Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Least Favorite Tertiary
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I have a lot of least faves which still work in some combos.
But instant no for me are Filigree, Keel and Scales.

Edit, nevermind there's a cute Scales permababy on the page before this one. So it would be Filigree and Keel.

I can still see why someone likes Filigree but for me it looks too much like a sticker on top of the derg.
I have a lot of least faves which still work in some combos.
But instant no for me are Filigree, Keel and Scales.

Edit, nevermind there's a cute Scales permababy on the page before this one. So it would be Filigree and Keel.

I can still see why someone likes Filigree but for me it looks too much like a sticker on top of the derg.
she/her / +10 fr time
Gen 1 collector
Crackle, lace, keel, scales and filigree.

Thylacine, firefly and ringlets are .. I don't think they're ugly but I do dislike them.
Crackle, lace, keel, scales and filigree.

Thylacine, firefly and ringlets are .. I don't think they're ugly but I do dislike them.
glower_shelf.png
filigree, crackle, keel and peacock :/
filigree, crackle, keel and peacock :/
/// Kacper/Prince
/// 23 + He/Xe
/// Please don't use tone indicators for me!
/// ART SHOP
neo_pixel.png
Crackle, Keel and Glowtail.

Crackle is just a bit of a mess, Keel looks like the dragon is being tortured with blades inserted under its skin, and glowtail is… whut?
Crackle, Keel and Glowtail.

Crackle is just a bit of a mess, Keel looks like the dragon is being tortured with blades inserted under its skin, and glowtail is… whut?
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Keel, Sparkles, and Polkadot. The former is visually a huge mess, on both body and wing equally, and doesn't look nice with anything, as well as being too hard to effectively hide- the only somewhat nice-looking Keel useages I've seen have all been XXX or near- because it just doesn't play nice with anything.

Sparkles just is very much not my thing. Flat, high coverage, messes with apparel, doesn't play nicely with other colours unless it's monochrome or a double/triple. It just tends to cover up my nice other genes.

In similar vein, Polkadot just feels too distracting from and covering of the rest of the dragon and feels far too artificial for me to even consider, especially as you can't cover the undesireable part with apparel.

Almost every other gene I can work with- some of them look better on some breeds more than others, some situations and combos really make usually-bad genes shine, and apparel covering can go a long way to dampen parts I don't like (such as the spots on Clown or the part of Capsule that shows the liquid/tube split) and to reduce/increase busyness of a look. But those three just have no upsides.
Keel, Sparkles, and Polkadot. The former is visually a huge mess, on both body and wing equally, and doesn't look nice with anything, as well as being too hard to effectively hide- the only somewhat nice-looking Keel useages I've seen have all been XXX or near- because it just doesn't play nice with anything.

Sparkles just is very much not my thing. Flat, high coverage, messes with apparel, doesn't play nicely with other colours unless it's monochrome or a double/triple. It just tends to cover up my nice other genes.

In similar vein, Polkadot just feels too distracting from and covering of the rest of the dragon and feels far too artificial for me to even consider, especially as you can't cover the undesireable part with apparel.

Almost every other gene I can work with- some of them look better on some breeds more than others, some situations and combos really make usually-bad genes shine, and apparel covering can go a long way to dampen parts I don't like (such as the spots on Clown or the part of Capsule that shows the liquid/tube split) and to reduce/increase busyness of a look. But those three just have no upsides.
I do not care for filigree. I've seen it used pretty often and I think I've only gone "huh I'd have that in my lair" maybe twice. I just do not like it.

Banescale Filigree is better but I still don't have any with that either.
I do not care for filigree. I've seen it used pretty often and I think I've only gone "huh I'd have that in my lair" maybe twice. I just do not like it.

Banescale Filigree is better but I still don't have any with that either.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Not a huge fan of smoke. It looks great on some dragons, but horrible on others!
Not a huge fan of smoke. It looks great on some dragons, but horrible on others!
“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
check out my lore/moodboard shop!
ftTGY3d.png Irg1Lym.png
I do not like Peacock at all. Most genes are situational for me, but I can not make myself love Peacock even a tiny bit.
I do not like Peacock at all. Most genes are situational for me, but I can not make myself love Peacock even a tiny bit.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
Looking at the tertiaries we have, I'm surprised to note there aren't a lot I love, but there also isn't really any I truly dislike. At best I'm neutral about most of them, since they're lacking colorful accents which is why I like most in a gene. If I had to pick a least favourite, it'd be Glimmer I suppose? I'm not a huge fan of how most colors look with it, but again I'm... Neutral about it. It's okay and it can certainly look great with some combo !
Looking at the tertiaries we have, I'm surprised to note there aren't a lot I love, but there also isn't really any I truly dislike. At best I'm neutral about most of them, since they're lacking colorful accents which is why I like most in a gene. If I had to pick a least favourite, it'd be Glimmer I suppose? I'm not a huge fan of how most colors look with it, but again I'm... Neutral about it. It's okay and it can certainly look great with some combo !
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
agreee!
agreee!
hHi8SF1.png
uhSJ9ek.png
jA5A7gu.png
5OBxblq.png
qhK4FYS.png
a bit of empty space to
scoot the image image image over if you need it jjjjhjnjnkn
zHTy6PD.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13