Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reduce Breeding Cooldowns
1 2 3
Okay... I am probably going to get 900% flak for this, I apologize. I don't mean to upset anybody! Really. But...

I really think, in general, breeding cooldowns are far, FAR too long. With 35 days being the longest and no way to change it, I feel it's honestly a detriment to the site. This is a breeding site, after all. I know everything here is a timesink, but there are ways around some of them and I guess some of them aren't as horrendous as the breeding cooldowns.

I just feel like, at the moment, there isn't much to do once you've done your dailies. The breeding cooldown doesn't help with that in the least. I know we'd have more concerns about lair space and nest space if lowered, but it just feels far too long. I don't know.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? I'm sorry if it's been brought up before, I'd like to hear some opinions, though.

EDIT: I realize I was mistaken in not considering the oversaturation of dragons, and therefore apologize and have no reason for much further discussion about it.
Okay... I am probably going to get 900% flak for this, I apologize. I don't mean to upset anybody! Really. But...

I really think, in general, breeding cooldowns are far, FAR too long. With 35 days being the longest and no way to change it, I feel it's honestly a detriment to the site. This is a breeding site, after all. I know everything here is a timesink, but there are ways around some of them and I guess some of them aren't as horrendous as the breeding cooldowns.

I just feel like, at the moment, there isn't much to do once you've done your dailies. The breeding cooldown doesn't help with that in the least. I know we'd have more concerns about lair space and nest space if lowered, but it just feels far too long. I don't know.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? I'm sorry if it's been brought up before, I'd like to hear some opinions, though.

EDIT: I realize I was mistaken in not considering the oversaturation of dragons, and therefore apologize and have no reason for much further discussion about it.
deathseeker_caw_zps8ow1makd.gif stormseeker_caw_inv_zpsmwflt9it.gif
LF: Bubblegum/Flaxen (Ivory)/White, Iri/Shim/Belly, fem Skydancer
A+ agreed

like at least put it to less than a month?? it makes the site feel so tedious and it gets boring with only like 3 things to do while I wait to breed dragons, im already sort of drifting away from this site

also please direct 1000% of flak to me if u got any flak to give, I am a more worthy reciever of flak
A+ agreed

like at least put it to less than a month?? it makes the site feel so tedious and it gets boring with only like 3 things to do while I wait to breed dragons, im already sort of drifting away from this site

also please direct 1000% of flak to me if u got any flak to give, I am a more worthy reciever of flak
While I don't support lowering the CD of plentifuls, I think that the CD for coatls and dragons with the same rarity is too long.
So... support for making the longest CD equal, or less than, a month, but no support for lowering the CD of plentifuls.
While I don't support lowering the CD of plentifuls, I think that the CD for coatls and dragons with the same rarity is too long.
So... support for making the longest CD equal, or less than, a month, but no support for lowering the CD of plentifuls.
79mN6Pt.png
No.

Get more breeding pairs.

Have fun finding an empty nest. You won't.

Because everyone's breeding.

No support.
No.

Get more breeding pairs.

Have fun finding an empty nest. You won't.

Because everyone's breeding.

No support.

From a user standpoint, having month plus cooldowns sucks. I don't know where the economy is going to be in a month, and with how frequently popular things fall out of popularity, how am I going to know breeding my dragons with longer cooldowns is going to continue to be profitable?

However, from a logical standpoint... There are a TON of dragons on this site xD lowered cooldowns means even more of them, and -that- could possibly affect the economy in a negative way, as well. Maybe a breeding-cooldown equivalent of a boon, that is found at random and not purchased in the coli, from Pinkerton, etc. might be a viable option?
From a user standpoint, having month plus cooldowns sucks. I don't know where the economy is going to be in a month, and with how frequently popular things fall out of popularity, how am I going to know breeding my dragons with longer cooldowns is going to continue to be profitable?

However, from a logical standpoint... There are a TON of dragons on this site xD lowered cooldowns means even more of them, and -that- could possibly affect the economy in a negative way, as well. Maybe a breeding-cooldown equivalent of a boon, that is found at random and not purchased in the coli, from Pinkerton, etc. might be a viable option?
aUBv6Nx.png ... ~ Ink / fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png / all pronouns -/-/-/-/-/-/- Pinkerlocke | f2u Bio Banners
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc...ccccccccc...Inkpot Accent Shop

_ ______________ _ _ _

Empty your mind.
Be formless. Shapeless, like water. //
...XBYSamS.png
I don't support because the market is already super saturated with dragons already. Reducing the cooldown means even more dragons on the market. I know how annoying it is, especially when you have a breeding project you want to work on or are waiting for just the right mate for an existing dragon, but I don't see this helping the site any. People already complain their dragons don't sell...more dragons mean it'll be even hard to sell.
I don't support because the market is already super saturated with dragons already. Reducing the cooldown means even more dragons on the market. I know how annoying it is, especially when you have a breeding project you want to work on or are waiting for just the right mate for an existing dragon, but I don't see this helping the site any. People already complain their dragons don't sell...more dragons mean it'll be even hard to sell.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Absolutely no support. Like there isn't already an overflow of dragons on this site. Honestly, this would just increase the supply even more and the demand is already very low for dragons, as lair space is limited.
Absolutely no support. Like there isn't already an overflow of dragons on this site. Honestly, this would just increase the supply even more and the demand is already very low for dragons, as lair space is limited.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Not sure if I support or not. What bothers me is the fact that babies start with CD. I'd like that not to be the case.
Not sure if I support or not. What bothers me is the fact that babies start with CD. I'd like that not to be the case.
1qad2pq.jpg
@TaffertianTales How would you go about avoiding that? Have the cooldowns start once the dragon reaches maturity? I'd be for that, to be quite honest. But if you want them to be RTB from the get go, no support, for obvious reasons lol.
@TaffertianTales How would you go about avoiding that? Have the cooldowns start once the dragon reaches maturity? I'd be for that, to be quite honest. But if you want them to be RTB from the get go, no support, for obvious reasons lol.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
I can't agree with reducing the breeding cooldowns, as it does help, even if a little bit, to keep the rarity of some breeds in check.

Though I do agree that there should be more to do after dailies besides forums or coliseum. It would help lessen the impact of large breeding cooldowns for players by giving them more to do. And I think the site's admins are working for this anyway and we need to be patient.
I can't agree with reducing the breeding cooldowns, as it does help, even if a little bit, to keep the rarity of some breeds in check.

Though I do agree that there should be more to do after dailies besides forums or coliseum. It would help lessen the impact of large breeding cooldowns for players by giving them more to do. And I think the site's admins are working for this anyway and we need to be patient.
they/them pronouns // +2 FR Time
Discordian // Sagittarius
ijTNmZk.png
1 2 3