Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Insectae
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Splatsville It's good to see it alive once more. This thread actually was kept in mind, and along with several other factors, pushed me into becoming a bug pet owner (A cute little Ghost Mantis!) Things have a way of snowballing like that, I suppose~
@Splatsville It's good to see it alive once more. This thread actually was kept in mind, and along with several other factors, pushed me into becoming a bug pet owner (A cute little Ghost Mantis!) Things have a way of snowballing like that, I suppose~
@OpenFireBug wow!!! A ghost mantis! That's so cool. Glad to have contributed, even if just a bit...mantids are my absolute favorite, and I'd like to have one but don't trust myself quite yet. That's really cool! Did you give em a name?
@OpenFireBug wow!!! A ghost mantis! That's so cool. Glad to have contributed, even if just a bit...mantids are my absolute favorite, and I'd like to have one but don't trust myself quite yet. That's really cool! Did you give em a name?
@Splatsville Sure did! The little one just molted to an I3 last night, so I'm starting to see that this one [i]might[/i] be a female. A little early to tell, but I have my suspicion thanks to the shape of the crown and the segment count on the abdomen. The name of this beautiful little leaf mimic is Valentine~[emoji=music note size=1] I'd recommend a Ghost for a starting mantis.. and a good sized fruit fly culture to feed such a tiny little one. Seems to be quite hardy from my research on them as a whole, and pretty chill in nature. Overall absolute sweethearts!
@Splatsville Sure did! The little one just molted to an I3 last night, so I'm starting to see that this one might be a female. A little early to tell, but I have my suspicion thanks to the shape of the crown and the segment count on the abdomen. The name of this beautiful little leaf mimic is Valentine~

I'd recommend a Ghost for a starting mantis.. and a good sized fruit fly culture to feed such a tiny little one. Seems to be quite hardy from my research on them as a whole, and pretty chill in nature. Overall absolute sweethearts!
@OpenFireBug oh nice!! what a beautiful name!

With a ghost mantis personally I'd be worried about molts...they need a high level of humidity right? but that's still good to know! I'm not the best with passive pets, very scatterbrained, so I'm waiting until I have less on my plate. perhaps sometime this year since I'm graduating high school and taking a gap year. So thank you, will consider that!
@OpenFireBug oh nice!! what a beautiful name!

With a ghost mantis personally I'd be worried about molts...they need a high level of humidity right? but that's still good to know! I'm not the best with passive pets, very scatterbrained, so I'm waiting until I have less on my plate. perhaps sometime this year since I'm graduating high school and taking a gap year. So thank you, will consider that!
@Splatsville Not terribly high humidity, no. Ghosts seem to like it a little on the drier side, point of fact. You're thinking of Orchid Mantises.. They're really cool in looks and temperament, too, but they need stupidly high humidity to even stay alive, like dart frog levels of humid and hot. A Ghost can thrive at room temp (though prefer it at 65-70 degrees fahrenheit, especially if you are trying to breed them), and a misting once every other day if you live in a subtropical area like I do (more during winter because too dry). Ghosts are good about molting, as long as you don't mist too hard/often when they're getting ready to.

God, the scatterbrained thing is such a mood. I feel your pain- I'm just grateful Valentine is a hardy little species! ;w;
@Splatsville Not terribly high humidity, no. Ghosts seem to like it a little on the drier side, point of fact. You're thinking of Orchid Mantises.. They're really cool in looks and temperament, too, but they need stupidly high humidity to even stay alive, like dart frog levels of humid and hot. A Ghost can thrive at room temp (though prefer it at 65-70 degrees fahrenheit, especially if you are trying to breed them), and a misting once every other day if you live in a subtropical area like I do (more during winter because too dry). Ghosts are good about molting, as long as you don't mist too hard/often when they're getting ready to.

God, the scatterbrained thing is such a mood. I feel your pain- I'm just grateful Valentine is a hardy little species! ;w;
@OpenFireBug Ah! What I had read on ghosts said otherwise, cool to know! And yeah, orchid mantids...so pretty but so fragile... well, I wish you good luck with Valentine!

@OpenFireBug Ah! What I had read on ghosts said otherwise, cool to know! And yeah, orchid mantids...so pretty but so fragile... well, I wish you good luck with Valentine!

@Splatsville Good luck for you, too, should you decide to snag one of these darlings. Just be sure that the person you're getting them from is a responsible breeder: heard half the sites to purchase mantids from aren't reliable!
@Splatsville Good luck for you, too, should you decide to snag one of these darlings. Just be sure that the person you're getting them from is a responsible breeder: heard half the sites to purchase mantids from aren't reliable!
Hello there! May I please register my boy? His name is [b]Beenie[/b]. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70511397][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/705114/70511397_350.png[/img][/url]
Hello there! May I please register my boy? His name is Beenie.
70511397_350.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7