshop to use Predict Morphology to play around with all the existing colors and patterns on the site. It's a great way to see what combinations you prefer!

Let me know if I can help any further. Also, your name is really cool!

Edit: Here's a scry I made of your lovely custom progen! Have fun!

scry

7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@Crematoria

Hello! ^^ Welcome to FR! Yeah, it can definitely feel overwhelming at first! But you'll get the hang of it. There's always the Help Center if you have any questions / issues as well!

For your question, well, that's good one! Lol. I'd recommend either browsing Dragons for Sale in the forums or the Auction House! The Auction House lets you buy dragons instantly. There's a ton of browsing you can do to determine what dragons you like best. :D
@Crematoria

Hello! ^^ Welcome to FR! Yeah, it can definitely feel overwhelming at first! But you'll get the hang of it. There's always the Help Center if you have any questions / issues as well!

For your question, well, that's good one! Lol. I'd recommend either browsing Dragons for Sale in the forums or the Auction House! The Auction House lets you buy dragons instantly. There's a ton of browsing you can do to determine what dragons you like best. :D
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
Thank you @memoirs! (a ping system, got it!)

Appreciate the advice! I think color being the preliminary choice is a good idea there are so, so many results, almost 80k. Appreciate the scrying tip too. :) That image is of my dragon? She has a dual color thing going on! That's awesome how did you make it like that?
Thank you @memoirs! (a ping system, got it!)

Appreciate the advice! I think color being the preliminary choice is a good idea there are so, so many results, almost 80k. Appreciate the scrying tip too. :) That image is of my dragon? She has a dual color thing going on! That's awesome how did you make it like that?
Hi @Sylph thank you for the links and direction! The for sales forum seems it might be easier to find some with the more limited images to look through. I'll be sure to check out some threads!

May I ask how to get the dragon image into a forum post?
Hi @Sylph thank you for the links and direction! The for sales forum seems it might be easier to find some with the more limited images to look through. I'll be sure to check out some threads!

May I ask how to get the dragon image into a forum post?
@Crematoria No problem! [emoji=coatl happy size=1] Basically, there are different "genes" that can totally change a color's look by using accent colors. Every gene makes a different pattern on a dragon, and usually changes the colors in some way! It's pretty cool! :D You can click around in the Predict Morphology section to preview different genes to see what they all do! Using Predict Morphology to make dragons look matchy and pretty is one of my favorite things to do :)
@Crematoria No problem!

Basically, there are different "genes" that can totally change a color's look by using accent colors. Every gene makes a different pattern on a dragon, and usually changes the colors in some way! It's pretty cool! :D

You can click around in the Predict Morphology section to preview different genes to see what they all do!

Using Predict Morphology to make dragons look matchy and pretty is one of my favorite things to do :)
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@Crematoria

hi!! welcome :) I love your progen's colors! I made my account when the site first launched, and boy have my tastes changed since then! I wish I could get a do over for my first dragon! I'm recently returning after a 7ish year hiatus, so I'm probably almost as overwhelmed as you are right now. so much has changed!

also omg, GAIA!!! I loved that place so much! is it still active? I feel like I'd enjoy dressing up my character still haha
@Crematoria

hi!! welcome :) I love your progen's colors! I made my account when the site first launched, and boy have my tastes changed since then! I wish I could get a do over for my first dragon! I'm recently returning after a 7ish year hiatus, so I'm probably almost as overwhelmed as you are right now. so much has changed!

also omg, GAIA!!! I loved that place so much! is it still active? I feel like I'd enjoy dressing up my character still haha
@Crematoria

No problem! Hope you'll find some dragons to start your collection with. :D

Yep! All you have to do is copy the widget code from your dragon's profile. When you're on a dragon's profile, you'll see this. Click the left button and you'll see the dragon share widget. Simply click the button in the red circle to copy the code and you'll be able to post your dragon on forums with a link going back to their page. :D
@Crematoria

No problem! Hope you'll find some dragons to start your collection with. :D

Yep! All you have to do is copy the widget code from your dragon's profile. When you're on a dragon's profile, you'll see this. Click the left button and you'll see the dragon share widget. Simply click the button in the red circle to copy the code and you'll be able to post your dragon on forums with a link going back to their page. :D
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3