Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Wavecrest] Flotsam Town Boat Race
@Magmish The race standings do not include the current round's new dice rolls. This is because these rolls will be affected by whatever abilities are used this round. You are currently tied for second place with Team Bells and Team Diadem.

The Tundra and Coatl abilities include teams equal to your team in the race standings, so if there is a dragon with the same element on those teams, it would count.
@Magmish The race standings do not include the current round's new dice rolls. This is because these rolls will be affected by whatever abilities are used this round. You are currently tied for second place with Team Bells and Team Diadem.

The Tundra and Coatl abilities include teams equal to your team in the race standings, so if there is a dragon with the same element on those teams, it would count.
y1nIbmg.png
@SerafinaZephyr @jedinikina @yetaet
(Yes, I agree lets use the mirror ability)
@SerafinaZephyr @jedinikina @yetaet
(Yes, I agree lets use the mirror ability)
@TsunamiVoid @Eeree @Eialyne
It might be a good idea to coordinate, does everyone have discord?
@TsunamiVoid @Eeree @Eialyne
It might be a good idea to coordinate, does everyone have discord?
Vista: Progress Ribbon onl96wk.png Vista: Rainbow Ribbon
@Ajgreelyfan3 @festivoog @lundlaeva

we've been bamboozled D: I think maybe we should use the snapper ability today? tell me what u guys think.
@Ajgreelyfan3 @festivoog @lundlaeva

we've been bamboozled D: I think maybe we should use the snapper ability today? tell me what u guys think.
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
@Dreamclaws is it possible to use the same ability 2 rounds in A row? just wondering
@Dreamclaws is it possible to use the same ability 2 rounds in A row? just wondering
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
@PasssionFish Yes, that's fine.
@PasssionFish Yes, that's fine.
y1nIbmg.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73706731][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/737068/73706731.png[/img][/url] @condonzack @SerafinaZephyr @jedinikina[/center] "Okay, let's use the Pack Pride." Said Vanvea with a grandeur pose and a wide smile full of sharp teeth. She truly loves all competitions, and this time she will be the star of the round. Absolutely amazing! She glistered in gold and happiness, boosting her team. "Let's go for the first place, Team Bells!"
"Okay, let's use the Pack Pride." Said Vanvea with a grandeur pose and a wide smile full of sharp teeth. She truly loves all competitions, and this time she will be the star of the round. Absolutely amazing! She glistered in gold and happiness, boosting her team. "Let's go for the first place, Team Bells!"
OOF. Xinxian had been rowing so quickly yesterday, he ended up pulling a muscle. He tried to take it easy today, doing what he can. Still, he was not happy with their results this round, but he knows there is still plenty of time to catch up and has faith. The Fathomsearch Ambassador once again continues to take notes. They sit near the front of the boat, able to observe the other teams with minimal distractions (though it was quite difficult to see the teams that were much further ahead): [center][size=5][b]Heat B - Team Amber Round 2/7[/b][/size] Ahoy eager teammates, we are in a 3-way tie for second place! Round 1 Totals: 22 Round 2 Totals:? 9 *sad trombone sound* @Nevercanth @Jeevas @Salixian @Magmish Today just wasn’t our day, but there are still plenty of more rounds to go! [b]21:00 / 9:00 PM FRT - Deadline for voting[/b] If you all agree on an ability, then only one person needs to fill out the form and vote.[/center] [LIST] [*]Heat B - Luxury Arcade [*]Team A (Apricot/Amber/Agate) [emoji=amber mosquito size=1] [*]Order in Google Form, not the same as order of resolution[LIST] [*][s]Dragon [b]#1 Xinxian the Imperial:[/b] Mighty Flight SUPPORT (can only use if we're in 4th, 5th or last race standings, which we are not.)[/s] [*]Dragon [b]#2 Scallop the Wildclaw:[/b] Long Strike ATTACK (This ability Affects the other team.) [*]Dragon [b]#3 Ursula the Tundra:[/b] Smells Familiar SUPPORT (+10 for Wa behind or equal, based on race standings: [b]Yes[/b]) [*]Dragon [b]#4 Handel the Coatl:[/b] Quetzal Flight SUPPORT (+6 for Wa ahead or equal, based on race standings: [b]Yes[/b]) [*]Protect: [b]This ability can only be used once[/b] there are still [b]5 Rounds to go[/b] [/LIST][/LIST] Our abilities in order of resolution: [center][size=4][b]One Time Protection - DEFENSE[/b][/size][/center] [b]Protect[/b] - One other team's ability that would Affect this team is neutralized. The effects of the ability do not take place. Tip: Best used early in the race, especially if we’re in first and there are many dragons with ATTACK abilities. Every team except Team F has at least one ATTACK dragon (no Veilspun/Ridgeback/Wildclaw/Bogsneak to worry about here).[LIST] [*]Skydancer (Team C/E): switches their Round Totals with the team that has the highest Round Total this round - (Not even close, don’t got to worry about it. Ayyyyy XD) [*]Spiral (Team B/C/D): first place team loses 8 spaces unless that is this dragon's team, in which case the second place team loses 6 spaces. - Could be dangerous, but if we get really behind in the next few rounds we have a trick up our sleeves. [*]Gaoler (Team C): steal one space from each team behind this one and add the spaces to the team's current Round Total. - Don't have to worry about this one. [/LIST] Personally think we should still save it for later. This could protect us if we end up in the lead at some point, and it's still early in the race... but I really don't know, we could get attacked this round. But imo, First and Second place is a terrifying spot to be in the beginning xD [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76975388][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/769754/76975388.png[/img] [size=4][b]Dragon #2 Wildclaw - ATTACK [/b][/size][/url] (This ability Affects the other team)[/center] [b]Long Strike[/b] - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 2 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 4 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 8 spaces. Might not be worth it this round? Since we're second and it just impacts the first team. [center]3/5 Teams in our Heat have a Water Dragon (Team B, D, F) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9377076][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/93771/9377076.png[/img] [size=4][b]Dragon #4 Coatl - SUPPORT[/b][/size][/url] [/center] [b]Quetzal Flight[/b]- If any dragon on any team behind or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 6 spaces. Any Water dragons behind or equal to us? Yes. Team B/D [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35448470][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/354485/35448470.png[/img] [size=4][b]Dragon #3 Tundra - SUPPORT[/b][/size][/url] [/center] [b]Smells Familiar[/b] - If any dragon on any team ahead or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 10 spaces. Any Water dragons ahead or equal to us? Yes, Team B/D/F. this might be the one to use if we're not protecting. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73309885][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/733099/73309885.png[/img] [size=4][b]Hides in Shame[/b][/size][/url][/center] [b]Mighty Flight [/b]- Sadly, we can't use this ability. It’s based on Current Standings and we are in a tie for second places (I'm so sorry if I got your hopes up) [quote name="dreamclaws" date="2022-04-25 09:22:21" ] @Magmish The race standings do not include the current round's new dice rolls. This is because these rolls will be affected by whatever abilities are used this round. You are currently tied for second place with Team Bells and Team Diadem.[/quote] [center][size=5][b]T.L.D.R.[/b][/size][/center] Basically our options are to: [LIST] [*]Pick Dragon #3 to gain 10 spaces [*]Attack with Dragon #2 - causing just one? team to lose 2 spaces, but could be neutralized by their use of Protect, since they're in First Place. [*]Protect (keep in mind that is only works once and we still got ways to go). If we do get attacked and fall very behind, the Imperial ability could help us get back into the races in future rounds. [center][size=4]Some real life stuff is happening, so I might be delayed in making these posts. But I will keep posting (unless you don't want me to, which is understandable, have a good day!) Don't stress too much with the decision, feel free to discuss and suggest an ability we should use. Cheers, and apologies if there are any errors/misunderstandings (there were so many [emoji=imperial sad size=1].[/size][/center]
OOF. Xinxian had been rowing so quickly yesterday, he ended up pulling a muscle. He tried to take it easy today, doing what he can. Still, he was not happy with their results this round, but he knows there is still plenty of time to catch up and has faith.

The Fathomsearch Ambassador once again continues to take notes. They sit near the front of the boat, able to observe the other teams with minimal distractions (though it was quite difficult to see the teams that were much further ahead):
Heat B - Team Amber Round 2/7
Ahoy eager teammates, we are in a 3-way tie for second place!
Round 1 Totals: 22
Round 2 Totals:? 9 *sad trombone sound*
@Nevercanth @Jeevas @Salixian @Magmish
Today just wasn’t our day, but there are still plenty of more rounds to go!

21:00 / 9:00 PM FRT - Deadline for voting
If you all agree on an ability, then only one person needs to fill out the form and vote.
  • Heat B - Luxury Arcade
  • Team A (Apricot/Amber/Agate)
  • Order in Google Form, not the same as order of resolution
    • Dragon #1 Xinxian the Imperial: Mighty Flight
      SUPPORT (can only use if we're in 4th, 5th or last race standings, which we are not.)

• Dragon #2 Scallop the Wildclaw: Long Strike
      ATTACK (This ability Affects the other team.)
    • Dragon #3 Ursula the Tundra: Smells Familiar
      SUPPORT (+10 for Wa behind or equal, based on race standings: Yes)
    • Dragon #4 Handel the Coatl: Quetzal Flight
      SUPPORT (+6 for Wa ahead or equal, based on race standings: Yes)
    • Protect: This ability can only be used once
      there are still 5 Rounds to go
Our abilities in order of resolution:
One Time Protection - DEFENSE
Protect - One other team's ability that would Affect this team is neutralized. The effects of the ability do not take place.
Tip: Best used early in the race, especially if we’re in first and there are many dragons with ATTACK abilities.

Every team except Team F has at least one ATTACK dragon (no Veilspun/Ridgeback/Wildclaw/Bogsneak to worry about here).
  • Skydancer (Team C/E): switches their Round Totals with the team that has the highest Round Total this round - (Not even close, don’t got to worry about it. Ayyyyy XD)
  • Spiral (Team B/C/D): first place team loses 8 spaces unless that is this dragon's team, in which case the second place team loses 6 spaces. - Could be dangerous, but if we get really behind in the next few rounds we have a trick up our sleeves.
  • Gaoler (Team C): steal one space from each team behind this one and add the spaces to the team's current Round Total. - Don't have to worry about this one.

Personally think we should still save it for later. This could protect us if we end up in the lead at some point, and it's still early in the race... but I really don't know, we could get attacked this round. But imo, First and Second place is a terrifying spot to be in the beginning xD
76975388.png
Dragon #2 Wildclaw - ATTACK

(This ability Affects the other team)
Long Strike - The team ahead of this team in the race standings loses 2 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 4 spaces. The team ahead of that team loses 8 spaces.

Might not be worth it this round? Since we're second and it just impacts the first team.
3/5 Teams in our Heat have a Water Dragon (Team B, D, F)

9377076.png
Dragon #4 Coatl - SUPPORT
Quetzal Flight- If any dragon on any team behind or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 6 spaces.

Any Water dragons behind or equal to us?
Yes. Team B/D
Smells Familiar - If any dragon on any team ahead or equal in the race standings has the Water element, gain 10 spaces.

Any Water dragons ahead or equal to us?
Yes, Team B/D/F. this might be the one to use if we're not protecting.
Mighty Flight - Sadly, we can't use this ability. It’s based on Current Standings and we are in a tie for second places (I'm so sorry if I got your hopes up)
dreamclaws wrote on 2022-04-25 09:22:21:
T.L.D.R.
Basically our options are to:
  • Pick Dragon #3 to gain 10 spaces
  • Attack with Dragon #2 - causing just one? team to lose 2 spaces, but could be neutralized by their use of Protect, since they're in First Place.
  • Protect (keep in mind that is only works once and we still got ways to go). If we do get attacked and fall very behind, the Imperial ability could help us get back into the races in future rounds.
    Some real life stuff is happening, so I might be delayed in making these posts. But I will keep posting (unless you don't want me to, which is understandable, have a good day!)

Don't stress too much with the decision,
    feel free to discuss and suggest an ability we should use.
    Cheers, and apologies if there are any errors/misunderstandings (there were so many .
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
LWTq9T9.png
@Starefaba @TsunamiVoid @Eeree @Eialyne

I have discord but my reception at work is very hit or miss, so there might be a large chunk of our decision making time I'm not available (FR is less of a pain since I just really need the text to load for this event). I'll go with it if it's an option our other two teammates prefer!

@Starefaba @TsunamiVoid @Eeree @Eialyne

I have discord but my reception at work is very hit or miss, so there might be a large chunk of our decision making time I'm not available (FR is less of a pain since I just really need the text to load for this event). I'll go with it if it's an option our other two teammates prefer!

tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@entykk @dd2900 @Umaroth Not bad!!!

This is what it seems like would happen:

Snapper - can't use as we're not in the last half of race standings
Fae - would get us 5 points
Guardian - would get us 4 points
Wildclaw - would take away 2 points from the team in first place

We didn't roll great so I feel like using the Fae again would be best but I'm open to anyone else's thoughts!
@entykk @dd2900 @Umaroth Not bad!!!

This is what it seems like would happen:

Snapper - can't use as we're not in the last half of race standings
Fae - would get us 5 points
Guardian - would get us 4 points
Wildclaw - would take away 2 points from the team in first place

We didn't roll great so I feel like using the Fae again would be best but I'm open to anyone else's thoughts!
Qc5WgXd.png