Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Returning After a Long Time
1 2
Welcome back!

I’m not familiar with the old dragon market myself, so I recommend getting price checks on your dragons from those who are. See if you can spot any cool patterns with your dragons’ ID numbers, because there’s a market for that too. It never hurts to have a third party’s input on any offers you receive.

Right now, there is a dominance battle going on between Plague and Nature. Dragon prices are more expensive than usual at the moment, and Springswarm (a micro holiday that gives bonus experience in the Coliseum as well as increased Insect food drops) is expected this weekend, so you came at an interesting time. Not to mention the latest Ancient dragons were released a few days ago. (Ancient dragons can’t wear apparel and can’t breed with Modern dragons, but have different and more wild genes.) Check the Guides section of the forums for a masterlist of Coliseum builds.

You’ll probably notice your Hoard looks different. Some icons under items show what they’re used for, which can range from Hibernal Den tasks (extra lair space for dragons you aren’t actively using), brewing, trading, etc. Some of these are more valuable than their hoardsell value, so check first! You can hover over an item and click on the little green book to be taken to the Game Database’s page on the item, with an easily accessible link to its listings on the Auction House from there.

A lot of site features have been updated, so use the Which Waystone to help you out with daily activities. Sounds like you’ve already figured out fairgrounds, which is awesome. Once you get around to appraising what you own and aren’t sure about keeping, it could serve as a massive head start to new goals and projects. Speaking of which, try playing around in the Scrying Workshop and Dressing Room. Finally, it’s worth mentioning that the gem and treasure ratio is about 1:1000 now.

Good luck!

Edited to add: Also check your Vault, if you haven’t already. Who knows what’s in there?
Welcome back!

I’m not familiar with the old dragon market myself, so I recommend getting price checks on your dragons from those who are. See if you can spot any cool patterns with your dragons’ ID numbers, because there’s a market for that too. It never hurts to have a third party’s input on any offers you receive.

Right now, there is a dominance battle going on between Plague and Nature. Dragon prices are more expensive than usual at the moment, and Springswarm (a micro holiday that gives bonus experience in the Coliseum as well as increased Insect food drops) is expected this weekend, so you came at an interesting time. Not to mention the latest Ancient dragons were released a few days ago. (Ancient dragons can’t wear apparel and can’t breed with Modern dragons, but have different and more wild genes.) Check the Guides section of the forums for a masterlist of Coliseum builds.

You’ll probably notice your Hoard looks different. Some icons under items show what they’re used for, which can range from Hibernal Den tasks (extra lair space for dragons you aren’t actively using), brewing, trading, etc. Some of these are more valuable than their hoardsell value, so check first! You can hover over an item and click on the little green book to be taken to the Game Database’s page on the item, with an easily accessible link to its listings on the Auction House from there.

A lot of site features have been updated, so use the Which Waystone to help you out with daily activities. Sounds like you’ve already figured out fairgrounds, which is awesome. Once you get around to appraising what you own and aren’t sure about keeping, it could serve as a massive head start to new goals and projects. Speaking of which, try playing around in the Scrying Workshop and Dressing Room. Finally, it’s worth mentioning that the gem and treasure ratio is about 1:1000 now.

Good luck!

Edited to add: Also check your Vault, if you haven’t already. Who knows what’s in there?
I'm also back after a long time away! I found these replies really helpful.
I'm also back after a long time away! I found these replies really helpful.
@sirspiderider

Thanks for the additional tips and comments! Sadly I checked my vault already and none of my Nature Spirit collection I once had was in there (so I think I wound up merching them back when I was playing which is why I had over 650k I guess, unless that was still leftover from my Nightwing Egg flipping...)

I'm glad to see this thread helped another returner as well.
@sirspiderider

Thanks for the additional tips and comments! Sadly I checked my vault already and none of my Nature Spirit collection I once had was in there (so I think I wound up merching them back when I was playing which is why I had over 650k I guess, unless that was still leftover from my Nightwing Egg flipping...)

I'm glad to see this thread helped another returner as well.
1 2